Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12

Level 30 class quest problem

I traveled from Othrikar to the nearby ruin, Ost something, to plant 3 banners. The first one was a no brainer. The second one I spotted was high up on a tower. While jumping to see if I could get on top of a boulder to reach it, my Cappy got stuck for 3-4 seconds and was instantly dead! I sent my higher level hunter to explore and try to find a way up, but with no luck. How do I get to the top of the tower? I thought maybe there was a way to jump across from a nearby wall, but couldn't find a way to get there either. Anyone help? Never got a chance to find the third one either.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

This is a jumping quest, believe it or not. After futzing around with it quite a bit my first time trying to figure it out,
    I ended up using my horse to jump the gap to get to the 2nd and 3rd banners. But after doing a search, I found this picture,
    which is actually a lot easier: http://www.thebrasse.com/images/captain-l30-ss2.jpg

It's been a long time since I did it, but IIRC there's actually a set of stairs or such inside the ruins.

The quest involves a lot of running on the top of the walls to get around, and the last standard requires a jump that is probably best to do with a horse.

I've been exploring the ruins with my hunter so I could explore in peace. Are the stairs only there in the instance for the Captain? They weren't there for the hunter.

The stairs and at least one plank leading from one wall to another are indeed only there in the class quest instance. This means only Captains will ever find them, and then only when running the class quest.

Also, I prefer using a horse for the last standard. However, I recently discovered that a horse is not necessary for reaching it, having jumped on foot and arrived safely. (This may be a recent change, as that did not work for my first Captain 6+ months ago, but it did work for my second one on a different server about a month ago.)
    Gimli's First Law of "Let's go!"

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Thanks everyone. I'll give it another try later today.

A bonus with using a horse for that last jump is that your herald comes along. If you jump by foot (I think you need a speed-boost like Make Haste to do that though) you'll have to plant your banner right when you land or just kill that last guy without the aura-buff.

Zitat Zitat von Cadd_EU Beitrag anzeigen
    A bonus with using a horse for that last jump is that your herald comes along. If you jump by foot (I think you need a speed-boost like Make Haste to do that though) you'll have to plant your banner right when you land or just kill that last guy without the aura-buff.
    Since the name of the quest is "A Captain's Standard", I think they're actually trying to get you to
    use your standard instead of your herald, so they put in the jumps to separate you from your herald
    on purpose. So the horse trick is extra...trixy.

Zitat Zitat von ArgentMage Beitrag anzeigen
    Since the name of the quest is "A Captain's Standard", I think they're actually trying to get you to
    use your standard instead of your herald, so they put in the jumps to separate you from your herald
    on purpose. So the horse trick is extra...trixy.
    I don't think I have a standard to use?????? Only the herald of hope and herald of war. Should I have a standard, or am I mistaken in what a standard really is (banner instead of herald)?

Oh the nostalgia, i remember this quest from yesteryear. The horror of it all! Jumping quests in MMOs never work properly.

Zitat Zitat von Jeb682 Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't think I have a standard to use?????? Only the herald of hope and herald of war. Should I have a standard, or am I mistaken in what a standard really is (banner instead of herald)?
    It is a different item in your ranged slot. and yes it is you just holding a standard and plonking it down sometimes rather than having a bloke following you around.. It has higher base stats but obviously no extra damage from your herald.

Thanks for that. I'm obviously a noob captain. Somehow I missed the instruction that covered that part. But I have a standard now and am practicing with it.