Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 25 von 45

Who was your 'Moors Mentor?!

I shamelessly stole this idea from MithrilMinded on the Arkenstone forums and thought it was a great topic for Riddermark.

Who is the first person that taught you the ropes in the moors? That one person who took the time to take you around and show you how it goes down in the 'Moors......

---------------------

Here's my contribution:

Arkenstone is where I got my start in this game. I actually picked Arkenstone, only because it was at the top of the list lol.

I learned the most, by an extremely HUGE margin from Tyronetheone. I fondly remember the time we were duoing (myself on the hunter), we were heading to HH. Tyrone, with his head on a swivel, something I didn't know how to do at the time saw a few creeps behind us heading to HH as well. After Tyrone and I planted ourselves by the Mayor, those creeps followed us inside.

A massive battle raged......

I was dead, of course, but Tyrone held his own and blew up those three creeps.

I was hooked since then.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

When the game first went live I started on Windfola as a creep, there used to a be a Burg named Sneaks that made me rage, he got level 50 within 3-4 days and then was destroying everyone. So I went to Ark and rolled one of my own after about a month. Because I love the easy mode.

Riv remember Gyrfalcon(sp?)? That dude was my trolling mentor, he used to crush people with a fantastic dry sense of humor, he and Tib would go at it and I'd be rolling.
    Punk's dead, you're next!

About a year ago, I went VIP just to get the stupid swift travel. Going to the Moors was never a thought. I decided to go check it out one day and my friend Bellibell gave me a tour. I remember my first encounter was with a creep named Sliver over at the goblins. Needless-to-say he destroyed me and I started getting the "bug" (pardon the pun) for it. I was then invited to groups primarily with Frae, Dracko, Cerolaith, Malufet, Cosst and few others. So there wasn't one specific person who was my mentor per say but a collective effort. I regret not being part of it sooner, since what i hear earlier Moors days was awesome. Now I try to help out noobs, as I was helped, as well as grow my kin to have a Moors presence. I really enjoy the competition and the friendships I've developed in game.
    The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
    Hinellas R15 Darkthreat R5 Landroval Riddles in the Dark
    Mezmorized R4 Riddermark Lake Evendim Swim Team
    Breathmint - R6 Landroval Rootcanal -R5 Riddermark

Excellent thread, Rubes.

I started freepside right after SOM launched on Ridder. There werent many blue ranks if any at all. I keenly remember having no clue what I was doing, where I was going, or how to play. Lothran was the first hunter to take me under his wings, so to speak. He was the definition of solo hunter. Taught me movement, awareness, map movement, etc.

Then Meleo would have certainly been the next one I looked up to. Not that it hasn't been said a million times, but I have yet to see his equal on hunter on any server. He kicked some pretty major ### freepside, and I spent the next year or so trying to emulate his playstyle. Sadly, as a keyboard turner, that was not meant to be. I once saw a SS of his hotkeys and layout......oh my word.

Creepside, easy. Nath. Or Daenath. He was a chill mofo and hooked me up with unlimited quest items in Pain that I needed. Gangly was fun to run with, but I wouldnt call him a mentor. Sitting in Grothum for hours on end tabbed out doing god knows what was boring to say the least.

So, Meleo, Lothran, and Daenath.

PS: I would have said Alsander. But just when you think he is trying to help you be better, you discover underlying self serving reasons for his out of place sympathies. I couldnt try to be half that good, so that bar was set to high from the get go :P
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

Things I learned from the Adino school of pvp:
    • Superior numbers at all times.
    • Pve/map domination at all times.
    • The fine art of applying face to keyboard and rolling.
    • How to throw my group members to the slaughter while I hide behind a tree and map out.

Sorry, I figured it was inevitable, I wanted to be the first. Lighten up, it was a joke.

Sarcasm aside, the WoT reality...

I started this game as soon as it went live as a solo player. I wanted nothing to do with MMOs or gamers. I just wanted a good LOTR based game. After a year or so went by, I finally (accidentally) met someone due to drama erupting over mistakenly accusing me of stealing a Rich Gold Ore node near the cows in North Downs. This was back when the community was a lot more courteous and polite, so this was unheard of behavior!

Due to that one incident, it was all downhill from there as I was literally forced to meet more people which ultimately lead me to my first Moors mentor. Back then on our old server, he was known as Raven(doc/blade), later on Ridder as Refr. He tormented me for ages, demanding I go to the Moors. I had no interest in that drama. I eventually caved and ventured out, I was a huntarded hobbit at the time. Once Ridder opened, we came here since it was slated to be the PvP server by the community (el oh el...). We created new toons for Moors happy fun times, 2 stupid little burgs named Bonnella and Clydello. If not for him, I may have happily avoided years of QQ, drama and crying. Of course, if not for that, I also likely wouldn't have met all the morons I currently know and love.

I had creeped a bit here and there over the years on both servers, but never got completely into it until the original master sprinter, Run...er...Rubicon came along. He saved my butt many times with those wonderful ninja invites to shield wall my poor squishy burg butt. One day, he had a grand plan to conduct a little experiment in the moors that required us secretly rolling creeps.

Suddenly, a filthy Orc duo emerged from the Sofa Pits. A defiler named Doctorkevorkian and a reaver named Enriqueiglesias. They were quiet, kept to themselves and charged into everything in sight with reckless abandon. They acted like morons, feared nothing and faceraped many. For several ranks they remained anonymous, until some vile facerolling raid baby named Screamokid discovered Doc's identity and ratted her out. Jerk!

Long, dumb story short, Rubi would definitely be the official creepside mentor and without, Doc never would have existed. He had the idea, told me what class to roll and what to name it. I've rolled and deleted and rolled again every creep class, but nothing has stuck like Doc. I love my stupid, cruddy defiler and all the memories that go with it. Thanks Nubicon. <3
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ytMERi8.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Nobody on meneldor helped at all, but over here Cramer taught me how to kill freeps from a freep perspective and meleo taught me how to do it from a warg's perspective.
    Go Hoosiers! IU!

mentor = adino
    [center][img]http://goatgoatgoatie.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/3/6/12365137/2253553_orig.png[/img]
    [b]Thegoat, Wargstalk (Riddermark's favorite ganker) & Danceswithgoats[/b] - Riddermark
    [b]Brandywino[/b] - Brandywine[/center]

For champs on RM, have to be Screamokid and Bohemond (also include ALL of his creeps). I learn a lot from Screamo by grouping/duoing and talking to him , while for Boh I learn more from fighting his creeps.
    Leekae's videos helped me out big time when I was learning mouse turning, and Shray's video when I was learning weapon swapping. However, those two champs are not from RM, one from Landroval and one from big E and also I never get to chance to meet them ~"~
    For creeps, theChef (how can I ever forget you ><), all ELF brothers (won't go into mouse turn if not for ELF) and pretty much all the creeps that I have 1v1'ed pre-RoI.
    Well I know you can be successful even as a keyboard turner/clicker, but I just suck at that.

Overall I will say, gotta be Screamokid (no ####)
    Geändert von star123mc (22.08.2013 um 22:35 Uhr) Grund: i have taken an arrow in the knee
    Riddermark Champion - Shiroyasha

cant really say i ever had a mentor...i pretty much just figured everything out myself mainly due to me playing solo most of the time...o and i have always been amazing there is nothing anyone can teach me (except how to keep stun immunity up on my lm)
    ---------------Landroval-----------------
    Alsander-r13 burg

Zitat Zitat von mattg18 Beitrag anzeigen
    cant really say i ever had a mentor...i pretty much just figured everything out myself mainly due to me playing solo most of the time...o and i have always been amazing there is nothing anyone can teach me (except how to keep stun immunity up on my lm)
    You're so good at it now!

I used to play with a captain back on Meneldor named Stry. I was so enamored by our duos that it made me want to play mine more. He got me started on the basics of playing captain in the moors before he quit playing. When I first started pvping, there were two people who really took me under their wing not so much as mentors but more as learning what lotro pvp was. That was Scuf and Roktata from Brandywine right before MoM launch. As far as a legit mentor, Vim has been a big go-to person when I need guidance or want to test a build or want to bounce ideas off of and that goes for any class I play. He's an endless knowledge source and probably the only person I have met in this game that understands every single class in and out and how to maximize the potential of each.
    Tsaurel/Telae

Zitat Zitat von mattg18 Beitrag anzeigen
    Yet you still cannot solo Jagger Jack :\
    Riddermark Champion - Shiroyasha

Zitat Zitat von Annorwen Beitrag anzeigen
    Risking being steam-trolled for being away from the game so long,

Open invitation for said trolling. You of all people would know that

Don't be a stranger.....most fools then don't even know you now or wouldn't even care either way
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

This is a cool thread Rubi (:

I never really grouped much, except for running around with Thunder a bit in the beginning.
    I think the best ''mentor'' for me was experience and practice. I learned the most from 1v1ing creeps and dueling in 21st.
    As far as learning my class goes, I learned a lot about playing warden by 1v1ing Hippi and Fleshstorm. Favorite creeps to run into.
    I also watched and dueled Silvers, Vann, and Andis a lot. They helped me figure stuff out, even though they were all way out of my league lol

Sozu taught me how to farm crests and brooches and funded about 80% of my first gear set, and taught me to embrace my style that creeps called pushing and freeps called feeding.
    Thunderbritches taught me where to find greenies, how to keep moving, and that its okay to say Nah i just feel like solo or Screw the kin draigoch raid, i'm moorsing

this one boy, Aza, taught me to mouse turn and refine my rotation, and to not use cooldowns just to win a seemingly impossible 1v1 but rather to push my combat skills and movement to the next level. I learned from him how to set aside my moronic wiles when grouping and be a contributer. I learned so much from him about situational awareness and target selecting. Grouping has never been as fun since

And the early 1v1s were so important. I remember harassing a red-ranked Arshbok for multiple 1v1s while he was trying to collect norbog meat. And being torn apart by Deathpaw and embarassed by Hippi while Adino commanded us to move our 1v1s away from ec crossroads. And running over and over to Tastey outside of gv. And in roi riding circles in the warg patrol routes hoping to get pounced by Thornpaw or Hraesvelgr. I wasn't feeding or accruing deaths, I was learning and practicing.

BEST FOR LAST my most value and true pvp mentor.. my favorite boy ever Vudu. Always a few steps ahead of me in lotro, any question or need could be solved by him. He taught me the map, how to gear and how to react to my opponents. Where tbow taught me how to find greenies, Vudu taught me how not to farm them. He taught me how to 1v1 at every opportunity, about Candy Mountain and its sacred 1v1 rules, how to fight with respect but still playing by "In the wild, anything goes". How to find (sometimes) the line between "pushing" and "being farmed" and how to find fun in a challenge rather than victory. How to not gaf about what butthead internet nerds think or say, especially valuable as my squishy feelings tend to want to be "friends" with everyone. How to not worry about not being the best or winning vs losing, but how to use lotro pvp for what it is - a waste of downtime, and a decompression outlet after long work weeks.

sorry for so long but i have to pee and there's a gecko in the bathroom, and i still have almost 2 hours to wait before vudu the lizard hunter gets home. and i like nostalgia so..
    [URL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/skuppers/media/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg.html][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/skuppers/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I didnt really had a mentor i learned alot from Ghash. I learned to run from burgs from giggle
    -Mukal

wrong server lol, didn't realise there were 2 threads with the same name, shame on you thread copier
    Geändert von Vyturack (24.08.2013 um 18:38 Uhr)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]
    ''Scissors are OP, rock is fine.'' - Paper

Harth

Harth was my help monkey and still is... he doesn't hold back and tells me when i suck when i do -Evilleg

Zitat Zitat von Vyturack Beitrag anzeigen
    wrong server lol, didn't realise there were 2 threads with the same name, shame on you thread copier
    lol Arkenstone? you could've still left it anyway

shame Always on rubinoob
    [URL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/skuppers/media/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg.html][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/skuppers/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The people who really helped me were Grimbash and alts, Taubrum, Silence, Ghash, Shum, even Apostle. Thanks guys.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Screamokid taught me how to not suck at this game in general and inspired me to play champ/reaver with his beastly 1v1s back in the day. Morbidi introduced me to pvp and raiding even when I was a complete noob at everything a few years back.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#cccccc][FONT=book antiqua]Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind.
    [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=#ffa500]Second marshal Vahltyr-1 -Champion
    High Chieftain Karnnage-1 -Reaver
    [/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#FFA500][FONT=century gothic]Taskmaster Daennath -Weaver[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Zitat Zitat von Scuppers Beitrag anzeigen
    Always a few steps ahead of me in lotro, any question or need could be solved by him. He taught me the map, how to gear and how to react to my opponents. Where tbow taught me how to find greenies, Vudu taught me how not to farm them. He taught me how to 1v1 at every opportunity, about Candy Mountain and its sacred 1v1 rules, how to fight with respect but still playing by "In the wild, anything goes". How to find (sometimes) the line between "pushing" and "being farmed" and how to find fun in a challenge rather than victory. How to not gaf about what butthead internet nerds think or say, especially valuable as my squishy feelings tend to want to be "friends" with everyone. How to not worry about not being the best or winning vs losing, but how to use lotro pvp for what it is - a waste of downtime, and a decompression outlet after long work weeks.
    This is so great, it brought a single perfect tear to my eye.

Also, I'd like to thank the countless QQers in Glff and OOC for teaching me how things go down in the moors.
    Income/This/Behind/Thanks - Reshi/Warrden/Iwill - Post/Overcompensation

Zitat Zitat von Annorwen Beitrag anzeigen
    Risking being steam-trolled for being away from the game so long, but gotta give credit where credit is due ..

It was Proton and BigEars who popped my cherry. They sent my squishy, under-leveled hunt-ard of a toon out as bait. Oh it was so damn good (some of the best, ever, and I'm including from what I've seen on other servers) but it hurt. I was scared to try it again tbh. But it took an Aussie's touch to make it start feeling good - Ashaad! Watching him hit end game/moors was phenomenal. Sadly these days for me were too short lived. A series of highly unfortunate events meant a server transfer, then another, then ultimately some serious time away from the game...

And then my little brother converted me to the dark side where I'd been slowly figuring things out solo.

Maybe I'll visit Ridder again sometime soon
    Ermahgersh! It's been forever! You better come back!

The first person who EVER showed me anything about Moors was Bigearsandall. Told me about dallies, quests, gave me tips that helped. Even helped me get my first kb when I still had my reaver back in ROI . Thanks man.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Never really had a mentor but the guy who I looked up to the most was Soviets. No matter what the numbers are he always can be found right up front pushing the fight. Never afraid to die and always staying to try to get that last kill. If more people played like this the moors would be so much better.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000922ed/signature.png]Littleblackfoot[/charsig]

makes me feel :D

Zitat Zitat von RGilthanas Beitrag anzeigen
    I shamelessly stole this idea from MithrilMinded on the Arkenstone forums and thought it was a great topic for Riddermark.
    thanks for the credits ! makes me feel good and excited that the topic can cross borders and be well recievied by fellow moors players ! thanks for the diffusion of the thread ..maybe other servers will find it interesting too ! ./salutes
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Oh Goodness..

Well. Where should I start. The first time I ever went out to the moors, I was level 52, in a level 65 cap moors. Adino invited me to his raid even though I was underlevelled. He's definitely not my mentor though. It wasn't until RoI that I really started pvping freepside. (I had a BA rank 5 from SoM that I played rarely) I was absolutely terrible on my guardian. Many players such as Tbow's warg, Nightarrow, Daenath, Devestated, Amywinehouse, and Starfoxx, destroyed me endlessly. So I kept practicing my 1v1s (even though I still keyboard turn and mouse click) and I got better. Very slowly, but surely, I developed a habit of desolating creep players. As for Guardian mentors, there is no one that helped me more than Shawty. He showed me the ropes for sure, considering that he was the first person to teach me how to put an LI Scroll on a weapon. I was using common damage for like 6 months before I realized what beleriand did. He showed me how to utilize the LI points how they should've been, and how to use movement to your advantage on a guardian.

Everyone needs one or two people to help them to know the moors. Nothing brings back more memories than dying at a 1v1 circle, and bowing to the other person when you got back. Knowing you were going to lose, you would fight them again, and get them down maybe an extra 1k morale this time. Progress was key. And now that I'm on Meneldor, I feel incredibly nostalgic at the memories Riddermark holds in me. The moors are nothing like they used to be, though.

As for Creepside. Morbidi. I remember playing my Blackarrow alot in SoM, and wondering why on earth anyone would ever want to play creep. So then after my guardian got to be decent, I decided I wanted to roll a warg for the mangy skin that I thought looked so cool on Jawbreaker. So I opened up my first lootbox about a year and a half ago now, and got a greater sigil. That gave me the motivation to start playing a consistent creep. So finally one day, I was at an all time low. I sucked giant D!ck on my warg, and I couldn't bring in renown for anything. Amywinehouse sent me a tell asking who my freep was. I told him, and he immediately knew me. He then took me under his wing and invited me to Teamspeak to show me the basics of warg. He even gave me a website to go to, to show me the meaning of what it is to be a warg in the moors. I read up constantly, and just wanted to go out and destroy. Many a time, we duoed and killed small groups for days at a time. I'll never forget that experience, considering that he moved on to another game now.

Ultimately, Big thanks to all of the creeps and freeps that have destroyed me over the years. I've always wanted to be good, and there is not a more humbling experience than to witness your own death 20 times in a row, and still come back because you believe that you, "Have it this time". Huge, Gigantic thanks to Shawty and Morbidi. They're great players, and even greater people.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022130000000933dc/signature.png]Zaize[/charsig]

Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte