Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 3 von 4 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 51 bis 75 von 98
    I think, whether you know or not, you are flagged to never receive closed beta invites though no one ever says you are flagged even if you've never been banned. Just for something that was said/done but never received a consequence for.

Zitat Zitat von Lethareth Beitrag anzeigen
    Just my opinion, and I could be completely wrong, but I think maybe filing bugs on live might help your chances. It's what I figured when I got an invite to RoR beta. If I come across any bugs on live, I make sure to /bug them. Hoping to get my Helm's Deep beta invite soon. Maybe it got lost in the mail?
    I sacrifice 4 young, virgin goats every day for a week to get a BETA invite for RoR before. I bet they want zebras this time.

I love beta

If you need an excellent beta tester put me on the waiting list

This is the game that just keeps on giving.

Sometimes beta invites go astray. There were cases in the past where various ISPs were treating them as spam and players never saw them unless they checked their spam folder at their ISP. Happened to me a couple times.

The first time, I was looking at the main forum page and saw a beta section. I wondered why I could see the beta forums? D'oh! I got invited and never got the email. Updated the Bullroarer client and was able to log right in.

After that I was careful to check my ISP spam folder and the forums after each new closed beta announcement just to be sure I had not missed an invite. Happened one more time, but after that I started getting the invite emails without a problem.

WARNING! If you do the above and discover that you did indeed get an invite, don't post about it in the main forums. That would break the NDA and get you kicked right back out of the beta, causing weeks of sad panda.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

Question

is thare any GM online that i can mail i have a realy problem whit my account

Zitat Zitat von Widoch Beitrag anzeigen
    I sacrifice 4 young, virgin goats every day for a week to get a BETA invite for RoR before. I bet they want zebras this time.
    You use zebras? I have been sacrificing cute kittens before my tabletop RPG sessions and they have been helping my rolls more that sacrificing goats. Perhaps they help with getting invite to HD beta...

Sapience ist offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    In the event you don't happen to follow me on twitter, or you haven't heard about Extra-life. I just added some beta keys to the rewards for hitting goals..

Do good. Maybe get into beta. Win-win.

Hehe I think I been invited to every single beta, guess been lucky. Then again I been playing since pre-beta but not sure if that why I keep getting invites. I have not got an invite to Helm's Deep beta yet, still being hopeful.

I have never actually received my invites via e-mail, but have had the beta forums both times I pre-ordered. This happened for both ROI and ROR. In fact ROR beta forums opened the day I activated my pre-order. One thing to remember doing the beta be careful especially if you have multiple capped players. I nearly burned out doing rohan twice during beta and then twice after launch, and you lose that oohhh this is so cool feel during launch, but you do know the fastest way through the content on the other hand.

Zitat Zitat von gelleg Beitrag anzeigen
    I have never actually received my invites via e-mail, but have had the beta forums both times I pre-ordered. This happened for both ROI and ROR. In fact ROR beta forums opened the day I activated my pre-order. One thing to remember doing the beta be careful especially if you have multiple capped players. I nearly burned out doing rohan twice during beta and then twice after launch, and you lose that oohhh this is so cool feel during launch, but you do know the fastest way through the content on the other hand.
    I would agree with this too. During the RoR Beta I used my Captain for almost all of it. By the time Live came around I just didn't have the will to level him up in the same place again. He's still at 75, and will likely remain there until Helm's Deep.

My advice, if you're going to participate in the Beta, use a character or class you are less fond of.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I remember how broken the MC intro sequence was during the first few rounds of the beta last year. I did it multiple times on multiple characters, and I was so burned out that I haven't even leveled past 75 as I don't want to do it again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001e8838/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I want one(a beta invite)

Please be sure to take the time to fill out bug reports. Yes it's fun to see new content but the overall reason for beta is to test things out. Bug reports improve the game for everyone, do the right thing.

I hope you all enjoy the beta and do a great job working with the devs.

Please do your best to identify exploits so that we don't have a re-run of Rohan launch. ty.

keep up the good work.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

I pre-ordered RoR, didn't even realize I'd been invited to Beta until about two weeks into it when I came on the forums and realized I could see the beta forums. :P First Beta I've ever done on any game, completely clueless, but I had a blast and made sure to put my feedback and bug reports in. Then when RoR went live, I went through the same areas with kinmates and had even more fun. But as someone else said, I'm one of those people who'll re-read the same book repeatedly because it's a favorite.
    Dwarrowdelf - Eadalyn: Hunter-95; Lerendis: RK-77; Morvaer: LM-73
    Kinship: Protectors of Middle Earth

Zitat Zitat von whheydt Beitrag anzeigen
    Not really. In the past, they have tried to get people in with a wide variety of experience into the beta. There are usually several "waves" of beta invites, so if you miss the early ones, you still have a shot later. They have also done things like state that pre-purchasing an expansion will help your chances to get a beta invite (obviously doesn't apply to HD...at least not yet).

On the other hand, there are a whole bunch of ways to NOT get invited.
    SO far every time I have pre-ordered the next expansion I have been given access to the Beta, which usually winds up being no more than a week or two of access before launch. Not really enough time to do more than look around and see a few new things. Don't know if it will be the same this time but I hope so.

I got into the last one through a trivia Twitter contest, but I was like level 40 or so and still working out how to play my class. The amount of time I was able to spend in beta was barely enough to get through the arduous process of leveling up a new character, getting epic quest credit, figuring out legendary items and all my new skills, then getting through Langhold and getting a war-steed. I did only a fraction of the Harwick content and a few MC volleys, and submitted a handful of tickets and comments, but I probably made little to no impression. I think I could contribute much more useful this time, now that I've got two characters at level cap and a better idea how most things (other than group tactics) work, but I wish I'd been able to make enough of an impression last time to get an invite this time!

Sapience - thankyou for taking the time to answer an interesting question.

--

Everyone else - I'm rather surprised that there is such eagerness to be beta testers... as Sapience indicated, in such tests, it isn't about what you want to see/do/look at first, it is about what Turbine's developers need to be tested.

Eg: Run over this bit of landscape 100 times from slightly different directions, to see if you fall through the landscape. Now do it again on a 62% horse. Now on a 68% horse. Again on a warsteed at each speed level.

Now do all that as a group with 2 others, as a fellowship. Again as a party of 6... yada yada.

Or, run this instance 200 times, but be sure to use #mechanic1 25 times, followed by #mechanic2 25 times, etc. Now do it with a party that has LM pets and Captain Heralds.

Whilst yes, you do get first look at the new content.... chances are that there are bugs on bugs, especially as Turbine have drastically re-done classes in addition to all the new content. It could also be incredibly frustrating to have to deal with all that.

It's definitely work. It's just work that I think I could do well enough to contribute something to the effort, due to my RL experience both as a developer and a game designer and player, that's all. And I think I'll have time this time around. Ah well.

Zitat Zitat von Scruffynerf Beitrag anzeigen

--

Everyone else - I'm rather surprised that there is such eagerness to be beta testers... as Sapience indicated, in such tests, it isn't about what you want to see/do/look at first, it is about what Turbine's developers need to be tested.

Eg: Run over this bit of landscape 100 times from slightly different directions, to see if you fall through the landscape. Now do it again on a 62% horse. Now on a 68% horse. Again on a warsteed at each speed level.

Now do all that as a group with 2 others, as a fellowship. Again as a party of 6... yada yada.

Or, run this instance 200 times, but be sure to use #mechanic1 25 times, followed by #mechanic2 25 times, etc. Now do it with a party that has LM pets and Captain Heralds.

Whilst yes, you do get first look at the new content.... chances are that there are bugs on bugs, especially as Turbine have drastically re-done classes in addition to all the new content. It could also be incredibly frustrating to have to deal with all that.
    This exactly why i don't want to get into betas, not to mention i would spoil myself for the real game.
    It'd be interesting to see how the percentage of people actually beta testing is and how many just use the beta to get an early look at the new stuff.
    Nothing here matters.

I've been in every beta except for the very first one. A great mix of fun and work, and the pleasure of knowing that you've had a chance to impact the game and make it better is well worth it. There are a couple of things that I can see in game and think, "that's there because of me" or "I had a role in making that the way it is." Very satisfying to know you are a part of making things work right and improving them.

Course there's always those that think it's just so they can get a preview, or get upset when they can't take their stuff and characters from beta into live, but you have to have someone be the butt of your jokes. :P

Haven't gotten an invite yet, but hoping to get one. I always look forward to the betas.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Zitat Zitat von Scruffynerf Beitrag anzeigen

--

This isn't much different than running Sambrog 12 times a night. At least it's something new, right?

I've never been in a BETA that worked that way though. 80% of the time in previous BETAs players are asked to explore and level as normal and just report anything they happen to break. 20% of the time is actual specific requests. I've never done a LOTRO BETA so it could be different, I suppose and I couldn't say for sure.

I participated in the Pre-release beta back in 2007 , when LOTRO was ready to release to the public. I have been fortunate to have plenty of enjoyment of the game since. I would love to participate in this series of tests, but I realize that a beg for beta access probably equals "uh, no"... I have not been invited to any pre-release expansion betas since then , but I remember the old days .... MY only regret was the fact i did not have 199.00 at the time for lifetime VIP.

Continue to rock, guys....

Zitat Zitat von AlDolas Beitrag anzeigen
    What criteria is used to decide who goes into Beta? I would love to have the chance to try Beta again.
    Well, first there's the 'Naughty or Nice? List'. Second, there's the matter of the requisite bribe paying. You can't play if you don't fork over the pie. Oh, and the stuff Sapience wrote.

i would love to be invited to Beta sometime, (don't get me wrong, i'm not asking for an invite) but just a question quick, do you have to be VIP to be invited to Beta testing?

just curious.

Seite 3 von 4 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 LetzteLetzte