Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11

Question about Guardian's Acorn

I just found out today that a girl can't have 2 guardian's acorns in her bag, even if they're from different guardians. I was wondering why; no rants, no Q.Q, just curious. Okay thanks.

Zitat Zitat von LCat513 Beitrag anzeigen
    I just found out today that a girl can't have 2 guardian's acorns in her bag, even if they're from different guardians. I was wondering why; no rants, no Q.Q, just curious. Okay thanks.
    Its a unique item. You can only have one of any unique items, including guardian whistles.
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

Alright, thank you for the answer.

Saying that you can't have more than one because it's unique is a bit like saying that a statement is false because it's not true. I would imagine the OP is actually wanting to know why whistles made by different Guardians are considered to be the same item.

It's a fair question, since there are other things in the game that are effectively unique, like critted crafted weapons and armour which have custom titles, but you can still have more than one of them in your bags.

Zitat Zitat von Formengil Beitrag anzeigen
    Saying that you can't have more than one because it's unique is a bit like saying that a statement is false because it's not true. I would imagine the OP is actually wanting to know why whistles made by different Guardians are considered to be the same item.
    It is another of the many "Because I said so" decisions made by the Turbine development staff.

If you pressed Turbine on the question. You would probably get some answer like "We did not want Tantalus carrying 3 acorns in her packs to some place on the landscape. She could summon all three Guardians. Even with an answer such as I described it still can be distilled down to a "Because I said so" decision because you are left with another part of questions?

1) Why is carrying 3 acorns so that you can bring 3 Guardians to the spot not wanted.

2) Did you people struggle with "How to answer this question?"? Came up with what you hoped was a justification that we would accept and walk off.

A lot of real life human decisions are "Because I said so" decisions. Usually justified because it has been done this way in the past. You keep pulling on the historical chain you get to the originator who made a command decision to set what would be done. In law the original "Because I said so" decision is called a precedent.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Zitat Zitat von Formengil Beitrag anzeigen
    I would imagine the OP is actually wanting to know why whistles made by different Guardians are considered to be the same item.
    That is exactly what I was wondering about, but I guess I can understand how the game sees the acorn itself as a unique in general as opposed to a unique based on the Guardian that created it. It just means that my RK had better have the right acorn in her bag if she needs help or else I'll be a) out of luck or b) spending tp for the 1 hour vault access so I can hot swap acorns.

You could certainly post in the Suggestions forum and suggest that the restriction be lifted.

Zitat Zitat von LCat513 Beitrag anzeigen
    That is exactly what I was wondering about, but I guess I can understand how the game sees the acorn itself as a unique in general as opposed to a unique based on the Guardian that created it. It just means that my RK had better have the right acorn in her bag if she needs help or else I'll be a) out of luck or b) spending tp for the 1 hour vault access so I can hot swap acorns.
    Easy answer: Because the game does not look at the items properties (creator). Whistle = Unique. End of story.

An alternative to the vault access is to have both whistles in the mailbox.

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.
    Back in year 1, a kin mate sold one of my Acorns on the AH for 1 gold.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Don't see why you wouldn't just 'train' or 'domino' it...

You get the first Guards acorn, he gets the second's, the second gets the third's.

You go wherever, summon g1, he summons g2, he summons g3.

Duh?

That seems like it would be annoying to the Guardians that weren't really wanted at the time.
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Loriandrel 85 Elf Hunter[/COLOR]--[/B][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Loriandra 85 Woman Champion[/COLOR][/B][B]--[/B][B][COLOR=#ffd700]Lorrawyn 68 Elf Rune-keeper[/COLOR][/B][B]--
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]Lorrell 55 Woman Warden [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Lorieth 53 Woman Lore-master[/COLOR]--[COLOR=#008000]Lorifindel 33 Elf Guardian---[/COLOR]Dwarrowdelf[/B]