Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 18 von 18

Firefern Converter Down

Is it just me? If not, anybody know what's up or how to reach Mirar?
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel
    ===============================
    "...you don't have to have blood-ties to get a family feeling about a person ...I have a belief
    that a man's real relatives are scattered throughout the universe, and seldom if ever belong
    to his immediate kin."...."Little Big Man"....Thomas Berger

It isn't just you. Several folks in my kin have also reported it being down.

This has happened a few times before and has always come back up withing a few days. This time though is a first for me, as I have never seen it 404 before. Lets hope all is well with Mirar and that this problem can soon be fixed

It's been down now for over a week .... the 404 could mean that the Web site was pulled down for some reason or other.
    Pity, because Firefern, in my humble opinion is the best program that I have found for converting Midi to ABC.
    Unless some other GURU can come up with something similar, I guess we are all stuck on the Waiting Platform to see what happens.

I have been in contact with Mirar for a little while regarding the converter and he has decided he no longer wishes to maintain the system.

I have offered to take over the project and Mirar has accepted. At last check, he was working to package up the system to transfer control over to me. I do not have any details I can offer as of yet, but I do plan to make the system available for use by the LOTRO community again as soon as humanly possible.

Once it is back up and fully operational in it's current state, I do plan to resume development and start expanding it's capabilities. I have a few other LOTRO music system related projects I am working on as well, so hopefully they will be available in the near future as well.

[center][FONT=papyrus][color=cyan]Rathinosk[/color] ([color=lightblue]Champion[/color]) • [color=cyan]Rathlaer[/color] ([color=lightblue]Minstrel[/color]) • [color=cyan]Rathdhae[/color] ([color=lightblue]Burglar[/color]) • [color=cyan]Rathveleg[/color] ([color=lightblue]Warden[/color])
    [color=red]Rathgash[/color] ([color=brown]Stalker[/color]) • [color=red]Rathlhingril[/color] ([color=brown]Weaver[/color]) • [color=red]Rathurzu[/color] ([color=brown]Warleader[/color])
    [color=gold][SIZE=3]Officer of the [B]Runic Knights[/B], Transcriber for the [B]Runic Knights Orchestra[/B] (RKO)[/SIZE][/color]
    [/FONT][/center]

~hugs~
    On behalf of so many of us. Thank you!
    *does a happy hobbit dance*

Oh, a thousand thank you's! Thanks to Mirar for having made it possible and to Rathinosk for being willing to carry it forward. We can hardly wait!

I don't know how you feel about this, but if donations were needed to keep up the site, I bet a paypal button might find use. I certainly would give it a click from time to time! Don't beat me for being bourgeoisie; just trying to be realistic and since we can't download it as a program to our computers, I don't want to see it disappear again!
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel
    "...you don't have to have blood-ties to get a family feeling about a person ...I have a belief
    that a man's real relatives are scattered throughout the universe, and seldom if ever belong

Firefern/Mirar: 's sad to hear yer not continuing with the converter yerself. But that aside: Me most heartfelt thanks and gratitude fer the service yer have offered over the years. I have heard some outstanding results from the converter, and I have spent way too much time with it meself, tinkering with tunes because it was just so much fun! Once again, thank yer!
    *curtsies and offers a plate of biscuits*

Rathinosk: That's some grand news! Thank yer fer yer efforts to keep the converter going! I look forward to see what new tricks yer have up yer sleeves, so these are exciting times indeed!
    *curtsies and offers another plate of biscuits*

Dang, I'll run out of biscuits at this rate... Well, there's more jars!
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom, http://www.lostmathom.org/
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow, http://bit.ly/nDJ31E

Firefern/Mirar and Rathinosk. You guys are wonderful! Thanks a lot.

Thumbs up

What would we do without you, Firefern and Rathinosk! Thank you for all the work!!!
    *supports Lina with some freshly baked catfish cakes*

I add my thanks to Mirar for all the work in the past in supporting this fantastic tool. And wonderful news that it will continue with Rathinosk.

Now, just to soothe my withdrawal symptoms - are you able to offer an ETA for when we can get back to transcribing?
    Jobbing musician that resides in Bree. Frequenter of Taverns and places of ill repute

I was a huge fan of Firefern/Mirar's converter and relied on it heavily myself. I was always antsy when it went down, thinking about going back to the older tools and having to fix drums manually again - it made me shudder just thinking about it. That was the reason I hunted him down in the first place.

That being said, I am hoping to get it back up and running as soon as possible. I am currently waiting for Mirar to finish packing up the system in it's current state. And yes, as it stands currently, all accounts and files should be preserved in this transition.

Once Mirar has delivered the source code and data, I will proceed to making the system operational on my in-house development host. Once I have things running fine there, I will be able to copy it out to a public host and open it to everyone. If I need to make code changes during the process, it will add some time, but I cannot estimate at this point.

After I am sure it is reasonably stable, I will probably open a forum to accept bug reports and feature requests. From that point, I suppose the sky is the limit.

On a side note: If you are on Landroval tonight at 9:00pm /servertime - be sure to stop by Bree and catch the concert by the Runic Knights Orchestra (RKO) - our lineup for tonight does include a number of tunes I transcribed with this converter. I should be there as Rathlaer and/or Rathlam.
    Geändert von Rathinosk (17.07.2013 um 13:26 Uhr)
    [center][FONT=papyrus][color=cyan]Rathinosk[/color] ([color=lightblue]Champion[/color]) • [color=cyan]Rathlaer[/color] ([color=lightblue]Minstrel[/color]) • [color=cyan]Rathdhae[/color] ([color=lightblue]Burglar[/color]) • [color=cyan]Rathveleg[/color] ([color=lightblue]Warden[/color])
    [color=red]Rathgash[/color] ([color=brown]Stalker[/color]) • [color=red]Rathlhingril[/color] ([color=brown]Weaver[/color]) • [color=red]Rathurzu[/color] ([color=brown]Warleader[/color])
    [color=gold][SIZE=3]Officer of the [B]Runic Knights[/B], Transcriber for the [B]Runic Knights Orchestra[/B] (RKO)[/SIZE][/color]
    [/FONT][/center]

Thanks a lot Miramar & Rathisnok.

Red face

I would like to add my voice and thanks Firefern/Mirar for creating and running this amazing tool for all these years allowing the musical community in LOTRO to develop and flourish. I have wonderful memories of learning to use the converter, all the tries and errors, the frustration sometime, and the immense joy when I created my very first ABC file using a midi of 'Memory' from the musical Cats, to this day it is still one of my favorite tunes that, as the title say, brings back memories.

So thank you from the heart Firefern for all the help and support over the years, of course it is sad to see it down now now we have Rathinosk getting ready to take over ( thank you kindly for that) and even develop the tool further ( which would be wonderful ) . As we wait patiently for the converter to come back online, I shall treasure all the tunes I created over the years

May the hair on your feet never fall, Firefern, you are a star!

Just as an update : As of yesterday, I have the source code for the Firefern ABC Converter and should be able to start my initial (in-house) testing next week. I will NOT make it publicly accessible until I'm sure it is at least reasonably stable.

When I make the server public, I will post a link in a new thread both here and on a few of other community sites. If you used a valid email to register on the original Firefern site, I may even send out an email notification when the site is back up.
    [/FONT][/center]

Red face Splendid News!

Zitat Zitat von Rathinosk Beitrag anzeigen
    Just as an update : As of yesterday, I have the source code for the Firefern ABC Converter and should be able to start my initial (in-house) testing next week. I will NOT make it publicly accessible until I'm sure it is at least reasonably stable.

When I make the server public, I will post a link in a new thread both here and on a few of other community sites. If you used a valid email to register on the original Firefern site, I may even send out an email notification when the site is back up.
    This is wonderful news, Rathinosk *cheers* good luck with the testing and looking forward to the new site coming online when it is ready, so thanks again Rathinosk, if you need a cup of coffee and muffins feel free to ask

Thanks for the update, Rath! You know how antsy us internet game playing type people are about wanting to know what's going on! That should hold us for at least.......another week.
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel

I hope the testing goes well and it works like it did before. Question...does this mean all the songs on it before will remain? I was still working on a few things and was curious if I have to start from scratch lol