Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11

Thema: Wardens?

Wardens?

Just curious but for what reason would anyone play a Warden in the Ettenmoors day in and day out?
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

OP and with the that ranged stance being implemented, they just need to spam Javelin Toss, Hampering Javelin, and Wages of Fear lol. Rinse and repeat.

Zitat Zitat von joshy8910 Beitrag anzeigen
    OP and with the that ranged stance being implemented, they just need to spam Javelin Toss, Hampering Javelin, and Wages of Fear lol. Rinse and repeat.
    I understand they are easy to play and extremely OP but that doesn't answer my question.

Not playing a Freep, I wonder if there is some reward or something you gain by playing such an OP class that can be shared with alts or something?

Don't get me wrong, I understand where being uber can be fun for a time but day in and day out?

I remember playing the original Doom, putting on my Bart Simpson skin, entering the godmode codes and then going nuts for a short while. Sure it was fun for a little while, but soon it got really boring.. Wasn't long til I was resetting it to expert mode for a challenge.

And what happened to some of the Wardens that use to play pre-U10, like Chicknorris? Back then I could tell a well played Warden from a poorly played one, while now I can only tell if they are low ranked with low audacity vs a high rank with full audacithy.

I'm sorry but I'd think a Warden would be very boring to play in the Moors day in and day out. They are ignored for the most part by most Creeps in solo, 1v1's and they are tabbed over by target callers in groups and raids. No one wants to waist their time trying to kill a Warden until they are the last ones standing and you have at least 5 or 6 creeps to kill them with.

Ya know, It's actually very funny, an entire raid pulling off to chase Fenore or Eothaine as they sprint away and leave the Wardens and all the dead or dieing Freeps behind.
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Simple, two-fold answer: Because either A) they don't like dying, and like the idea of an easy self-heal class; or B) they played another class before warden, got absolutely wrecked consistently in the moors, and switched to warden.

B's the more common one. Sometimes, the B's are also people who fall into category A as well.

Literally think about every warden you've seen out in the moors, think about their alts they USED to take in the moors, if they have no alts like that, think about what other classes they have played in the past, whether creep or freep, and then, laugh. Laugh hard. Because you'll see that this two-fold answer ALWAYS works.

Zitat Zitat von Bond007 Beitrag anzeigen
    Simple, two-fold answer: Because either A) they don't like dying, and like the idea of an easy self-heal class; or B) they played another class before warden, got absolutely wrecked consistently in the moors, and switched to warden.

B's the more common one. Sometimes, the B's are also people who fall into category A as well.

Literally think about every warden you've seen out in the moors, think about their alts they USED to take in the moors, if they have no alts like that, think about what other classes they have played in the past, whether creep or freep, and then, laugh. Laugh hard. Because you'll see that this two-fold answer ALWAYS works.
    So their really isn't something that you can gain and share with other Alts then (such as armor, comms, ect..)? That may also explains why the older Wardens no longer play in the Moors.

Zitat Zitat von DaxMaxtor Beitrag anzeigen
    Just curious but for what reason would anyone play a Warden in the Ettenmoors day in and day out?
    Zitat Zitat von DaxMaxtor Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm sorry but I'd think a Warden would be very boring to play in the Moors day in and day out. They are ignored for the most part by most Creeps in solo, 1v1's and they are tabbed over by target callers in groups and raids. No one wants to waist their time trying to kill a Warden until they are the last ones standing and you have at least 5 or 6 creeps to kill them with.
    Zitat Zitat von Bond007 Beitrag anzeigen

I think that this thread has brought up some interesting points. I am one of the people that is on their warden day in and day out, and don't think that it is particularly easy. This game is the first (and to date only) MMO I have played and my first character was a warden. I chose the class because it was described as being "advanced" to play and the gambit system sounded interesting. When the level cap was 65, I took my freshly level-capped warden to the moors and promptly got slaughtered. Over and over. This discouraged me for a while, and I didn't step back in to the moors until RoI. Upon my arrival, I was promptly slaughtered over and over again. One of the first mistakes I made was trying to have a lot of morale. This does not make playing a warden in the moors fun IMHO. With this latest expansion, it has become much more fun. I try to stack as much agility as possible in order to actually have dps that registers. Because of this, I have less morale now than I did during RoI. I still die a lot, but it is definitely not boring to me.

Lately, I have been seeing a few wardens in the moors running in Determination with around 20k morale unbuffed. This is not a playstyle that I would find enjoyable. I think that these are the wardens that Gunnor is referring to that get tabbed over by target callers, as they aren't very threatening to creeps.

I don't claim to be an expert on wardens or even think of myself as a particularly good player, but I think that it is worth noting that there are a great variety of wardens in the moors (with more coming out of the woodwork each day). Many of these may be refugees from another class and like the idea of a self-healing morale monster. Others may choose to go the glass cannon route as I have in order to be challenged. Overall though, I think it comes down to personal choice, and if someone is happy with being an unstoppable (and harmless) vitality stacker, then who am I to judge?

TL;DR

Wardens with 20k morale running in Determination Stance with the dps of a Darktide Scrapper - probably not fun
    Wardens under 10k morale running in Assailment or Recklessness Stances with the dps of a poor to mediocre hunter - probably fun
    Nijma
    Warden
    Gladden/Crickhollow

Alright, I have been playing this game for awhile now and have only participated in the forums for grats thread. That being said, I thought I should respond to this ongoing complaint/confusion over Wardens. First off, the class is by no means an easy class to play. If it were, you would be seeing as many Wardens as Hunters/Rk's. I have both of those classes, and I find them both enjoyable to a degree. Viniree, my hunter, was my first character that I brought out to the moors back in the day. I really enjoyed playing my hunter, especially calling targets in good RvR's. I consider myself a pretty good player at my hunter, but I was just getting bored of the class in general.

That is when I created my warden, Aidak. For the past year, I am usually solo on Aidak or on creep side, as I don't think that the freeps need any help at this time. When I go out on my warden, I fight people that want to fight me. I don't zerg, I don't kill greenies, I kill(and be killed) by the creeps that attack me. Lets face it, wardens are OP, as some of you have said. If a warden wants to stay alive against a few creeps, they will (unless they are terrible). While we do have survivability, we lack in dps if we are trying to stay alive. In raids, I find that wardens are completely useless, unless they have the -25% Incoming healing dot (4 fist aud pieces). I believe that they are meant to solo, so that is how I play my warden. I am solo. If I get zerged, I know that I will die, but I try to at least get a kill before doing so. I get slack all the time with some freeps because they see me standing around while a group of freeps are fighting a group of creeps, both having the same amount of essential classes and numbers. Once they die, they start complaining because I just stood there, and I go back at them stating that they didn't need any help. I don't expect others to help me if I am solo, they shouldn't expect help from a "sub-par dps" warden. How I look at it is simple, if you think that wardens are so easy to play and are OP, try out the class. Spam healing against a single creep is not skill. Healing while doing dps to a number of creeps does involve skill which I find that most of you forget. Don't clump every warden into the Chip/KMT group.

If you find me solo, while you are solo as well, I won't heal at all (unless you use wrath/5 min+ CDs). I enjoy a good fight, and if you are doing well and have me beaten, I will not heal myself to full. You beat me, fair and square, which is not the same with most wardens. They see a creep, the spam SHIELD+SPEAR+SHIELD, rinse repeat. That is by no means fun, so I can't speak for the wardens that do that.I find that nowadays, we are seeing a few more wardens out than normal. The combination of bleeds/range stance/determination is brutal for creeps, which makes it an OP class for sure, especially in the hands of a good player, but only in small groups. Like I said, we suck in raids unless you are fixing for a pve moors night. Last night, I was solo and ran into Lugz because I couldn't find any creeps, just curious to see how long I would last. I got halfway up, and found creeps. A few seconds later, I find freeps following me. The creeps were inside Lugz because they were outnumbered, and needed a keep to help the fight out. I wasn't aware that they were there, and the creeps got wiped because of that reason. A few minutes later, I was getting tells from creeps that had logged over, telling me that I just ruined pvp for the night. I just laughed, because when I went up, the creeps were trying to kill ME, not the freep group. If a target caller ever calls out a warden before any other freep, the target caller is at fault. The only time that you go after a warden in a raid is if everything is dead, released, and there is no trash to kill (even the bird), that is how insignificant we are in raids.

A couple of years ago, you could name the only wardens that went to the moors on one hand, myself being one of them (Blackhaert, Chik, Balaric, Deregorn). The class was more difficult to get kills back then, which is why you never saw them. We had (and still have) 1 slow that lasts 20 seconds on a 45 second CD. Our heals were only useable in determination and we had no ranged stance. Our bleeds stacked, but did a lot less damage. Now, we do roughly the same amount in range/melee stance, which makes it a lot easier to get kills. That being said, I love playing my warden, and will continue to play it. When we get nerfed, hopefully we do, I will continue to play the class. When that comes, more than 3/4 of the warden community will stop playing and move onto the next OP class, which couldn't come sooner.

That is why I play Warden in the moors.

Also Vinner, those skills have cds, only noobs spam those . Best to just spam Wall of Steel in combination with hamp jav and WoF.

I was actually leading that and the whole idea of you being target first was to try and get the whole keep worth of npcs you had on you to aggro on the raid behind you when you died. Pops came over and said you were solo which I knew for awhile you were cause you kept running into us at ta for giggles I guess while we were waiting for the freeps to come out. I think Zorbash said he had you down to 500 morale (though you had never surrender up i think its called?) when we swapped targets. I called for them to target you first and then right before we would have killed you we swapped targets but I knew the only way we were gonna even get some kills out of that fight was for you to die and drop that big ball of npc aggro you had with you.

Not a bad reason to kill a warden, but in most circumstances, its the creeps that will kill the freeps, not the npcs. If I had died, you guys could possibly get a few kills, but if you let me go and focus straight up on the freeps, a lot of them would have died. I don't think you guys had a chance to win, but you would of gotten more kills. If that happens again, try the other option, or go into the tyrant room, I didn't want to make it a wipe so I wasn't going any further, I was just running around bored. I am not one to zerg, so my intention of going up there was not to wipe you guys. It was some pretty good action and I felt bad about ending it, but what can you do.

Zitat Zitat von Buraq Beitrag anzeigen
    I think that this thread has brought up some interesting points. I am one of the people that is on their warden day in and day out, and don't think that it is particularly easy. This game is the first (and to date only) MMO I have played and my first character was a warden. I chose the class because it was described as being "advanced" to play and the gambit system sounded interesting. When the level cap was 65, I took my freshly level-capped warden to the moors and promptly got slaughtered. Over and over. This discouraged me for a while, and I didn't step back in to the moors until RoI. Upon my arrival, I was promptly slaughtered over and over again. One of the first mistakes I made was trying to have a lot of morale. This does not make playing a warden in the moors fun IMHO. With this latest expansion, it has become much more fun. I try to stack as much agility as possible in order to actually have dps that registers. Because of this, I have less morale now than I did during RoI. I still die a lot, but it is definitely not boring to me.

Lately, I have been seeing a few wardens in the moors running in Determination with around 20k morale unbuffed. This is not a playstyle that I would find enjoyable. I think that these are the wardens that Gunnor is referring to that get tabbed over by target callers, as they aren't very threatening to creeps.

I don't claim to be an expert on wardens or even think of myself as a particularly good player, but I think that it is worth noting that there are a great variety of wardens in the moors (with more coming out of the woodwork each day). Many of these may be refugees from another class and like the idea of a self-healing morale monster. Others may choose to go the glass cannon route as I have in order to be challenged. Overall though, I think it comes down to personal choice, and if someone is happy with being an unstoppable (and harmless) vitality stacker, then who am I to judge?

TL;DR

Wardens with 20k morale running in Determination Stance with the dps of a Darktide Scrapper - probably not fun
    Wardens under 10k morale running in Assailment or Recklessness Stances with the dps of a poor to mediocre hunter - probably fun
    I'm saying that Warden is prob the most OP it's been without the need of heal gambits due mainly to the stupid ranged stance they implemented, which was tottally unnecessary imo. There shouldn't be a class with such insane mits and morale be able to do good damage from that far, when they aren't supposed to primarily be a ranged class. Melee wardens that actually go in and fight I have no probs with (pref when they are not using heal gambits either ).

Zitat Zitat von Vinirefacias Beitrag anzeigen

Also Vinner, those skills have cds, only noobs spam those . Best to just spam Wall of Steel in combination with hamp jav and WoF.
    OP noobs haha . Jav toss ftw, that has like a 2 sec OP CD! As I told Nimja, I just think the ranged stance they added is dumb, and those gambits that wardens do use for range are mostly still simple 3-gambit ones that do great damage, bleh! Btw, you're a terribad warden JUST GIVE UP, nothing would help you win even if you are OP ! Miss ya tho bud!

I just think that it's dumb and that's what makes Warden OP. That aspect makes it easier than it used to be, but by no means am I stating the Warden class is easy to play...entirely.

Ofc a fellow Vin would not be range spamming noob, but an honorable melee warrior! You were a meh warden (jk you was good) b4 this expac, so you're aight!

Off topic sorta Vini, but do you feel like Hunter is OP if they get all the gear available to it compared to RoI, where if you got the gear, it still took a bit of skill? I was just looking at what stuff was available, and I feel like if we got that gear, we would dominate without much of an issue with the gold jewelry, weps, etc. I'm not saying the hunter itself is an OP class, but I feel like if they got the gear and were semi competent, they wouldn't be too hard compared to before.
    Geändert von joshy8910 (15.08.2013 um 18:39 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von joshy8910 Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm saying that Warden is prob the most OP it's been without the need of heal gambits due mainly to the stupid ranged stance they implemented, which was tottally unnecessary imo. There shouldn't be a class with such insane mits and morale be able to do good damage from that far, when they aren't supposed to primarily be a ranged class. Melee wardens that actually go in and fight I have no probs with (pref when they are not using heal gambits either ).

OP noobs haha . Jav toss ftw, that has like a 2 sec OP CD! As I told Nimja, I just think the ranged stance they added is dumb, and those gambits that wardens do use for range are mostly still simple 3-gambit ones that do great damage, bleh! Btw, you're a terribad warden JUST GIVE UP, nothing would help you win even if you are OP ! Miss ya tho bud!

I just think that it's dumb and that's what makes Warden OP. That aspect makes it easier than it used to be, but by no means am I stating the Warden class is easy to play...entirely.

Ofc a fellow Vin would not be range spamming noob, but an honorable melee warrior! You were a meh warden (jk you was good) b4 this expac, so you're aight!

Off topic sorta Vini, but do you feel like Hunter is OP if they get all the gear available to it compared to RoI, where if you got the gear, it still took a bit of skill? I was just looking at what stuff was available, and I feel like if we got that gear, we would dominate without much of an issue with the gold jewelry, weps, etc. I'm not saying the hunter itself is an OP class, but I feel like if they got the gear and were semi competent, they wouldn't be too hard compared to before.
    Vinner, I totally agree that range spamming makes the warden over the top op. I wish they just did away with the stance and bring back the icp regen + some buffs of some kind (BPEs). In regards to hunters, I can honestly say that I can't really respond with the best of answers. I have not played my hunter for awhile in the moors. But from what I see, if the hunter has the gold rings, their success to win a 1v1 are significantly increased. That heal proc is amazing when you are also using AR. Also, more crit/more agility never dissapoints. The new gear, T1 and T2, would be interesting to use in the moors, as they don't have aud as you know. Maybe in a raid it would work, but you would have to hot swap every time you got targeted.