Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 16 von 16

Moria Kinship - Lock 59/60 - Play the game as it was intended

So after 3 successive rounds of leveling to cap and then grinding endlessly against a few instances to flesh out characters I've had it. I'm done. I love the game and the way it plays but the later content has not been as satisfying or challenging as the level 50 to 60 endgame was. The Race to Foundry and then Sambrog has played out for me.

Here's what I propose as an alternative: I'm thinking that the level 60 endgame, which included all the Moria instances, Dar Nargubud, The Rift, Helegrod, etc, was more challenging and interesting for 6 to 12 man groups to run. All of that content is tuned to support 1 hour runs and 3 hour raids if run at appropriate levels. In addition to the long content you have Filikul and Watcher as short sharply defined runs that produce rewards. All of these areas are still very challenging even for well geared 60's. They all require good play to complete successfully.

This Kinship would be for mature players with a role playing accent. We'd be looking for people who were interested in a good social experience and challenging content to play against.

The advantages of playing in a locked Kinship are many. You can outfit your character with the best and brightest stuff and then easily move on to creating another locked character as an alt. That character can also get outfitted with the best stuff without turning LOTRO into a full-time job.

Moria, Lothlorien, Eregion, Mirkwood and Enedwaith are still available as farming and XP zones for leveling your epic weapons. Older zones, like Angmar and Forchel have not yet grayed out and still offer good RP opportunities if not much leveling.

The Kinship would lock at character choice of level 59 or 60 using the Stone of the Tortoise to disable character leveling. Tradeskills and epic weapons level normally under the Tortoise the only thing that gets turned off is XP that goes towards leveling.

Locking at 60 would make your character as powerful as it can get under the system. Level 60 1st Age epic weapons and the third Legendary skill trait would be the primary rewards for doing this since level 60 armor is often no better than the quested armor received in the Moria quest lines.

Locking at 59 would give you access to tasks in order to more easily level your 59 epic weapons. Once you go to 60 there are no tasks available to the character until 61. Many resources say that there are tasks available at the 21st Hall board until level 61. This is not true, at 60 the board is out of level and the next task board is in Galtrev and accessible to 61 as the minimum level.

What would the Kinship do at 59 or 60?

Play the game.

Not grind endlessly against a limited set of targets for one currency that gets the best gear in the game only to see that gear all obsoleted as soon as the level cap or next instance cluster comes out.

Every epic weapon that your character gets under the locked level concept is a weapon they will use as long as they play the game. Getting multiple 1st Age weapons built with different stats and legacies will be an achievable goal because all of the extra play required to get that weapon will remain valuable.

For people who want organized PvP the access to Freep side would be closed off. To compensate the Kinship will have a Creep Tribe that PvP's on a regular basis.

What would the Kinship schedule look like?

Monday - Raids
    Tuesday - Instances and PvP
    Wednesday - Raids
    Thursday - Instances and PvP
    Friday - Instances and PvP
    Saturday - Instances and PvP
    Sunday - Raids

We'd schedule raids to not conflict with the most common raids nights for endgame raiding kins. This would be to allow endgame raiders to play alts in our Kin. Endgame raiders tend to get the most burned out on the grind at the cap each iteration. Having a low-key Kin with challenging content and no pressure to gear up would likely draw a sizeable contingent to the Kin to raid in each dead interval before the next expansion.

We'd do role play events as circumstance permitted. I can see open country horse races, sparring tournaments and tall-tale telling as obvious choices and other interesting contests as we developed our world.

If you're interested in playing the game against endgame content that was designed when endgame was still a priority sign on below and I will start setting things up.

Hope everybody who reads this got something out of it even if you're not interested.

This sounds fantastic. I know there are a lot of level 50 cap kins out there, but this is the first level 60 cap kin I've heard of. Moria endgame was just as good as Angmar endgame IMO. Actually, Moria was my 'heyday' in LOTRO.

Your description of this kinship sounds incredibly tempting. First Age legendaries that stay with you. It would actually be worth the time and effort to create multiple sets for different builds. I'm intrigued by the 'role-playing accent' and creep tribe too.

I have a Champion sitting at 49 right now that I could possibly bring into this. My problem is time. I'm currently involved with two leveling groups (one of which I lead):

Tues & Sat is SoA lvl group on Riddermark (current level 22)
    Wed & Sun is my casual level group on Brandywine (current level 61)
    I also have two level-cap characters on Brandywine for running stuff with my kinnies
    Besides this, I work full time, have a toddler, and am taking a couple classes in the fall.

In spite of my time constraints, I think I would really like to try to be a part of this. Do you have a kinship set up? Or possibly even just a user-created chat channel for now? Actually, the chat channel would be great for those of us with mains in another kinship (which I suspect would be most of us). My champ's name is Maeres.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

I just wanted to add a suggestion to maybe advertise in game for this. You'll reach a lot more people there than in the forums. Also, I think I may have one or more people on board in my kinship.

I'll be doing some in-game advertising as soon as I can figure out how to capture the target audience of mature players without offending the kids on summer vacation in the process.

Good idea though. I'm working on a short, concise and hopefully inoffensive blurb for the Kin.

what's the name of the kin?

How about "Moria Tourism Agency"
    Geändert von Frieja (21.07.2013 um 18:00 Uhr) Grund: removed advertisement suggestion

Moria Tourism Agency would be fine. We might want a slightly more RP name. How about Moria Venture Company or something similar that suggests an industrious kin looking to take advantage of everything Moria has to offer?

The blurb works as long as it doesn't leave kids asking to apply and getting turned down. I recognize that there is some age-ism going on in my concept but I have found that Kins/Guilds with unattended kids in the mix tend to be very unstable. Kids who are in with parents are stable because the parents tend to be stable.

I like your idea of having a moria kinship, I LOVED Moria when I was leveling there long before the revamp and it was the best. I would suggest you, if your kin is going to be limited for officers, to make older players officers. Keeps the younger community in check, but not all are immature. I've had a couple older players who were very immature and I had to kick them out for it after a week. I have helped manage a kin for 2+ years and it's not easy xD. I love the kin and it's fun to be with a group of people you can talk to and help, level, raid/instance, and craft with. A kin "evolves" over time and you can see the small changes that happen by the way you manage it and the people playing together. Now moving on to names, for a Kin name, you can write out some ideas on paper and combine them and see what they make and keep doing it till you find the right one. Ex: you've written 10 words on paper: Moria(s), of, Legion, the, Legend(s), Against, dark(ness), defenders, and, light

You can try and pair 2-5 words together and see what you come u with. Like: "Legion of Moria" or "Defenders of Light" or maybe "Legends of Moria" the possibilities are endless, these are just words if you want to start with and you can add more to it and connect them together.

If you would like help about leading a kin I could help, mail or PST me in game on Builas or here in forums if you would like.
    Bye and good luck with your kin!
    ~ Bui Bui
    Geändert von legolasluver (22.07.2013 um 13:24 Uhr)
    Main: Builas (Hunter) lvl 85 || Thelluin (Minstrel) lvl 85 ~ Recruiting Officer of The Knights of Dol Amroth (Brandywine)
    ~Even in the darkness of Moria and Isengard, I feel the golden woods of Lòrien giving me hope~

Do you need any experience? I have an 85 character, but i have never raided before. I have always wanted to do the older instances and such, so i want to re-roll on brandywine for this.
    Truth and Justice

No raiding experience required, just a willingness to learn how to raid. Re-rolls on Brandywine are fine. We'll have leveling groups as much as we can until we hit critical mass for 5960. Then we'll have leveling groups on the off-nights when PvP is not active.

I was called out of town so the launch window was pushed back a few days. I'll be back home on Thursday or Friday at the outside and I'll be inviting then.

Any news on this?

Zitat Zitat von Frieja Beitrag anzeigen
    Any news on this?
    Apologies on the timing. I got called out of town for a family health emergency last week and I'm now moving at the end of the month in order to help some with that.

This is definitely still on but I do not want to start it and then vanish due to the move and other things I need to handle. I'm working on a way to segue into it over the next few days and then have a low-key first month or two. That way the expectations level meets the actual results early on.

I'll be on Brandywine in a bit and I'll start advertising the preamble to the kin at that point.

Basically I'm going to ask people who are interested to level to 59 or 60 over the next week or two and lock there. I'll invite people who are already locked at the level right away to see if we can get groups running.

There is a strong incentive to lock at 60 due to the way scalable instance loot tables work. I'm thinking about making it just a Lock 60 kin and not worrying about task ineligibility at that point.

Ran adverts every 30 mins in glff tonight and got a few nibbles. Several people are leveling alts to get to 60. The Kin is the Moria Venture Company. I tried to get Moria High Guard but it was already taken.

This is going to be a Lock 60 Kin instead of 59/60. The reasons for 59/60 are valid but it's too hard to explain simply to people asking about it and it causes confusion so 60 it is.

It was a very slow Saturday night on Brandywine. I'm going to do some more advertising tomorrow afternoon and see if I get more hits. Ideally I'd like to get about 50 people interested. That would give us more than enough to raid, instance and PvP on a regular basis.

Is this lock-60 kinship still in progress?

Hi Bowman 99. I am still interested in this. I've got my Champion at 50 right now; I'll try to work on getting some levels this week.

I wish your family good health.

There are long and short answers to the "Is the Lock 60 Kin still alive?" question. I'll give them both because I'm convinced the kin is worth doing assuming LOTRO is going to keep going strong.

The short answer is that my fairly brief attempts to recruit were not really successful. I got a few commitments from people who wanted to level up alts to play in the kin but not enough to actually start the kin up. I don't want to pack it with characters from a few accounts because my experience in doing that on Windfola was that it was a hindrance more than a help. Got a nice kinhouse there and a couple of good members but no real kinship after a short burst of initial activity. I want to start this up with at least 10 players or so to give us the best chance for a successful recruiting drive to get to the 30+ we'll need to make things work well.

The long answer is that I am about to go on a forced hiatus from the game for at least a month or two. There have been family health issues all over the place and as a result I am moving to a new town on Sept. 1st to be closer to a couple of relatives in different places that need some assistance right now. If the initial recruiting had been more successful I would just transfer leadership of the kin over to somebody either permanently or as a caretaker until I was able to get back in game in mid to late October. As it is there is nothing to transfer since there were no immediate recruits and I'm not comfortable having a burst of recruiting followed within days by the recruiter vanishing into the mists for a significant period of time. That's not fair to the people who would be left holding the bag in a new and somewhat frail kin.

So I'm still planning to have the Lock 60 Kin but the timing at this point is just miserable for getting it up and running in the short term.

For people interested in starting and recruiting for a Lock 60 kin my best advice would be to have a set of canned responses macro'd and waiting to go for questions like "why would anybody join that?" and "why cap yourself?" There are good answers for both of those questions but you need to have concise and consistent answers or you'll just start a debate in glff that you cannot win and that likely discourages potential recruits.