Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13

The PVP here is _______

Hello! My gf and I are looking to potentially transfer to Landy in search of a more mature playerbase, and for me - a different pvp experience. I come from ridder where I have had lots of good times with kinnies there, but after coming back from a long break and seeing most of them are now playing creeps it's a good time to look into the transfer. Ridder had lots of offpeak hours where there was no action. I know landroval is a bigger server so hoping there is more action more of the time. I understand it's a double edged sword and sometimes this can mean it's too zergy, but I'd rather have zergy action at primetime and action at offpeak than moments where there is nothing to kill.

Would love to hear opinions of people on how the PVP is here. Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008275f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Where do I start. As far as I see it, landy pvp is dying, maybe its just bad week, but thats what I noticed. But we still manage to get some RvR action, also FC, small group and solo, but during prime time its usually RvR.

Agree with Mil, I think the perception of it dying has more to do with less people logging in during the in between expansion period, and those that have left due to bad dev decisions. Other than that, primetime is mainly RvR, off peak will be your small group and solo. Some nights are fun, others frustrating. be prepared for horrible lag.

EDITTED POST!: The PvP here is not as good as I made it sound, especially lately (Perhaps). Elendilmir seems to be a decent North American Server option for a decent pvp experience, little drama, players dedicated to PvP, 1v1s, small grouping, minimum ganking compared to elsewhere, and raid v raid.
    Geändert von TheBaneofMen (04.10.2013 um 22:31 Uhr)
    Thebaneofmen Sorrowandpain Gilcalardir

*sniff* I want to PVP!!!

PVP on Landy is a lot like PVP on other servers, sometimes slightly zergy, sometimes slower and a bit more challenging. What Landy has over other servers is a good community.

Are we mature? --sometimes,

Do we zerg?----Sometimes

Are we crazy as all get out?----you betcha!!!
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Well it's a good sign that there hasn't been a troll post yet
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008275f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von Tennyson Beitrag anzeigen
    Well it's a good sign that there hasn't been a troll post yet
    Send a tell to Gilcalardir in-game tonight, and i'll give a better run down
    Thebaneofmen Sorrowandpain Gilcalardir

Zitat Zitat von Tennyson Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello! My gf and I are looking to potentially transfer to Landy in search of a more mature playerbase, and for me - a different pvp experience. I come from ridder where I have had lots of good times with kinnies there, but after coming back from a long break and seeing most of them are now playing creeps it's a good time to look into the transfer. Ridder had lots of offpeak hours where there was no action. I know landroval is a bigger server so hoping there is more action more of the time. I understand it's a double edged sword and sometimes this can mean it's too zergy, but I'd rather have zergy action at primetime and action at offpeak than moments where there is nothing to kill.

Would love to hear opinions of people on how the PVP is here. Thanks!

+

=

Landroval PvP

Take it with a grain of salt

Landy pvp has a good variety of action, some solo, some small groups, some raids, and some zergs. The action is a bit slower than it was a few months back, due to the gap between expansions, but there's still definitely a lot happening. There's definitely times where there isn't much action, and nights (the typical raiding time) have been a bit slower, but it's still a good selection of action. Granted, if you're looking for pure numbers, it's no Brandywine, but it's still well populated. The player base here is also definitely more polite/mature than I've seen elsewhere. (although there's always an exception)
    [B][I]Nymwe, R11 RK [/I][/B]

Zitat Zitat von Rhimlaith Beitrag anzeigen
    (although there's always an exception)
    Zitat Zitat von Gottapee Beitrag anzeigen

+

=

Landroval PvP

Just kidding. Strobe is mature. Like a fine wine.

Regarding the OP, for the most part I enjoy Landy pvp. It's a good community and, as others have said, there are a variety of play styles to be found.
    [COLOR=#FF8C00][SIZE=2][B]Hromgar[/B][/SIZE], Captain[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#FFFFF0][SIZE=2][B]Numenorean Guard,[/B][/SIZE] Landroval[/COLOR]

Well I'm sold. Look forward to the new faces when my transfer goes through. Look for Tennyson, rr8 minstrel out there.

There is many different types of pvp on landy, but the issue is people don't respect that other people want to play different ways. You will find out that their is a lot of cliques that want pvp their way, or the high way, and will do anything in their power to stop you from pvping anyway except the way that they want you to pvp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520 a00000006a7cc/signature.png]

Zitat Zitat von Gottapee Beitrag anzeigen

+

=

Landroval PvP

./Reported for too many gifs

Durrga R13 Hunter *Highguard of Numenor /Medwulf (semi-retired) R10 Champ / Vei the Burg R9