In this thread, my post is at the bottom. Since then, i've reached R10, and changed my build just a bit. I am now rolling with:
- Corruptions: Crit Protection, Damage 4 Power rank 2, Health 4 Power rank2, 3x Critical rating boosts.
- Race Traits: Front Line Fodder, Blood of Fire, Rage of Misbegotten, Warrior Against the Deep, Flayer of Flesh.
The tips were mostly for 1v1 situations, but for healing in groups in general, a few extra basic ones:
- first thing you always do when healing a target is apply the Incoming Healing Modifier with traited Fungal spores to make your heals more potent.
- before using your big fellowship heal (Eflorescence), take a quick look at your map, and try to allign yourself in a way where you can include the most of your fellowship/group into the skill effect area. Same goes for applying Slick Flesh (has to be on all the time for everyone, so use it wisely when your group is together).
- if/when you get focused (you can get used to being one of the first targets always), kite and spam the combination of Fungal Spores and Fertile Slime - the other healers should notice this, and keep you up with heals and a bubble, if necessery.
- Fear - extremely useful, and can mean a difference between living or dying. Save it for emergencies.
As for 1v1s, you can forget winning against: shield traited wardens, healing cappies, glory champs, burgs spamming interrupts/cc/addle, power draining/waterlore spamming lms, minis and RKs. You can get Fervour champs, dps cappies, guards, wardens, easy. And there's always burgs/LMs/RKs who are doing it wrong.
Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)