Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 25 von 25

Frodo was 50+?

Way to go! No wonder he gets fans of all ages.

He's the size of a five year old, looks 20 in the Movies and will probably live past 100.

How old were the rest of them then?

During the war of the ring, the Hobbit's are all young(30s) except for Frodo who is in his fifties, Boromir is middle-aged(40s), Aragorn is in late eighties, Gimly is 140, Legolas is 1000-2000 years old and Gandalf is over 3000 years old, older than middle earth itself.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000007d7a/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Frodo, Sam, and Pippin left Bag End--Merry had gone ahead on a cart with the last of Frodo's belongings--on 22 September 3018 of the Third Age. The Ruling Ring was destroyed on 25 March 3019. Using the birthdates found at The Encyclopedia of Arda you can determine how old each member of the Fellowship was during their adventures. For instance, Sam was born on 6 April 2980, making him 38 years old. At 28, Pippin was the youngest.

One thing you should keep in mind is that Hobbits have a longer life expectancy than Men. So a hobbit of 33, as Frodo was at Bilbo's farewell party, is considered to have come of age, like we currently do a 21-year old. A hobbit in his 20s is considered to be in his 'tweens', as we have teenagers.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Zitat Zitat von Pendraken Beitrag anzeigen
    Gandalf is over 3000 years old, older than middle earth itself.
    I'm confused as to how 3000 years is older than middle earth. The Third Age itself lasted about 3000 years, if that's what you mean.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001beaea/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von Theofryth Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm confused as to how 3000 years is older than middle earth. The Third Age itself lasted about 3000 years, if that's what you mean.
    Gandalf had been in Middle-earth for a couple of thousand years, so that's how 'old' he is in that form. (Small wonder he's got a really good beard). His higher form, the Maia Olorin, would be indeed be older than Arda itself as he was one of the Ainur

So 'Gandalf' *is* technically more than 3000 years old, but really he'd be a heck of a lot older than that.

Zitat Zitat von Radhruin_EU Beitrag anzeigen
    Gandalf had been in Middle-earth for a couple of thousand years, so that's how 'old' he is in that form. (Small wonder he's got a really good beard). His higher form, the Maia Olorin, would be indeed be older than Arda itself as he was one of the Ainur

So 'Gandalf' *is* technically more than 3000 years old, but really he'd be a heck of a lot older than that.
    OK, thanks for clearing it up. I forgot that Gandalf was a Maia
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001beaea/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von oldbadgerbrock Beitrag anzeigen
    Frodo, Sam, and Pippin left Bag End--Merry had gone ahead on a cart with the last of Frodo's belongings--on 22 September 3018 of the Third Age. The Ruling Ring was destroyed on 25 March 3019. Using the birthdates found at The Encyclopedia of Arda you can determine how old each member of the Fellowship was during their adventures. For instance, Sam was born on 6 April 2980, making him 38 years old. At 28, Pippin was the youngest.
    Which makes it ironic that Billy Boyd was the oldest of the four, while Elijah Wood was the youngest.

Exclamation

How old people looks is not the same as how old people are. Genes & lifestyle can significantly alter the aging process. They have to pick a actor that fits the description of the appearance of character not that have the same age the character. If we do the second we will be screwed trying to find a actor for all over 100 years old characters like: Legolas, Gimly, Elrond, Glorifindel, Lady Galadriel, Gandalf, Saruman, etc.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Zitat Zitat von YamydeAragon Beitrag anzeigen
    They have to pick a actor that fits the description of the appearance of character not that have the same age the character.
    But they didn't, not for Frodo as he ought to have looked a good deal older than Elijah Wood did then. The others look about right. Hence what Lauregil said - that they picked a guy who was quite obviously the youngest to play the oldest of the four hobbits.

Zitat Zitat von Radhruin_EU Beitrag anzeigen
    But they didn't, not for Frodo as he ought to have looked a good deal older than Elijah Wood did then. The others look about right. Hence what Lauregil said - that they picked a guy who was quite obviously the youngest to play the oldest of the four hobbits.
    As i recall from the books Frodo description goes as he is taller, thinner & age slower than most hobbits. This happened a bit because his particular decendance & the other bit cause the influence of the ring. It also say that he is pale with black curly abundant hair. Also he just reached adulthood on hobbit years (18 to 25 look for a modern human). I think all this fit the actor look. They still have to fit his size in relation with the tall men (nothing hard with the marvels of computers). There is more than direct descriptions that help decide how they will look, like their genealogy. The hobbits have different house that decended from short men that arrived at The Shire in different times & each house have different characteristics. The hobbits werent a homogenius species but a heterogenius acumulation of short men races that decided to live in the same country.
    Geändert von YamydeAragon (13.10.2013 um 11:53 Uhr)

As i recall from the books Frodo description goes as he is taller, thinner & age slower than most hobbits. This happened a bit because his particular decendance & the other bit cause the influence of the ring. It also say that he is pale with black curly abundant hair. Also he just reached adulthood on hobbit years (18 to 25 look for a modern human). I think all this fit the actor look. They still have to fit his size in relation with the tall men (nothing hard with the marvels of computers). There is more than direct descriptions that help decide how they will look, like their genealogy. The hobbits have different house that decended from short men that arrived at The Shire in different times & each house have different characteristics. The hobbits werent a homogenius species but a heterogenius acumulation of short men races that decided to live in the same country.
    More like PJ & Co. did away with such fine distinctions at the same time they eliminated the years that passed after Bilbo left the Shire.

A healthy diet, keeping your weight low, exercise, drinking mostly water, and not sun tanning (Skin cancer and wrinkles when your older) are all benefactors of looking younger. I'm 24, but I look 18-19 due to my healthy habits and life stlye.

Zitat Zitat von Goodgoing Beitrag anzeigen
    A healthy diet, keeping your weight low, exercise, drinking mostly water, and not sun tanning (Skin cancer and wrinkles when your older) are all benefactors of looking younger. I'm 24, but I look 18-19 due to my healthy habits and life stlye.
    This is very truth, is beeing only a couple weeks since the last time someone confused me with a teenager & i passed the teen years some decades ago, all because the healthy habbits. Hmmn... that just reminded me: hobbits, habbits.

Zitat Zitat von Goodgoing Beitrag anzeigen
    A healthy diet, keeping your weight low, exercise, drinking mostly water, and not sun tanning
    doesn't really sum up your typical hobbit though
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Zitat Zitat von tuor66 Beitrag anzeigen

I cannot stop laughing....ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I am prety sure that a diet of bacon & eggs, bisquits & tea, are healthier than a diet of coke, cigarates & popcorn any time.

I am prety sure that a diet of bacon & eggs, bisquits & tea, are healthier than a diet of coke, cigarates & popcorn any time.
    probably so but what about the pipeweed and ale consumption effects over time? Good thing this is fantasy
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Exclamation

probably so but what about the pipeweed and ale consumption effects over time? Good thing this is fantasy
    Well... 1 bit of pipeweed a day is less than 1 whole box of cigarates. 1 tankard of ale on Fridays is less than 2 6-packs. Also Frodo was well known because he liked to run in the camp. He was a healthy person.

Also Frodo was well known because he liked to run in the camp.

Is that an euphemism for something else perhaps?

Zitat Zitat von Wolfhelm Beitrag anzeigen
    Is that an euphemism for something else perhaps?
    I don't know what nasty thoughts you got cause im talking about what Tolkiens wrote. Sometimes is good to don't let your mind loose & comments even insinuations like that are forbiden in the comunity guidelines # 21: https://www.lotro.com/en/content/community-guidelines .

I don't know what nasty thoughts you got cause im talking about what Tolkiens wrote. Sometimes is good to don't let your mind loose & comments even insinuations like that are forbiden in the comunity guidelines # 21: https://www.lotro.com/en/content/community-guidelines .
    Settle down kiddo, I made a light hearted joke, if you think there was anything sinister I was alluding to maybe you need to get your mind out of the gutter

But seriously, what exactly do you mean by "Frodo was well known because he liked to run in the camp", I've been trying to work out what you mean by that, and I honestly haven't got a clue. You say your talking about what Tolkien wrote, could you find a quote please where Tolkien says anything even vaguely similar to that? Thanks in advance

Well, Frodo got the ring at the age of thirty-three (coming of age for a hobbit). As since then, his appearance didn't change at all due to his possession of the One Ring.

A description of Bilbo's aging process in the books.
    "At ninety he was much the same as fifty. At ninety-nine they began to call him well-preserved ; but unchanged would have been nearer the mark."

So the actors actually do represent their Hobbits and their ages pretty well.
    ~ Signed by Siem

Well, Gandalf privately did think of Frodo as the best hobbit in the Shire.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

The civilisation that invented golf not exercising? Not to mention that they aren't exactly travelling to all those parties by car.

Oh well, at least the members of the quick post should be fairly fit.

Cool

I think it's also important to note that Hobbits are likened to children a few times in the books, and not just because of their physicality. They seem to have a more care-free attitude in general; they are more affectionate than we see Men being; they are given over to merriment more often and less burdened by terror (think of Pippin and the Palantir).

So besides their natural lifespan (which is longer than Men, as has been noted), they generally maintain a more youthful look than we Men do. So I don't usually have a problem with Bilbo (during The Hobbit) or Frodo being represented as someone who looks younger than a 50-year-old man.

Another thing when discussing the film is that they skip the whole 17 years (or however long it was) between the Party and Frodo's departure from Bag End, so he would be younger when he left even if the timeline doesn't add up. Besides, I've come to feel that Elijah Wood pretty well nailed the character so his youth is forgivable
    [center][b][color=gray]Dedoric[/color] || [color=royalblue]Rocso[/color][/b] of [url=http://guild-sanctuary.com/lotro]Sanctuary[/url]
    [size=1][[url=http://lotroplayers.com]LOTROPlayers[/url]]
    [[url=http://greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com]The Grey Company Podcast[/url]]
    [[url=http://masteroflore.wordpress.com]Master of Lore blog[/url]][/size]
    [/center]