Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Lag - A few links i have found that may help

Hi,

With the server lag becoming more and more unbearable recently I have been looking for things I can do to make my gaming time more bearable and fun, as some days I am finding certain raids almost impossible to play due to the stop motion effect caused by excessive lag. Granted, I may need to upgrade my pc in the near future, but as I am able to play these raids one day and not the next I am more inclined to believe that at present the lag is not something I can just eradicate by upgrading.

That being said, I have found these forum links that have given me a few hints and tips and seem to have improved things somewhat since I have tried them. They may be well known to many, but some newbies such as myself may not have been made aware of them yet so I thought I would post the links on here for easy access -

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ders-READ-this!)

https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...Defeat-teh-Lag

I hope they help some people if they are having similar issues to myself, and if anyone else has any info that could help please feel free to share them.

Cheers and Have a nice day!

Skallolf

another thing to try

On top of my recent post about lag, I have also found this link that explains how to use LOTRO Flashboost which requires a usb memory stick (over 8GB) and supposedly aids in loading the ingame textures.

http://www.hammerfistclan.com/forum/...-vista-187131/

I have installed a version of this today and will be trying it out over the next week or so using a Corsair 16gb Flash Voyager Stick so I will let you know how I get on, and whether it noticeably reduces my lag in crowded areas.

I will be using the Beta Version of LOTRO flashboost 2 - which is available from

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=d6637...KlsuMDVN7P22_4

and the original link is halfway down the page (post 10) on

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...TRO-Flashboost

Flashboost Update

Ok after installing LOTRO Flashboost 2 I have been testing it for the last 12 hours and have noticed some pretty big differences so far....

Pro's (so far) -

1. SKRAID. I ran in a 12 person SKRAID (the battle for the 21st hall) where everyone had their skirm soldier out and we had a lot of normal lag bringers (like rk's and lm's) and I managed to get through the instance with absolutely no lag whatsoever. The only previous time i have ran in an skraid like this, my video was very jerky and my client crashed on me too so this is most definitely an improvement imo.

2. Mounted Combat. Now I do realize that the most recent update promised a reduction in the MC lag, but having tried this yesterday I have to believe that flashboost has made a big difference too. Normally I have to step graphics down in Rohan to low (or V. Low) as the MC is lagging like crazy when I attempt to do warbands and even after the update I was still having this issue. Having used FLASHBOOST 2, I joined a group today of 7 people and we took on both Kramp and Bugud, and just to test things I kept the graphics options on HIGH. I had no lag at all, no rubberbanding and very little graphical jerking during this time so at first glance I would have to say that this is also an improvement.

3. Rivendell. Normally I am lagging like crazy in Rivendell, especially when i approach a bridge which can often lead to me missing the bridge and falling into the river unless i am super careful. Since FB2 though I have not had this issue, and have even ran around Rivendell on my horse/warsteed for about 15 mins to see if any problems would arise. So far they have not.

4. Ingame Loading screens. So far all of my ingame loading screens (entering buildings/instances) have been shortened quite a bit from what they were without FB2. The initial loading time (from the menu to the game) is roughly the same.

and the cons (so far) -

1. Area Loading. Once or twice I have noticed a sudden jerk when you are entering a new area whilst the pc accesses the flash drive, this does not last very long and is usually in safe area's with little or no mobs around. The most this happened to me was from leaving the Misty Mountains and entering Rivendell via Cirith Imladris where my screen jerked 2 or 3 times, although once the pc had loaded the textures I had no further trouble when i repeated this transition. It is worth noting that I do not recall this happening before I installed FLASHBOOST 2.

2. Heavily Populated Areas. I was hoping that Flashboost would have a bigger impact in densely populated areas (ie Bree) than what I have seen, and whilst the game does not particularly slow down you can definitely tell that the system is still struggling a little to load all of the textures to begin with. However, once again it is worth noting that once the main bree textures have loaded, I believe there is some improvement in the general running around in bree.

I will add to these lists if i find anything else worth noting but so far I would recommend using Flashboost 2 if you suffer from excessive lag, and also look at the other links in my first post for some mroe lag saving tips - Alltogether I can confirm that they have made my game much more playable.

I hope this helps some of you, and thanks for taking the time to read.

Skallolf

Bumping this thread for new people who may be suffering with Lag issues.

I've been using Lotro flashboost 2 for the last several months and have noticed a considerable reduction of lag in areas such as Rivendell where previously my lag was so bad I would regularly miss the bridge and end up in the water.

All you need is a USB flash drive that is 16GB or greater. I use a Corsair Voyager 16GB and have had no problems at all with it.