Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19

Thema: Rp Servers

Rp Servers

I am trying to find which servers have the most RP traffic. I love to RP but haven't found a good server to RP on in about 2 years.

Laurelin or Landroval. I prefer Laurelin (sorry, Fionnuala - it isn't personal!)

Laurelin was in origin a European, English-language server chosen by EU players to be an RP server at the outset. It has a smaller North American population, but this is growing, and its RP community is very well-established with a good support structure through a third party website, the Laurelin Archives.

Landroval is also very busy, and would be my recommendation to anyone eager to explore the player music system in-depth. Its RP designation came rather later, I understand, and some folks have had trouble with griefers on that account.

EDIT - Looking a little deeper, I find that Landy is managed under different guidelines from Laurie, which ties the hands of the GMs to an extent in regards to RP griefing. The full story on RP server designations can be read here: http://support.turbine.com/link/port...les-and-Policy
    Geändert von Aestivan (12.06.2013 um 21:28 Uhr)

The renowned griefing/trolling by one particular griefer in 2012 is not an issue anymore on Landroval.

The biggest differences nowadays is:
    -Laurelin's prime time is in the EU evenings, while Landroval's prime time is in the NA evenings. They both have players who play during the less active times as well.
    -No naming policy on Landroval, so you'll see 'randomnpc' or 'refridgerator' running about.

There is plenty of heavy RP on Landroval; the number of plots I've been in only these last six months alone is fairly numerous. While Landy is also known for their music community, it is hardly the only thing that happens, RP-wise, on that server.

My recommendation would be to give both a shot for a time and see which one you prefer.. you may end up liking both.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

Both servers sport many community events, including musical events. Both have a lot of roleplayers. So, I agree with Laire about trying both out and seeing how you like the "fit" and various styles of RP.

As an aside, "Randomnpc" isn't just another "I couldn't think of anything else" or "I think this name's uber" name. He's actually a roleplay alt who takes up whatever "random" or extraneous/temporary role is needed in various plotlines. He has died gloriously many times over for the good of RP...

-Goldrush
    Geändert von GoldrushSE (13.06.2013 um 14:49 Uhr)

I find that the two servers are a lot more similar than people like to think they are. The big difference really is the time zones, especially for scheduled events. Events on Landy are usualy scheduled during NA friendly hours and events on Laurelin are scheduled for EU friendly hours. This makes it much easier for NA people to function on Laurelin, since evening for them is in the middle of the day for us while evening for NA is in the middle of the night for them. (Though I know one crazy Dane who comes to all my events regardless.)
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

The history of rp servers in LOTRO seems to be faded into the dim past. As an Elf who has lived many ages let me relate to you the story... *searches for his harp and pulls it from a leather bag*

*fingerings of notes punctuate his melodious words*

In the first age of 2006/7 the roleplay community who tested the game before it was widely known, wanted a roleplay server. They wanted a server where Turbine would protect them from griefers and other miscreants that barged in on what they enjoyed. Turbine's response was that an MMORPG was just that "a roleplaying game" and that a server dedicated to roleplay was not needed.

The roleplaying (lore-loving) community decided to take roleplaying into their own hands and designate their own server. There was a slight problem however. The roleplaying community was divided into those who wanted the game players to KNOW which server was a roleplaying one, and those who wanted to hide from the general game players for fear of ... TROLLS. Half the community went to Landroval and the other half went to Elendilmir. Can you guess which server came out on top? Indeed. Landroval was the un-designated player-designated roleplay server. Elendilmir fell from the grace of the roleplayers due to lack of new roleplayers and many of those who started there moved to Landroval.

Are you confused yet? *smiles and continues*

Now, sometime in the second age, those who live across the sea were brought into the circles of the North American world servers and another problem cropped up. It seems that the Vala who protected these new servers had agreed to help roleplaying out by protecting roleplay on several of its servers, one of which was the (English speaking) Laurelin server. Thus Turbine had to honor the agreement made by the Vala to the people on Laurelin. Thus we have two roleplay servers, Landroval and Laurelin, yet one - Landroval - merely a Roleplay Encouraged server because the Valar refused to honor any roleplay designated server.

Now here we are, at the end of the third age, many are confused or have listened to the stories of those who had not been in contact with their histories. Truth be told, both Landroval and Laurelin are roleplay servers with little difference except the time their peoples are most active. Roleplay is vibrant on both servers if you know where and how to look for it. Lore appropriate roleplay is also active within the roleplay community, again, if you know how to look for it.

If you tend to come in to roleplay in the evening hours in North America then Landroval will be much more crowded with other roleplayers. If you are in Europe or enjoy playing in the daytime in North America then Laurelin would be much more crowded with roleplayers. OR - you might like to try both.

*with a flourish of notes the Elf smiles and returns his harp to the bag*
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

Zitat Zitat von Laurefinde Beitrag anzeigen
    The history of rp servers in LOTRO seems to be faded into the dim past. As an Elf who has lived many ages let me relate to you the story... *searches for his harp and pulls it from a leather bag*

*fingerings of notes punctuate his melodious words*

In the first age of 2006/7 the roleplay community who tested the game before it was widely known, wanted a roleplay server. They wanted a server where Turbine would protect them from griefers and other miscreants that barged in on what they enjoyed. Turbine's response was that an MMORPG was just that "a roleplaying game" and that a server dedicated to roleplay was not needed.

The roleplaying (lore-loving) community decided to take roleplaying into their own hands and designate their own server. There was a slight problem however. The roleplaying community was divided into those who wanted the game players to KNOW which server was a roleplaying one, and those who wanted to hide from the general game players for fear of ... TROLLS. Half the community went to Landroval and the other half went to Elendilmir. Can you guess which server came out on top? Indeed. Landroval was the un-designated player-designated roleplay server. Elendilmir fell from the grace of the roleplayers due to lack of new roleplayers and many of those who started there moved to Landroval.

Are you confused yet? *smiles and continues*

Now, sometime in the second age, those who live across the sea were brought into the circles of the North American world servers and another problem cropped up. It seems that the Vala who protected these new servers had agreed to help roleplaying out by protecting roleplay on several of its servers, one of which was the (English speaking) Laurelin server. Thus Turbine had to honor the agreement made by the Vala to the people on Laurelin. Thus we have two roleplay servers, Landroval and Laurelin, yet one - Landroval - merely a Roleplay Encouraged server because the Valar refused to honor any roleplay designated server.

Now here we are, at the end of the third age, many are confused or have listened to the stories of those who had not been in contact with their histories. Truth be told, both Landroval and Laurelin are roleplay servers with little difference except the time their peoples are most active. Roleplay is vibrant on both servers if you know where and how to look for it. Lore appropriate roleplay is also active within the roleplay community, again, if you know how to look for it.

If you tend to come in to roleplay in the evening hours in North America then Landroval will be much more crowded with other roleplayers. If you are in Europe or enjoy playing in the daytime in North America then Laurelin would be much more crowded with roleplayers. OR - you might like to try both.

*with a flourish of notes the Elf smiles and returns his harp to the bag*
    Big thanks Now i can use my RP Skill , which i always wanted to test here , but in Brandywine nobody rps ( Its my main server , bit sad that i have to start over , i achieved alot , but alright , everything for RP I've played GTA RP for 3 years

I take RP where I find it. I mostly play on Landroval lately, but also Laurelin and somewhat surprisingly, I find RP on Withywindle, which is where I started out playing back in April.

Just turn your RP label on and be willing to have some patience. Some people are friendly to the idea of RP but have no clue or experience, so just be kind and let people be as "IC" as they're comfortable with.

I think a lot of hardcore RPers tend to weird out the casual player who is otherwise happy to chat ICly. The only thing approaching the obnoxiousness of the troll/hater type is the RPer who wants to split hairs over lore with someone who's just wanting a somewhat deeper game experience than the usual bug-hunting that forms the core MMO experience.

I love hearing the history from one so wise and experienced. We macintosh elves only arrived a few months ago!

Crickhollow also has a fine bunch of RPrs and writers, if you're ever looking for a vacation spot.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...rp-ooc-channel
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...of-Crickhollow
    http://my.lotro.com/user-969911/
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=#ff0000]Currently serving [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Brecfes[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] on every world....[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Withywilde has a decent amount of RPers

Come to Crickhollow ; Use Caution When visiting Mos Eisley

Zitat Zitat von EmyrSelyf Beitrag anzeigen
    Crickhollow also has a fine bunch of RPrs and writers, if you're ever looking for a vacation spot.

Not sure if ElessarMelwasu11 is still searching for a good role-playing server or not, or how intense a role-playing experience s/he is looking for. Also unclear what is meant by referring to Crickhollow as a "Vacation Spot". The role-playing on Crickhollow, in my experience, is very militaristic. There are a bunch of us running around with white text floating above our heads instead of the dull yellow. Most enjoy using emotes and socializing (both in and ooc), especially in and around the P.Pony. This is where most of the noticeable activity takes place, especially on weekends. Sometimes Roll-Players and TRoll-Players go head to head there though, which can be tiring and a bore. Sometimes the rp there is just plain combative, though it can be energizing and good fodder when/if you're operating on a settled stomach. I tend to stay away and enjoy random rp where I can find it, or attend organized rp events with my Kinship, Daro a Maetho. There are a number of mature, intelligent, and enthusiastic role-players on Crickhollow who care very deeply about a total immersion experience into the world which Turbine/Lotro has afforded us. You just have to sift for it, which I would imagine is much like any other server. Its the people who genuinely want to learn how to role-play but land themselves in Bree-Town that I feel for. The Prancing Pony is to Bree as Mos Eisley is to Tatooine.

"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker

Zitat Zitat von EmyrSelyf Beitrag anzeigen

Please no. Crickhollow isn't a RP server. If you want to RP then go

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...les-and-Policy

Stay off my crickhollow.

It seems like the previous poster is hostile to the idea of Crickhollow being called an "RP server". I'm not sure why that would be, except the poster has the notion that some sort of rules will be enforced about RP?

Allow this RPer to reassure you, Helock. The rules you reference are not all that well enforced on Laurelin that I can see. People run around like nuts with crazy names in Laurelin, Landroval and any other server. Roleplayers do their thing and ignore it for the most part.

For most people, the concept of roleplay just means interacting within the context of the setting. Not enforcing a bunch of rules on behavior on other people. There are some RP fussbudgets out there, but they don't seem to have a whole lot of impact on anyone's play style that I can see.

which server (Laurelin or Landroval) has the most players?

If numbers on the Server Forums are any indication, Landroval has more players (Landroval Threads: 6,167; Landroval Posts: 126,390 --- Laurelin Threads: 976; Laurelin Posts: 14,609). Crickhollow incidentally has 1,945 Threads, and 19,262 Posts.

As for some role-players being "fussbudgets," it can be slightly annoying while enjoying Middle-earth and your path crosses the likes of less than creatively named characters like "Jake Fromstatefarm" or "Thebigman" or "Mrboombastic" (being a song by 'Shaggy' I was told). Others are either somewhat amusing or leave one not knowing what to think (ex. "MiniMerlin" representing the kinship "Two Dolla HoarHollow"). This can put a crimp in any serious attempt at "interacting within the context of a setting" as Aamu put it.

If anything though it is the other way around and serious role-players should be more afraid of getting randomly slapped by a fish or something simply because their name is whited out.

Regarding Aamu's earlier comment also that..... "a lot of hardcore RPers tend to weird out the casual player who is otherwise happy to chat ICly... The only thing approaching the obnoxiousness of the troll/hater type is the RPer who wants to split hairs over lore with someone who's just wanting a somewhat deeper game experience than the usual bug-hunting that forms the core MMO experience." ~ This is very well put.

