Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 25 von 40

Thema: Game of Golds

Game of Golds

Hello everyone!

So I have been starting to gear out an alt with the lack of current raid content. My main never had much luck in attaining golds in fact I've only got 1 gold total and 1 incorrect burg one that a GM kindly fixed for me. I have ran instances countless times trying to be as good as the newbie next to me but no avail. Several days ago I spoke to a new hunter who had gotten 2 gold earrings from Fornost in a single run, one from each chest. Any hunter who has farmed Fornost for months and has come up empty handed can feel my pain I'm sure.

Now that we have the introduction out of the way let the games begin.

Do you feel that you have horrible luck? Worse than anybody? Lets see who has the worst luck! (Feel free to share successes as well).

The purpose of this thread is to:
    • Have fun
    • Bragging rights about bad luck
    • Share other peoples pain
    • Read about peoples gold stories (failures or success)
    • Share our goals and nemesis gold item
    • Identify where the chest probability is worse
    • Allow Turbine to asses just how good their probability chest ratios are
    • Who has the most # of golds of 1 specific item?

This is not a complaint thread. As stated above you are more then welcome to voice your frustration but do so in a constructive manner. This thread is to track the top few players who have the most runs with no golds - for our amusement, their benefit and constructive feedback. Thank you.

***RULES***
    • To be added to the leader board you must provide a in-game screenshot with the Control + K window open and scrolled down to the desired instance.
    • Clearly state what the screenshot displays and the item you want to get
    • Give us a story about your frustration or possibly luck elsewhere
    • Only failures over 100 times will be listed (Even a 20 minute run at 100 times is 34 hours attempted play)
    • Keep in mind the Control + K feature only lists boss kills, not instance runs.
    • If you have a spread out run-list (50 maze runs, 50 sambrog, and 50 Thadur with no pocket I welcome these statsistics too, show them all in one screenshot together or 3).
    • Please be honest. I can't see if you have a gold or not. If you are a player who plays a ton and got your gold on run 50 but you have 300 runs because you love that specific run don't lead us on about your 300 runs. I am certain our statistics will be 95% accurate as a community (hopefully) Thank you!

I will start by sharing mine as an example - nothing impressive but it will get us going as my hunter just got 85 a few weeks ago! My example is also showing multiple instances for 1 item but referencing the main.

The leader board will be set up within 48 hours when I have sufficient data to begin.

Have fun! Post away. Follow my example.

Desired item: Hunter pocket

Total times attempted: 120
    Sambrog: 116 <---
    Maze: 3
    Thadur: 1

Enjoy your summer!
    Geändert von YesMaam (12.06.2013 um 19:19 Uhr)

Leader board imagine space. Thank you.

These numbers are for my RK gold ring in school/library.

School: 147 boss kills.
    Library: 48 boss kills.

And still never got the ring. I gave up once the gold healing rings from Snowbourn vendor were introduced.. # of times instances were ran would be ~89 if you figure two bosses for school and 3 for library.

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Wink

Lawlies!
    I haven't aimed for any particular gold, just ran anything/everything, knowing my odds were gonna be bad, prayin' for anything. But also just enjoying running anything, for the sake of socializaing, and playin' the game. I've got buddies who got a gold ages ago, and new kinmates who have multiples. Very hard to not turn a little jelly green.

I'm not able to get online yet for the Ctrl K page. But I know that I was just short of edit: 1487 seals, when I got my first gold. June 6th: A Revered Lore-master's Hat from a random Stoneheight run. I didn't even see it, til the two folks I pugged it with said grats, and was like, huh? So I had to go back and check the log where I somehow skipped over it. Sadly it replaces my only crafted golden crit item, Vitality Tiara Circlet, but not really. I prefer my morale/vitality for the physical mits.
    Will come back later, and look for that boss kills stat thinger.
    Geändert von Griffy (13.06.2013 um 22:49 Uhr)
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Ooh, I'm going to have to contribute to this thread officially tomorrow when I can get ingame for some screenies.
    I'll preface my post by saying that oddly, my luck has been worse with teals I've been trying for rather than gold items (mostly because the golds I want are from instances I don't want to run ad nauseum).

