Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 3 von 5 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 51 bis 75 von 104
    Zitat Zitat von maartena Beitrag anzeigen
    I can confirm it is NOT on the computer side.
    It has to be - the server doesn't tell the client whether or not to render the texture for columns in Moria (which is one of the missing textures I was seeing). That sort of data is stored in the game assets on your computer's hard drive, and the client loads and renders them independently. (Or is supposed to, anyway).

It's certainly possible that the server is telling it to render dynamic objects at a shorter distance (reduced awareness), and that the client is screwing up when in that mode. That's what a lot of people are saying is happening, and it may be. I'm a bit confused as to why that wasn't the case for me, though. My missing textures were happening at off hours without any reduced awareness at all. And once I got the latest driver and it went away, I still wasn't in "reduced awareness" (although I did try playing during peak hours to try and trigger it).

Khafar

I have nothing updating on this system except the game client. Absolutely nothing connects to the internet until I tell it to do so. Nothing changed my end and no disappearing landscape before last update to the game. I'm sure the change means the rendering is happening my end but the change was not my end...if that made sense

true some graphics are missing ive been running around helping others this week and found lots of missing graphics myself,

from bridge in tinnidur 1/2 of bridge was missing,

to some mountains, to i ran into invisable wall in carn dum was to funny when my kinnie asked me why i was running into a wall .

have taken some screen shots. but cant seem to submit them it keeps asking me for website i should be able to just submit them on here as a photo.

Zitat Zitat von Kaynith Beitrag anzeigen
    Imagine this fictional conversation if you will...

<snip customer service conversation>

So, would you tolerate this for one minute? Would you pay happily $600 to $1200 for a new phone just to call the SAME people that you could call yesterday, in the same exact coverage zone? Or would you tell the phone company to get their act together? Or would you simply change phone companies? What if you couldn't change phone companies. What if they had a monopoly on the lines? (Or in this case, the IP?)
    My phone comany actually did something like that to me once. I had one of the old Nokia monochrome phones and they told me that I had to upgrade because they were phasing out the systems that my phone was using. It had already lost the caller ID and if I would have waited too much longer I probably couldn't have used it at all.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00cc00][B]Founding Member: Sapience Fan Club and Adoration Society[/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Another anecdotal tidbit:

Garsfield, outside LI shack. Can't see shack and other structures; failed to render. But I can see door. I go inside, do my LI business, and then exit. Presto every thing renders. So perhaps going through a loading screen forces a refresh.

Also seeing the behavior where very very close object do render, but mid-long range objects do not.

Fun stuff.

I've been having this a lot - riding around near Weathertop and bumping into a big rock that doesn't materialize until I bounce, riding through wilderness that sprouts trees as I ride past and so on. Sometimes it makes the mobs lurking in the tall grass easier to spot when the grass hasn't instantiated yet!

This morning during the downtime I thought I'd try upgrading my NVIDIA driver for my GeForce 8800 GTX, as some suggested, even though I'd been going along with no trouble until the last week or so and I of course knew that wasn't the problem.

I've played for about five hours today, and none of this has been happening since I upgraded. Maybe I just haven't gotten the right combination of circumstances, but the circumstantial evidence so far is that switching to NVIDIA driver 327.23 seems to be working for me.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Yeah this is getting stupid. Especially while playing through Moria. Always having to log out and in so I can see where stairs are or to make sure I'm walking across a bridge and not off a cliff. Been happening for days now. Starting to get on my nerves.

Has Turbine even acknowledged the problem?

Zitat Zitat von Viniel Beitrag anzeigen
    Hit it again today in Moria while running from Durin's threshold to dolven view. Just shy of dolven view, many textures for structures, like bridges and ramps, failed to load.

Moria is unplayable with this happening. JMO.
    I was like what the heck! Since when do we have flying Goat Mounts ?!?

I've started the process of another alt going into Moria and I was trying to get to Dolven View, looking for a path to get there, then all of a sudden some dude rode past on a stable mount, rode across the crevasse on his flying Goat. So I followed on foot, and suddently the missing object appeared underneath, and alas I didn't get to walk on air.

But yeah was frustrating only because I could've gone across sooner if the object was visible.

Well just look at this. Those sneaky orcs have come in and stolen Othrikar right out from under everyone's nose. See for yourselves.

