Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 16 von 17 ErsteErste ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 376 bis 400 von 422

Use caution with caution.

Posting again to say props for taking a deeper look at PVP, and trying to make it better. But, I think it is important to note that not all of us "high" ranks are farmers, so when you are out there, try not to autoaccuse someone in your mind, of being a farmer. I am from Riddermark, rank 11, it has taken me almost 3 years to get there. I personally know 7 r11 and aboves, and have been there every step of the way with them. Until recently, none of us even had creeps. We have had a lot of transfers of high ranks coming in, but, that is because along side the 7 Commanders are the 7 or so high rank creeps that we have been having a blast duking it out with over the years. I guess they got famous, and ppl came to "take them down". Well, sadly, a lot of our high rank creeps transferred out. Now we are dealing with a multiclient/multibox 10+ spiders and pets "thing". It used to be a giant ball of 17 reavers, but I am a warden, so you can guess how that turned out for them, lol. Since multiboxing is not against the rules for some stupid reason, we all get oneshotted repeatedly. But, we will find a way to adapt. We always do.
    Long story short, farmers know they are farmers, and I hope this puts the fear of their mistakes into perspective. They aren't fooling anybody. When you have ppl out there 6-10 hours a day scratching away at that yellow bar that never seems to move, and someone comes along and passes you up... yeah, we believe you. But we like to keep it clean and have fun. I hope we can all get back to old school scrapping it out and chasing red dots until your eyes dry up and you run out of soda. But for now, we deal with the fakers, and the cheaters. Rock on! I hope things get better on the other servers, too. I actually thought about transferring, but Riddermark is what we made it, and "ain't no fools gonna mess it up, yo." - Frae.
    Was Frae on Riddermark, now Fraed R-13 Warden on Landroval. I wished for this lifetime to last for a lifetime.

Multiboxing should be the next thing they make against the ToS.
    Freeps: Venusia (Guardian), Silya (RK), Dwayr (Champion), Nissys (Captain), Filodon (Burgler), Tyveil (Lore-master)
    Creeps: Venusiel (R7 Weaver), Tyveilakh (R5 Warleader)
    [url="http://kingsbeyondthewall.com/"]Kings Beyond the Wall[/url]

Zitat Zitat von Tyveil Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't multibox and am not a big fan of it. But that ToS change likely won't happen. Any freep multiboxing has multiple VIP accounts. Unless they have lifetime accounts, banning multiboxing would probably stop them paying all or all but 1 of their subs. Doesn't seem in Turbine's interest.

Being a Multiboxer glad lotro/turbin dont feel the same way.

Ya YA I hear it all the time you cant play 1 toon is why u box, FYI Boxing take more skill than running 1 alt.

Let me tell you I played every class to 75 full traited with all end game raid gear before ROR come out and before I ever boxed
    To be honest it is more of a challenge to box 6 - 12 accounts than it is to run 1 alt. I dont pvp so I dont care about the moors
    I dont farm items when boxing, most of the time I let all the loot rot, it takes to much time to process the loot. I dont sell items on ah.
    What I do is I play lotro, I do quests. That being said if lotro would ever ban boxing I would close all 13 of my VIP accounts and goto another MMO.
    95% of boxers will go out of there way to help otheres that are doing quests or deeds. If I am in an area and someone comes I make it a point to say hi
    would you like to join me, some do some dont, but they cant say I never offered.

Zitat Zitat von Erus2 Beitrag anzeigen
    Being a Multiboxer glad lotro/turbin dont feel the same way.

Ya YA I hear it all the time you cant play 1 toon is why u box, FYI Boxing take more skill than running 1 alt.

Let me tell you I played every class to 75 full traited with all end game raid gear before ROR come out and before I ever boxed
    To be honest it is more of a challenge to box 6 - 12 accounts than it is to run 1 alt. I dont pvp so I dont care about the moors
    I dont farm items when boxing, most of the time I let all the loot rot, it takes to much time to process the loot. I dont sell items on ah.
    What I do is I play lotro, I do quests. That being said if lotro would ever ban boxing I would close all 13 of my VIP accounts and goto another MMO.
    95% of boxers will go out of there way to help otheres that are doing quests or deeds. If I am in an area and someone comes I make it a point to say hi
    would you like to join me, some do some dont, but they cant say I never offered.
    Yes, you may pay more to Turbine monthly than most of us, multiboxers still make up a very small % of their total income, I'd guess less than 1%. For the health of the game, similar to pvmp farming, multiboxing should be banned. I know it won't happen, but seeing as how Turbine finally gained some sense about pvmp farming, I can only hope.
    Freeps: Venusia (Guardian), Silya (RK), Dwayr (Champion), Nissys (Captain), Filodon (Burgler), Tyveil (Lore-master)

Yes, you may pay more to Turbine monthly than most of us, multiboxers still make up a very small % of their total income, I'd guess less than 1%. For the health of the game, similar to pvmp farming, multiboxing should be banned. I know it won't happen, but seeing as how Turbine finally gained some sense about pvmp farming, I can only hope.
    why is that you think multiboxing should be banned? Are you jealous that someone else can do it all on there own? Dont have to wait for team? Dont have to site around waiting for help? Dont have to
    have someone else craft there alts weapons or gear? I play on brandy I have waited days on doing a quest I needed help with and weeks of begging to have someone craft a weapon or price of armor, I dont have to wait on anyone anymore. You sit there and say we should ban something but dont give any reason why?

Certainly depends what you are doing and how many other toons you are boxing, and of which classes. It most definitely doesn't require any extra 'skill' to download a program (which is against some rule that Turbine doesn't apparently care about in this case) which allows you to press 1 button in order to activate a skill on each or several toons.
    By either using money or multiple free accounts, and some (naughty naughty) software, you effectively multiply your 'skill' by the number(/classes) of extra toons.

To be honest it is more of a challenge to box 6 - 12 accounts than it is to run 1 alt.

Please, do explain the challenge of playing exactly as you would on 1 character, and benefiting (through outside software) from one or more additional characters who do not require any maintenance 95% of the time.

...Sorting through all of the loot? Where does the challenge lie?

I dont pvp so I dont care about the moors
    What 'quests' are you doing?

Are you levelling these toons, what level are they? Capped?

How many of these toons ACTUALLY are VIP/have the 'quests you're doing', and how many are F2P (surely Anonymous) loot/economy/game performance + mob population affecting toons that are only used for boxing?

If your intention is to do more than what 1 character is able to do at any given time given any one command by a click or press of a button, then I believe what you are doing is wrong.

If you are alt-tabbing over or multi-screening to give commands to other toons, thats different. You are only ever effectively playing one character, others being on follow until you want/need to control them is fine.

But when you take it to a point where you have the power of 2 to 12 characters wrapped up into one person playing the game, it is clearly broken. You can clear the lanscape too fast, you can get too much loot too fast, you can get a very rare item drop that perhaps won't drop for anybody else for another 2 months, and 'let it rot', you can complete quests and deeds faster than anybody who isn't 12-boxing like you - and 11 of your toons can be F2P!

Boxers sometimes make the argument 'Its the same as having 2 (or whatever) other people there playing with you', but its not at all like that.

If you are using outside software (which surely you are if you cannot be bothered to sort through loot, which will wait an hour for you to glance at and click if it is worthwhile) then your skill-targetting and skill activation timing could never be replicated by a group of individuals using their own individual fingers and brains to target/fire on each toon.

It isn't 'cheating' according to Turbine because there is no rule against it (or enforcement of the rule not to use 3rd party programs).
    Remember that Turbine also didn't say that Rank Farming was cheating, for a very long time. There was no rule against it, true - but it was cheating.

why is that you think multiboxing should be banned? Are you jealous that someone else can do it all on there own? Dont have to wait for team? Dont have to site around waiting for help? Dont have to
    have someone else craft there alts weapons or gear? I play on brandy I have waited days on doing a quest I needed help with and weeks of begging to have someone craft a weapon or price of armor, I dont have to wait on anyone anymore. You sit there and say we should ban something but dont give any reason why?
    Because it gives one player the power of multiple players - all focused at once by use of 3rd party software - effectively making one supertoon who can spam 3 DPS toon's AOE skills onto a single mob, AOE force taunt that same mob on a tank toon, and spam single target heals to the tank toon and AOE heals to the entire 'party' with a single press of a button.

Nobody should need to be jealous, because everybody has the ability to multibox. They may or may not have the means (equipment/funds) or desire to do it, but anybody can do it.

Anybody can already craft anything they want, because you can make multiple toons (or a friend or two). This does not require you to play multiple toons at once.

Brandywine is a very populated server, I can't imagine why nobody would help you out, sorry about that. Must be that the particular quest you were looking for is an unpopular one. FWIW, you can use 'Who' to find players near your level to run what you want. Not everybody watches GLFF or even uses it at all.

Generally, crafted items aren't worth crafting unless you play very infrequently and/or very slowly when online.

Anything you craft that is below level cap will be outdated and replaced within 2 days at best if you can bother to do 5 quests a day, thats roughly an hour if you're not moving very quickly.

Zitat Zitat von addict82 Beitrag anzeigen
    Certainly depends what you are doing and how many other toons you are boxing, and of which classes. It most definitely doesn't require any extra 'skill' to download a program (which is against some rule that Turbine doesn't apparently care about in this case) which allows you to press 1 button in order to activate a skill on each or several toons.
    By either using money or multiple free accounts, and some (naughty naughty) software, you effectively multiply your 'skill' by the number(/classes) of extra toons.