Will edit the post tomorrow with actual data, but my warden is at around 400 combined boss kills of STH/NCF without seeing either teal earring.

Anything else I'd like to say at this point would just be a hunch and I'll refrain from stating those until I can back them up with data.

EDIT TIME! Fist two images are some of my hunter's stats.

Likely not nearly as impressive as some people's numbers for GB, but I was able to buy a Horselord pocket recipe off the AH and gave up running it for the Gold Pocket.

I have yet to even see a teal drop for my hunter in all of those fornost runs, never mind a gold drop :/ Not sure how many of those sch/lib clears are pre-u10 (probably a fair number of them) but haven't received a gold drop.
    As for the Annuminas, I've yet to get a teal drop from HV and never got a Relic-Robber's Bracelet from Gling (though I did get the useless gold chest piece at one point). With the release of the wildermore barter stuff I've given up on trying for the Glinghant bracelet and the sch/lib bracelet since what I have is good enough (1 wildermore bracelet, 1 horse lord bracelet).

Here's what really drove my warden nuts, while attempting to go for the teal earring from either 3man:

In all of these runs of STH/NCF, 90% of which were done with 3 agi classes running them and the rest with 1 hunter and a cappy/champ, I did not receive a single teal earring on my warden. However, on that very last NCF run one of the hunters with me did finally win the Earring of Ancient Enmity and gave it to me (yes, that was the first to drop for anyone in those runs). No one in these runs received a gold drop either, though my warden has since gotten 1 gold earring from a t2c OD Disease clear (after 30 total boss kills from various OD wings, with probably an even mixture of t1/t2/t2c)
    Geändert von Lenilie (14.06.2013 um 15:37 Uhr)
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

ran IP something like 250 times for the gold earring. will post ss when i get around to taking one. havent played my captain in a while.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

Zitat Zitat von lugbur Beitrag anzeigen
    ran IP something like 250 times for the gold earring. will post ss when i get around to taking one. havent played my captain in a while.
    Ouch that is a ton for a 3 man longer run. I'm hoping I get more lucky than that when I go for offhand on this alt. Going to wait at least 24 more hours to see if more people post before making an elaborate leader-board. If we don't get enough for even one per section I'll just keep this a casual thread until more or indefinitely. The forums have been pretty inactive recently so I'm not surprised.
    Geändert von YesMaam (13.06.2013 um 22:11 Uhr)

Well, hundreds of runs and not seen a single Gold drop for anybody. I am the LotRO anti-Midas.

On the other hand I'm very handsome.

swings and roundabouts...

All these efforts for a stupid hunter pocket, good thing I got it in the end. No wounder I hate this instance with a passion now.

Other my unsuccessful tries are not worth mentioning compared to this.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Zitat Zitat von Farasilion Beitrag anzeigen

All these efforts for a stupid hunter pocket, good thing I got it in the end. No wounder I hate this instance with a passion now.

Dang. There is a Guard in my kin with getting up to 550+ - maybe this will encourage him...lol Glad you got it.

A story: I was in Sambrog yesterday and a guard ran it for his first time on any 85 toon and didn't even know he won the pocket or what it was. I relayed this story back to our guard and well... haha The loot system is pretty harsh atm.

It seems to me there are some requirements to winning lots of gold items quickly, follow these steps, and you will see.

1. Wear stupid gear that doesn't make sense for your class
    2. Perform poorly, holding up your group at every turn
    3. Use silly legacies that have no major benefit for your class-role
    3. Lie about content you've done, that you haven't really done
    4. Say really really really dumb &&&& in GLFF all day long

If you haven't caught the drift yet, I'm saying it always seems to be the noobs that get the loot.

My most referenced story, which will sound like exaggeration, but I promise you, 100% truth:

I leveled my hunter on Nimrodel, to play with some old friends, give their kin a shot, geared it out for a few weeks. Did some raiding, the usual, anyway, this is beside the point. I had just finished t2 unlocks, and was working on getting seals/marks/meds for my greater gear on the hunter.

Ran OE a few times, we ran 4 runs, no luck with loot, absolutely terrible, our Tank has to leave

We replace the tank, with a guardian.

The guardian literally only used Fray the Edge, Challenge, and autoattacks. No joke. If those skills were on CD, he was just sitting there... doing nothing. Naturally, I tanked the first boss, stacked agility and swift strike, pretty much capped parry and evade, it went pretty well.

I think to myself at this point, well damn. I hope this guy is just playing 1 handed, fapping or eating a sammich or something, and will pick up the slack for the boss, I don't think I can tank all 3 sorcerers and Balhest, on a hunter.

Needless to say, the tank was not fapping, or eating a sammich, he was just terrible, we get to the boss, and thanks to our phenomenal RK healer, and Captain, I successfully tanked all 3 sorcerers and Bhalest.

Pop open the loot at the end

Guardian gets the gold chest piece.

Any number of players, including myself, could substitute the who/what/when/where/how of this story, and repeat it a few times over. It always seems to be the slacker who is holding up the group that gets the loot

Oh, and one last one, Champion, former leader of my kinship on Elendilmir did 900 dungeons runs, no champ boots.

>>>>>>> 900 <<<<<<<

>>>>>NINE HUNDRED<<<<<

I would have him post a screenshot to show you, but, as anyone would do, when faced with a game changing dps gear piece that is out of reach behind an RNG, he quit the game.

Few weeks later, a friend of mine, his RL girlfriend who plays the game very casually, and is pretty terrible... tagged along for an SG run with some friends on her newly leveled 85 champ in full quest gear.

Gold champ boots dropped. Go figure.
    Manbeorpig 100 Beorning, Brandywine.

I run at least 2x an instance from each cluster every day....and only managed to get the LM Cloak from BFE so far.

I always tend to run with the same group of people, and were all as unlucky as each other with the golden items, my hunter friend also has the BFE cloak ...and our burg got the OD Ring (On her first NCF!)....

So its really luck ..*cough* improve drop rates please XD
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000005badd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von GingerAj Beitrag anzeigen
    So its really luck ..*cough* improve drop rates please XD
    Better yet, improve the loot system.

Well, a bit misleading: Isn't about 100 of those runs after you won the pocket when I coaxed you to help me get it on my Hunter?

Zitat Zitat von EdalorTrailtamper Beitrag anzeigen

Oh, and one last one, Champion, former leader of my kinship on Elendilmir did 900 dungeons runs, no champ boots.

>>>>>>> 900 <<<<<<<

>>>>>NINE HUNDRED<<<<<

I would have him post a screenshot to show you, but, as anyone would do, when faced with a game changing dps gear piece that is out of reach behind an RNG, he quit the game.
    I don't know what's harder to believe:

1. That someone would run Dungeons 900 times (I ran it about 60 times a day and 40 times the next day with Lancel and Gilcarion at one point [with our Captains or Warden rotating the 3rd]), and it made us sick of the instance for the next week;

2. That it would not drop in 900 runs;

OR

3. Someone would quit a game over that.
    Geändert von Miretocot (18.06.2013 um 10:52 Uhr)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von Miretocot Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know what's harder to believe:...

3. Someone would quit a game over that.
    You really can't believe that someone would quit the game after it was changed to a faceroll Diabloesque grindfest? If people want a Diablo gear grind there are much better games out there for it.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

Zitat Zitat von bastiat1 Beitrag anzeigen
    You really can't believe that someone would quit the game after it was changed to a faceroll Diabloesque grindfest? If people want a Diablo gear grind there are much better games out there for it.
    He mentioned one gear, one instance--not the loot system in general. So that is the context of my response.

It could be a "contributing" reason, but it's a bit hard to believe it's the "sole" reason. I would imagine there was a plethora of other factors--some likely more important.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It seems to me there are some requirements to winning lots of gold items quickly, follow these steps, and you will see.

1. Wear stupid gear that doesn't make sense for your class
    2. Perform poorly, holding up your group at every turn
    3. Use silly legacies that have no major benefit for your class-role
    3. Lie about content you've done, that you haven't really done
    4. Say really really really dumb &&&& in GLFF all day long

If you haven't caught the drift yet, I'm saying it always seems to be the noobs that get the loot.

My most referenced story, which will sound like exaggeration, but I promise you, 100% truth:

I leveled my hunter on Nimrodel, to play with some old friends, give their kin a shot, geared it out for a few weeks. Did some raiding, the usual, anyway, this is beside the point. I had just finished t2 unlocks, and was working on getting seals/marks/meds for my greater gear on the hunter.

Ran OE a few times, we ran 4 runs, no luck with loot, absolutely terrible, our Tank has to leave

We replace the tank, with a guardian.

The guardian literally only used Fray the Edge, Challenge, and autoattacks. No joke. If those skills were on CD, he was just sitting there... doing nothing. Naturally, I tanked the first boss, stacked agility and swift strike, pretty much capped parry and evade, it went pretty well.

I think to myself at this point, well damn. I hope this guy is just playing 1 handed, fapping or eating a sammich or something, and will pick up the slack for the boss, I don't think I can tank all 3 sorcerers and Balhest, on a hunter.

Needless to say, the tank was not fapping, or eating a sammich, he was just terrible, we get to the boss, and thanks to our phenomenal RK healer, and Captain, I successfully tanked all 3 sorcerers and Bhalest.

Pop open the loot at the end

Guardian gets the gold chest piece.

Any number of players, including myself, could substitute the who/what/when/where/how of this story, and repeat it a few times over. It always seems to be the slacker who is holding up the group that gets the loot

>>>>>>> 900 <<<<<<<

>>>>>NINE HUNDRED<<<<<

Few weeks later, a friend of mine, his RL girlfriend who plays the game very casually, and is pretty terrible... tagged along for an SG run with some friends on her newly leveled 85 champ in full quest gear.

Gold champ boots dropped. Go figure.
    I don't know what the trigger is to get a gold exactly and I know its a long stretch like accusing someone they are guilty without proof but it is my belief that there is another factor aside from raw probability to a certain drop.

Why do I think this?

A) Statistics - I've taken statistics courses and I know most people on Brandy which is a very populated server. I've spoken to many of them and there is a perfectly consistent trend. Certain people get golds and some don't. There are 2 people in my kin that get golds left and right up to nearly double digits and people that have played the same amount and gotten 0. I really don't care if turbine came back and said to be its just a 1/100 chance. The chance of 2 people getting 10 each and 20 getting 1 for my kin alone let alone the entire server is infinity to one. Then look at my story about the hunter with 2 gold earrings. You can count on your hand the people on our server that have the gold earring yet this guy has 2 and a third age bow cause he is a total random with a couple runs under his belt. Yet a kinny has done over 300 Forno runs (that is alot for a 15 min run) and not even gotten the teal.

B) Patterns - Ever noticed many noobs get them on the first run? I see it in game chat all the time - what is this? wow. Gold. It seems a large majority of lucky people always get it within the first couple runs, around 100 runs, or a huge amount 400+. It's very consistent patern - rarley do i see a standard 60 or high medium of 250 its always drastic in either direction or a regular medium.

Call my data flawed as it is from the eyes of one man and I am free to exaggerate but I say these numbers aren't from 20 people, this is the observation of hundreds of players many of whom I've spoken to.

Well I can confirm that mostly (not everytime, but mostly) either noobs or people with quest gear got the golds. On Evernight there is a captain (I am not saying any names). He is one of the absolutely worst captains I have ever seen (using song brother on champ, 2x warcry during the whole gauntlet + Durchest fight and RC 3x in the same period of time... not even using "Now for wrath"... really bad) and of course he has 2 golden earrings... and this is not the only example. There has to be some other condition then luck.

But back to original topic. This is my few runs on IoP for off-hand. I still dont have it on my hunter of course. Maybe couple hundred more or just simply choose another game where conditions are at least somehow fair and when you work hard, you are rewarded.

And here few Sambrog and Water wing runs. Of course no pocket or earring.

Geändert von Galborion (18.06.2013 um 12:25 Uhr)
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

Zitat Zitat von Galborion Beitrag anzeigen
    Well I can confirm that mostly (not everytime, but mostly) either noobs or people with quest gear got the golds. On Evernight there is a captain (I am not saying any names). He is one of the absolutely worst captains I have ever seen (using song brother on champ, 2x warcry during the whole gauntlet + Durchest fight and RC 3x in the same period of time... not even using "Now for wrath"... really bad) and of course he has 2 golden earrings... and this is not the only example. There has to be some other condition then luck.

But back to original topic. This is my few runs on IoP for off-hand. I still dont have it on my hunter of course. Maybe couple hundred more or just simply choose another game where conditions are at least somehow fair and when you work hard, you are rewarded.

And here few Sambrog and Water wing runs. Of course no pocket or earring.

573 boss resets in IP? What the heck is that about?

Zitat Zitat von YesMaam Beitrag anzeigen
    573 boss resets in IP? What the heck is that about?
    I honestly dont know. We were trying to figure this out few times but it does not make any sence. We mostly duo it with my girlfriend on cappy, we both have this strange count of boss resets. Really dont know why because we are not reseting anything and doing this run in a proper way in 12 minutes.

EDIT: I just finished IoP... boss kills +2, boss resets +3... really dont understand what that means.
    Geändert von Galborion (18.06.2013 um 13:10 Uhr)

[COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

Zitat Zitat von bastiat1 Beitrag anzeigen
    QFT, this is exactly my point lol

When a person has every single piece they need, every swappy, every clicky, every set macrod and worked out just the way they like it, and the only thing they need is the boots that increase their critical damage by 16%...for an endgame raider, min/maxer, this is HUGE, and certainly enough to make you quit the game

Dungeons took 6 minutes before they did the fix on it, (haven't done it since, don't know if it can be farmed still) with a good group, while waiting for erebor raids to come out, that is what we did EVERY night, for weeks. Farmed dungeons for Burg/Champ boots. My burg never got the boots, many others in my kin are bootless as well, none of our champs got lucky either. I think only one burg got his boots from dungeons, and another happened to score a pair in Durchest.

Zitat Zitat von Namesse Beitrag anzeigen
    Better yet, improve the loot system.
    Exactly, I encourage everyone here to PLEASE go stop by this thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...g-in-Withshaws
    If you are upset with the current state of the loot system, and instance system in general. I know it's a long read, but please, take the time, I certainly took a lot of time putting it together, and if you don't agree with what you read, feel free to offer criticisms or suggestions, if you agree, explain why, and or just do a /signed 10 letters.

Thanks all.

Zitat Zitat von Galborion Beitrag anzeigen
    I honestly dont know. We were trying to figure this out few times but it does not make any sence. We mostly duo it with my girlfriend on cappy, we both have this strange count of boss resets. Really dont know why because we are not reseting anything and doing this run in a proper way in 12 minutes.

EDIT: I just finished IoP... boss kills +2, boss resets +3... really dont understand what that means.
    When you do the first boss, do you run allllll the way in? to the little nook you can hide in and not aggro the ads? If you do this, the boss might not activate, and require you to run forward and activate his dialogue again, this might trigger a reset, haven't tested it

When you do the first boss, do you run allllll the way in? to the little nook you can hide in and not aggro the ads? If you do this, the boss might not activate, and require you to run forward and activate his dialogue again, this might trigger a reset, haven't tested it
    Well I am usually running little bit far and my girlfriend is activating him so I can start hitting him from distance. I will try next time stand really close from the beginning to see if that is the reason. I am also standing far from the second boss at the start (I am moving directly to the left side when we enter that place). Otherwise I cant explain it. We are not cheating or using some exploit, I will gladly invite anyone to the group to show the way we are doing it.

Zitat Zitat von Miretocot Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, a bit misleading: Isn't about 100 of those runs after you won the pocket when I coaxed you to help me get it on my Hunter?
    Sorry to say that, but you definately haven't the enchantment to lure me into another 100 Samborg runs after the desperate farm of 6-8 hours per day for almost 3 weeks.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Sorry to say that, but you definately haven't the enchantment to lure me into another 100 Samborg runs after the desperate farm of 6-8 hours per day for almost 3 weeks.
    That's it; I am sending you divorce papers!

Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte