Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13

Looking for someone to confirm my understanding of LIs and leveling

If I slot a new level 85 LI , I will get 6 chances to reforge (assuming I don't add the extra 10 levels).

The Level 10, 20, and 30 reforges ADD an extra legacy to the LI. Levels 40, 50, and 60 give me the chance to upgrade a legacy. Is this correct?

Assuming the above is correct, then is it true that the best time to swap a legacy for another one is after the level 30 reforge and before the level 40 reforge. Is this correct?

From the point of view of trying to get scrolls that allow you to exchange a legacy for a different legacy the best level to deconstruct is after the level 30 reforge. Is this correct?

Question: If I'm trying to get scrolls to exchange legacies is there any advantage to using level 76 versus level 85 LIs? [or somewhere in between?}

Sorry for dumb questions. Just trying to piece together what I have read across many posts and threads.
    “[I]It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway…[/I].” Eeyore
    “[I]But maybe it will have honey or even something better[/I]!!” -- Pooh

Zitat Zitat von SavinDwarf Beitrag anzeigen
    If I slot a new level 85 LI , I will get 6 chances to reforge (assuming I don't add the extra 10 levels).
    Correct.

The Level 10, 20, and 30 reforges ADD an extra legacy to the LI. Levels 40, 50, and 60 give me the chance to upgrade a legacy. Is this correct?
    Correct.

Assuming the above is correct, then is it true that the best time to swap a legacy for another one is after the level 30 reforge and before the level 40 reforge. Is this correct?
    Correct.

From the point of view of trying to get scrolls that allow you to exchange a legacy for a different legacy the best level to deconstruct is after the level 30 reforge. Is this correct?
    You need to deconstruct at or above level 31 as far as I'm aware (I just level then to 60 myself so I can't say for sure, but it's over 30 for sure).

Question: If I'm trying to get scrolls to exchange legacies is there any advantage to using level 76 versus level 85 LIs? [or somewhere in between?}
    No difference at all except possibly purchase price/ease of obtaining.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

All correct except the first response was wrong in stating you can't extract a legacy scroll at level 30. You can. The only difference between a lev 30 decon and a lev 31 or higher decon is the size of the IXP rune and the number and tier of relics. The IXP size increases at levels 11, 21, 31, 41, and 51, so in the old days we always deconned at level 31 instead of level 30. However, now that we have stacks and stacks of unused IXP runes in our vaults, there is no longer any reason to wait until 31 to decon, so if you are level 85, its best to decon at 30 if you are trying to extract a legacy scroll, otherwise the optimal decon level is 60. Incidentally, if you slot a tier 1 setting, gem and rune into the level 60 before decon, you will greatly increase the yield of relics, usually generating extra T7 relics.

Zitat Zitat von MithrielWielder Beitrag anzeigen
    Incidentally, if you slot a tier 1 setting, gem and rune into the level 60 before decon, you will greatly increase the yield of relics, usually generating extra T7 relics.
    WOW!! I never even guessed that. For it to work you need one in each of the three slots (setting, gem, rune) as opposed to one in one of the slots?

Thanks for that tip!!.
    “[I]It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway…[/I].” Eeyore
    “[I]But maybe it will have honey or even something better[/I]!!” -- Pooh

Incidentally, if you slot a tier 1 setting, gem and rune into the level 60 before decon, you will greatly increase the yield of relics, usually generating extra T7 relics.
    That sounds like superstition to me. What's the highest number of relics you've gotten in this manner?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

As Frisco already hinted at, this is not the case.
    The deconstruction result has nothing to do with the relics that had been slotted before.

What you see (T7 relics) is, instead, the result of a change regarding items that have been leveled to their cap.
    Where the result was not different between a 51 and a 60 deconstruction before that change, it now is.
    Thanks to that, it now (finally) makes sense to level stuff to 60 (vs. 51).

Also, the the higher the item "band", the higher the relics (85-76 yield T7, 75-66 T6 and so on).

HTH,
    SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

Levels 40, 50, and 60 give me the chance to upgrade a legacy. Is this correct?
    I have never seen this explained in simple terms, although doubtless there are numerous posts etc. that I've missed!

At those higher "major" level-ups you are given the choice of two legacies to add to the LI exactly the same as at the lower "major" level-ups. The difference is that one (or possibly both - I don't know) of the legacies may already be present on your LI.

If you select a legacy that is already present instead of adding a new legacy the tier of that legacy is incremented.

If you have not selected to refund the points, just the points you have already spent on that legacy are refunded. You can then spend those points of that legacy and as the "cost" will be lower you will end up with spare points

Hope this helps

Zitat Zitat von ILoveLilyAllen Beitrag anzeigen
    At those higher "major" level-ups you are given the choice of two legacies to add to the LI exactly the same as at the lower "major" level-ups. The difference is that one (or possibly both - I don't know) of the legacies may already be present on your LI.

If you select a legacy that is already present instead of adding a new legacy the tier of that legacy is incremented.
    This is incorrect.

Reforges at 40, 50, 60 (and, if a scroll of delving has been used, 70) do NOT add legacies. Instead, you get the choice of two legacies ALREADY PRESENT on the item (and not already T6) and you pick the one that gets its tier increased by one.

ONLY reforges at 10, 20 and 30 add legacies (plus the new-fangled crystal that lets you add one major slot).

HTH,
    SNy

If this were true then we would be seeing players running about with nine or ten legacies on their LIs.

Have you ever seen that?

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Zitat Zitat von WBS Beitrag anzeigen
    If this were true then we would be seeing players running about with nine or ten legacies on their LIs.

Have you ever seen that?
    Good point, and the answer is "No". But there again I rarely inspect other players and analyse their LIs!

I join with many other people who have posted in this LI section bemoaning the lack of a simple "idiot's guide" or equivalent to the LI system. There are quite a few places which contain useful facts but without dedicating oneself for countless hours to troughing through technical stuff there's nothing I know of which gives a complete and accurate up-to-date picture explained clearly and concisely. The beginners' guides are very good but only go so far, for example.

Take an example from the initial post - "The Level 10, 20, and 30 reforges ADD an extra legacy to the LI. Levels 40, 50, and 60 give me the chance to upgrade a legacy. Is this correct?". The wording used here is quite similar to what I remember from the guides and posts elsewhere. The implication to me and presumably I'm not the only one is that there is a random opportunity to upgrade - and this is what I have experienced in the game. So far I've just taken the opportunity to increment the tier of existing legacies!

By making a mistake I have now learnt something that in my humble opinion has not been made clear beforehand. Thank you

Good point, and the answer is "No". But there again I rarely inspect other players and analyse their LIs!
    Inspecting other people and taking a look at their LI configuration can actually help to get a bit of an insight in what is generally considered useful.

I join with many other people who have posted in this LI section bemoaning the lack of a simple "idiot's guide" or equivalent to the LI system. There are quite a few places which contain useful facts but without dedicating oneself for countless hours to troughing through technical stuff there's nothing I know of which gives a complete and accurate up-to-date picture explained clearly and concisely. The beginners' guides are very good but only go so far, for example.
    Again, while having some merit, this puts the blame on the guide authors, whereas it would better be cast onto those that fabricated this overly complicated mess called the legendary item system.

Take an example from the initial post - "The Level 10, 20, and 30 reforges ADD an extra legacy to the LI. Levels 40, 50, and 60 give me the chance to upgrade a legacy. Is this correct?". The implication to me and presumably I'm not the only one is that there is a random opportunity to upgrade - and this is what I have experienced in the game. So far I've just taken the opportunity to increment the tier of existing legacies!
    Well, incrementing the tier of existing legacies is exactly what "upgrading a legacy" means. And yes, the choice is random (though it appears the randomness there has taken a dive, as well). So, not sure what the problem was with the wording.

SNy

Take an example from the initial post - "The Level 10, 20, and 30 reforges ADD an extra legacy to the LI. Levels 40, 50, and 60 give me the chance to upgrade a legacy. Is this correct?". The wording used here is quite similar to what I remember from the guides and posts elsewhere. The implication to me and presumably I'm not the only one is that there is a random opportunity to upgrade - and this is what I have experienced in the game. So far I've just taken the opportunity to increment the tier of existing legacies!
    You raise a very valid point here and one that I missed before. There is a tendancy among people that understand a system like this to just read it from that point of understanding and not from the point of view of someone that doesn't, which is what we should endevour to do.

I'll try to do that more in my replies on the forums in the future, but no guarantees, I'm only human, I think.

Zitat Zitat von SNy-lotrolinux-EU Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, incrementing the tier of existing legacies is exactly what "upgrading a legacy" means. And yes, the choice is random (though it appears the randomness there has taken a dive, as well). So, not sure what the problem was with the wording.
    After looking again I saw the issue with the wording that I missed at first. It was where it said "Levels 40, 50, and 60 give me the chance to upgrade a legacy". This could be seen as maybe you can upgrade a legacy, maybe you can do something else and ILoveLilyAllen saw it that way.