Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11

Lottery notifier app

Here's an idea I just had, sadly I lack the skills and the time to do it myself. But maybe there's some hobby programmer out there who would like to pick this up.

Basically just a background service app, that parses the lottery landing page https://www.lotro.com/en/lotteries every x hours, and gives a notification when the string "no active lotteries" is NOT present. Ideally, it would display the lottery info from the page if there is at least one.

Anyone who wants to give this a try?
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

Smile nice idea

hmm nice idea.. i think i might give it a try..
    the page parsing isnt that difficult to do and the app/service can easily notify of any ongoing lottery..,

however the primary issue i'm seeing is getting past the logging mechanism of the Lotro website..
    Is there a webservice provided by turbine which allows login from 3rd party apps? if not then the created service would always be redirected to the login screen when going for the lottery screen

Lottery Notifcation

Its not redirecting anymore. The page can be searched for the string "No lotteries are currently active." after parsing and without logging in.

Alternatively you can also follow their twitter page and enable mobile notification or even the SMS notification

hmm you are right i didn't see that before.
    "No lotteries are currently active" is what the app will need to look for.

Pretty simple to do

Thumbs up

Hey guys! If you own an Android phone, you could check out my new app: LOTRO Info
    After I read your request for a notifier app, I quickly build that one and will extend it by many more features in the future. Please have a look at it and provide feedback, so I can improve the service!

I made a small application for Windows (win32) : LOTRO Lotteries Scanner Edit LLS 1.1.0.0
    It is a first version which has only been tested by some friends, so there are maybe still some bugs...
    Geändert von Castorix (24.11.2013 um 03:04 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Castorix Beitrag anzeigen
    I made a small application for Windows (win32) : LOTRO Lotteries Scanner
    It is a first version which has only been tested by some friends, so there are maybe still some bugs...
    It has detected the lotteries of this evening, at least on my configuration (XP 32-bits SP3)...
    Geändert von Castorix (16.11.2013 um 12:28 Uhr)

I added option for 1 mail only if several lotteries appear at same time as some people asked me (and default frequency of scanning (30 secs) updatable, but even 30 secs doesn't take any resource (I use a worker thread which sleeps all the time...))

=> LLS 1.1.0.0

But not tested in real because there is no lottery actually...

Edit : one person told me that the context menu doesn't work on the right click on tray icon on Windows 8.1...
    Edit : fxed a line of code for this problem and this person told me it was Ok
    Geändert von Castorix (18.11.2013 um 15:03 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von wurfkeks Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey guys! If you own an Android phone, you could check out my new app: LOTRO Info
    After I read your request for a notifier app, I quickly build that one and will extend it by many more features in the future. Please have a look at it and provide feedback, so I can improve the service!
    Thank you for the app! I downloaded it

Talking

Zitat Zitat von wurfkeks Beitrag anzeigen
    Downloaded and rated! THANK YOU!! =D
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2pqvwxw.jpg[/IMG]

You can't open up the book of my life and jump in the middle

Zitat Zitat von Castorix Beitrag anzeigen
    I made a small application for Windows (win32) : LOTRO Lotteries Scanner
    Late to the party, but just fired this up waiting for some lottery some day.

Now if only it could send a text to my non-smart phone...

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.