Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 20

Worth coming back?

So I recently started thinking about returning to LOTRO after a lot of time being away. I am sure that only a handful of you even remember me. In the past 3 days I have logged off and on throughout the day to spectate, play and to try and get a feel of the moors. It seems to me that the moors is pretty uneventful.
    What I mean by that is, the only time there is any action is during primetime on weekends. If I log on any time except on weekends it is either creeps getting face rolled or vice versa.

I am not one of those people who can spend 6 hours of my day waiting for a good fight to start...not any more anyway.

It also seems that (at least creepside) there is that classic elitist attitude. Where high ranks only group with high ranks. Now I understand all the reasons why this is and I get it, no one likes a useless tag along....but here is the truth. I need my audacity to compete. I need kills to get audacity. So, I can either hope for an invite into a group, or I am forced to leech.

But here is my question. Is it worth coming back and putting all this effort into ranking up and building my audacity... if I can only do it as a casual gamer? Since I dont have the time to constantly be on, is it worth playing?
    Judging by how things have always gone in the past, i'm beginning to think LOTRO is the same as it ever was, if not worse.

Cheers,
    -Misterbubbles

p.s - I am thinking it would be much easier and faster to just play freepside again. Because at least I can grind a little easier.
    "...People are starting to PvP against each other more on the forums than they do in-game..." ~Andrag ... so true buddy.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000008578b/signature.png]Misterbubbles[/charsig]

I would say that this thread def makes it seem like you at least have some desire to come back. Is it worth it?

Well, there are certainly many game mechanics that are broken, but many that are fun too. There are many fun people to play with, but many people to hate too. I could list hundreds of reasons not to play this game, and many games that look better on paper. But in the end, we end up here because we have fun. And what is fun to me probably isn't fun to you.

For whether or not there is action...well you have to consider that we are currently in the "pre-expansion lull" that we pretty much always see. It is promising to see quite a number of old players peeking their heads in to see whats up, but right now it is really rather hard to gauge what the game will be like in even just a months time.

Anyways, just things to keep in mind. And remember that things WILL change in just 3 weeks time, it's just a matter of whether it will be better or worse
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/6gir6u.png[/IMG]

Talking

BUBBLES!!

Even though I don't play on DD anymore, yes, come back! The game needs some nice people again!

I completely with Eo, and it's pretty much about that: fun. We QQ, we rage, we cry, we hate the game, devs and other people. But in the end, we're all just used to the game, to the devs, to other people. And used to have fun with that.
    VILYA: Capitao-1 r12 Captain | Dwalfin r6 Minstrel | Wuulff r8 Warg | Kruusher r11 Reaver | Creepitao r7 WL

Hmmm...I see.
    I mean no disrespect by this whatsoever..but essentially this game is like trying to love your mentally challenged child. It is broken, but you still love it. Correct?

Also...with the new update coming out and new lvls being made...is the Audacity being 'reset' again? Meaning we will have to earn all new audacity and I have a chance to be strong again?

aaahhh, it is so tempting.
    "...People are starting to PvP against each other more on the forums than they do in-game..." ~Andrag ... so true buddy.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000008578b/signature.png]Misterbubbles[/charsig]

Hey there bubbles,nice to hear from ya again.Heh dont know if you remember me,but if.... although yea things are getting a bit out of hand and with Helms deep coming action isnt that great,but if you wanna try moors once again i will be more than happy to help ya out anyway i can(i have to admit,i am not the kind of guy that groups that much but i will DEF help peeps i know in my time here).I have to say though things are anywhere but balanced and you may get frustrated at some aspects of our pvp now but dont let that get you dissapointed:P

Zitat Zitat von koonerboy Beitrag anzeigen
    Hmmm...I see.
    I mean no disrespect by this whatsoever..but essentially this game is like trying to love your mentally challenged child. It is broken, but you still love it. Correct?

Also...with the new update coming out and new lvls being made...is the Audacity being 'reset' again? Meaning we will have to earn all new audacity and I have a chance to be strong again?

aaahhh, it is so tempting.
    Pretty much. And yea, the audacity cap SHOULD be raised (unless turbine pulls a fast one on us). Then again, that does remind me of how Turbine said one of the main purposes of audacity was to promote getting new gear "seasonally". So much for that idea...

If you want to be strong and relatively balanced once the expansion hits, I would suggest trying to get up to comms cap (10k) before Nov 18, that way you can purchase all the old ranks of audacity (at a cheaper price), as well as at least 1 new one.

bubblezzzzzzzzzzz

I miss our ol' spider groups

I haven't been on much myself of late, tbh I've gotten tired of what they've done to spider (made it more of a tank than kiting machine....) and the broken balance as always....

When I have been on it's usually dead or massive one-sided zerg rez camp... so I mostly only stay if friends are on.

Hopefully HD will make it a bit more interesting again.
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

Zitat Zitat von Skii Beitrag anzeigen
    bubblezzzzzzzzzzz

I miss our ol' spider groups

I haven't been on much myself of late, tbh I've gotten tired of what they've done to spider (made it more of a tank than kiting machine....) and the broken balance as always....

When I have been on it's usually dead or massive one-sided zerg rez camp... so I mostly only stay if friends are on.

Hopefully HD will make it a bit more interesting again.
    Get back here spiderwarg,i feel lonely nowdays

Hopefully you stay man. Always great to see a creep that knows how to be pro with their CC. You're a dying breed at the moment.
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

Bubblez!! Nice to hear from you! ... Would be cool to cya ack in game! Things are kinda dead right now, but really it's the community that makes this game fun. Hopefully things will be looking up after HD! Would love to get some good PvP action again.
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Zitat Zitat von Saenanthra Beitrag anzeigen
    Get back here spiderwarg,i feel lonely nowdays
    Convince Turbine to fix web the earth and I'll have mor' inclination to :P

And get them LMs to stahp putting SI on healers so we can CC properly.

(I'll try to convince myself to get on today or tomorrow ;o )

Zitat Zitat von Skii Beitrag anzeigen
    And get them LMs to stahp putting SI on healers so we can CC properly.
    My subscription is about to run out and it'll be some time before I can re up it so I think ya'll are good on that for now. ;D

/forum stalker mode

O.o evo, u came back!

Also it's usually worth coming back... Even if it is just for old friends, and to catch up on things.
    Hope expansion turns out well... Only 4 more months... Of having to stalker mode forums
    crygin-R11 Warleader, dwarrowdelf

YES

Hey bubblz....for some reason i remember you some how....dont remember exactly but. IDK if you remember me im r9 warg ninjashadow but anyway....Crygin yes please come back soon sick of you stalking me on forums....even though i like it *creepy stare* anyway yes come back. HD proabably wont be to to good but there is an update coming after that just for us i heard. Anyway its alittle unbalanced now but we need more creeps. Yes please come back and let me know and id gladly help you get aud! Its really not that hard to get full aud at the end of things
    See you soon
    and ims me when your on
    -Ninjashadow
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

Just thought I would point out that there most likely will be no audacity rank increase with HD.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

Zitat Zitat von Dntx09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Just thought I would point out that there most likely will be no audacity rank increase with HD.
    Yeah... let's take a moment to reflect on the original reasons for audacity. It all sounded jolly and good back in Update 6...

"Zombie Columbus states that the reason for the addition of this stat (audacity) were due to several causes:

• Current PvMP gear feels “underpowered” or too difficult to acquire. (So that it did not devalue PvE offerings.)
    • PvMP combat is too fast paced due to the damage changes made in Isengard. (Such as the removal of stat caps.)
    • Crowd Control effects are still too powerful.
    • PvMP has no “seasonal mechanic” so that there is no incentive to earn additional gear once it is obtained. "

We should add this to the list of PvMP let downs caused by Turbine, next to the official RoI release announcement:

"LOTRO’s monster play system will get a major revamp including opening up the feature to all players, changes to monster player skills and advancement and a brand new region for players to battle for or against the forces of evil."

Eh, audacity should go away in my opinion at least for Freep side or just significantly drop the effectiveness of it. Would make it more 'balanced' in the sense that Freeps have SI. Oh well though. The changes I want will never come to be which is to have moors taken back to how they were in SoA. WTB hotspot fights back! Those were epic.

Of course, it would solve most the issues that almost all servers have if Turbine would finally give Creeps an SI skill that doesn't last one second (four seconds traited) on a three minute cooldown which both the skill and trait you get at rank 10. Maybe at level 150 cap when we are in Mordor.

I appreciate everyones input and friendliness. I have decided that the only reason I would stay would be for the people...which really is a poor reason to play a game.
    As nice as you all are I don't want to play a game that I think is utterly broken. I played for a awhile and tried to get back into it, but everytime I logged of I thought to myself, "Why am I playing this?"
    Many things just push me over the edge. The brand nerfs (i s*** myself when I learned about it), the 5 year grind for audacity, the auto-flipping (###?), and the blatant P2W. I can put up with slight imbalances between factions... but some things prove to me turbine does not care.

For those of you who can play 6 hours a day and be high rank...yeah I am sure it is more balanced....but as someone who cannot afford to play that much, it is pointless.

Basically if I am going to spend that much time on a game, I might as well put my energy to a game that actually works properly and has a staff that cares about its customers..
    All in all I like the DD community and all of you guys, but my hatred in turbine and the way they have broken the game I love is unacceptable.

~Misterbubbles

my main game is LOL right now - add me - supercoolalpha34

Zitat Zitat von msr Beitrag anzeigen
    /forum stalker mode

O.o evo, u came back!

Also it's usually worth coming back... Even if it is just for old friends, and to catch up on things.
    Hope expansion turns out well... Only 4 more months... Of having to stalker mode forums

Haha nah, I just stalk the forums and act like I still play :P
    Maybe I'll stop by again soon though!
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Zitat Zitat von koonerboy Beitrag anzeigen
    I appreciate everyones input and friendliness. I have decided that the only reason I would stay would be for the people...which really is a poor reason to play a game.
    As nice as you all are I don't want to play a game that I think is utterly broken. I played for a awhile and tried to get back into it, but everytime I logged of I thought to myself, "Why am I playing this?"
    Many things just push me over the edge. The brand nerfs (i s*** myself when I learned about it), the 5 year grind for audacity, the auto-flipping (###?), and the blatant P2W. I can put up with slight imbalances between factions... but some things prove to me turbine does not care.

For those of you who can play 6 hours a day and be high rank...yeah I am sure it is more balanced....but as someone who cannot afford to play that much, it is pointless.

Basically if I am going to spend that much time on a game, I might as well put my energy to a game that actually works properly and has a staff that cares about its customers..
    All in all I like the DD community and all of you guys, but my hatred in turbine and the way they have broken the game I love is unacceptable.

~Misterbubbles

my main game is LOL right now - add me - supercoolalpha34
    I hear that.

I'll add you next time I'm on ;o