Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3

Client crash after failing to connect to patch server (through Steam)

I played the game on my iMac earlier today at home, no problem. But trying to play at my parents' house I keep running into the same issue: the launcher loads up and tries to connect to the patch server (presumably to check the game install and verify everything is up to date, which it is until Monday's update). It fails, does the 60 second countdown to retry, and crashes every time it tries again. Since the only thing that has changed in the past 10 hours is the internet I'm connected to, I'm assuming it's a router setting problem. Anyone have any idea what setting that is I need to tweak? Or if it could possibly be something else?

Zitat Zitat von Fantomex Beitrag anzeigen
    I played the game on my iMac earlier today at home, no problem. But trying to play at my parents' house I keep running into the same issue: the launcher loads up and tries to connect to the patch server (presumably to check the game install and verify everything is up to date, which it is until Monday's update). It fails, does the 60 second countdown to retry, and crashes every time it tries again. Since the only thing that has changed in the past 10 hours is the internet I'm connected to, I'm assuming it's a router setting problem. Anyone have any idea what setting that is I need to tweak? Or if it could possibly be something else?
    Yes, you have a "communications" problem. See:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_..._Forwarding.29
    For the most likely changes.

Assuming you are using the same iMac, then that should be everything. If however, the machine at your parents is a different box, the probability is with Virus/Malware protection (although this problem is normally limited to updating). Scroll down a section or two to: "The Mac Client and anti-malware (anti-virus) software"
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

BTW, I would strongly recommend you "lock the ring in the dock" so that you can launch the Mac Client in the future without running through Steam.
    The Steam overlay itself does cause problem on occasion, although since the last patch to the Steam Mac Client, that problem seems to have been addressed.
    At least for me with 10.8.5.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91