Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 17 von 17

Lotteries, a good hook

I really enjoy the little various lotteries. It keeps me logging in here and it gives a nice sense of continuation, of progress perhaps. I think the lotteries work well to pull a hesitant gamer into logging on and having some fun.

It would be nice if the little lotteries were a bit more frequent, perhaps some scaled marks 100-1000 (20-85), the occasional bounder bag (this month of course), little buffs and similar.

Totally agree.

I miss the regular lotteries we used to have.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

When I started (2+ years ago) there seemed to be a lottery every 2/3 days and a 'fluff' one nearly every day during festivals,
    it was a huge draw for me, I'd find myself logging into the forum everyday to check lotrolotto and the more-often I won - the more I'd log into the game to claim/check mail (then end up playing even if not intended).

I'm not sure at which point Turbine went all 'Scrooge McDuck' on us with the lotteries -or weather it was a gradual decline of generosity in the last two years.

Lightbulb

Zitat Zitat von WBS Beitrag anzeigen
    Totally agree.

This. Flash lotteries were fun. 1 day lottos are a lot funner and give more people a chance to participate. I just came back to the game to find that I almost never see lottos anymore =\

Lotteries definitely had a draw for me when they were scheduled. I know they said that lotteries were never intended to be a regular thing, but I really don't see why not. I think it was a good thing. Since the schedule is not likely to return, though, I do keep hoping that after Helm's Deep launches and has some time to get going, they'll happen a little more often (even if just for silly things like a bit of silver and fireworks) and for minimum 24 hour periods instead of 30 min periods.
    [color=#48D1CC][b][i]Imladris[/i][/b][/color] - [color=#9370D8]Moravya[/color][color=#FFE4E1][i], 70 Lore-master[/i][/color]

*checks for lotteries*

I miss the old lotteries as well. It made the whole experience a bit better. I used to check them all the time and since I've been back to Lotro this time around I haven't seen any like before, just a few for Helm's Deep keys. That is nice and all, but I'd prefer a bunch of little ones like we used to have. I'd rather buy HD to support the game, but I don't buy little fluff so it is missed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000004737b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yep, nowadays I very rarely see a lottery...

Depressing, really. :/

They do need to fix this, because people are going to simply give up on the "new" lotteries if it stays like this for long. If people check Lotteries once a day and find one once or twice a week, they'll keep checking. If people can go weeks without seeing one (and without the few HD ones which will vanish soon, I wouldn't have seen any for at least 6 weeks)... I'm pretty sure most will lose interest. This cannot be what they want - it would have been far easier to simply shut them down along with many other features when moving to the new forums.

To sustain interest once HD ships and they're back to some normalcy, I think they need to:

1. Run lotteries which last a minimum of 24 hours. Give people who do check a reasonable chance of finding it, no matter their work schedule or time zone.
    2. Run them once or twice a week on average. Maybe 0 one week and 3 the next, mix it up. "Schedules" aren't necessary, but routine success in finding one is.
    3. Offer something really nice like once a month. Little stuff is nice too, but there's nothing like the chance of a great reward to keep people trying.

Khafar

I keep looking for them elusive lotteries!

On the 20th day, look to the rising sun...or whatever it was Gandalf said in preparation of battle of HD.

EDIT Actually, I think that last mini-lottery I saw was September 22

Zitat Zitat von Macroscian Beitrag anzeigen
    I keep looking for them elusive lotteries!

On the 20th day, look to the rising sun...or whatever it was Gandalf said in preparation of battle of HD.

EDIT Actually, I think that last mini-lottery I saw was September 22
    I log in once or twice a day, and still miss em all. Last one I saw was the last Helm's Deep one.

If there's REALLY too much stuff being given out by lotto, drop the win percentage even further and extend the time.

After all, it ain't like I have *all* the servers covered with level 20+ characters. ...yet.

edit: /Totally seconding what Khafar said.^^

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

on first light on the fifth day, look to the east
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Zitat Zitat von WBS Beitrag anzeigen
    Totally agree.

Ditto. I loved the regular lotteries.

I would love to see at least one Harvest festival lottery. It's fun to win stuff, even if it's only worth a few silvers, so how about it?
    Silverlode refugee

Looks like lotteries are back to their pre-community site nerf. non-existant.

Zitat Zitat von Breaon Beitrag anzeigen
    Looks like lotteries are back to their pre-community site nerf. non-existant.
    According to Sapience, there's simply not enough hours in the day for him to run these things at the moment, indicated by a couple of stressed-but-happy posts from him. I think we could see one or two of the Official big lotteries before HD release but truly unlikely to see any of the actual fun ones This is my interpretation. Last mini-lottery ended on september 25 (started sep 22) I think, and there has been two of the lotteries with 1 winner per server since.

It is Halloween. Too good to pass of an opportunity!

Anyway, don't sweat it. Sapience didn't go through hoops to get a new improved lottery system just so he couldn't use it anymore.

Lotteries will be back. They're just not a big priority. They've been away temporarily in the past, and they've returned. There's no reason they shouldn't return in the (near) future.

But, if you're reading this Sapience, let us wait. Many will forget. I will not. I will religiously check and check and check. I will enter. I will *supervillain laugher* WIN *chokes while muttering something about all your bases belong and intarwebs*