Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 25 von 39

focused feedback : hunter yellow line mounted combat *new*

So I was wondering what everyone/ forum users felt about the new yellow line on our mounts. I had a good but brief experience on the light steed was satisfied with options available.

To keep it simple still had dash, have a cc skill, some crit buffs and a trap which fears. Oh and a fury builder. Very dps oriented and fine by me.

My experience was killing couple of warbands , kramp seemed easier than usual and seem to be dismounting more often. Rain of arrows (is that right? Don't mean the normal aoe spam non mounted one) does more damage not noted any power issues from that going up.

Our first skill in the yellow line is a force close skill that seems the opposite to what we want, perhaps thats an error the dev diary suggested ranged would get the opposite. I referred to this above as the cc skill, which we should have but instead have this force.close thing. (imo of course).
    So any thoughts from " the community" ?

Will reply when played for longer and tried medium mount etc. Just keen to hear others thoughts.
    Geändert von Eldarian_Grace (14.05.2013 um 05:02 Uhr) Grund: spelling and clarity
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

I like how when I press my face down into the keyboard to perform mounted combat, the tip of my nose seems to perfectly fit into the "k" key. And then as I turn my head to the left, the bone under my eyebrow seems to be able to perfectly depress the "y" and "t" keys a the same time. As my head continues to turn, I've found that my ear quit comfortably comes to rest on "wasd". When I turn my head the other direction, the line of saliva drawn across the right side of the keyboard makes a pretty rainbow.

Zitat Zitat von ColorSpecs Beitrag anzeigen
    I like how when I press my face down into the keyboard to perform mounted combat, the tip of my nose seems to perfectly fit into the "k" key. And then as I turn my head to the left, the bone under my eyebrow seems to be able to perfectly depress the "y" and "t" keys a the same time. As my head continues to turn, I've found that my ear quit comfortably comes to rest on "wasd". When I turn my head the other direction, the line of saliva drawn across the right side of the keyboard makes a pretty rainbow.
    Perfect description of hunter mounted combat. +rep

Zitat Zitat von Eldarian_Grace Beitrag anzeigen
    So I was wondering what everyone/ forum users felt about the new yellow line on our mounts. I had a good but brief experience on the light steed was satisfied with options available.

To keep it simple still had dash, have a cc skill, some crit buffs and a trap which fears. Oh and a fury builder. Very dps oriented and fine by me.

My experience was killing couple of warbands , kramp seemed easier than usual and seem to be dismounting more often. Rain of arrows (is that right? Don't mean the normal aoe spam non mounted one) does more damage not noted any power issues from that going up.

Our first skill in the yellow line is a force close skill that seems the opposite to what we want, perhaps thats an error the dev diary suggested ranged would get the opposite. I referred to this above as the cc skill, which we should have but instead have this force.close thing. (imo of course).
    So any thoughts from " the community" ?
    New yellow line rocks. Having killshot's cd reset and the high chance for you to get back fury for doing an attack boosts dps even more. Though I would have to say that I love the traps the most. Mobs that hit your traps get feared allowing you to put distance between you and your target. If you do it perfectly, you can fear them back to back with each trap you set down. And I believe you mean hail of arrows.

I looked at medium steed and it seems to be the same though I'm going to be sticking to light steed, dont think medium steed would stand a chance againts some of the warbands(solo). I would have to say that hunters have THE best mounted combat soloing capability. High dps and high self heals. I was actually able to solo all the warbands in Wildamore earlier. Conog being the most challenging(I didn't even bother dismounting him because it becomes faceroll if you do.)then Zovarr/Varg if you dont kill adds
    ​.The tree near Fangorn isnt hard, what made it hard for me was trying NOT to fall off a cliff into Fangorn itself.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

I haven't actually done MC since u11 (I'm on a work related trip) but I was very disappointed to see the yellow capstone changed the dismount odds from 50% to 25%.

Did you guys max out (7 points) all of the steed's base traits, agility, armour etc.?

I'm running in blue line for the heals, which have become necessary due to tougher warbands. Kill Shot is still 1-shotting normal landscapers on a crit or dev.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

I must be doing something very wrong with my hunter and I would love some feedback.

I have a light steed, with the 2nd age bridal from the epic line. I have the higher level crafted relics put in the bridal. The steed is at max level so that means a majority of the trait lines are fully maxed out.

I'm running a very well put together DPS 2nd age bow, with the Crit buff ring upgrade and Agility buff ring upgrade. My other gear is I would say above average from raiding and instances with a mix of teal and gold. I'm using a mix of the Hytbold gear aimed towards DPS. On foot, I blast the &&&& out of stuff with no problem, dropping things with 7k - 8k moral with one shot at times.

My DPS on horseback sucks though. The only time I use my mount is when I need the extra moral pool to stay alive if I'm fighting a more difficult warband. But, because fury builds so slowly, and the hunter fires so slowly with such low DPS, I can easily kill stuff faster when on foot. I shoot things with full fury, with my crit buff from my ring, and the agility buff from the ring, and it'll do like 3k - 4k max. But considering how long it takes to build up full fury, I normally try and fire faster so it's more like 1k - 2k. On foot, I can get crit shots up in the 7k - 12k range quite often and quite quickly.

I get to threads like this one and hear people say, "hunters are a beast" in MC and I just can't understand how this is so. Would someone be willing to give me a fairly detailed description of what traits they're using, which line, what relics, which legacies, etc that is giving you such good DPS? I really want to enjoy and use MC but with the DPS so low on my hunter, it's just a waste of time for me.

I'm not complaining, just trying to get better.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

One sentence Wid - don't worry about building fury. Kiting round in circles is still the way to go; make sure you have 55m range as well so you can kite in really BIG circles

I don't recommend getting off your horse unless you want to be one-shotted.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Im still trying to get better at it, but my little pony goes something like this

./shrug, i find using the traps hard though
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Zitat Zitat von Widoch Beitrag anzeigen
    But, because fury builds so slowly, and the hunter fires so slowly with such low DPS, I can easily kill stuff faster when on foot.
    Max out 'Furious Assault' (yellow tree) this gives you a 30% chance to have full fury with any attack you make and 'Quickness" (Blue line) reduces the cooldown on most of your skills. A bridle with maxed out fury bonus also helps a lot.

Personally I like riddermark stance best, the dismount makes any warband boss 10 times less scary and if they manage to hit me too hard, I'll switch to op healing rohirrim stance

Zitat Zitat von Widoch Beitrag anzeigen

I get to threads like this one and hear people say, "hunters are a beast" in MC and I just can't understand how this is so. Would someone be willing to give me a fairly detailed description of what traits they're using, which line, what relics, which legacies, etc that is giving you such good DPS? I really want to enjoy and use MC but with the DPS so low on my hunter, it's just a waste of time for me.

I'm not complaining, just trying to get better.
    You mentioned you have a light steed, are you also using a light bridle? Because Light bridle light steed has the best survivability out of all the combinations

heres how my mc setup

Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.

Zitat Zitat von Patriotp3a Beitrag anzeigen
    You mentioned you have a light steed, are you also using a light bridle? Because Light bridle light steed has the best survivability out of all the combinations

heres how my mc setup

Yes, light steed light bridal. We have a very similar setup you and I but your legacies are different. I may give that a go. I also haven't bothered putting any crystals on my bridal because I have other toons that need them more and I just don't use the MC enough. I may have to put some crystals in and see what that does.

Thanks for the info.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Are yalls traps working? tested on like 5 different things and none of them got feared/debuffed
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Zitat Zitat von myforumacc2 Beitrag anzeigen
    Are yalls traps working? tested on like 5 different things and none of them got feared/debuffed
    I was going to ask the same question. I 'tested' them on bugged and when he went through the trap, nothing seemed to happen. Thought maybe he was immune, so I tried it on Broz and on one of his defilers - didn't seem to do any thing. Haven't tried it on non-warband mobs yet....

Also, it is a bit 'weird' to drop a trap and try to guide the mob to go through it.

As to the OP, I find that dps on foot is better then in MC. Often times when I am doing bugged and someone else has agro, I will jump off my horse and pew pew. That being said I actually enjoy MC so (other then bugged) I generally stay mounted and kill 'em from a distance (haglob is always fun - run troll,, run....)

I've only really used the medium steed due to squishiness concerns, and I've been quite satisfied with it. Good DPS, relevant skills...

The only thing that puzzles me is that the yellow line ends with traps. Like, that's my big reward, my top bestest über skills, the mechanic at the core of the hunter gameplay and the best thing they bring to a group?

I appreciate the feeble attempt at bringing a little less pew pew and a bit more strategizing but let's not kid ourselves - if I wanted to play smart, I'd be playing a rune-keeper or something.

If the forum allowed it, this would be my signature forever.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

I'd love to watch a video of this :-P hehe

Especially with Conog and Shaguk. Those are very challenging mobs to solo, but definitely doable.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

The trap only apply a fear effect under Rohirrim stance. Under Red Dawn it's DoTs, and Riddermark small DoTs plus -50% turn rate debuff.

