Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7

Question My first char - What race should it be?

Hi, I'm new to the game, and I've been having some problems to connect, but I hope to solve them and start playing as soon as possible.

After having a look at the classes I decided I wanted to create a Minstrel but... Does the race I choose (Elf, Human, Dwarf, Hobbit) change the stats of my Minstrel? And if so, which race do you think I should pick?

Thanks in advanced and hope to see you in-game if my computer finally allows me :P

Race differences in LotRO are very small, and you will almost never notice them. Just chose the race that appeals to you most.

Personally, I found that I like to play hobbits most, so all minstrels that I actively play (yes, I have way too many characters ) are hobbits, including my main character. Playing something larger just doesn't appeal to me.

From a gameplay perspective, hobbits work well as minstrels since they get a second 'Still as Death' skill.

'Still as Death' makes your character play dead and is a good way to reset enemies if you are in an unwinnable fight. Its also handy in group instances if you get aggro from a few mobs, and need them to leave you alone until the tanks can pick them up.

All minstrels get this skill on a 5 minute timer, while hobbits get a racial version of it (sadly on a 1 hour timer).

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Still_As_Death
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Hobbit-silence

However, as Bramor says - racial stats, skills and traits make very little difference in the long run. Pick a race you think you will enjoy playing, and have fun!

Thanks for the information! I will create a Hobbit 'cause I like them ^^

One other thing to consider is that minstrel's have a few "cry" skills, and as such, you will hear them yell a few of their moves. I think Dwarf Minstrels yell dwarven sayings like Baruk Khazad!

I made a hobbit minstrel myself, because I wanted him to be my cook lol. Hobbits make good food :P

- Strig
    "For the Naugrim withstood fire hardily than either Elves or Men, and it was their custom moreover to wear great masks in battle hideous to look upon; and those stood them in good stead against the dragons.” -- The Silmarillion

Dorfs Rock in all ways! That's why I made my minstrel a Dorf. With Black dreds...

Zitat Zitat von Strigoi Beitrag anzeigen
    One other thing to consider is that minstrel's have a few "cry" skills, and as such, you will hear them yell a few of their moves. I think Dwarf Minstrels yell dwarven sayings like Baruk Khazad!

I made a hobbit minstrel myself, because I wanted him to be my cook lol. Hobbits make good food :P

- Strig
    I made an elf. Twice. She brings out the chivalrous in all classes of all races. That is almost as good as an extra skill