Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13

Farming while doing farming?

New player here. So tonight I spent 3 hours working on my farming in Hobbiton. My eyes are quite bleary and I am ready for bed. All this time, I see one particular toon standing next to Olo Proudfoot NEVER moving. Never going to the work bench, never turning around. The npc Olo, is nice and close to the farmland as is this toon. The toon always plants once and then harvests. I watched the toon and he never hiccups or pauses in his routine.

This seems suspicious to me.

That is a bit odd, but not definitely cheating. However, most folks I know of that level via AFK farming don't bother to harvest. (You know, because they're AFK.) I'd report the character and let the mods sort it out.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

You can report them for using 3'rd party tool. GM might send them a tell to check if they're in front of the keyboard. If they arent there, they'll be banned.
    Geändert von Hiritier (03.09.2013 um 06:40 Uhr)

If I saw someone like that, I'd file a report for botting. If it's actually a person there, they'll answer when a GM sends a tell to them. Most likely it's a bot.

Zitat Zitat von Cadd_EU Beitrag anzeigen
    If I saw someone like that, I'd file a report for botting. If it's actually a person there, they'll answer when a GM sends a tell to them. Most likely it's a bot.
    I did the google/bing search, looked at FAQ on the lotro site and can't find the procedure for reporting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Zitat Zitat von adisplayname Beitrag anzeigen
    I did the google/bing search, looked at FAQ on the lotro site and can't find the procedure for reporting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    http://www.turbine.com/en/content/lo...ence-agreement

You may not develop, distribute or use any third party program designed to impact the Game experience, including without limitation software bots, cheats, hacks or any other software designed to provide a player with an advantage;
    As I said, you can report them for using 3'rd party tool. That's why GM will send that person a tell. If the player answer, then there is no evidence to ban him/her (even if he/she really use the bots). But if he/she doesnt, then he/she must be afk and using a software to control the character.

Yep, found that. Got that. It is the "how" on the reporting I am unclear on. I am completely new to the game.

In EQ it was a /report command and then submit a ticket with all the details.

Not responding to a tell is not always the best way to determine if someone is behind the keyboard. I tend to play movies on a second screen while crafting and often don't hear the tell ding. If I'm not watching chat, it can be quite a while before I notice the asterisk on my chat tab.

Zitat Zitat von adisplayname Beitrag anzeigen
    Yep, found that. Got that. It is the "how" on the reporting I am unclear on. I am completely new to the game.

In EQ it was a /report command and then submit a ticket with all the details.
    Click the question mark on your bar or hit Escape and then select New Ticket.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Zitat Zitat von Redstar Beitrag anzeigen
    Not responding to a tell is not always the best way to determine if someone is behind the keyboard. I tend to play movies on a second screen while crafting and often don't hear the tell ding. If I'm not watching chat, it can be quite a while before I notice the asterisk on my chat tab.
    Well, people usually only report when they see a bot farming in 1 place for hours, even days. So if you dont use bot, and just watching a movie while waiting your character finish forging 500 ores or cook 1000 bacons then nothing to worry about.

Zitat Zitat von WBS Beitrag anzeigen
    Click the question mark on your bar or hit Escape and then select New Ticket.
    Thanks. It is times like these that remind me to be patient with those who use the software I write at work.

Hi, what server was this?

Zitat Zitat von Redstar Beitrag anzeigen
    I will do chores when I process stacks of stuff. I don't hear the ding either when I'm vacuumcleaning. I agree with you. I'll check back every few mins to see if my tools haven't broken etc, or just to chat with kinnies. But basically I'm doing semi-unattended gameplay, keeping only a half eye on my screen.

But if I see a toon doing things that I just know can absolutely not be done while being afk, an unanswered tell would be good enough for me to report and let the GM check if my hunch is right or not and what to do.