If you can't see the pics - http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=WTMeAhiP

If the orcs haven't stolen Othrikar, then this is some sort of new cloaking technology the dwarfs have been working on. This seems to happen a lot in Moria so I wonder if the dwarves have built themselves an Area 51 done there somewhere. And by studying the alien craft discovered buried in the mountain they have created a cloaking device that will help them defeat the orcs and retake Moria. But since this is happening most everywhere now, maybe the orcs put together an elite squad and somehow managed to infiltrate Area 51 and steal the prototype of this new cloaking device. Thus giving the witchking a new weapon of invisibility. And he is sending out his agents to reek havok on middle earth by cloaking walls and floors and even entire buildings and towns. If the witchking ever perfects this cloaking device we will never find Mordor as he will certainly cloak the entire land thus allowing him to reign as long as he pleases. This does not bode well for all of middle earth.
    Geändert von soltasword (08.10.2013 um 10:19 Uhr)

I think the client is leaking memory or some other resource because the problems with it seem to get worse the longer I am on. This morning I was on at a time when few others seemed to be around and the longer I played to worse the graphics problem got. At one point I was in Galtrev and the door to the hall where the class trainers are would not paint so I could not enter. I logged off and on again but the door did not repaint. I lowered my resolution from very high to high, logged off and on again but still it would not allow me to enter the training hall. Finally I exited the client and reloaded and everything worked well after that. On other occasions I notice that the client stops responding to the keyboard. Sometimes this shows up as my character simply running in a straight direction and not responding to any key commands, and at other times the character goes in circles. I thought perhaps I had a keyboard problem so I switched keyboards but that did not clear the problem. Only exiting the client and reloading solves the problem - temporarily.

Zitat Zitat von Kaynith Beitrag anzeigen
    My entire point is that I have no problem with certain new content being less than perfect due to an older or newly-unsupported video card, etc.

My problem is with content that worked fine for 5+ years and is all of a sudden virtually unplayable due to SOME change on Turbine's end.

Nothing on my end changed. Therefore it cannot possibly be my 'fault'.

They want to make the new content require bells and whistles and water cooled vid cards? Hey, whatever, I'm down with that.

The 'fix' is to rollback whatever is causing this problem and start to fix the other problem from scratch in a way that doesn't break existing paid-for content.

If I can't run certain aspects of HD due to the system requirements being too high for Big Battles, that's on me.

If I can't run Angmar because there are no walls there today when there were yesterday, that's on them.

Get the difference?

^ This x 100.

This is the crux of the issue.

Nothing changed my end either, and now parts of the game are virtually unplayable.

Turbine changed something, they now need to fix it.

All The Best

Zitat Zitat von Paragnosis Beitrag anzeigen
    On other occasions I notice that the client stops responding to the keyboard. Sometimes this shows up as my character simply running in a straight direction and not responding to any key commands, and at other times the character goes in circles. I thought perhaps I had a keyboard problem so I switched keyboards but that did not clear the problem. Only exiting the client and reloading solves the problem - temporarily.
    Those are ancient problems. Over 4 years old at least. Still very irritating though...

Cool Reduced Awareness Problem

Is the "Reduced Awareness" problem happening on all servers? I am in Arkenstone and it never happened to me. Maybe some of the servers are busier than others??

Zitat Zitat von Tweety-II Beitrag anzeigen
    Is the "Reduced Awareness" problem happening on all servers? I am in Arkenstone and it never happened to me. Maybe some of the servers are busier than others??
    I play on Arkenstone and I see it frequently, even when I don't see too many other players in the area.

I yet to have issues that make lotro unplayable.
    I have a nice desktop, graphics card is newer and updated, plenty of ram and cpu is good...
    I've only played on DirectX 11, with minimal unrendered graphics.

Are all the unrendered graphics issues on not-too-new computers and older?
    What DirectX is the client being run on?
    I can only speculate it is the client compatibilty with whatever graphics card and graphics sofware the computer is running.
    I'm no computer geek/nerd, so I dont know. Just guessing.

Zitat Zitat von Tuco Beitrag anzeigen
    I've been having this a lot - riding around near Weathertop and bumping into a big rock that doesn't materialize until I bounce, riding through wilderness that sprouts trees as I ride past and so on. Sometimes it makes the mobs lurking in the tall grass easier to spot when the grass hasn't instantiated yet!

This morning during the downtime I thought I'd try upgrading my NVIDIA driver for my GeForce 8800 GTX, as some suggested, even though I'd been going along with no trouble until the last week or so and I of course knew that wasn't the problem.

I've played for about five hours today, and none of this has been happening since I upgraded. Maybe I just haven't gotten the right combination of circumstances, but the circumstantial evidence so far is that switching to NVIDIA driver 327.23 seems to be working for me.
    Two days since I upgraded my NVIDIA driver, and I still haven't had this delayed draw problem since then, despite copious play. I've had the "reduced visibility" a few times, and it still behaved as expected - the reduced viz was not debilitating, and none of the glitchy "Oh, here's a big honking tree in your face." stuff.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Zitat Zitat von Nuuma Beitrag anzeigen
    Seeing the vanishing structure issue all over Middle-earth on two completely different computers, one playing on DX9 setting and the other DX11. Both have relatively new hardware with AMD CPUs (one Phenom II X6, the other FX) and NVIDIA graphics (one GTX285, the other GTX670).

"Check your connection quality with Pingplotter or similar software. Routing issues can cause rendering issues. (Can't wait to get the house finished and onto our much better ISP). That said, I have had the Reduced Awareness notification pop up (not quite 100% with visible connection issues) and some rendering issues anywhere in the world. It hasn't been enough to adversely affect game play; but I am looking for it and will /bug it when it happens to me in such a manner that waiting a few seconds doesn't help. "

My boyfriend and i play side by side, 2 computers, same internet connection. One of us experiences missing stairs, walls, tree's or rocks while the other does not. (and this changes between the 2 of us), Thought about screen shooting it for laughs.

Buy seriously, so annoying to be out questing/deeding, even after a few alts have been through areas, and be running into invisible rocks or walls.
    Been happening for us about 3 - 4 weeks.
    No reduced awareness icon although i do get that rarely, usually festivals only, and don't notice anything different.
    He has updated drivers, I dont. Nvidia cards.
    Geändert von woodwren (09.10.2013 um 17:52 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Nuuma Beitrag anzeigen
    I yet to have issues that make lotro unplayable.
    I have a nice desktop, graphics card is newer and updated, plenty of ram and cpu is good...
    I've only played on DirectX 11, with minimal unrendered graphics.

I can only speculate it is the client compatibilty with whatever graphics card and graphics sofware the computer is running.
    I'm no computer geek/nerd, so I dont know. Just guessing.
    I also have a new desktop (3 months), plenty of RAM, powerful CPU, high end graphics card, etc. The problem only started with the recent update so it is not a result of me having antiquated equipment. Oddly, I can run just fine on my laptop, which is much less powerful and older than my desktop, but both computers have video cards from the same manufacturer.

I have seen this bug manifest as missing rocks, trees, and castle walls in Ettenmoors. Sometimes the objects appear when you get close enough, often times not. Rocks are easy to go around, because the shadows baked into landscape texturing do appear correctly. When I play grouped other players also mention these issues, but not necessarily at the same locations as I do.

This is now getting very serious. I think all of us would very much like to see a blue name comment on this. Missing trees, missing rocks on landscape, etc, is one thing, but look at this image from the Moors, upstairs in Tol Ascarnen, where I was fighting a short time ago.

Walls gone, the upper floor invisible. I literally had no visual cues to navigate my way around, it was totally confusing, and almost gave rise to sensations of vertigo. I had to relog to fix this. I believe many freeps and creeps alike have to relog multiple times a night to fix the problem (but only temporarily).

Whatever the cause, or solution, Turbine you MUST get a fix for this asap, because right now there are times when the game is almost completely unplayable.

Two days since I upgraded my NVIDIA driver, and I still haven't had this delayed draw problem since then, despite copious play. I've had the "reduced visibility" a few times, and it still behaved as expected - the reduced viz was not debilitating, and none of the glitchy "Oh, here's a big honking tree in your face." stuff.
    And this morning it came back again: in Othrikar the building on the west side disappeared; I rode out over the air (remembered where the stairs were) to turn in my quest to the dwarf who was standing six feet over the ground.

Sigh.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

I've been leveling a hunter and have experienced this in quite a few places. In the Northeastern corner of Misty Mountains had a helluva time trying to get around an invisible boulder. In Angmar at one of the camps that was a maze to get into because there were wooden walls and since they were invisible it was a grand ol' time!

I understand things are not easily fixed as most of the community is unaware of the software development/testing stages to ensure QA is decent. However, would sure be nice to hear back from someone in Turbine regarding this and an ETA or status update.

Read through several threads on the same topic in the tech support forum, didn't see any official acknowledgement of the issue.

Best guess as to what is happening goes to Lynx3D, who posits that it stems from the algorithm that calculates level of detail / what texture to render. Makes you think that the attempts to fix lag/etc are the root cause, but who knows. /bugging this whenever it comes up seems like a good way to irritate whoever has to answer those tickets, but not really sure what else can be done on the player's end.

Would love to hear even just "Yes we know this is an issue, we are looking into it". In its absence it is easy to start feeling that it is not going to improve.

And this morning it came back again: in Othrikar the building on the west side disappeared; I rode out over the air (remembered where the stairs were) to turn in my quest to the dwarf who was standing six feet over the ground.

Sigh.

This happened to me the other day in Othrikar but half of it was entirely invisible. Even the base of that center area out there was invisible. Yeah, I hope they fix this issue asap. Has anyone heard from Turbine on this.

Also, I really don't think it has anything to do with graphics cards or drivers or even how old your system is because I have a new setup with a good graphics card and latest drivers and I am still experiencing these issues. And they started for me about 3 or 4 weeks ago as well.

Seite 3 von 5 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 LetzteLetzte