Zitat Zitat von Aamu Beitrag anzeigen
    The only thing approaching the obnoxiousness of the troll/hater type is the RPer who wants to split hairs over lore with someone who's just wanting a somewhat deeper game experience than the usual bug-hunting that forms the core MMO experience.
    It would depend on what you mean by 'splitting hairs over lore'. While arguing about details like... would a universal currency actually exist and would money from Rohan, Gondor, and Dale be accepted in Bree should be something you shouldn't attack strangers with, for instance, I do not think it is too much to ask to have RPers at least -try- to respect Tolkien's lore. I don't think asking someone who wants to do heavy RP to at least do a simple Wikipedia look up is so much to ask. 'Elvish rangers that flirt with everything that moves' work in many other fantasy settings. Such a concept is completely against Tolkien. Would that be considered 'trolling' to want to avoid such a heavy RPer that doesn't put any sort of effort into finding a concept that would at least seem plausible in Middle-earth?

I speak about heavy rp, by the way, and not simple... polite conversation that looks like it could easily take place in any game or even the real world, or a 'character' that sees little to no use outside of events that require little original written content and character development. Light RP is completely acceptable and many players in that group tend to treat it more like a pretend game than an immersive experience, so to speak, so following lore isn't nearly as important, imo. Those that are light rpers who still do follow lore have my immense respect, and I definitely know some.

I suppose I should add that I mention this because someone who is doing heavy roleplay who has clearly put no effort into making a character that would fit into the universe jars me much, much, much more than JakeFromStateFarm or Bob slaps Jane on the cheek with a cold fish. Silly names and silly emotes are very easy to gloss over. Watching an elf trying to call lightning from the sky to zap a dwarf who insulted her in a more or less grammatically correct emote, but clearly very lore inappropriate, is so much more jarring and breaking of my immersion. I'd rather see Bobs slapping Janes with fishes than that. *shrug*
    Geändert von Laire (21.07.2013 um 05:08 Uhr)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

Zitat Zitat von Breeon Beitrag anzeigen
    If numbers on the Server Forums are any indication, Landroval has more players (Landroval Threads: 6,167; Landroval Posts: 126,390 --- Laurelin Threads: 976; Laurelin Posts: 14,609).
    Those numbers may not be the best indication, though. The Laurelin forum here was created Summer 2011, after the old EU-based servers were merged into Turbine's service. I think the old Laurelin forums in the EU had near 3,000 threads and 60,000 posts before the merge. Which still sums up to less than Landy, but then again: Laurelin never had daily coffee chat threads *winks*

My own highly uneducated guess is that those two servers are comparable in population size, They peak at different times of day, though; Laurelin is most active in the EU evenings, while Landroval is during the US prime time. That is perhaps the most important thing to consider when choosing which of them to go for.
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom, http://www.lostmathom.org/
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow, http://bit.ly/nDJ31E

Zitat Zitat von Linawillow Beitrag anzeigen
    Those numbers may not be the best indication, though. The Laurelin forum here was created Summer 2011, after the old EU-based servers were merged into Turbine's service. I think the old Laurelin forums in the EU had near 3,000 threads and 60,000 posts before the merge. Which still sums up to less than Landy, but then again: Laurelin never had daily coffee chat threads *winks*

My own highly uneducated guess is that those two servers are comparable in population size, They peak at different times of day, though; Laurelin is most active in the EU evenings, while Landroval is during the US prime time. That is perhaps the most important thing to consider when choosing which of them to go for.
    Hello, Lina!

Actually, I recently discovered some data that indicates (fairly reliably, I think) that Laurelin has only about 2/3 the population that Landroval has. This corroborates many reports that I've heard saying that Landroval is significantly more active than Laurelin. However, the *quality* of that greater activity is up for debate.

And it goes without saying that, no matter which server you're on...the Prancing Pony is gonna be the Prancing Pony. :P

@Leofan, do you mind showing us this data of yours? Would be an interesting read, imo.