Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6

Tolkien's The Fall of Arthur

Just wondering if anyone has already picked up, or is planning to do so shortly, the Fall of Arthur which was recently released? This is a new book including JRRT's narrative poem involving English Arthurian Legend, plus a bunch of additional material and insight added in by Christopher Tolkien.

I do not have plans to buy it right away as my reading list is quite long right now, but curious if anyone else has and if so what are your impressions?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Smile

Not yet, but soon...
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

I started a thread on this topic last November, The Fall of Arthur. I did in fact pre-order the book and received it on or about May 23rd. I have not read it in its entirety, but have perused it a bit.

The book has a very nice Foreword by Christopher Tolkien introducing the work. The poem itself is relatively short and, as is so common with Professor Tolkien, unfinished. The poem is followed by four chapters by Christopher Tolkien discussing the work.

If you are a great fan of Tolkien and/or alliterative verse, I highly recommend it. If you are a fan of only Tolkien's works about Middle-earth or do not care for poetry, then I would not recommend it.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Lightbulb

Here is Tom Shippey's review
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Definetly a grab if you are fan of tolkien, kudos great book report.

Zitat Zitat von Urwendil Beitrag anzeigen

Here is Tom Shippey's review
    Thank you for that hotlink. I am a great fan of Professor Shippey, and very much appreciate his insights into Tolkien's works.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.