Please, do explain the challenge of playing exactly as you would on 1 character, and benefiting (through outside software) from one or more additional characters who do not require any maintenance 95% of the time.

...Sorting through all of the loot? Where does the challenge lie?

What 'quests' are you doing?

Are you levelling these toons, what level are they? Capped?

How many of these toons ACTUALLY are VIP/have the 'quests you're doing', and how many are F2P (surely Anonymous) loot/economy/game performance + mob population affecting toons that are only used for boxing?

If your intention is to do more than what 1 character is able to do at any given time given any one command by a click or press of a button, then I believe what you are doing is wrong.

If you are alt-tabbing over or multi-screening to give commands to other toons, thats different. You are only ever effectively playing one character, others being on follow until you want/need to control them is fine.

But when you take it to a point where you have the power of 2 to 12 characters wrapped up into one person playing the game, it is clearly broken. You can clear the lanscape too fast, you can get too much loot too fast, you can get a very rare item drop that perhaps won't drop for anybody else for another 2 months, and 'let it rot', you can complete quests and deeds faster than anybody who isn't 12-boxing like you - and 11 of your toons can be F2P!

Boxers sometimes make the argument 'Its the same as having 2 (or whatever) other people there playing with you', but its not at all like that.

If you are using outside software (which surely you are if you cannot be bothered to sort through loot, which will wait an hour for you to glance at and click if it is worthwhile) then your skill-targetting and skill activation timing could never be replicated by a group of individuals using their own individual fingers and brains to target/fire on each toon.

It isn't 'cheating' according to Turbine because there is no rule against it (or enforcement of the rule not to use 3rd party programs).
    Remember that Turbine also didn't say that Rank Farming was cheating, for a very long time. There was no rule against it, true - but it was cheating.

Ok first of all, Us of a program like ISBOXER is not against TOS, You want to talk about 3rd party sofware? It is up to turbin/lotro to define 3rd part software. If you want to play the 3rd party software rule, everyone that plays lotro would be breaking that rule. You use windows or so some kind of os to run lotro, matter of fact it take about 3-5 3rd party software to run turbine in some shape form or another.
    That being said I use ISBOXER it does not allow and animation with out pressing the key manually and before I started boxing I did a support ticket and got a e-mail verification from a GM saying as long as ISBOXER was not animated and I had to manually hit every keystroke it was ok to use.

Second..

I have 13 VIP accounts 5 are lifetime and 8 are VIP, I have every class at 85, and every tradeskill at eastement and gm of guild. My alts that are 85 have done every quest 95% of them. They all have done hybold and unlocked it all. When I play I play with all different classes.

Third

I have never played in moors and never will as for you saying rank farming was cheating if it had been turbin/lotro would have went back and banned, but since there was no clear rule against it they did not
    ban people going back. To be honest it is not reveant to me.

Forth

What you do might not be challenging to me, I am here to play a game. You should be as well. What I do has no effect on you or anyone else. I find it very challenging
    to multibox, yes it is easy to kill mobs but that is only one aspect of the whole game, making gear, gearing our 12-13 alts at the same time without missing 1 part is a challenge in itself.
    keeping track of 12- 13 quests and class traits, traits. Doing raids where you dont have to wait hours on end for that one person to show up then just do 1 raid then wait a few more hours for
    that one guy to finish his current raid, or getting half way thru a raid and that one other guy has to go because his wife is on his butt.

Fifth

Is hear this all the time " what your doing is cheating"

You know what, to be honest at this point of time IDC what you think, if turbin/lotro ever changes its view on multiboxing I will be more than happy to spend my hard earned Navy retirement on
    another MMO.

Sixth

The loot?

Like I said, If I was to sort thru all the loot that drops I would never get any quests or leveling done, heck when I run 1 toon, I let it rot,
    every person here is guilty of letting something rot, since the new auto loot. It take allot of time to deal with it wish they had a destroy all button.
    You did not say it but many do, you farm items, everyone I know says farming, they say hey dude lets go farm some xp, this item or that Item.

Last but not least.

you can say all you want or till your blue in the face but boxing is not going anywhere anytime soon, Most boxers will go out of there way to avoid harming
    other peoples game play, there is that 1% that will not, but for the most part we are just like you, want to have fun in our off time and enjoy they game.
    Like I said before, what I do does not effect you and if it does how? I dont put items in AH never. Did I rob you of some loot that a team could have done as well.

Have a good day and maybe you should try to multibox before you say it is so easy and cheating. It is not as easy as it looks.

Ok first of all, Us of a program like ISBOXER is not against TOS, You want to talk about 3rd party sofware? It is up to turbin/lotro to define 3rd part software. If you want to play the 3rd party software rule, everyone that plays lotro would be breaking that rule. You use windows or so some kind of os to run lotro, matter of fact it take about 3-5 3rd party software to run turbine in some shape form or another.
    That being said I use ISBOXER it does not allow and animation with out pressing the key manually and before I started boxing I did a support ticket and got a e-mail verification from a GM saying as long as ISBOXER was not animated and I had to manually hit every keystroke it was ok to use.
    I am not particularly familiar with ISOBOXER myself, so I won't argue that that particular program is against the TOS, and trust me I don't have any problem with you or any other person multiboxing, I'm just not a fan of it myself. I think its against the spirit of the game. Do I think you're wrong for doing it while you're able? No, but that could easily change depending upon the actions you take while boxing.

I feel that a very strong argument does exist though against a program that allows you to press a SINGLE button, and have the game take multiple actions from that single button:

- Six characters using 6 individual skills all at the same time with the press of the button is possible via programs used by multiboxers.

- Among ALL of the plugins available for LOTRO (that are not against the TOS), you will not find a SINGLE one that will allow you to execute more than one single action with a single press of a command.

- You are not allowed to use a program that issue 6 commands to a single character (i.e., swap helmet/chest/legs/gloves/boots/shoulders) with a single button press.

-Yet somehow you are allowed to use programs that let one command issue 6 orders, to 6 different toons...?

That is where, for me, a problem lies.

Forth

What you do might not be challenging to me, I am here to play a game. You should be as well. What I do has no effect on you or anyone else. I find it very challenging
    to multibox, yes it is easy to kill mobs but that is only one aspect of the whole game, making gear, gearing our 12-13 alts at the same time without missing 1 part is a challenge in itself.
    keeping track of 12- 13 quests and class traits, traits. Doing raids where you dont have to wait hours on end for that one person to show up then just do 1 raid then wait a few more hours for
    that one guy to finish his current raid, or getting half way thru a raid and that one other guy has to go because his wife is on his butt.
    Sure, what I do might not be challenging to you, and I am here to play a game. But what you do can affect me, and everybody else - like I have already said, it just depends what you DO.

Yeah.. ummm... what is it that you find challenging then, about having multiple toons that fire all at once from a single button press?
    Keeping track of those things is something that any player with multiple toons does.
    Where is the challenge in clicking to the next screen to continue the quest on the next character? The UI does not count as a 'challenge' lol.

Do share, which 'raids' have you multiboxed alone?

Fifth

Is hear this all the time " what your doing is cheating"
    It is not as easy as it looks.
    I didn't say I have never done it (though I have never done it on LOTRO), or that I don't know (or live with) people who do, that play LOTRO. I have been asking YOU where the difficulty lies, because literally, it adds no challenge at all. You play as if you were 1 character, and you are as effective as multiple.

Challenge? It kinda destroys any semblance of challenge when, playing solo, youre actually in a 12-man raid with 12 skills firing with one button command.

Have a good day and maybe you should try to multibox before you say it is so easy and cheating. It is not as easy as it looks.
    I don't really care how difficult it is, that is not a factor in why I dislike multiboxers.
    It damages the community just the same as pvmp farming does. It has been banned in other games. I'm not holding my breath it will be banned here, it would just be nice if it was.

I don't really care how difficult it is, that is not a factor in why I dislike multiboxers.
    It damages the community just the same as pvmp farming does. It has been banned in other games. I'm not holding my breath it will be banned here, it would just be nice if it was.
    Lol, but that's just it... it doesn't add a single shred of difficulty. Sure, you have to set up the skill layout/arrangement to work with the (3rd party) software that connects your press of "2" to be a Burning Embers on this toon, a Penetrating Shot on that toon, etc.. but that isn't anything to do with LOTRO, doesn't affect in-game difficulty at all.

Then -

If you're playing without 3rd party software, it consists of alt/tabbing or screening over and doing what you gotta do on your other toon(s) which will have, til time to use them, been on follow.

If you're playing with 3rd party software, it consists of playing as if you were 1, but with the power of X extra toons.

I don't see any challenge or difficulty.

I am not particularly familiar with ISOBOXER myself, so I won't argue that that particular program is against the TOS, and trust me I don't have any problem with you or any other person multiboxing, I'm just not a fan of it myself. I think its against the spirit of the game. Do I think you're wrong for doing it while you're able? No, but that could easily change depending upon the actions you take while boxing.

I feel that a very strong argument does exist though against a program that allows you to press a SINGLE button, and have the game take multiple actions from that single button:

- Six characters using 6 individual skills all at the same time with the press of the button is possible via programs used by multiboxers.

- Among ALL of the plugins available for LOTRO (that are not against the TOS), you will not find a SINGLE one that will allow you to execute more than one single action with a single press of a command.

- You are not allowed to use a program that issue 6 commands to a single character (i.e., swap helmet/chest/legs/gloves/boots/shoulders) with a single button press.

-Yet somehow you are allowed to use programs that let one command issue 6 orders, to 6 different toons...?

That is where, for me, a problem lies.

Sure, what I do might not be challenging to you, and I am here to play a game. But what you do can affect me, and everybody else - like I have already said, it just depends what you DO.

Yeah.. ummm... what is it that you find challenging then, about having multiple toons that fire all at once from a single button press?
    Keeping track of those things is something that any player with multiple toons does.
    Where is the challenge in clicking to the next screen to continue the quest on the next character? The UI does not count as a 'challenge' lol.

Do share, which 'raids' have you multiboxed alone?

I didn't say I have never done it (though I have never done it on LOTRO), or that I don't know (or live with) people who do, that play LOTRO. I have been asking YOU where the difficulty lies, because literally, it adds no challenge at all. You play as if you were 1 character, and you are as effective as multiple.

Challenge? It kinda destroys any semblance of challenge when, playing solo, youre actually in a 12-man raid with 12 skills firing with one button command.

You have some good points, but you still have not told me how it effects your game play other than a boxer being in an area that you want to be in or the same as a team being there.
    As for the raids I have done, I have done every raid boxed in some shape or form from being 2 -12 logged. matter of fact most people will not even know, I have tanked raids and healed raids.
    Most of the time the only reason I will box a raid is if we are missing a specific person I have tanked a raid and healed a raid at same time. That is the challenge, I can play every class better than most people
    can play 1 class. You play one class and say your great, but can you play 2 classes and not even be seen as a boxer, being told at the end of the raid when no one knew you was the main healer and main tank
    the same time. People are blown away at the skill level it take to do this, That is the challenge.

You have some good points, but you still have not told me how it effects your game play other than a boxer being in an area that you want to be in or the same as a team being there.
    As for the raids I have done, I have done every raid boxed in some shape or form from being 2 -12 logged. matter of fact most people will not even know, I have tanked raids and healed raids.
    Most of the time the only reason I will box a raid is if we are missing a specific person I have tanked a raid and healed a raid at same time. That is the challenge, I can play every class better than most people
    can play 1 class. You play one class and say your great, but can you play 2 classes and not even be seen as a boxer, being told at the end of the raid when no one knew you was the main healer and main tank
    the same time. People are blown away at the skill level it take to do this, That is the challenge.
    And you have not told me what level and classes the toons are, what 'quests' you are 'doing'.

It can affect someone's gameplay without a doubt. You just gave an example yourself: by you taking that extra slot in a raid. If you would have waited two minutes, could not another person have had fun with your group?

'Every raid' isn't a good answer, man. I'm honestly curious. What multiple class roles have you filled, in which instances? You say raids, but surely you meant instances. If its 'everything' give a few examples?

Did you LM CC in ToO Shadow T2C while also taking down the lights on a Hunter?

Did you control several toons during OD Acid T2C on-level, alternating platforms?

You must see how it can be taken... lightly that you claim the things you claim.

Explain how skillful you are, I mean you are surely limited to the same number of commands any other player can issue within a given timeframe, so you were surely playing the tank and the healer at 'half' capacity.

Unless you are using software that allows you to press 1 button and activate multiple skills, i.e. you were playing one character and the other is auto-playing.
    Not auto-playing like playing by itself, but automatically playing the way you set it up to play with w/e program when you issue commands to your main/front character.

Where's the skill? That every time you press 2, 3, 4, or 5 your healbot uses heal skill x, y, z, and QQ?

I mean...
    Geändert von addict82 (20.09.2013 um 11:44 Uhr)

And you have not told me what level and classes the toons are, what 'quests' you are 'doing'.

It can affect someone's gameplay without a doubt. You just gave an example yourself: by you taking that extra slot in a raid. If you would have waited two minutes, could not another person have had fun with your group?

'Every raid' isn't a good answer, man. I'm honestly curious. What multiple class roles have you filled, in which instances? You say raids, but surely you meant instances. If its 'everything' give a few examples?

Did you LM CC the trash in ToO Shadow T2C while also taking down the lights on a Hunter?

Did you control several toons during OD Acid T2C on-level, alternating platforms?

You must see how it can be taken... lightly that you claim the things you claim.

Explain how skillful you are, I mean you are surely limited to the same number of commands any other player can issue within a given timeframe, so you were surely playing the tank and the healer at 'half' capacity.

Unless you are using software that allows you to press 1 button and activate multiple skills, i.e. you were playing one character and the other is auto-playing.
    Not auto-playing like playing by itself, but automatically playing the way you set it up to play with w/e program when you issue commands to your main/front character.

Where's the skill? That every time you press 2, 3, 4, or 5 your healbot uses heal skill x, y, z, and QQ?

I mean...
    Evidently you have not read anything I have said

I have EVERY CLASS at 85 fully traited, full class quests, ect I have done every quest on ever alt,

I have done ever raid/instance What dont you understand about that statement?

nothing I do is automatically playing 1 key = 1 action, I dont use a heal bot either. If I need to heal I hit the key combo and heal what ever person needs head nothing animated. that is why there is 6 hotbars and yes I know where every alts skill/heals/attacks are located on every one of my alts.

As for you comment " If you would have waited two minutes, could not another person have had fun with your group?"

Give me a freaken break, we have all waited on that one person for a hour to finish " I bet it was you "
    and your probably the one that half way threw the raid ahs to go because mommy is calling or the wife is on your back.

As far as the raids I have done,I have done them all I dont feel the need to explain anything else to you because all your going to do is
    say it is impossible. There are many boxers that do the same thing as I do and know the facts, until you try to box, I consider what you say is
    Pure jealousy, this will be my last post because it is a waist of time talking to the wall or explaining rocket science to a 1st grader .

Evidently you have not read anything I have said
    I have read everything you've said! O.O

I have EVERY CLASS at 85 fully traited, full class quests, ect I have done every quest on ever alt,
    I read that.

I have done ever raid/instance What dont you understand about that statement?

nothing I do is automatically playing 1 key = 1 action, I dont use a heal bot either. If I need to heal I hit the key combo and heal what ever person needs head nothing animated. that is why there is 6 hotbars and yes I know where every alts skill/heals/attacks are located on every one of my alts.
    I read that too, except the last part which you failed to clarify before now.

As far as the raids I have done,I have done them all I dont feel the need to explain anything else to you because all your going to do is
    say it is impossible. There are many boxers that do the same thing as I do and know the facts, until you try to box, I consider what you say is
    Pure jealousy, this will be my last post because it is a waist of time talking to the wall or explaining rocket science to a 1st grader.

As for you comment " If you would have waited two minutes, could not another person have had fun with your group?"

Give me a freaken break, we have all waited on that one person for a hour to finish " I bet it was you "
    and your probably the one that half way threw the raid ahs to go because mommy is calling or the wife is on your back.
    I am a reasonable person, and obviously yes, you have a huge point.

But that doesn't change the fact that you filled the slot, someone would have eventually wanted to play, and that means that effects other people's playstyle. Someone got left out.

Granted, that happens when we underman stuff (and surely enough people do that) so it isn't exactly a strong argument, but there it is. At least I'm not whining that you may have lost hundreds of keys and lootboxes and even 3rd age LIs that people could and very likely would have made use of... lol.

For myself, I am actually pretty dedicated to my kin's progression, and main an LM. I have also done every instance in the game. I can't make assumptions about whether or not you'd be able to do the kind of things that I can do (you're surely much better than me eh?), but I do know that what I do, performing to my fullest on my class, would leave me no time to use other combinations to activate a heal or DPS skill on a separate character. Not only does my own (and most of the) class(es) have something to be doing at any given time, but it has something that you should be doing EVERY time you can, as SOON as you can. With this being true for many classes at once - its how you get raid DPS, with everyone in the raid doing their part to DPS/allow the group to continue to DPS.

We can't really start talking about player skill (though I do have a Shadow challenge vid @75 ^^, maybe an Acid challenge one too if I can find it... My toon has Challenger of Gortheron title as well) because we don't know each other... but even if only controlling two characters as you say you are (and even moreso if you control more than that), where 1 command = 1 issue to 1 toon ---- Sorry... It is undeniable that you are utterly gimping your group by not letting someone else take that spot/those spots.

If you're playing 2 toons at the same time with only one of the toons using a skill at a given time, the other toon(s) is(/are) doing... nothing?

Seems an awful waste.

Is it physically possible for your fingers to move fast enough to keep 2 (OR MORE?!) toons actively performing their group role at the same capacity that 2 separate players on those same 2 toons could perform?

Gotta say I doubt it.
    But, if your kin doesn't mind and you enjoy the challenge (maybe they do, too) then more power to ya.

And it isn't about you. I still don't like any program that lets you issue more than a single command with a single button press.
    Geändert von addict82 (20.09.2013 um 12:38 Uhr)

I have read everything you've said! O.O

I read that.

I read that too, except the last part which you failed to clarify before now.

I am a reasonable person, and obviously yes, you have a huge point.

But that doesn't change the fact that you filled the slot, someone would have eventually wanted to play, and that means that effects other people's playstyle. Someone got left out.

Granted, that happens when we underman stuff (and surely enough people do that) so it isn't exactly a strong argument, but there it is. At least I'm not whining that you may have lost hundreds of keys and lootboxes and even 3rd age LIs that people could and very likely would have made use of... lol.

For myself, I am actually pretty dedicated to my kin's progression, and main an LM. I have also done every instance in the game. I can't make assumptions about whether or not you'd be able to do the kind of things that I can do (you're surely much better than me eh?), but I do know that what I do, performing to my fullest on my class, would leave me no time to use other combinations to activate a heal or DPS skill on a separate character. Not only does my own (and most of the) class(es) have something to be doing at any given time, but it has something that you should be doing EVERY time you can, as SOON as you can. With this being true for many classes at once - its how you get raid DPS, with everyone in the raid doing their part to DPS/allow the group to continue to DPS.

We can't really start talking about player skill (though I do have a Shadow challenge vid @75 ^^, maybe an Acid challenge one too if I can find it... My toon has Challenger of Gortheron title as well) because we don't know each other... but even if only controlling two characters as you say you are (and even moreso if you control more than that), where 1 command = 1 issue to 1 toon ---- Sorry... It is undeniable that you are utterly gimping your group by not letting someone else take that spot/those spots.

If you're playing 2 toons at the same time with only one of the toons using a skill at a given time, the other toon(s) is(/are) doing... nothing?

Seems an awful waste.

Is it physically possible for your fingers to move fast enough to keep 2 (OR MORE?!) toons actively performing their group role at the same capacity that 2 separate players on those same 2 toons could perform?

Gotta say I doubt it.
    But, if your kin doesn't mind and you enjoy the challenge (maybe they do, too) then more power to ya.

And it isn't about you. I still don't like any program that lets you issue more than a single command with a single button press.
    I was not going to reply back but, you seam to be one of the few reasonable people that reply back, No degrading comments ect ect.
    Dont get me wrong I love boxing and my kin raiders ask me allot to fill spots, I raid 3-5 raids a day, and guess what for the most part I pass on loot.
    I dont have to worry about raid locks, Like I said 13 account I have 8-10 85's on each and there all traited out and in full raid gear, does that tell you how often I raid?
    Know if a kin member want to join the raid at last min, I will not think twice about dropping a alt. Like I said every raid my Kin does they ask me to log a few alts. it get tells as soon as soon
    as I long on, it got the the point I made a few alts not in the kin.

I was not going to reply back but, you seam to be one of the few reasonable people that reply back, No degrading comments ect ect.
    Dont get me wrong I love boxing and my kin raiders ask me allot to fill spots, I raid 3-5 raids a day, and guess what for the most part I pass on loot.
    I dont have to worry about raid locks, Like I said 13 account I have 8-10 85's on each and there all traited out and in full raid gear, does that tell you how often I raid?
    Know if a kin member want to join the raid at last min, I will not think twice about dropping a alt. Like I said every raid my Kin does they ask me to log a few alts. it get tells as soon as soon
    as I long on, it got the the point I made a few alts not in the kin.
    Well to you sir/ma'am, I say good luck when we get hit with the Helms Deep changes! Hopefully you can continue your endeavors because they seem legit enough to me.

But those players who do the unthinkable and hit 6 Heartseekers or alternatively 6 VTs on a single target with a single press - something needs to be done about that for sure.

And I don't play in the Moors either as a general rule, might catch me out there from time to time but I have 2 pieces of Aud gear, that should say enough.

rank farming still happening

Lol turbine, there is still blatant rank farming going on and practically nothing is being done about it. I've personally witnessed it numerous times and the only actions I've seen taken was that once a gm came and defeated one of the rank farmers, one time. Lol, that will teach em. I have cancelled my subscription and you'll not get another dime from me until you are able to enforce your policies. And about the multi-boxing issue, only problem I have with it is that some people that are lacking any integrity use it to spy and and relate information to the opposing factions, which is cheating in my opinion. I hope you will get serious about enforcing your policies as I mostly enjoy the game and have spent alot of time developing my characters, thanks.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Because it gives one player the power of multiple players - all focused at once by use of 3rd party software - effectively making one supertoon who can spam 3 DPS toon's AOE skills onto a single mob, AOE force taunt that same mob on a tank toon, and spam single target heals to the tank toon and AOE heals to the entire 'party' with a single press of a button.

Nobody should need to be jealous, because everybody has the ability to multibox. They may or may not have the means (equipment/funds) or desire to do it, but anybody can do it.

Anybody can already craft anything they want, because you can make multiple toons (or a friend or two). This does not require you to play multiple toons at once.

Brandywine is a very populated server, I can't imagine why nobody would help you out, sorry about that. Must be that the particular quest you were looking for is an unpopular one. FWIW, you can use 'Who' to find players near your level to run what you want. Not everybody watches GLFF or even uses it at all.

Generally, crafted items aren't worth crafting unless you play very infrequently and/or very slowly when online.

Anything you craft that is below level cap will be outdated and replaced within 2 days at best if you can bother to do 5 quests a day, thats roughly an hour if you're not moving very quickly.
    And what about those people that use their alt accounts for player music? Why discriminate against them?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

I fail to see how multiboxing in pve affect other people's play.
    Just cause some people barely have time to play 1 character doesn't mean other people don't have time to play 2(2x razer naga's does the trick).
    It never cease to amaze me how much people feels everything is cheating or unfair.
    In PvP i agree it's not fair, but PvE is a whole nother story.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Zitat Zitat von Waolas Beitrag anzeigen
    Just cause some people barely have time to play 1 character doesn't mean other people don't have time to play 2(2x razer naga's does the trick).
    It never cease to amaze me how much people feels everything is cheating or unfair.
    Exactly this, my friend!

We don't farm our alt accounts for ranks in PvE
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Zitat Zitat von Waolas Beitrag anzeigen
    Well how about clearing busy quest areas and mobs? Or maybe using several alts to farm for rare drops (crafting recipes), on busy servers we suddenly have someone who can corner the market (AH).

Here is a good one how about someone who offers a leveling service for real money or sells in game items for real money.

Gilrain recently had a massive jump in its Bounder tokens to complete way faster than it should have been able to, would this have been possible without our famous multiboxer/botter?

Question Multi-boxing != Botting

Zitat Zitat von Aldrytt Beitrag anzeigen
    Well how about clearing busy quest areas and mobs?
    Yes, as clearing an area of mobs can only be accomplished with multi-boxing. A group most certainly could never pull that off.

Or maybe using several alts to farm for rare drops (crafting recipes), on busy servers we suddenly have someone who can corner the market (AH).
    Again, a multi-boxer can "farm" rare drops how exactly? Do multi-boxers get some sort of Tome of Unjust Drop Rate that I don't know about? For the cornering of the AH market to occur, one would need control over the supply of any particular commodity. Since the drop rate is equal for each and every player character in the world, how, exactly, does a multi-boxer prevent other players from receiving said dropped items?

Here is a good one how about someone who offers a leveling service for real money or sells in game items for real money.
    I would hardly classify that as a valid argument, let alone "good". What you describe is something that is against the ToS and EULA. As such, no one should attempt to offer such a service. As it stands, this does, however, have absolutely nothing to do with multi-boxing.

Gilrain recently had a massive jump in its Bounder tokens to complete way faster than it should have been able to, would this have been possible without our famous multiboxer/botter?
    Absolutely. There is this uncanny notion that a player might actually hold on to his or her Bounder Tokens for an unspecified period of time, only to dump a ton of tokens at one time. I, for one, woudk certainly not make daily trips to go hand in tokens. So, a surge (or a dip, for that matter) from what you conceive as "the norm" is actually quite normal. Also, please explain exactly how this one famous multi-boxer (I do not know to whom you are referring) made things much faster than should have been possible. Did your server finish first? Did the aforementioned multi-boxer lay claim to such a feat?

Again, please show me where one can get this new Tome of Increased Drop Rate. Is it a multi-boxer exclusive item?

Also, if said famous multi-boxer is reading this post, I apologize for not knowing your name or the stories of your immaculate accomplishments.

[In Closing]

Finally, though it has been reiterated a plethora of times in these forums, it is clear you do not understand that multi-boxing is NOT botting. One has nothing to do with the other. The former is perfectly acceptable while the latter is against the ToS and EULA. A bot is autonomous while a multi-boxing fellowship/raid is under the complete control of an individual. Each key press carries out one and only one respective key press on each account that is being played.

If you have any valid claims, I will be happy to entertain further discourse.

Zitat Zitat von P0wn Beitrag anzeigen
    Finally, though it has been reiterated a plethora of times in these forums, it is clear you do not understand that multi-boxing is NOT botting. One has nothing to do with the other. The former is perfectly acceptable while the latter is against the ToS and EULA. A bot is autonomous while a multi-boxing fellowship/raid is under the complete control of an individual. Each key press carries out one and only one respective key press on each account that is being played.
    'Each key press carries out one and only on erespective key press on each account that is being played'?

100% of Turbine-approved plugins will allow one click to issue one single command, to one single character, and not "1 to each" account that you might happen to have logged in from a separate launcher.

You are obviously using 3rd party software that is against the TOS, to allow yourself to issue more than 1 single command with 1 single click/press.

Seite 16 von 17 ErsteErste ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LetzteLetzte