Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 24 von 24

What is the best class?

I know that question is very general, but I want people to give me reasons why they think a certain class is the best. I have a 31 warden, a 32 lore master, and I just started a runekeeper. Sadly, these are the only characters I've ever played. From my experience (which probably isn't worth very much), it seems that many classes (burglar, captain, minstrel ect.) tend to be "squishier" than classes that can heal themselves, or regurally do. The runekeeper can provide damage and heal its fellows; the warden deals DoT and can also minorly heal itself, and the lore-master debuffs the heck out of its opponents. I am getting bored with these classes, specifically the lore master. Can someone please identify the next best class?

P.S. Please don't say it's all about my playing style. I like killing but not being killed.

So I understand that you said not to say its about the play style, but it is. That being said, for your playstyle of killing but not being killed, i definitely recommend a heavier class, particularly Guardian or Warden. both have amazing survivability, and those Warden "minor" self heals you talk about are actually not so minor when you get to later levels. I have a warden and can pretty much solo and landscape fellowship quest. I've found that when the Warden is played right, its basically unkillable.

Then again, warden isn't for everyone and also the upcoming class changes will really change just about every class, but i can still confidently say you want a Warden, Guardian, Champ, or Captain for survivability and not being killed.
    Zacharr -- 100 -- Hunter -- Firefoot. I guess that's the new character signature :P

There is no "best class". It's just that certain classes that are better at handling certain situations than other classes.

If you want to know which playstyle you like the best, I'd recommend playing every class. I have.
    And, getting to lvl 30 is nothing, it's not an accurate picture of how the class actually plays. This is evident by the fact that you think warden's self heals are "minor".

Exclamation

I am the best! No, seriously depends what you want of you character.

Ok thanks a lot

Level 32 is not a place to be comparing classes. If you don't enjoy those three at 32, you won't enjoy any at 32, as there isn't a great deal of variation except perhaps for Burglar. All classes can heal to some extent. All classes can DPS to some extent. All have tricks. If you're bored, go do something else. The game doesn't go away just because you stop playing for a week or two.

The best class is the one you have most fun with and to discover that you will have to try them all out...enjoy!

Best class

The best class is different for everyone.
    Like others have said, try them all and stick to to ones you like.
    I personally like the champion the best because it was easy to level, good survivability,
    Easy deed grinding, and you don't have to worry about pulling 1 or 2 at a time thanks to
    The champs AoE goodness.
    My second fave is the gaurdian because I can run into a crowd of a dozen orcs, hold their aggro,
    And not break a sweat.
    My third favorite is the rune keeper; high damage and high sustained healing = win win for me
    My fourth fave is the burglar because I love roaming te ettenmoors in stealth and sneaking up on
    Unsuspecting wargs
    My fifth fave is lore master because the cool factor of dual wielding sword and staff, summoning an eagle
    And rezzing someone while smoking pipeweed is sky high
    My sixth favorite is the minstrel because she is always welcome in groups
    My seventh favorite is warden because he reminds me of Achiles
    My eighth favorite is my hunter because it has high ranged damage and can port anywhere I want
    I hate the captian.....

The Hunter is the best class because I like it the most...

Elf female Champion is the best class.

Reason?

Well due to fact that is extremely hot, very versatile and coolest of them all!!!

You have massive ST burst DPS. Ability to break from daze,root,stun,mezz and knockdown with CB rage. ( Helms deep )

You have best possible incredibly destructive AOE dmg from new Deadly storm "yellow line" virtues. Champ can now hit unlimited amount of enemies with raging blades.

You are even burg too! You can be stealthy with racial trait..

You can be very tough and annoying tank/solid dps in same time.

You can pop up 100%+ parry chance in MT with elf racial.

You so cool and sexy looking in heavy dragon scale armor.

You are always center of attention in raids.

You are ELF! HEy! Wait a min! Wisest , fairest , longest living and most skilled beings in Middle-EARTH! They never get old! And elf female! So hot! Creamy skin!

Overall champion is Alpha!!!

Pik IT AAAAAAP!

Zitat Zitat von Melunielsigh Beitrag anzeigen
    Elf female Champion is the best class.

Reason?

Well due to fact that is extremely hot, very versatile and coolest of them all!!!

You have massive ST burst DPS. Ability to break from daze,root,stun,mezz and knockdown with CB rage. ( Helms deep )

You have best possible incredibly destructive AOE dmg from new Deadly storm "yellow line" virtues. Champ can now hit unlimited amount of enemies with raging blades.

You are even burg too! You can be stealthy with racial trait..

You can be very tough and annoying tank/solid dps in same time.

You can pop up 100%+ parry chance in MT with elf racial.

You so cool and sexy looking in heavy dragon scale armor.

You are always center of attention in raids.

You are ELF! HEy! Wait a min! Wisest , fairest , longest living and most skilled beings in Middle-EARTH! They never get old! And elf female! So hot! Creamy skin!

Overall champion is Alpha!!!

Pik IT AAAAAAP!
    ...lol well what if they're a girl?

Zitat Zitat von ReadStar Beitrag anzeigen
    ...lol well what if they're a girl?
    Matters not. They can try same makeup!

Hunter. Lazy porting skills for travel, easy kills, easy rotations if you wish and able to use slightly more advanced if you feel like it, easy class deeds (if human hnt you get easy racial deeds too), none of that irritating 'you must face the target', easiest deeding by far (unless compared a champ 65-85 in decent gear). My fresh alt hnt that is just a crafter that needs rep gated recipes has yet to die, at 65 (accidentally survived well-travelled when grabbing waterworks stable).

Any class is super if you use: buff foods; scholar scrolls, pots and buffs; hope tokens. For hnt also oils/bow chants. Difference lies in if the class feels clunky and awkward earlier levels - lm people tend to whine until level 50. Burg whines to level 60ish. Guards just keep on whining but have a safe game, if slow. Cappies whine until 50 60 or whenever they start grouping. Champs don't whine a lot after 30 40. Minis seem to start to whine at 40 and get brilliant again at 50-60. RK perhaps 40-50 to begin to not be squishy... Hunters whine that they can't do well in moors, that's about it.

im my opinion the class that is simply the best is:
    The mighty, the valient, the Warden!

What a warden enjoys to do the most is to gather mobs(a lot of mobs) and then kill all of em....the more is the merrier for the wardens...

epic mobs are a wardens plaything......wardens are simply the best soloers...they have almost all the travel skills of a hunter, can do every quest that is meant for a fellowship and are even awesome in ranged combat...

plus they can run very fast...and can sneak around pretty good however they get tired of sneaking after a while so they cant for a long time....

Zitat Zitat von Zakiullah Beitrag anzeigen
    im my opinion the class that is simply the best is:
    The mighty, the valient, the Warden!

What a warden enjoys to do the most is to gather mobs(a lot of mobs) and then kill all of em....the more is the merrier for the wardens...

epic mobs are a wardens plaything......wardens are simply the best soloers...they have almost all the travel skills of a hunter, can do every quest that is meant for a fellowship and are even awesome in ranged combat...

plus they can run very fast...and can sneak around pretty good however they get tired of sneaking after a while so they cant for a long time....
    In the "Solo Challenges" thread it was suggested LM's are the new go-to class for soloing group quests and tackling more difficult challenges as a solo player. The warden does have the speed boost and the travel skills to make life easier, though. Guess the only way to find out will be to play them!

Champions.
    While not able to withstand a constant barrage of assault that a Guardian can, they're also not punching bags and can self-heal. Their unique fervour build skill-set allows great control in terms of orchestrating the terms of engagement. And while not as efficient with a bow as are Hunters, drawing the enemy in often means you get to say when. A Champion was my first choice. Almost 30 characters later, it remains the best choice. It is largely a fighting style preference, and maybe even something to do with personality.

Was gonna say the reaver, but since you don't seem too happy about dying, that's most likely not your cup of tea.
    To be honest, dying is not really a concern outside of the moors. Just took a burg to 85 and that one didn't die once. (Untill I took it to the moors, that ended that record pretty fast. ) So, for what it's worth, don't be too worried about dying, just pick whichever class you have the most fun with. Personally I enjoy Guardians the most of all the freep classes. Just love my dorf grd to bits! Insane survivability and simple to play makes it a fine starter class too imho.

Happy travels. o/

After Helms Deep, I would have to say the best class is the captain. They can solo heal groups now as good as minis and RK's in their blue trait line, and can tank groups as good as a guardian and better than a warden in their yellow trait line. Heck, a good tank captain may not even need a healer in certain groups.

I would expect tank captains to be godly in the moors also. They are the new wardens.

the real question is basically - which class can level from 1-cap with little effort, not have to rely on a group to get the bloody book quests done, has little issue with mobility (ie. travel), and has the least amount of downtime - BOTH morale AND power.

Regardless of the HD changes or how you feel about the trait trees my answer to this question will never change.

The Warden. There's really nothing like it in any game I've ever played.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    I'm going to say the Lore-master. As it stands now, it has the potential to be quite a potent healer and yet I can dps kill a group of 10 mobs two levels higher than me using my awesome AoE skills and my pet.

I love the subtle tactics for every build, and the not-so-very-subtle tactics that sometimes come by to create variation.

Plus, when you get an Elf female, you have a very awesome, very nice, very hot-looking (and yes, I'm a girl) strong lady with an awesome staff. :3

But to get back to the OP's question, there is no "best class" in this game. Each class has its own good sides and bad sides, and each class is different and yet useful. Thing is, it depends on your playstyle - if you like casters, don't play the Champ or Guard; contrariwise, if you like melee don't play LM or Mini. If you like stealth play the Burglar, if you want to be a tank play Guard or Warden, if you like awesome casting with great dps and good healing, then play the RK.

And being at level 30-ish is not yet a good indication of how the class feels. If any indication would be good I'd advise level 50, the level where LotRO originally stopped before any of the xpacs were ever out.

what defines best in this discussion

if its flexibility that would be captain.
    if its balance of dps/survibility that's warden or champ.
    ultimately the best class is less relevant than the best player. All classes are strong is some areas and weak in others(well relative to others anyway). Some are stronger in more areas than others. All things considered play what you want to play that would be the best class for anyone to play.

Zitat Zitat von Easca Beitrag anzeigen
    And being at level 30-ish is not yet a good indication of how the class feels. If any indication would be good I'd advise level 50, the level where LotRO originally stopped before any of the xpacs were ever out.
    ^ That's pretty much how it feels to me on all classes. There is both a difficulty and tedium that often hits me around lvl 30 that becomes exciting and interesting again with the legendary class quests and their attached skills some levels later.

Best class to play is Warden.

Big difference between an ok warden and a great warden, which are few and far between.

One of, if not the easiest classes to solo with.

Self-sustaining, durable, AoE Leeches, the list goes on. Wardens can do everything! Buff, heal, off-DPS & tank.

Once you play a Warden, you never want to play any other class!