Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14

Fishy. Very Fishy bug

I have done two iterations of this. Each time I catch 10 simple fish and 0 bad fish, it just resets the quest back to 0/10. Anybody else have this issue? If yes, I'll report as a bug.

Zitat Zitat von NewToLOTRO2011 Beitrag anzeigen
    I have done two iterations of this. Each time I catch 10 simple fish and 0 bad fish, it just resets the quest back to 0/10. Anybody else have this issue? If yes, I'll report as a bug.
    Its supposed to go on to the next tier of fish. It gets increasingly more difficult.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Thanks for the response. I'll keep trying then.

20 minutes of fishing, i get 3 tricky fish and then the bad fish. i won't be doing this quest again.

The most charitable interpretation is that you're not really expected to finish the quest, it's just an opportunity to catch the fish and barter them for tokens. Less charitable interpretations are… well, just search the forums.

Angry

Same thing happened to me. I got 10 easy fish and no bad fish, but it reset. I did not get credit for it. If there was another tier, you would have to turn in the quest to get the next quest in the tier. If there is supposed to be a deed, it didn't show up as completed.

I hate fishing anyway, so I won't be trying that one again.

Zitat Zitat von Brodrick Beitrag anzeigen
    Same thing happened to me. I got 10 easy fish and no bad fish, but it reset. I did not get credit for it. If there was another tier, you would have to turn in the quest to get the next quest in the tier. If there is supposed to be a deed, it didn't show up as completed.

I hate fishing anyway, so I won't be trying that one again.
    Its resetting to 0/10 of the next level. There is no turn-in until you have finished fishing 50 fishes in a row without catching a bad one. This quest has no tiers.

You may notice that the fish changes you have to catch, when the counter is reset.

Zitat Zitat von MandravalGalabian Beitrag anzeigen
    You may notice that the fish changes you have to catch, when the counter is reset.
    you're not actually suggesting we read the quest text? absurd. we should just be able to follow quest tracker and press fish skill 10 times and boom done. read? pfft.

(sounds of a troll chewing) get off my grog!

I thought this at first so cancelled the quest thinking it was bugged, then tried again the next day. That was when I noticed it was a different fish name. Ahhh thinks I , so thats the game. I did my 10 'easy fish' then went off and did other stuff. Next day, I did 10 'simple fish' and it reset to 'possible fish'. Progress!! Feeling lucky, I carried on and got 3 'possible fish' before that bad fishy came and interfered. Oh how I roared.

I then read the quest text.

It mentions the more you fish, the higher the chance of catching the bad fish. So I have deduced that the trick is to only do 10 at a time. Get ya 10 fish so it resets to the next level, then come back later. Thats what i'm going to start trying today anyway. Cos this quest is bugging me and I WILL beat that bad fishy. To death.
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"]Proud Officer and band member of 'Under The Sunlit Sky'

[IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/56621691lotro_lotro08.png[/IMG][/URL]

Well, if you check the tooltips for the various fishes you will see that each succeeding type becomes more difficult to catch.
    For the final stage ('Unlikely Fish' I think) it has the same rarity as the Bad Fish, so for each fish you catch at that stage there is a 50/50 chance of it being a Bad Fish.

I very much doubt there is any trick (like pausing the quest for a while and finishing it later, or changing where you stand where you fish, etc.) that will improve the odds in any way.
    It is just a matter of pure, dumb luck. (The only thing I can think of that might possibly, maybe, have any influence is the infamous horseshoe, but that is just speculation.)

Over all I would estimate that the probability of actually finishing this whole quest and getting the title is lower than the chances of winning a large sum of money on a lottery ticket.

Zitat Zitat von ertr Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, if you check the tooltips for the various fishes you will see that each succeeding type becomes more difficult to catch.
    For the final stage ('Unlikely Fish' I think) it has the same rarity as the Bad Fish, so for each fish you catch at that stage there is a 50/50 chance of it being a Bad Fish.

I very much doubt there is any trick (like pausing the quest for a while and finishing it later, or changing where you stand where you fish, etc.) that will improve the odds in any way.
    It is just a matter of pure, dumb luck. (The only thing I can think of that might possibly, maybe, have any influence is the infamous horseshoe, but that is just speculation.)

Over all I would estimate that the probability of actually finishing this whole quest and getting the title is lower than the chances of winning a large sum of money on a lottery ticket.
    If it is an equal chance, then the chance of success for the final stage alone are only 0.5^10, or 0.0009765625. In percentage terms thats about 0.098%, or just under 1 hundredth of 1%. Or less than 1 in 10 000 if you prefer. In Lottery terms I'd probably buy myself a new computer, but not quite quitting my job level.

And thats _after_ you get to the last stage, and frankly I havent got past the first 3 stages once yet.

Zitat Zitat von NewToLOTRO2011 Beitrag anzeigen
    20 minutes of fishing, i get 3 tricky fish and then the bad fish. i won't be doing this quest again.
    You have to get 50 fishes in total.

It's ok if you don't want to do it again, the title is very rare, because most people give up.

Zitat Zitat von Neumi Beitrag anzeigen
    You have to get 50 fishes in total.

It's ok if you don't want to do it again, the title is very rare, because most people give up.
    Rare? I have yet to see it. Up until this year I don't anyone got past T4. I got into T5 this year and did something like that tantrum irl.