Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Play Dead Pointless in EM?

Not to sure if this has been covered before, but have only been playing mini in EM for last 6 months or so. Im a hobbit so have 2 play dead skills. Play Dead seems to be a bit useless in Moors, its suppose to be an Imediate Skill, however if I had a euro for everytime it was interrupted, Bill Gates move over. And ive also noticed that even after I play dead I can be popped out of play dead after a few secs. Are these bugs or is it intended. Ive never seen a Spider's burrow been popped out after a few secs, as I don't play spider I have to assume it cant be interrupted. Anyone having the same issue, and is it a bug?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000014ba8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Proud Leader of Beggars Banquet
    A pessimist is just an optimist who knows better

I don't know if anything has changed since I quit lotro but I happened to come across the thread and thought I'd reply anyway. As someone who used to play a spider -- weavers can apply latent poison -- a delayed stun that could pop a minnie out of play dead. I quit about a year ago so I don't know if any other classes have something similar nowadays or if latent poison still works as it did.

Also, I'd like to mention when I did play a weaver, sometimes a well timed stun/mes/cc would pop me right out of burrow as soon as I went in. It was pretty damn annoying. Same thing could happen to minnie with play dead too if I remember correctly.

Like I said, I don't play these days, so take my words with a grain of salt.
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Cheers , makes sense it is usually with spiders around that happens, however its the Immedaite that bugs me, that the skill doesnt happen immediate and can be interupted which is most annoying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000014ba8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Proud Leader of Beggars Banquet
    A pessimist is just an optimist who knows better

Feigning death is not 'useless', but it sure isn't working terribly great. The basic problem is that hits can go through at the beginning of the channeling due to the way client/server synchronization is implemented, which means it can go on CD and be immediately interrupted, or be shortened to half its duration if even that.

When it does work as intended, it can still get interrupted by delayed crowd control, you still take damage from DoTs, and lying helplessly on the ground likely won't do much to improve the situation that caused you to use it in the first place.

So yeah, most of the times, it's just frustrating.
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

Zitat Zitat von Ger_Beggar Beitrag anzeigen
    ...however its the Immedaite that bugs me, that the skill doesnt happen immediate and can be interupted which is most annoying.
    I can help explain this, "immediate" is a classification of skill in relation to your own skill timing and skill animations, not others' skills being applied to you. See "fast" skills and "tactical" skills. The way it works is regular tactical skills wait for the skill action duration and animation of a prior skill to complete before firing. IE, once everything is done, then the skill may begin. Fast skills wait for a prior skill's animation to complete, but ignore any potential remaining action duration. (Which is why DPS classes interlace their regular mêlée skills with fast skills if they can.) Immediate skills cut off the prior skill's animation AND action duration.

So immediate skills fire "right away" effectively, but that has no impact on the duration of the skill, it's own action duration, it's own animation, prior affects applied to you, the timing of others' skills sent your way, etc. The only thing immediate "means", is your own prior skill's action duration is ignored and it's animation is interrupted. You can see this by enabling the UI setting for the "skill queue", which shows a little hourglass, which fills up and empties based upon skills' classifications of speed and action durations.

This is why Champs and Burgs follow their skills with long animations with Clobber and Addle respectively (both immediate skills), to shorten/interrupt the wait for those animations to complete before they can hit another skill.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm