Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12

How would you describe this server?

Hello,

Been poking around this server, been thinking of coming back after quitting about 4 years ago. How would you describe it? Low, medium, high pop? Economy? Lots of RP'ers? Hardcore or casual? Thanks.

Cool

We may be not the most populated server, I would have to say we are busy 24/7 with the folks here. You can find alot of RPers/Raiders/Casual types.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5803123Yshot.png[/img][/url]
    In Middle Earth from Beta 2

Cool

Forums double posting.
    Geändert von Rebarty (17.06.2013 um 11:23 Uhr)
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5803123Yshot.png[/img][/url]
    In Middle Earth from Beta 2

How would you describe this server?
    Black, about 19" wide, some blinkenlights.

Kind of interesting to note that we have more threads in the forum than any server but Brandywine, Elendilmir and Landroval.

I suppose we're "chatty".

I suppose we're somewhere in the middle, population-wise. And as Rebarty said, we're welcoming to all sorts of playstyles. I've noticed more cooperation between players of different kinships here than I've seen elsewhere. And even though our GLFF has its moments, on the whole it is far better than the global channels of most other servers.

I've spent some time on 7 other servers, including two of the most populous and two of the least populous, and Crickhollow tops them all in my book. I left behind 7 cap level characters (or capped out at the time) and many longtime friends after a month on this server. I found a great kinship the day Crickhollow opened and it's the home I was always looking for but could never find elsewhere. The community is filled with so many kind and helpful people.

You may decide that this is not the best server for you. You will find many more people on Brandywine, a much smaller community on Withywindle, more raiding on Elendimir, or more RP on Landroval and Laurelin. But I believe we've got a lot to offer here in every aspect of the game. If you stick with Crickhollow, feel free to look me up on Rosalie if you have any questions as you get reacquainted with the game.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at http://lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit http://secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.com & http://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Second Breakfast's weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crickhollow has more casual players and RP'ers then most anything else. At present during peak times we have around 150 in GLFF (usually on the lower side). If you're casual, a solo player, or RP'er, then this is the server for you. If you are interested in hard core raiding, there's only about 3ish kins that are completing T2 and T2C content and these types of groups some times don't even get to run content because they can't find the people (when they need replacements). Honestly, if you're into hard core raiding, then you'd be better on a larger server.

As far as the economy- it's really silly. Price are incredibly high. The prices difference between a larger server like Eldar and a small one like Crick is like comparing prices between Arkansas and New York City. There's a very high cost of living on Crick.

The other side of the coin in the high prices discussion, is that, if you are a new player, and you don't mind farming scholar/ore/ etc. nodes and rep items, you can get financially well off quite soon.

Filled with mostly kind casual players. A few socialize a lot and spend time either trying to tell others what prices to sell things at or worrying about how others play their game. Just a guess but I would say most players fit into the young, unemployed or have a small social life bracket. If this offends some people then they obviously fit into this bracket.

I've stuck around here and I like what I see. There are enough people around, even in the newbie areas where I play. Most of the people I've come across are really nice. The only downside is like someone said prices are a bit ridiculous, especially for lower level stuff.

Crickhollow: My Experience

There exists a need for balance on the Crickhollow server regarding two very strong but different types of players that greatly effect and control the atmosphere there. It is not suggested that either extreme is better or worse than the other, or that there does not already exist a lot of gray area. Rather, in defining what is a safe and intermediary approach, it is useful to consider these two standards. Generally speaking, Lore-enthusiasts gravitate toward role-playing but are not necessarily gamers. Gamers are not necessarily role-players or particularly concerned about the Lore.

Many people might have never played a massive multi-player online role-playing game (mmorpg) before, were it not for Lotro. Their interest and willingness is likely rooted in an enthusiasm for J.R.R. Tolkien's books, the Peter Jackson movies, the 1970's cartoon movies, etc. While it is not formally considered a role-playing server, Crickhollow does maintain a sizable role-playing community, and interest continues to develop among new players. Unfortunately, some role-players eventually become frustrated in their attempt to learn about or participate in Middle-Earth through role-playing, due to the incessant one-upmanship that can take place by those who claim to esteem and uphold the Lore in highest regard. This tendency is an affront to the spirit with which Middle-Earth was created, however, and lacks generosity in introducing genuinely interested newcomers to a richer and fuller playing experience.

At the same time, many players may find Lotro entertaining, but probably have little to no interest in the books or the movies at all. To them Lotro may very well be just another game. Anyone who has ever given a listen to the GLFF channel on Crickhollow, may have noticed an overly-saturated machismo environment driven by statistical gaming jargon and the heralding of trophies and treasures. This established norm, is short-sighted and not altogether beneficial because it is an attempt to formulaically package the entire gaming experience into what amounts to an endless chase after the proverbial carrot at the end of a stick. When buffs and rewards are upheld as the primary objective before any kind of shared gaming experience, an appreciation for the Lore naturally subsides, and an individualistic mind-set will forever remain unquenched in its thirst for power.

Don't come back for the PvP. Unless u like zerg, zerg, zerg.