Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19

Grats Commander Aldehl

Grants on r11 Aldehl, great champ!!!

Onward to the purple rank!!

Gratz mister but you dont get a big gratz till you get the purple horse and then youre special.

A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Congrats!!!!
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Grats Aldel!

Grats Aldel, the mighty Chosen of Arsenal

Any other former Gorfang'ers playing LOTRO?

Zitat Zitat von Grules2314 Beitrag anzeigen

Yes, occasionally.
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Grats Aldel, the mighty Chosen of Arsenal

HOLY ####! Heya! You SO totally caught me off-guard, I casually read your post and then it struck me - "what, chosen, whuuu? OH SNAP!" Thank you Grules! LTNS! What server are you on? And I don't know of any others from Gorfang who play LOTRO unfortunately.

Zitat Zitat von Blackheart-Fury Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, occasionally.
    You were on Gorfang? What was your toon's name? It's like a mini-reunion!

Zitat Zitat von Aldeld Beitrag anzeigen
    You were on Gorfang? What was your toon's name? It's like a mini-reunion!
    I was there from early 2011 until the merge with Badlands.

100 DoK named Ridduk and a 94 BG named Rothardan. I used to run around with Fuhyn and co. on Gorfang.
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

100 DoK named Ridduk and a 94 BG named Rothardan. I used to run around with Fuhyn and co. on Gorfang.
    Awesome! I'd quit before they'd raised the cap to 100. At the time though had a chosen, sorc, dok and choppa all at the cap (whatever it was before it was raised).

Awesome! I'd quit before they'd raised the cap to 100. At the time though had a chosen, sorc, dok and choppa all at the cap (whatever it was before it was raised).
    80 was the cap . The cap raise to 100 w/o creating another tier caused huge imbalances in T4 and made alot of ppl leave the game. Over time , Mythic nerfed the 90 and 100 gear some but the dmg was done.

The game has been abandoned from a development standpoint and is about dead now. Best pvp i ever played though.
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

HOLY ####! Heya! You SO totally caught me off-guard, I casually read your post and then it struck me - "what, chosen, whuuu? OH SNAP!" Thank you Grules! LTNS! What server are you on? And I don't know of any others from Gorfang who play LOTRO unfortunately.
    Hehehe - LTNS indeed. Gorfang and Arsenal was good times.... definitely the best PvP gaming in my book. And the community, both Order and Destro, was really good. Don't you miss Ring and Blitz??? And that time when we crashed the server by blocking the choke point before the Destro city... who knew that gaming could be that exciting.

In LOTRO, I have a lvl 85 Champ on a different server. I leveled him and maxed out the traits over a few months for fun. However, I barely stepped out into PvP - I think he is rank 2 or something. I will send you an email about it.

I played as a RR80 Marauder named Grulson, and I also had a BW on a different server that was up to RR60+. I quit playing soon after they expanded the ranks. I tried coming back once and as I recall I pushed a few levels to RR82-83, but it somehow stopped being fun even though Marauders finally enjoyed some TLC from the Devs.

You mentioned many reasons why it stopped being fun. I recall us once, towards the end, waiting for 45 minutes in a premade for a scenario to pop, with virtually no RvR going on except a few roaming warbands playing door-hammer and hiding in keeps. Nevertheless, it was a great PvP game, and maybe some company revives it one day.

I played as a RR80 Marauder named Grulson, and I also had a BW on a different server that was up to RR60+. I quit playing soon after they expanded the ranks. I tried coming back once and as I recall I pushed a few levels to RR82-83, but it somehow stopped being fun even though Marauders finally enjoyed some TLC from the Devs.

You mentioned many reasons why it stopped being fun. I recall us once, towards the end, waiting for 45 minutes in a premade for a scenario to pop, with virtually no RvR going on except a few roaming warbands playing door-hammer and hiding in keeps. Nevertheless, it was a great PvP game, and maybe some company revives it one day.

Marauders have definitely come a long way since launch. Ive heard the stories of how bad off they were back in the day. Now they are the alpha mdps class for Destro and cause quite a bit of Order QQ.

When i quit playing a few months ago Scenarios had become non existent as well. Sad because they were a nice diversion from RvR at times. Definitely a great game, just released too early and then mismanaged over the years. It would be nice to see a decent gaming company pick it up one day and breathe some life into it. Many people would come back to play i think.

Cool to know that some former WAR players are here in LOTRO.

Cheers
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Hehehe - LTNS indeed. Gorfang and Arsenal was good times.... definitely the best PvP gaming in my book. And the community, both Order and Destro, was really good. Don't you miss Ring and Blitz??? And that time when we crashed the server by blocking the choke point before the Destro city... who knew that gaming could be that exciting.

In LOTRO, I have a lvl 85 Champ on a different server. I leveled him and maxed out the traits over a few months for fun. However, I barely stepped out into PvP - I think he is rank 2 or something. I will send you an email about it.
    Yeah, the PVP in that game was epic. I wonder how much things would be different from a defensive standpoint in this game if Turbine would enforce collision between toons instead of allowing people to just wander through. That would be a HUGE improvement for tanking classes to actually have a bit more of a tanking role by blocking entrances to keeps. And us crashing the server because Order piled up outside the city and couldn't get through was freakin' classic! They must have been sooo pissed. Ah the good 'ole days of The Arsenal Inn! Were you there when we held the RVR south point in that house for over an hour while wave after wave of Order kept dying to us? There were some moments in PVP I'll never forget.

As far as Ring and the Blitz guys go, some things never change. We have our own Ring(s) and Blitz people here. Egotistical nerds who define themselves by how well they do in a game. Kinda funny to poke a stick at them and watch them flip the hell out, just like Ring and co., lol.

EDIT:

I found the Arsenal Inn video! Apparently I was on my DOK Aldelle in the back healing for this one, I pop out of the inn after we wiped all the Order and you can see me running around at 3:54.

Geändert von Aldeld (08.09.2013 um 06:23 Uhr)

Marauders have definitely come a long way since launch. Ive heard the stories of how bad off they were back in the day. Now they are the alpha mdps class for Destro and cause quite a bit of Order QQ.

When i quit playing a few months ago Scenarios had become non existent as well. Sad because they were a nice diversion from RvR at times. Definitely a great game, just released too early and then mismanaged over the years. It would be nice to see a decent gaming company pick it up one day and breathe some life into it. Many people would come back to play i think.

Cool to know that some former WAR players are here in LOTRO.

Cheers
    Totally forgot I had a marauder also. It was actually the first toon I capped. Marauders were the b* step-children though for a looong time, and I wound up rolling some other toons (as I mentioned). Good to see they finally got some TLC. There was a time near the beginning of the game where they were pretty dang fun, using Terrible Embrace to yank targets out of a crowd so the group could kill them. Healer's worst nightmare right there!

Edit:

Here's Arsenal doing a server-first kill of Karl, the Order-side leader. To put things into context so those who never played WAR understand what's going on, in order to get this far, you have to control every Realm-vs.-Realm zone which means control of all points, capturing of every keep, fighting back the opposition the whole time. After that's done the gates to Order's main city are vulnerable and you can set up siege weapons and knock it down, having to again fight off the opposition while doing so. Once the door is down you can enter the city instance. Order players enter the instance from their side, and there's several stages you have to win while fighting against some big bad NPCs *and* fighting against the Order players at the same time (kinda like trying to capture a Keep in LOTRO.) After you win every stage, the palace is open and you have to fight through that. The palace stages are all PVE, but when you're a server first you have to discover what to do on the fly, and they didn't make it easy to say the least. It took us many tries before we finally beat Karl, but we did. It was the server-first kill and capture of the opposition's city. They were not happy, as both sides would defend the city with everything they had. I was on my Sorceror Aldel for this fight.

Geändert von Aldeld (08.09.2013 um 06:57 Uhr)

As far as Ring and the Blitz guys go, some things never change. We have our own Ring(s) and Blitz people here. Egotistical nerds who define themselves by how well they do in a game. Kinda funny to poke a stick at them and watch them flip the hell out, just like Ring and co., lol.
    I agree - but Ring was something "special." At the time when I met him, many of us were pretty hard-core, and we played the game 24-7. Remember the Sunday morning raids when we were hugely outnumbered by Order?! We would play all day Saturday, trying to tire out the Order players through guerrilla-style RvR and scenarios, and then all night Saturday after they logged off trying to flip the zones, to have a crack at the order City around 8am on Sunday when the Order was still asleep. I know - it was somewhat "cheesy" since it was PvE - but at the time, good gear meant increasing the success rate in RvR, and the main place to get it at the top ranks was in the Order city.

Well, Ring would stay up all night trying to stop us, he tried to rile up other Order players to also stay up all night, and then on Sunday he would pull every trick in the book (including exploits) to stop us since he was so determined that nobody on Destro would get some additional Sovereign armor, and undermine Ring's dominance in the game. He was a true arch-villain of that piece, at least for those of us who played as Destro. At the same time, that level of utmost dedication, albeit to a video game, was admirable, and that is how he attracted a number of other equally dedicated Order players to his guild. I wonder what he is up to these days - maybe he now plays Darkfall?

QQ = delicious. The sweetest part of playing a Mara was the Terrible Embrace (TE). There were these OP BWs or SWs roaming around, thinking they were untouchable. One well-timed pull from a Mara and they were right smack in the middle of the world of pain brought down by Choppas and other Destro MDPS. And there were occasional bugs where we could pull them even if they were hiding behind a rock or another static object. Or, in the situations where we were outnumbered or outgeared, pulling one of the dominating RDPS into the insta-kill guards was just "beautiful" - some of them would insta-ragelog after that. And soon after, there would be threads on the forums, raging at the TE, Maras, or the game in general. Good ol' times... sniff sniff

It would be nice if LOTRO had a TE-like skill...

QQ = delicious. The sweetest part of playing a Mara was the Terrible Embrace (TE). There were these OP BWs or SWs roaming around, thinking they were untouchable. One well-timed pull from a Mara and they were right smack in the middle of the world of pain brought down by Choppas and other Destro MDPS. And there were occasional bugs where we could pull them even if they were hiding behind a rock or another static object. Or, in the situations where we were outnumbered or outgeared, pulling one of the dominating RDPS into the insta-kill guards was just "beautiful" - some of them would insta-ragelog after that. And soon after, there would be threads on the forums, raging at the TE, Maras, or the game in general. Good ol' times... sniff sniff

It would be nice if LOTRO had a TE-like skill...
    Indeed. Would also be nice if the toon said, "Get over here!" =)
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Warhammer Online will be shut down on December 18th .

http://www.warhammeronline.com/
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine