Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12

Which class for a hobbit?

I have a hobbit level 32. The Class is a cliche burglar. I was thinking that I wanted to delete it and make a new one, but I don't know which class to do. Guardian sounded cool, but I already have a champion and warden and another tank might be kinda boring. Then I thoughout about a Ministeral, but wasn't really sure about that. Then Hunter, but the only thing I would use it for is ports, and all it does it damage, and such. Could somebody please help me which class or give me some tips on the burglar, if it gets better at high levels and such?
    Server Nimrodel, Main: GageWDeVries, Dwarf Champion, 79
    Galair, Elf Warden, 44
    Grage, Man Lore-master, 45
    Grodo, Hobbit Burglar, 32, Kinship, Company of Gage(Leader)

Burglar does indeed get better.. but yes, the earlier levels can be a bit of a slog.
    I'd say after level 50 the Burglar really starts to shine.

Some great tips can be found in the Burglar Forum..

But, here are some (not saying these are great tips, but they're tips):
    -Always, always, always have Reveal Weakness on the mob you're attacking.

-For quick killing stay in Quiet Knife and always open your attack from stealth (Gambler won't really be useful until you get the Capstone skill.. but I love it for survival).

-Get behind the mob.

-For multiple mobs (2), you might want to switch into Mischief stance, and keep one mob Riddled until you've taken care of the other.

-Get behind them.

-Always have a trick on the mob you're attacking. Disable to reduce incoming damage, Dust in the Eyes for the slow and Miss chance.
    Counter Defence to up YOUR Damage.

-Spam Mischievous Glee, don't wait until you're low on Morale.

-Attack from behind.

-Stun, stun, and stun again.. Don't save exploit opening for CJ's, solo, use it as a stun to get behind the mob when Startling Twist is on cooldown.
    Heck, you can even Riddle to give yourself a breather if you see fit (very handy vs Elites).. then get behind the mob and resume killing.

-Don't save Touch and Go.. but don't waste it (Use it when being attacked by multiples, or heavy hitters).

-Same goes for Find Footing. If you're over 3/4 morale.. save it.. if you're not.. might as well use it when it becomes available.

-When in doubt, Hide in Plain Sight.

-And did I mention attack from behind? You're not a toe to toe class.. unless you build yourself that way.. or you're feeling lazy.

Good luck, and have fun

Thank you for your answer. I think I'll stay a burglar, but I was wondering if it is just a squishy class that dies all the time, and is only good in groups because of debuffing and stuff. Again thanks for your anwer.
    Galair, Elf Warden, 44

Zitat Zitat von GDeVries Beitrag anzeigen
    Thank you for your answer. I think I'll stay a burglar, but I was wondering if it is just a squishy class that dies all the time, and is only good in groups because of debuffing and stuff. Again thanks for your anwer.
    Burglars can solo well, they just seem to be slower than other classes. They do great single target DPS (from behind ). There's a good percentage of "fetch the widget" quests that a burg can complete without a fight by sneaking past the guards, taking the widget, then sneaking back out. Then there's "kill the big Kahuna" quests which are similar, but you have to kill a boss (from behind ) and then sneak back out. Sometimes you have to kill a dozen or so little Kahunas for a second quest in the same area, so pick solo targets and take them down on the way in and out. Everyone else has to kill their way in and back out again. That can take just as long as sneaking overall, but it seems faster because they're constantly in action.

Burglars can be squishy face-to-face if they get caught with their pants down (skills on cooldown). Take your time. Stealth + debuffs that don't break stealth + attacking from behind + any other advantage/skill before using an attack can mean that first attack wipes out a lot of the target's health bar. Then it turns around and attacks you once. Then it dies. (Or it starts a long induction attack and you kill it before it can complete.) Don't fight toe-to-toe. Fight where you can kick their butt.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Zitat Zitat von GDeVries Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a hobbit level 32. The Class is a cliche burglar. I was thinking that I wanted to delete it and make a new one, but I don't know which class to do. Guardian sounded cool, but I already have a champion and warden and another tank might be kinda boring. Then I thoughout about a Ministeral, but wasn't really sure about that. Then Hunter, but the only thing I would use it for is ports, and all it does it damage, and such. Could somebody please help me which class or give me some tips on the burglar, if it gets better at high levels and such?
    The best class for a Hobbit is actually Hobbit.

Ways to play a Hobbit:

1. Incessantly ask to stop during instances/raids for a food break.

2. Accidentally pull mobs now and then and run behind other players, especially Minstrels, when this happens.

3. Make munching noises using cheap food between each pull. Become annoyed when combat interrupts eating.

4. Say things like "tum-te-tum-tum" in voice chat repeatedly, especially when the leader is trying to give instructions for a fight.

5. Ignore said instructions and do what you want during the fight.

6. During loot rolls periodically ask if something being rolled on is good to eat.

7. Scream in voice chat now and then when you pull aggro and something is beating on you.

8. Pull out your chip of petrified goat dung and ask people if they want a cookie.

9. During raids try to organize the other hobbits in the raid to cook stuff every time the raid passes a fire. Bug hunters to make fires when no fixed fires present themselves.

10. When confronted by raid leaders or peers on any of the points above make comments about size-ism and little guys never catching a break.

And of course, duck.

I have a kinnie who plays a hobbit and RPs him as a cook... when the group has just battled through a boss he asks vaguely "oh maybe I should have unequipped my frying pan and equipped my sword?" Some people are really just hobbits at heart!

That said, hobbit burglars are super fun once you level them a bit.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/8/8/5/4/108854cdeSe.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://matm.freeforums.org/]More Awesome Than Mordor[/url]

Lightbulb

"The hobbits were once known as great archers but now are more known for their farmer skills." That calls a woodsman hobbit hunter!
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Well thanks this is helping me even more to stay a burglar. Thank you all for your posts. I am very glad it is able to solo very well.
    Galair, Elf Warden, 44

So far what I'm learning about burglars is that they are NOT a button-mashing class. Guardians are the other class well-suited to hobbits and you can get by just spamming your skills. Burglars need more strategy and forethought to get things done. A high-level burglar in my kin says a good strategy is to use your tricks to stun, confuse, and disorient your foe, and kill it fast. I'm finding that starting attacks from stealth really does help too, because of certain attacks that do way more damage that way.
    Landroval: Ardgytha/Cap - Burnet/Guard - Fernwithy/Burg - Maethanir/Hunt
    Elendilmir: Mithildir/Guard - Finnur/Champ - Sweetbriar/Hunt

Zitat Zitat von Bootstwaddle Beitrag anzeigen
    Burglar does indeed get better.. but yes, the earlier levels can be a bit of a slog.
    I'd say after level 50 the Burglar really starts to shine.

Some great tips can be found in the Burglar Forum..

But, here are some (not saying these are great tips, but they're tips):
    -Always, always, always have Reveal Weakness on the mob you're attacking.

-For quick killing stay in Quiet Knife and always open your attack from stealth (Gambler won't really be useful until you get the Capstone skill.. but I love it for survival).

-Get behind the mob.

-For multiple mobs (2), you might want to switch into Mischief stance, and keep one mob Riddled until you've taken care of the other.

-Get behind them.

-Always have a trick on the mob you're attacking. Disable to reduce incoming damage, Dust in the Eyes for the slow and Miss chance.
    Counter Defence to up YOUR Damage.

-Spam Mischievous Glee, don't wait until you're low on Morale.

-Attack from behind.

-Stun, stun, and stun again.. Don't save exploit opening for CJ's, solo, use it as a stun to get behind the mob when Startling Twist is on cooldown.
    Heck, you can even Riddle to give yourself a breather if you see fit (very handy vs Elites).. then get behind the mob and resume killing.

-Don't save Touch and Go.. but don't waste it (Use it when being attacked by multiples, or heavy hitters).

-Same goes for Find Footing. If you're over 3/4 morale.. save it.. if you're not.. might as well use it when it becomes available.

-When in doubt, Hide in Plain Sight.

-And did I mention attack from behind? You're not a toe to toe class.. unless you build yourself that way.. or you're feeling lazy.

Good luck, and have fun
    Great advice. Also if you find at low levels survability is an issue use regen food liberally. I dont need it at higher levels but at lower levels it was helpful. Also use your ability to use ranged knives to pull when you can't stealth. Stun dust, repeated stuns and slows is the key to burgs especially at low levels.

Zitat Zitat von Ardgytha Beitrag anzeigen
    So far what I'm learning about burglars is that they are NOT a button-mashing class.
    Most definitely and if you do just smash buttons you won't last long! I have a lvl 85 Champ and he can get away with it, but the Burg is a different animal. My burg (lvl 78) requires more forethought and rotations are a bit more complex. But as others have said, once you get into and really past Moria the Burglar shines brighter every level. My burg is a Tinkerer, it just seems natural to have a burg cut gems and cook! The one word that describes a burglar: FUN!
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

Great advice thanks!
    Galair, Elf Warden, 44