Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 1 von 3 1 2 3 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 25 von 58

Player Council

Congratulations to Furtim and BH, the two cappies I recognized from the list of those on the new Council.

Extra congrats to Furtim especially, I always love seeing your name pop up in here as you always have well thought out posts. I have no doubt you'll do us proud on the council.

Hopefully I didn't miss any of you other nutcases.

Grats to all the cappy's that made it onto the Player Council!
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Thanks, guys.

I'm incredibly honoured to be representing our fine class in the Council. I have no idea how much good I'll be able to do, but you all can rest assured that I think of myself as a Captain first and Crickhollower, raider, etc. a distant second. (No offence to my Crickhollow peeps, of course.)

Also, a promise: I know I've disagreed with some of you about various things in the past, but as a Council rep I'll be there for all Captains, not just me. If there's a well-thought idea that the Captain community wants Turbine to hear, they'll hear it from me even if it's not what I would prefer. Although it might not even be that big an issue, because I'm sure all the other Captains in the Council feel the same way!
    Geändert von furtim (26.04.2013 um 20:24 Uhr) Grund: I spellin': awful
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I'm going to take that as a challenge to think of something so ridiculous that it shouldn't normally be brought up to Turbine, but that you'll have to bring up now that you've said you would.

You know you've opened Pandora's Box, right? =P

Grats

Zitat Zitat von furtim Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks, guys.

I'm incredibly honoured to be representing our fine class in the Council. I have no idea how much good I'll be able to do, but you all can rest assured that I think of myself as a Captain first and Crickhollower, raider, etc. a distant second. (No offence to my Crickhollow peeps, of course.)

Also, a promise: I know I've disagreed with some of you about various things in the past, but as a Council rep I'll be there for all Captains, not just me. If there's a well-thought idea that the Captain community wants Turbine to hear, they'll hear it from me even if it's not what I would prefer. Although it might not even be that big an issue, because I'm sure all the other Captains in the Council feel the same way!
    Was also hoping and very pleased to see you on the Council. I know you'll do a great job representing the captains! Whatever you can do will be more than appreciated.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR="#A9A9A9"][B]BREGLOR[/B] · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    [B][URL="theteam.guildlaunch.com"]THE TEAM[/URL][/B] · GLADDEN[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Zitat Zitat von TinDragon Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm going to take that as a challenge to think of something so ridiculous that it shouldn't normally be brought up to Turbine, but that you'll have to bring up now that you've said you would.
    Zitat Zitat von Almagnus1 Beitrag anzeigen
    You know you've opened Pandora's Box, right? =P
    Aha, but you see I left myself a clever escape hatch! I only promised to pass along "well-thought" ideas that "the Captain community" wants Turbine to know about. So you'd have to come up with some completely ridiculous that's just serious enough that I'll consider it well thought and that you can convince at least a few other Captains to go along with.

I assume this is only going to delay your attempts, and not forestall them entirely, so I look forward to seeing what ridiculous nonsense I end up having to say in the Council forum. Be creative!

Zitat Zitat von Erethal Beitrag anzeigen
    Was also hoping and very pleased to see you on the Council. I know you'll do a great job representing the captains! Whatever you can do will be more than appreciated.
    Thanks! I'm glad that everyone (so far, at least) thinks I'll be a good representative. Warms the heart and all that.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Thanks! I'm glad that everyone (so far, at least) thinks I'll be a good representative. Warms the heart and all that.
    Hopefully we don't have some knucklehead walk in here and flame you for it....

That would not be very cool.

Gratz Cainwen! Haven't run with with you for awhile, but glad to hear a fellow Cappy from our server who seems to know his stuff got selected . Please for the love of god don't let them ruin us with the class changes!

Cas

P.S. If you could get a good word in for a new raid that would be awesome too (know you aren't the biggest raider ever, but that would be appreciated).
    Geändert von Coyote503 (27.04.2013 um 04:27 Uhr)

Grats Furtim. Even though one of my long time kin members has also been elected to the council and I will probably pipe most my ideas through him I still expect you to represent for the Captain Crew, and I'm sure you'll do a great job.

That being said, I do hope this doesn't mean we won't be seeing any more posts and direct interaction with our new captain dev who rockx.

I assume this is only going to delay your attempts, and not forestall them entirely, so I look forward to seeing what ridiculous nonsense I end up having to say in the Council forum. Be creative!
    It's good to see that you know me enough by now to realize that.

Congratulations!

Grats Furtim, you always post sensibly, you'll make a fine rep for us

As my first request, ranged weapons would be good. While a bazooka might be a bit much, a side-arm is surely in line with what is expected of a Captain Mind you, until the coming adjustment, we basically DO have a holy-hand grenade while mounted...

Needless to say, Delgon, if it were solely up to me, we'd all look like this:

But it's not up to me, which is probably a good thing in this case.

Grats dude, I approve. You're always involved and sensible.

I'll do my best, but representing Captains seems shortsighted. I'm approaching this holistically, and with an open mind.

Zitat Zitat von DelgonTheWise Beitrag anzeigen
    Grats Furtim, you always post sensibly, you'll make a fine rep for us

As my first request, ranged weapons would be good. While a bazooka might be a bit much, a side-arm is surely in line with what is expected of a Captain Mind you, until the coming adjustment, we basically DO have a holy-hand grenade while mounted...
    Lol.. Imo if there was a engineer classes in lotro I'd be all over for it..
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Zitat Zitat von TheStormKing Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll do my best, but representing Captains seems shortsighted. I'm approaching this holistically, and with an open mind.
    My perspective on this is that, when Turbine announced the Council, they said they would be looking for players who represented all aspects of the player base. The folks on the Council were chosen because they represent one of those aspects.

That said, I do think you're right. No LOTRO player is just one thing. At a bare minimum, we have allegiances to our main class, our main play style, our primary server, and to the game as a whole. I don't think it's unreasonable to try to represent all of those at once on the Council, since they're all parts of our identity as LOTRO players.

player council? huh?

guess ive been gone too long.

congrats?

Aha, but you see I left myself a clever escape hatch! I only promised to pass along "well-thought" ideas that "the Captain community" wants Turbine to know about. So you'd have to come up with some completely ridiculous that's just serious enough that I'll consider it well thought and that you can convince at least a few other Captains to go along with.
    ok, so Coconut Heralds are on the list, right?

patsy!

double post! these are teh bestest forums ever!

At a bare minimum, we have allegiances to our main class, OUR MAIN PLAY STYLE, our primary server, and to the game as a whole.
    Notice the part I have taken the liberty to put into caps. This is why I'm concerned with this so-called "player council" (which I generally think is a bad idea). There is no "main play style" where it concerns Captains. There are a lot of Captains who play this class in a lot of different ways, and having certain players on this "council" thing pushing their own individual play-style and biases is not going to do this class (or game) any favors in my opinion.

This class has been in good hands for awhile now. We have had a steady list of reasonable improvements that not only have made our class more effective, but added to the strategic depth of it as well without compromising the personality of the class in the process. Also - the way Rock was doing it was more than sufficient if you ask me - coming onto the forums from time to time and asking for feedback. That way all players have an equal chance to participate if they so choose, and allows for a broader and therefore more valuable exchange of information.

Putting a specific focus on certain players is not only unfair in my judgement, but unwise. It also has had the unsettling side-effect of forum lobbying - where specific threads are constructed for the sole purpose of lavishing compliments upon individual posters who happen to be on this "council" in an attempt to hopefully earn the developer's ear in the process. This is bad for all sorts of reasons, and adds a political element to these forums I find very distasteful.

I would advise the developers to reconsider this "player council" experiment. Put a renewed focus on the those devoted players who participate in the test servers and take the time to read their valuable feedback. Many obvious problems that made it to live - such as the fate debacle for a quick example - were amply discussed and criticized on the bullroarer forums. It would be a far greater service to this game - in my opinion - to spend your time there rather this so-called "player-council". And if you want specific class feedback, you already have the Captain Forums for that. This "player-council" thing is needless and destructive in my view.
    Geändert von Jeremi (29.04.2013 um 17:08 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von SapienChavez Beitrag anzeigen
    ok, so Coconut Heralds are on the list, right?

patsy!
    I think I'm on record here in the Captain forum as supporting the idea of equipping Heralds with clippy-cloppy noise makers.

I think I'm on record here in the Captain forum as supporting the idea of equipping Heralds with clippy-cloppy noise makers.
    Make sure it's got a mounted combat speed of 17, and keeps pace with the war steeds for full effect =P

I mean... if a stick can keep pace with a normal horse.........
    Geändert von Almagnus1 (29.04.2013 um 20:58 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 3 1 2 3 LetzteLetzte