Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8

Elendilmir's Nerdy Doctor Who Thread

So to continue the discussion that was derailing that PvP thread....

The Master in the new series was only featured twice. Both with 10. I think they presented an interesting story, but his "mastermindedness" was pretty average. If you look at all the other episodes in the newer series the seriousness of the plot was no different than any other alien that invaded Earth. Both of his introductions into the episodes were strong, but I feel like they fell a little flat. I'm not familiar with the 'Old School' master so I can't compare.

I'm really digging the new series. I started with 9 and was mad when Tennant took over (I hate U.S. movies and TV shows that replace main characters in the sequels, but still have the same name). That didn't last long. 11 didn't take over as my new fav because he's still too "friend-zone ish" compared to how dynamic 10 was.
    I recently started going over the original series - at least with what's on Netflix - and have gotten as far as 3. It makes me laugh at all the mock-super nerds that are raging about Peter Capaldi being chosen because he "can't cross his own time stream." They did it in the originals. More than once.

A fellow Whovian! I just found this post as I just recently started playing. John Simm wanted to play The Master truer to its origins but a bit darker. The producers and especially show runner Russell T Davies wanted John to play it more comical and less serious, as we see during his "Here come the drums" kickoff. I love the way John played it but it would have been awesome to see it played the other way too.

I am on the fence about the 12th Doctor. I was really hoping for a female and took a lot of flack from my fellow Whovians over this. The show is evolving and has a larger than ever female audience so why not take that step? Emma Watson as the Doctor? YES PLEASE. YES ALL DAY. Sorry.... where was I?

I wouldn't have minded a female doctor, but I think Emma Watson is too young for the role. I think a female doctor would turn a lot of people off from the series if it weren't the perfect woman to play the role. I think someone as strong as Donna Noble had become would be brilliant. She had incredible depth. And I didn't like her at first either. Then again, I was a huge Rose fan.
    Part of me thinks there won't be a female doctor, given the teaser of John Hurt as the doctor. They must be using him soon.
    I really hope they bring the Doctor's Daughter back into the story soon. They left that with 10 and haven't touched it since.

John will be used in the 50th or the Christmas Special. We will get to see "hopefully" a ton more about the Time War and it's effect on the Doctor. I am excited for the 50th and am having a viewing party with some friends. Fun and tears will be had by all, lol.

I think everything will open the Whoniverse up to even more debate once we learn how he did the Time Lock and what evil things he did to cause the disdain from his future self...

A female Doctor and a male Romana- now that would be switch.....

You may be a doctor. But I'm the Doctor. The definite article, you might say.

Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.

Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen...

My wife and I are having a Doctor Who 50th party on Nov 23rd. I just received my Ninth Doctor coat, so just need to put the rest of the outfit together. My wife is looking for an Idris costume (yes, we know that Ninth and Idris weren't together), or she may default to a TARDIS outfit. We can't wait!

As for Twelfth - I think he'll do fine. I'm still a Tennant fan, but Smith was great and I got over the change pretty quick.

For future Doctors...I have NO issue if the Doctor is female or a non-white ethnicity (easier than typing them all out and forgetting one), but I disagree with the position that it NEEDS to be a female or non-white. The actor should be chosen to suit the role/plans...not an agenda.
    Krysfaerun (100 Minstrel), Wyrana (100 Guardian), Krysfrune (100 Rune-Keeper), Voxmoney (32 Warden), Merrykrysmas (38 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Krysbruin (61 Beorning) - Hammer of Wrath
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

The Day of the Doctor