Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8

Comments and suggestions on upcoming suggestions for housing revamp

I am really excited for the housing revamp scheduled for sometime at the end of the year. However, some of the things I read gave me pause ...

Of the suggestions being made many of them offer an improvement to what was lacking in the homesteads and in Middle Earth housing altogether. Such as, adding new floor plans so we are not stuck with just 2 types of houses to choose from; and allows for more storage and room for decorations. Stables, housing related crafting, etc ... But, I was not pleased to know that beyond being able to have a house for every toon on an account (I have many) people would be penalized for not using them. We don't get penalized now and I like that. It is one less stress, other then making sure I pay the rent, that I don't have to worry about. And, decor wear. I don't think there is anyone in the game who wants one more thing to spend coin on or wants to lose just because they are asked to now take care of it. Again, is this really necessary?

True, I understand why it is being considered. If you could afford it, you could have every toon that an account could hold with a house. That could be a lot of unused property just for the sake of having it. But, we can't be at out house(s) all the time. Is the the game the main subject here? And, why make a good thing into one that causes un-needed stress on the home owners? I am sure there is another way to keep the volume down and still make have a house or two fun.

In other words, please don't make it more annoying then it needs to be simply in order to buy, own and keep a house. You win more with sweet then with sour.

On a side note ... I would also like to suggest that there be rewards for caring for houses like keeping the yard clean, mowed or whatever. Tending horses in the stables. Simple tasks that could end up completing a deed of some sort and reward the home owner or kinship with titles, decor, war-steed buffs or tack, etc. This could be fun and involve the whole neighborhood and kin.
    [IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/Amberdrake67/sig-lotro2_zps2d1c9938.jpg[/IMG]
    Have fun storming the castle!

get rid of large and small slots. one size fits all. give us a large open zone like rohan, and let us build our own communities. meaning find a spot, choose a style and build a house. kinships would be able to build walls like a fort. groups of houses could declare themselves a town and have to elect a mayor. once you become a town you have option to build stores or a vault. let us build a farm for those that want one. that's all for now

Zitat Zitat von Ice_Maiden Beitrag anzeigen
    I was not pleased to know that beyond being able to have a house for every toon on an account (I have many) people would be penalized for not using them. We don't get penalized now and I like that. It is one less stress, other then making sure I pay the rent, that I don't have to worry about. And, decor wear. I don't think there is anyone in the game who wants one more thing to spend coin on or wants to lose just because they are asked to now take care of it. Again, is this really necessary?
    I haven't kept a close eye on everything about housing recently, where were these two things mentioned?

I do like your idea for keeping properties in good order, though I dare say if something like that were to come in it would be down the track from the initial revitalisation.
    [URL=http://w11.zetaboards.com/No_Whole_Bard/index/][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/avalonmists3/No%20Whole%20Bard/Lass_sig2.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=#58732A]~The wind is full of a thousand voices~[/color]

Cool

Zitat Zitat von spiderpig Beitrag anzeigen
    get rid of large and small slots. one size fits all. give us a large open zone like rohan, and let us build our own communities. meaning find a spot, choose a style and build a house. kinships would be able to build walls like a fort. groups of houses could declare themselves a town and have to elect a mayor. once you become a town you have option to build stores or a vault. let us build a farm for those that want one. that's all for now
    I like the idea of giving us one size fits all for the individual houses, but a LOTRO Homestead Sims City idea seems a bit too far. This would become extremely complicated and lead to conflicts among players. I really like your idea of Kinships building walls though, and groups of houses to declare a VILLAGE, not a town. Inventing hundreds of new towns and cities is a major-lorebreak. As for building your own house, I like the idea of DESIGNING, rather than building brick by brick. We could choose from a vast selection and "assemble" our own homes. Individual farms and shops sound like a good idea too.

Sapience ist offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Zitat Zitat von Ice_Maiden Beitrag anzeigen
    But, I was not pleased to know that beyond being able to have a house for every toon on an account (I have many) people would be penalized for not using them.
    I too would love to know where this information is coming from as we have said nothing of the sort.

Zitat Zitat von spiderpig Beitrag anzeigen
    This is LOTRO, not a LotR-themed MMO version of SimCity. Housing is a sideshow, not the main event.
    Deus

Zitat Zitat von Deusdictum Beitrag anzeigen
    This is LOTRO, not a LotR-themed MMO version of SimCity. Housing is a sideshow, not the main event.
    Star Wars Galaxies had a system pretty much like what they described.

Zitat Zitat von Deusdictum Beitrag anzeigen
    To some people, I being one of them, believe Housing is an important part of any MMO.

Just because in your opinion, it's a sideshow, does not mean that Turbine should not cater to the care of their customers.

Some of us here actually like the social aspects of an MMO, and enjoy the social gatherings that occur in homes. All of us are well aware that the housing in Lotro is not that great. And with the love of the game that many here do share, would like to see better homes and communities.

Myself cannot wait to see the new changes to be made.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000025b84f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]