Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 1 von 4 1 2 3 4 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 25 von 84

Thema: Female Dwarf?

Female Dwarf?

I've been playing for a few weeks now and I really love the game... but I'm sad I couldn't choose to be a female dwarf.

Nothing is stopping you from choosing to play a female dwarf.

Zitat Zitat von Roberto_the_First Beitrag anzeigen
    Nothing is stopping you from choosing to play a female dwarf.
    Except that there is no gender option, as there is with all other races...

Zitat Zitat von Z0mbiegrl Beitrag anzeigen
    Except that there is no gender option, as there is with all other races...
    I'm sure you'll find a few conversations in the suggestions forum about dwarven gender, but the short version is: nobody can tell them apart anyway.

My dwarves are feminine, even if Turbine calls them Kinsmen.

I'm sure you'll find a few conversations in the suggestions forum about dwarven gender, but the short version is: nobody can tell them apart anyway.

That's not a good reason to exclude a gender option. Dwarves may be androgynous but they are NOT asexual.

That's not a good reason to exclude a gender option. Dwarves may be androgynous but they are NOT asexual.
    Of course not, but that doesn't mean they acted feminine in any way non-Dwarves could recognise. I'm not sure 'androgynous' is really the right word because it implies showing both male and female qualities or characteristics, whereas they appeared specifically male to everybody else, at least given how they dressed in the outside world.

Zitat Zitat von Radhruin_EU Beitrag anzeigen
    Of course not, but that doesn't mean they acted feminine in any way non-Dwarves could recognise. I'm not sure 'androgynous' is really the right word because it implies showing both male and female qualities or characteristics, whereas they appeared specifically male to everybody else, at least given how they dressed in the outside world.
    That's fine, make them look the same... but as the player, I should know. I should be able to choose my own gender at character creation like everyone else.

Why do elves get to be boys or girls, but I only get to choose "dwarf"? So what if I have a beard? So what if I can drink my fellowship under the table and slay orcs with the best of 'em? Does that make me any less of a woman?

Wink

Some people say that there are no female dwarves, that dwarves spawn from stone & sweat. So just make a thin beared dwarf, call it a femenine name, put it a busty dress & you are set.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

That's fine, make them look the same... but as the player, I should know. I should be able to choose my own gender at character creation like everyone else.

Why do elves get to be boys or girls, but I only get to choose "dwarf"? So what if I have a beard? So what if I can drink my fellowship under the table and slay orcs with the best of 'em? Does that make me any less of a woman?
    If you want to be particular, then female Dwarves didn't get out much and didn't go around slaying Orcs at all.

I'm sorry, but this whole topic brought this little comic to mind:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dwarf-...lems-357886901

While it ultimately would be nice if Turbine had a gender option on dwarves, no matter how superficial and tiny it might be, there really is nothing stopping you from playing a female dwarf. If you really want to make it obvious to other players, there is the character biography that you can use to make the whole 'lady dwarf' thing known.
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/10hncxh.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"][MY ALTS] [B]Balvur[/B] warden/ [b]Hallti[/b] guardian/ [b]Hila[/b] burglar/ [b]Elenauriel[/b] runekeeper/ [b]Dolmifaynar[/b] minstrel [/COLOR]
    I speak my mind because it [COLOR="#B22222"][i]hurts[/i][/COLOR] to bite my tongue

Zitat Zitat von Sapience Beitrag anzeigen
    If you notice on the character creation screen, there is no 'male' option either. It's merely 'dwarf'. This is because it's impossible to tell the two sexes apart.

Feel free to play your dwarf as any gender you wish.
    This has been asked and answered many times even by Turbine themselves.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

A better way to handle the issue of them looking alike would have been for dwarves to be identified at character creation as either male or female the same as all other characters, but for the two to have exactly the same set of appearance options. That way things like titles, parent/child relationships, and pronoun use could be handled correctly. (Perhaps in NPC dialog it could be set to only be handled correctly if the NPC is also a dwarf.)

It would be nearly impossible for Turbine to change to that at this point, however, simply because of all the dwarf characters people have already created. Turbine has no clue as to which of them are male and which female. It's not that female dwarves are missing. It's that no dwarves —either male or female— have their gender specified within the game itself.

So we're left with the only way to have either a male or female dwarf to be in roleplaying. Those not into (at least a little) RP just have dwarves of unspecified gender.

Zitat Zitat von Radhruin_EU Beitrag anzeigen
    If you want to be particular, then female Dwarves didn't get out much and didn't go around slaying Orcs at all.

Ah, but they do get called upon occasionally in times of great need or crisis... and it's possible that I'm a rogue or an outcast... That should be for me to decide... and female dwarven warriors are said to be quite ferocious when the need arises.

Zitat Zitat von WBS Beitrag anzeigen
    This has been asked and answered many times even by Turbine themselves.
    My point is that, while it may be impossible for YOU to tell them apart, I (as a dwarf) should know.

If I want to play as a masculine female elf or a feminine male human, I can... So why make dwarves asexual?

Zitat Zitat von Niwashi Beitrag anzeigen
    A better way to handle the issue of them looking alike would have been for dwarves to be identified at character creation as either male or female the same as all other characters, but for the two to have exactly the same set of appearance options. That way things like titles, parent/child relationships, and pronoun use could be handled correctly. (Perhaps in NPC dialog it could be set to only be handled correctly if the NPC is also a dwarf.)

It would be nearly impossible for Turbine to change to that at this point, however, simply because of all the dwarf characters people have already created. Turbine has no clue as to which of them are male and which female. It's not that female dwarves are missing. It's that no dwarves —either male or female— have their gender specified within the game itself.

So we're left with the only way to have either a male or female dwarf to be in roleplaying. Those not into (at least a little) RP just have dwarves of unspecified gender.

Yes, this.

I'm not saying I want to make a pretty pretty princess dwarf with boobs and flirty eyelashes, but it really rubs me the wrong way that I am essentially genderless.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Yes, this.

I'm not saying I want to make a pretty pretty princess dwarf with boobs and flirty eyelashes, but it really rubs me the wrong way that I am essentially genderless.
    Aww! Does that mean I have to take off the sparkles . LOL... I wish my dwarf could have sparkles...
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

I have a book called "The Hobbit and unexpected journey Chronicles" is a book of all of Weta`s conceptual art for the movie...in it you see there conceptual art for DWaRVEN WOMEN! in they did NOT have beards like a man dwarf but more of a goatee or LONG sideburns... mainly missing the mustache area... so I think a Dwarven Women option would be great... I know LOTRO is not based off of Weta`s designs but Weta is based VERY strictly to the books as are a good deal of things in this game...

Now Turbine should jump on this option before the release of "The Hobbit Desolation of smaug" due to fans of the movies accusing Turbine of stealing Weta`s ideas.

Also I have noticed the character creation for Men is very good...but for Women and all the other races it`s still good but not AS good epesaly the dwarvs...i think we should be able to make the option to make dwarves a little let wide...so that are dwarven characters can stand out more in a crowd...

So please consider my ideas all you peeps! :3

You are not genderless, you are quite clearly male although you are free to name your Dwarf Clara or Pauline and wear robes or dresses. You simply cannot play a female Dwarf for the same reason you can't fly, it's not cannon.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f80c0/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It's not Lord of the Rings, and I cannot think of a clearer way to say it. Also, it's just not that big a deal.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Dude that was a joke not a fact dwarf women don't have beards I am sure they would look rough I am sure but no beards I am sure. This has always beeb a stupid oversight in the game
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Zitat Zitat von Nymphonic Beitrag anzeigen
    It's not Lord of the Rings, and I cannot think of a clearer way to say it. Also, it's just not that big a deal.
    "In The Lord of the Rings Tolkien writes that they breed slowly, for no more than a third of them are female, and not all marry; also, female Dwarves look and sound (and dress, if journeying—which is rare) so alike to Dwarf-males that other folk cannot distinguish them, and thus others wrongly believe Dwarves grow out of stone. Tolkien names only one female, Dís. In The War of the Jewels Tolkien says both males and females have beards." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_(Middle-earth)

If you have not actually read the books, I recommend that you do so. J.R.R. Tolkien obviously did envision and write about female dwarfs. I see no reason those that want to play a "female" dwarf should be looked down upon or worse, told they are "breaking the lore" as that is just not correct. Anytime you want to meet my female dwarf on Arkenstone, just let me know, I'm sure Drakenali would be happy to meet you.
    [IMG]http://ttcdreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/lotrosig.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think anyone is 'looking down' on those asking for female dwarves, but letting them know that Turbine is simply not going to introduce Dwarves with breasts, higher voices, less facial hair, slimmer waists or any other distinguishing female characteristic. Tolkien describes either in full or part many other things that simply are not going make it into the game, and that's that, modern sensibilities notwithstanding.

I had a friend who was going to play LotRO and didn't make it past character creation when he realized he couldn't make his Elf look 'pretty'. I told him that if he wanted pron-star pretty he could go back to playing WoW. Playable races, genders and classes are simply what they are in LotRO, and highly unlikely (as likely as any of us finishing Fishy, Very Fishy) to change, and frankly I like it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f80c0/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von Kirvay Beitrag anzeigen
    "In The Lord of the Rings Tolkien writes that they breed slowly, for no more than a third of them are female, and not all marry; also, female Dwarves look and sound (and dress, if journeying—which is rare) so alike to Dwarf-males that other folk cannot distinguish them, and thus others wrongly believe Dwarves grow out of stone. Tolkien names only one female, Dís. In The War of the Jewels Tolkien says both males and females have beards." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_(Middle-earth)

If you have not actually read the books, I recommend that you do so. J.R.R. Tolkien obviously did envision and write about female dwarfs. I see no reason those that want to play a "female" dwarf should be looked down upon or worse, told they are "breaking the lore" as that is just not correct. Anytime you want to meet my female dwarf on Arkenstone, just let me know, I'm sure Drakenali would be happy to meet you.
    There are female dwarves in Middle Earth yes, but not in Lord of the Rings(The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King). There were none at the Council of Elrond and Gimli was the only dwarf after that in the story. Not having dwarves was not an oversight by Turbine, it was intentional.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Seite 1 von 4 1 2 3 4 LetzteLetzte