Especially useful against mounted melee warband bosses when solo, as they are now immune to Disengaging Stirkes dismount. Only class skill dismount works on them now (with legacy + relic it's 15% for Seeking Arrow on hit, 30% Kill Shot on crit/dev).

As for steed type, light defo provides the best survivability since it gives the shortest skill CD.
    Geändert von Farasilion (21.05.2013 um 04:57 Uhr)
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Zitat Zitat von Taravith Beitrag anzeigen
    The only thing that puzzles me is that the yellow line ends with traps. Like, that's my big reward, my top bestest über skills, the mechanic at the core of the hunter gameplay and the best thing they bring to a group?
    Welcome to skill trees, right? Where the devs who don't play the game tell you which skills are best to play it.

At least there's no skill trees in unmounted combat....

oops.

I could use several words to describe our new mounted 'traps'; useful is not one of them. I think I was expecting them to do something radical like actually trap a mob. I particularly like the -50% turn duration debuff. That means I can now easily run rings around things twice as effectively :P

When I can be bothered I'll reset the skill trees back down to zero, like the UI forces you to do, and rebuild without the traps. Oh, the joy of skill trees...

Other than that MC 2.0 on the Hunter feels just like MC 1.0 - laggy and op.

YMMV

Zitat Zitat von Radbug Beitrag anzeigen
    Other than that MC 2.0 on the Hunter feels just like MC 1.0 - laggy and op.

YMMV
    It is OP as long as you don't run into a warband of many adds, like Conog and Shaguk.
    With the nice lag that Turbine is kindly offering us for the 9,9USD/month, you end up with enough bleeds to die without even realizing that you entered into combat.
    Or as when you are nicely and joyfully ringing around mobs and out of the blue you find out that you have been dismounted...
    Or like trying to kill Rottenheart while riding a horse in rings in that nice and cozy forest... It must be really enjoyable to fire arrows around dense trees and hope to kill your enemies...

That's the joy of MC 2.0... But, ho! I can lay down useful traps while mounted and kill the enemy before it ever runs into them
    Geändert von faenordal (28.05.2013 um 17:52 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von faenordal Beitrag anzeigen
    It is OP as long as you don't run into a warband of many adds, like Conog and Shaguk.
    With the nice lag that Turbine is kindly offering us for the 9,9USD/month, you end up with enough bleeds to die without even realizing that you entered into combat.
    Or as when you are nicely and joyfully ringing around mobs and out of the blue you find out that you have been dismounted...
    Or like trying to kill Rottenheart while riding a horse in rings in that nice and cozy forest... It must be really enjoyable to fire arrows around dense trees and hope to kill your enemies...

That's the joy of MC 2.0... But, ho! I can lay down useful traps while mounted and kill the enemy before it ever runs into them
    Learn your mounted disciplines and learn your mounted skills.

For Conog and Shaguk you need to be in Rohirrim stance spamming heals until most of the adds are dead. Then you focus on the big guy.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

WBs with lots of adds I would suggest staying blue line so that you can heal through the insane amount of incoming damage. I tooltip Shaguk or Conog so that I can switch targets for killshot everytime its off cd(as well as the hunter buff that gives crit chance) and to make easier dismounting, I have a swap dismounting TA bridle everytime I killshot.

through damage alone, we can heal through anything setting aside those 1 shot dismounts.

For Varg/Rottenheart, theres long alleys that you can kite up and down in.run down,stop,turn aroun,repeat.hope that helps

Zitat Zitat von ChromiteSwiftpaw Beitrag anzeigen
    Learn your mounted disciplines and learn your mounted skills.

For Conog and Shaguk you need to be in Rohirrim stance spamming heals until most of the adds are dead. Then you focus on the big guy.
    Absolutely. I've not tried those WBs yet (trying so hard to enjoy Wildermore but...) but exactly those tactics were what I used for the slightly more challenging WBs like Bugud or Kramp. OK, not Bugud. You can quite easily go toe to toe with a dismounted Bugud in Rohirrim stance. The amount of healing is insane, especially when compared to our dismounted self-heal capacity.

The biggest danger to the mounted Hunter is lag and/or complacency.

Zitat Zitat von faenordal Beitrag anzeigen

Go Blue. It takes slightly longer to kills things but you will overheal.

If you get a bad lag spike you're dead. Same for everyone else.

Of course I go blue while soloing those warbands.
    My point is that with the "lag experience" that Turbine is kindly allowing us to enjoy you can easily end up dead, even if mounted hunter is generally OP.

Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte