Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9

Hybrid-Darstellung

How to buy the game initially? Steam vs LOTRO Market vs Amazon

Hi all,

I played LOTRO years ago when Codemasters were in charge of the UK release. I cannot seem to access my old account from 2008/9 so I have resigned myself to setting up a new account.

My question is - what is the best way to start playing from scratch with the new F2P and Expansion packs?!

I have seen digital downloads, free downloads, bonus packs, VIP subscriptions and the Mithril Edition sold via Amazon.

I am simply looking to get involved in the game and maybe have the riding ability. I never multi-character. I just have one character and stick with it, probably Hunter class.

Any advice appreciated. I have enough disposable income to buy items etc.

What I don't want to do is miss out on some sort of megapack or bonus stack which costs a fortune separately.

Thanks guys.

Steve

Even if you're only going to be playing only one character, I'd recommend getting at least a month of VIP.

For the Trait unlock alone, the cost of a month of VIP is cheaper than than the amount of cash it would cost to purchase the 1435tp to unlock them individually. Everything else (gold cap, swift travel, bag 4 & 5, Riding skill at lvl 20, rented content, etc.) is just gravy.

Beyond that, I'd advise to just play F2P for now and wait for the bundles to be announced for the upcoming Helm's Deep expansion. There may be a few bundled deals that are better than what is currently available.

Zitat Zitat von HaleElven Beitrag anzeigen
    Even if you're only going to be playing only one character, I'd recommend getting at least a month of VIP.

For the Trait unlock alone, the cost of a month of VIP is cheaper than than the amount of cash it would cost to purchase the 1435tp to unlock them individually. Everything else (gold cap, swift travel, bag 4 & 5, Riding skill at lvl 20, rented content, etc.) is just gravy.

Beyond that, I'd advise to just play F2P for now and wait for the bundles to be announced for the upcoming Helm's Deep expansion. There may be a few bundled deals that are better than what is currently available.
    Thank you for the answer. I appreciate it.

Steam or Standalone?

Would you recommend going through Steam or just downloading the client from the website?

Graphics?

I am clueless about technical/graphical capabilities. I have a Dell laptop running -

i73732QM 2.20Ghz
    8GB Ram
    1GB Radeon 7600 Series

The Graphics Card has program called Catalyst with a bewildering array of terms. Anthroscopic somethings...aliasing something...

Does anyone else have a guide to optimum settings? I am a massive Tolkien fan and want to do the scenery justice. Do you think a 1GB card is enough to run the game?

Sorry for being a noob. The PS3 has ruined me.

Your laptop stats sound just fine for running the game. I downloaded it from Steam purely because I find Steam downloads much faster, but you may find different I don't know.

When you first play the game there are different settings in-game for ultra and high and medium etc, so you can try the highest settings and see how you get on with it with your laptop. I hope you get to see the game in all its glory because even though it's quite dated by today's standards, it really is still stunning!

I have dispensed with the doubts -

The (mighty) Mithril Edition has been purchased from Gamestop for the princely sum of £12.50.

I will see you all in Middle Earth.

DEFINITELY use steam for the download...
    Just the basic game is downloaded faster through Steam, than ANY other means...
    It also has no issues with disconnects, which through Pando corrupts your files.
    Just don't buy anything from Steam, just take the F2P version...
    After install try to find this file:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\l ord of the rings online\TurbineLauncher.exe"
    and make a short-cut to it, you'll never have to launch Steam to play LotRo.

After that you may want to look at:
    http://store.lotro.com/en/expansion-...adpack-bundle/
    and of course as HaleElven suggested, get 1 month of VIP.
    It will unlock the ridingskill-quest at lvl 20 (so don't go VIP at lvl 1),
    unlock the Goldcap, all your traits, Swifttravels etc.

Welcome back

Zitat Zitat von Galengrist Beitrag anzeigen
    Would you recommend going through Steam or just downloading the client from the website?
    /shrug

I downloaded it via the website, long before it came to Steam. So, flip a coin?

I am clueless about technical/graphical capabilities. I have a Dell laptop running -
    /shrug

There are several "Can I run it?" websites, you could try one of those.

As for the graphics, the top item on the Graphics tab of the Options window is [Detect Optimal Settings], so it'll adjust automatically to look the best on the computer you're using.

The (mighty) Mithril Edition has been purchased from Gamestop for the princely sum of £12.50.

Zitat Zitat von Galengrist Beitrag anzeigen

Good choice! You won't have to download the game, but once you install from the disk you'll have a lot of updates to download. Your account should be Premium right from the get-go.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>