Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 21 von 21

How a Captain can solo in the Moors...

I try to solo in the moors, can you give me some tips plz ?

Can I use my herald with 5R ?
    Which LI on my 2H weapon ?
    I have to max Might, or Vita, or both ?

I nned any advice

Thx

From a creeps perspective, captains rarely solo. They seem a bit like WL's where you CAN solo but you're most effective in groups.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

From personal experience, going glass cannon in the 'Moors is a really **BAD** idea.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Captain can excell at soloing in the moors , it was good even before u10 and ezmode.

Well, this will answer more than you asked for i guess:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...point-of-wiev)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

accidental double post, i apologise
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It's not often one can solo on the Captain, the warg-packs and zerg-groups make it kinda boring (weird tho, they never jump me on my 22k+ morale warden...). But when you can, it's really fun!

I'd recommend going full glass-cannon build, that's the only real way you'll be able to make some proper damage, and make sure you got high crit, so you can get off a Rallying Cry for self-healing when you need it.

5 red+capstone + Now for wrath + Defiance is usually what i go with.

Spar with some good DPS champs to learn the tricks for 1v1's.

And always get War Cry Up early in a fight, either from your first DB/PA, or with ToN. It makes a big difference (can easily be tested when sparring)
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

Ok, seriously. I don't do the Moors much, but there is one thing I learned very quickly from the few times I've been there.

You will be focused first in a group, and you will not have the DPS to win 1v1s. Our DPS is dead last even when we go for a glass cannon build, just don't even bother.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

This thread, along with the "85 and useless" thread makes me sad.
    Lack of captain's and non-captain's knowledge leads to serious underestimating i see.

To answer and respond to some things concerning cappy moors soloing:
    Should i go 2h? Yes, 1h dmg is bad

Should i go 5r and herald ? Yes, this way you have both more dps and survivability if you are built well and playing well, you fit a lot more of your good offensive, defensive and healing skills in the same amount of time and you have more dps and more power and an extra chance to stun an opponent.

Max defence or offense? Ideally, both - start the battle more defensive then switch cloak, pocket, necklace and one ring, bracelet and earring into glass cannonish. make stationary earring, bracelet and ring standard and balanced. This is not a hard thing to do. I rarely macro, i switch that manualy from bags most often. If you dont want to do this best go more offensive than defensive.

Other 2 traits (aside from 5 reds)? Not defiance and NFW. Since the update (without NFW) if you have a herald, power pots and tonics you do not need NFW in 95% of your solo encounters and not even need power pots or tonics in 85% of solo encounters so you dont really need NFW as default trait for soloing. Defiance is nice but it is merely a last resort and traiting it takes away from other things you could do to not even get to that point.
    Trait Strenght from Within and Relentless Optimism instead. The ability to heal with MC and that your crit heals are a lot bigger makes you much more survivable, plus from 2 blues you have extra 10% vocal skills healing (if you are built well and play well most of your healing comes from vocal skills)

Do we lack dps to win 1v1s? Not if you are built well and play well.

For more info and a place to ask questions or addon things visit my captain solo guide.

I am sorry if i appear smugish but have messed around with captain moors soloing for a long time now.
    I am from a small server, lagged a lot in raids until recently (now somewhat less) and i have been in very many 1v1 circles and field situation fights solo. All these factors made me learn, experience and improve more than most.

Soloing on cappy is not fun anymore, Cappies are OP. None of the classes can beat a cappy in 1v1 and every class can run away from cappy, so I almost never get 1v1 on my cappy, everything runs away and calls a zerg =/

Zitat Zitat von sarefx Beitrag anzeigen
    Soloing on cappy is not fun anymore, Cappies are OP. None of the classes can beat a cappy in 1v1 and every class can run away from cappy, so I almost never get 1v1 on my cappy, everything runs away and calls a zerg =/
    We really need is better burst damage so stuff can't run away as easily.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Captain can easily solo in the moors. For dps just make sure you have a high crit rating and to survive some tact mit and crit def. I wouldn't bother with mastery too much. Working on your movement and to know when to use your big dps skills like SL, DB and BoE helps a lot too.

My traits are 5r 2b: all red traits except herald stuff and blue traits strength from within and relentless optimism. Sometimes i change relentless with composure though

oh and i use the moors banner i find pets really annoying so :/
    Geändert von tarpelion (05.06.2013 um 11:51 Uhr)
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

i thought i was the only one saying that captains are op :P
    Stainless

Zitat Zitat von tarpelion Beitrag anzeigen
    i thought i was the only one saying that captains are op :P
    I often nerf my self to fight people so they dont get too frustrated, but than again, once I lose a fight when I nerf my self to death, people brag how they won a fight against me 1v1 lol

Anyways back to the Topic, how can a captain solo in the moors? Captains can solo pretty good and powerful, but are cappies efficient solo? no. Half of our skills are build for group play. Like I mentioned above, every creep class can run away from cappy if they cant win a fight, cappies only win fights if creeps decide its a right time to die.

I loved my cappy RoI solo, creeps fought me 1v1 all the time, I soloed and duoed my way pretty much to r12, but now not a single creep will fight me 1v1, so meh, Im not a die hard soloer on cappy, I will just zerg my way to r15. I can solo on my reaver, ba or warg instead.

I often nerf my self to fight people so they dont get too frustrated, but than again, once I lose a fight when I nerf my self to death, people brag how they won a fight against me 1v1 lol
    you're not the only one :P
    Stainless

Finally some people here who realise how strong we are and play well instead of discussing, QQing and proposing changes more than playing.

Yes, good BA, defiler and WL can do a fighting retreat to safety over a great distance.
    Weaver can cc/runaway a medium distance or burrow&call out.
    Warg can hips, sprint.
    Reaver can be prevented to sprint easily but he can, ideally for him, feign a runaway blowing your sprint then fight then runaway again with hamstring, bladetoss, resillience combo for a medium distance.

This makes things hard for our field soloing but we can still catch things. Be prepared to use a 45s perseverance sprint any time its needed and off c/d then switch 2 pers for 2 command and glass cannon gear if needed.

Tho soloing is worse than in RoI (first the RoR zerg-favoured changes then u10creep scaring) i can still do good sometime but grouping more and more for getting action.
    It is still good at times especially in creep-questing time and my server is smaller and creeps seem to be brave or not so much escape artists at times.

Anyway, i think we do not need more burst dps.
    I would rather have 1-2 of these:
    - an additional, ranged slow (blade toss type)
    - a resilience type skill
    - a reduced c/d on our sprint
    Those would preferably be obtained with redline traits, trait bonuses or red legendary trait rather than additional legacies.
    A customization enabling Cutting attack to have a couple seconds reduced c/d or increased duration would not be so bad either, sometimes it is a pain to renew it at the exact moment and a lot depends on it.

Zitat Zitat von Pero_the_Cappy Beitrag anzeigen
    Finally some people here who realise how strong we are and play well instead of discussing, QQing and proposing changes more than playing.

Yes, good BA, defiler and WL can do a fighting retreat to safety over a great distance.
    Weaver can cc/runaway a medium distance or burrow&call out.
    Warg can hips, sprint.
    Reaver can be prevented to sprint easily but he can, ideally for him, feign a runaway blowing your sprint then fight then runaway again with hamstring, bladetoss, resillience combo for a medium distance.
    I am not saying soloing is dead for a cappy, but its WAY worse than it been in RoI, to which most solo we got used to when things went cappies way, with improved skills(slow, more dps, and so on).

Reavers can get away a very long distance if they know what their are do specially when cappy already blew sprint.

Weaver can get away almost anywhere with CC, web poop, brand, +10% speed, burrow, and so on

But like I said is it worth it? For me I like to make renown, soloing is not even close to be an option, during RoI I could make 10-15k solo, now its almost nothing even though cappy got stronger, even OP. I like having fun, run around map trying to find decent fight with high rank creep and only thing they do is to utilize all skills to escape, is not fun imo =/ Not to mention most creeps hate me so much they will try to deny me any pay at all cost. So thats my experience soloing atm.

I can talk on how to solo and explain those who still interested, but I feel like there are plenty of already good cappy moors guide there.

Well here are some few tips of mine. Switch banners, miti with morale during the fight. Use 4 command and 2 perseverance for fight, and switch to others pieces for cds(make haste, rez, incoming healing debuff and so on). Get -10 sec muster courage legacy, -15 sec SL legacy. Build for morale, mitis, crit. Use +10% fear chance relics(very useful imo). DONT USE HERALD OR ARCHER. Dont trait idome even solo, have bubble instead comes useful in way too many situations. Trait all virtues for resistance and miti. Go Redline with 2 blues(MC, and power restore on RC). Trait bubble, OB and capstone. Have an alternative all DPS build to fight defilers and wls, and learn to be able to switch to it (plugin can help). Learn to use +10% telling mark instead revealing mark, many creeps will be discouraged fighting you if they see that up. Save make haste for right moment, try not waste it for like spider kiting, ba kiting, or reaver wrath, use it very wisely it has 5 cd. Try not to OB in the fights unless its a defiler or wl. Quick dps rotation: Mark, shout, bleed, second bleed, SS, dev, BoE, SL, dev, BoE and than depending on the fight. While fighting reaver check if reaver has common damage, with armour debuff reaver more damage to me with common than tactical, so defensive strike. Im sure there are ton more items, thats only things I remember from top of my head. I also have 2 different 1st age weapons, one for more dps and one for more defensive play.

BTW little off topic, people saying cappy have no DPS, well I got about 2.5k dps on dummy in 1 minute WITHOUT going all Hardcore. So Im gonna make thread sometime with cappies showing their best parses to see how high we can go, with screens =)
    Geändert von sarefx (05.06.2013 um 17:21 Uhr)

I also play a cappy and I'll admit I'm tailored more to Group play. Although a Captain on Brandy really wanted to make me dust off the Cappy and learn to solo out in the moors with him. I believe his name was Sherwood....Thought I could take him easy easy solo on my spider. Well I didn't. Then after he killed me a Warg jumped him (he was at half health from fighting me) and he would have beat him too but he Sprinted off on him.
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

Zitat Zitat von Pero_the_Cappy Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyway, i think we do not need more burst dps.
    I would rather have 1-2 of these:
    - an additional, ranged slow (blade toss type)
    - a resilience type skill
    - a reduced c/d on our sprint
    Those would preferably be obtained with redline traits, trait bonuses or red legendary trait rather than additional legacies.
    A customization enabling Cutting attack to have a couple seconds reduced c/d or increased duration would not be so bad either, sometimes it is a pain to renew it at the exact moment and a lot depends on it.

it pisses me off also that i have to swap sets to get 5s slow immunity on make haste, don't think reduced cd is needed just the swapping is annoying :/ i always felt that proper moors jewelry would help a lot with everything you mentioned. For example an earring that makes cutting attack slow duration longer, battle shout gives -10% ranged slow or a ring that gives 5s cc immunity when you use it's effect. Maybe these can be bartered like the r8 and r10 items? you'll get more the higher your rank is and they only work in the moors. This would count for every class then ofc and there would be stuff for every traitline
    Geändert von tarpelion (06.06.2013 um 10:22 Uhr)
    Stainless

Immunity during sprint is maybe a too big thing but also a better one to add on than just Moar Spike DPS.

Would you ever consider using Oathbreaker archer to start to allow a blade or shield brother use and thus add inspire attack,etc.then switch to war or moors banner if they kill your archer?

<,< been soloing in pvp land on my captain for years even back in soa. Just the other day i killed 5 wargs solo, and took out a WL Defiler Combo also solo. Then again there are days i get ganked by wargs who bleed and kite, or groups with 4 defilers and wl's spam healing and of course i can't kill anything.

I have written very long posts on this topic before trying to explain it all. But to simplify it is this.

70% gear
    10% skill
    20% movement(i.e. keeping your front facing the enemy at all times) The majority of captains dps is auto attacks you fail to keep your front to the target you might as well lay down and give up. Because you lose huge amounts of dps as well as your ability to parry or block.

Also always carry a swap to shield and 1 handed sword for tough situations.

As a general rule if there are more then 4 creeps attacking you, its a good time to switch to snb, less then 4 stick with your 2hander for dps.

If anyone is actually interested in this feel free to msg me privately. I am sure if you go back through my old post you could find a ton of pvp related posts by me lol.