Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 7 von 9 ErsteErste ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 151 bis 175 von 204
    Zitat Zitat von Almagnus1 Beitrag anzeigen
    At this point, I'm just starting to feel pity for Jeremi's kin on Nim..... I feel for that raid group......
    At this point, i think it's fair to say both sides should agree to disagree, but I do also feel bad for the minis who have the focus buff forced upon them.

On a more serious note.... I think the real issue here is whether or not you as a captain should dictate how other classes should play. While I know captaining stuff pretty well - granted there's always room to improve on what I know and my captaining ability - I don't know the other classes very well, if at all.

When you are giving someone an unwanted Focus buff in combat, what that's really saying is that you know their class better than the player knows their class - and that's a pretty arrogant statement to make, if not detrimental to the team performance. That's the real issue here that Jeremi isn't getting. It's not that Focus may/may not be good for the other class, it's that you have no right to impact them that significantly without their permission.

Now, back to the inanity at hand...

Zitat Zitat von mrfigglesworth Beitrag anzeigen
    At this point, i think it's fair to say both sides should agree to disagree, but I do also feel bad for the minis who have the focus buff forced upon them.
    But... but... but...

Geändert von Almagnus1 (12.04.2013 um 19:28 Uhr)
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Zitat Zitat von monk_tbd Beitrag anzeigen
    In that situation was the mini to busy to use his power return skills?
    Was the mini just not using them?
    Did you use song brother in that situation?
    Or Nfw?

If i get low on power and suddenly the captain puts focus on me then I am not going to be very happy as I have to mash more buttons then I already do to reach the same healing output.
    And if i already did not have the time to use my coda properly for power return (i.e. pot on cd, CoC on cd, a LOT of healing needed group wise for an extended period of time) then making me heal less on average would be counter productive.

With song brother i think I never got low on power even if i did not care to look at it. I never analyzed the power return on RC/NfW or if V banner was used.

No doubt that focus helps to get more power. I am just - for a mini - not convinced that there is ever a situation since the RoI revamp I would want focus instead of crit. And yes I had to ask cappies in groups to give me crit instead of focus - which was either because they were used to do this before RoI or read an old guide for cappies of what to give what class.

In any case I am leveling a cappy right now so I read up here quite a lot now. Thanks in here now to everyone who keeps guides and stickies up to date.
    It is just simply amazing to me how much controversy me saying I have put the Focus buff on ministrels before and find it a respectable buff has generated. It's not a bad buff, but if you are sporting Now for Wrath and Song Brother + Fellowship Brother no one will need it. But if you aren't - there are times Focus can be beneficial. That's basically all I was saying.

These captain forums are just funny to me. I was hoping they had changed, but they haven't and probably never will. The other class forums are not like this - and I would caution you from taking everything that is said on these forums as if they are etched in stone. They aren't, and a very narrow point of view is often presented in these posts that do no accurately reflect reality. There is a core group on this class forum that just assumes everyone plays exactly like them, or should play exactly like them - and if you don't you are an idiot. That's basically how it is here (know that I'm not talking about you in that reference. I'm just warning you about this specific class forum when coming here for advice).

As far as situations in the past I have found it useful I've already gone over them, so no need to repeat myself about that. Let's just say anytime you find yourself in a situation where power is becoming a problem, Focus can help with that. That is basically all I was saying.
    Geändert von Jeremi (17.04.2013 um 15:37 Uhr)

I only force Focus on Ministrels Mrfiggleworth IF they are running out of power - in which case I think they need it - so I don't understand why you would want to feel sorry for them for getting something they need.

And I've only done this a couple of times - when it was NEEDED - so I wish people would understand I do not "force" focus on so many ministrels I play with. I never said that or meant to imply it, and my posts are being exaggerated somewhat.
    Geändert von Jeremi (17.04.2013 um 14:21 Uhr)

what that's really saying is that you know their class better than the player knows their class - and that's a pretty arrogant statement to make, if not detrimental to the team performance.
    Its more than this... its also claiming you know the player, their preferences, their gear, their stats, their rotation... Funnily, I've never had a knowledgeable cappy force a buff on me... its only the ones that THINK they know everything that attempt this. :/

Zitat Zitat von hucklebarry Beitrag anzeigen
    Its more than this... its also claiming you know the player, their preferences, their gear, their stats, their rotation... Funnily, I've never had a knowledgeable cappy force a buff on me... its only the ones that THINK they know everything that attempt this. :/

So now you are a claiming "I think I know everything" and have no knowledge because I have used Focus on a ministrel before in the past when they kept running out of power. This just keeps getting better and better....

I'll never understand why me using the Focus buff causes such personal animosity. So weird. You guys really need to learn how to disagree with people without feeling the need to attack them over it. It's silly. But anyway, I will be adding you to my list as well - since you choose to engage in this kind of personal ridicule about those with whom you disagree. Maybe after I weed out all of you types who have to insult people who disagree with you I can actually come on the captain forums without feeling I'm in grade school again.
    Geändert von Jeremi (17.04.2013 um 12:34 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Jeremi Beitrag anzeigen
    So now you are a claiming "I think I know everything" because I have used Focus on a ministrel before in the past when they kept running out of power. This just keeps getting better and better....

I'll never understand why me using the Focus buff causes such personal animosity. So weird. You guys really need to learn how to disagree with people without feeling the need to attack them over it. It's kind of silly.
    You are actually now on my ignore list. But this web site still shows posts and provides the options to see them even when that happens, so I still manage to see a few things I'd rather not, like this response. So my post was in no way related to ANYTHING that you have said, I haven't even seen your last SEVERAL comments. It was in direct reponse to someone that isn't you. What I said was 100% factual from my experiences, and its not even limited to cappies. Anyone that forces their preferences and OPINIONS on other players has proven to know much less than they think. Sounds to me like you are the one assigning blame and jumping to conclusions. Must have struck a nerve? I can't help what you read into posts that isn't there.

For my part, my issue isn't with your opinion... its your constant desire to respond to every post, correct people that don't agree, and then assign yourself the victim role when everyone doesn't admit that you "won the thread". You have an opinon that fits in the minority and you aren't going to EVER convince anyone to change their opinon on this issue. You will not make friends by campaigning over this issue endlessly like you are being mistreated simply because people disagree with you.

Zitat Zitat von hucklebarry Beitrag anzeigen
    You are actually now on my ignore list. .
    Good You saved me the trouble then. And I could care less about "winning" the thread... and the post you responded to was definitely in reference to me. I read it three times before I responded. Also it's funny, I get attacked when I don't respond to every post (then I get accused of being evasive) and now you are attacking me for responding to every post... Seems I just can't win with people like you lol

Anyways... it will be nice to no longer have you on my radar. Peace ^^
    Geändert von Jeremi (17.04.2013 um 15:17 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Qwyxzl Beitrag anzeigen
    Of course it is a captains best power related tactical buff, it is the only power related buff out of the three. The reason that most people think that it is not useful is two fold. First, if the person is not already capped for crit then more crit will almost always produce more healing/damage than 400 power per minute. Second, given the power restore capabilities of captains if the person in question is running out of power then they are still likely to run out of power even with the extra buff.

I personally never hand out focus unless it is requested. And in the last 6 months that has happened once.
    Well I disagree with you about 1900 crit producing more power than 400 ICPR. I don't think it does.

I agree Captains have better tools available to them to give back power than Focus though. Song Brother and Now for Wrath are both incredible power abilities that are vastly superior to Focus. So maybe it will help to hear me say that.

I have been in situations though where using Focus and Victory banner have been enough to make the difference in a person running out of power and a person not running out of power. So I remain of the opinion Focus can be useful, though I use it less and less these days as well. I still think when compared to our other tactical buffs however, it's respectable and not a bad buff. This whole 'mark of shame" thing is silly and unwarranted in my opinion.

Zitat Zitat von monk_tbd Beitrag anzeigen
    In that situation was the mini to busy to use his power return skills?
    Was the mini just not using them?
    Did you use song brother in that situation?
    Or Nfw?

I wasn't using Song Brother monk. I was using Shield Brother to aid me in keeping the tank alive (he was dying otherwise). I'm not sure what the mini was using, all I know is it wasn't enough to keep the tank alive or his/her power up unless I assisted heavily in the process.

I was using NfW, but that wasn't enough. We wiped twice before winning. The first time we wiped was because the ministrel was not able to keep the tank alive. Shield Brother and strategic use of Shield of the Dunedain fixed that issue, but then the ministrel in my group kept running out of power during the last two phases, and we wiped a second time due to that. We had no loremaster in my group. I then put Focus on the ministrel along with Victory Banner and we won on our third attempt. The ministrel thanked me afterwards for my help, and told me he was glad I gave him Focus instead of Critical Rating. I hope that is enough details about the situation I was describing ^^

Again, it's rare that Focus can make a real difference. I have admitted that. But I have seen it happen, and it does provide a healthy chunk of ICPR for those who may need it, at least in my opinion that is.
    Geändert von Jeremi (17.04.2013 um 14:07 Uhr)

I wasn't using Song Brother monk. I was using Shield Brother to aid me in keeping the tank alive (he was dying otherwise). I'm not sure what the mini was using, all I know is it wasn't enough to keep the tank alive or his/her power up unless I assisted heavily in the process.

I was using NfW, but that wasn't enough. We wiped twice before winning. The first time we wiped was because the ministrel was not able to keep the tank alive. Shield Brother and strategic use of Shield of the Dunedain fixed that issue, but then the ministrel in my group kept running out of power during the last two phases, and we wiped a second time due to that. We had no loremaster in my group. I then put Focus on the ministrel along with Victory Banner and we won on our third attempt. The ministrel thanked me afterwards for my help, and told me he was glad I gave him Focus instead of Critical Rating. I hope that is enough details about the situation I was describing ^^

Again, it's rare that Focus can make a real difference. I have admitted that. But I have seen it happen, and it does provide a healthy chunk of ICPR for those who may need it, at least in my opinion that is.
    The question here is one of scale. It is not that it is rare that focus will make a difference it is extremely rare. And yes the amount of ICPR is a decent number. But a decent numerical buff that is useful in a minute number of situations is overall still a poor buff. The fact that the crit buff is also a decent numerical buff and useful in almost every situation makes it a great buff.

Yes, those that refuse to see that focus has any value are wrong. But they are closer to right than anyone arguing that overall focus is decent.

The question here is one of scale. It is not that it is rare that focus will make a difference it is extremely rare. And yes the amount of ICPR is a decent number. But a decent numerical buff that is useful in a minute number of situations is overall still a poor buff. The fact that the crit buff is also a decent numerical buff and useful in almost every situation makes it a great buff.

Yes, those that refuse to see that focus has any value are wrong. But they are closer to right than anyone arguing that overall focus is decent.
    Well we can agree to disagree about that I guess. I do think it's a decent buff when compared to our other tactical buffs, but I'll gladly concede that relentless attack is ideal for a lot more situations.
    Geändert von Jeremi (17.04.2013 um 14:52 Uhr)

And I could care less about "winning" the thread...
    If that were true, why do you keep responding?

It's not so much that focus isn't a good buff. If it weren't competing against Parry and Crit, I'd definitely use it a lot more.

However, the competition just blows by it so badly it's not even funny. Focus would need to have triple the ICPR before most of us would ever consider using it =/

It's not so much that focus isn't a good buff. If it weren't competing against Parry and Crit, I'd definitely use it a lot more.

However, the competition just blows by it so badly it's not even funny. Focus would need to have triple the ICPR before most of us would ever consider using it =/
    This is basically what I was trying to say. It is not that, taken in isolation, that focus is bad, or that there are not times where it actually is the answer to a problem. It is that it is such a small amount of the time that it is barely worth talking about. Jermi is right when he says that it can solve certain problems. Where he is having trouble is that he thinks it is useful more often than the rest of us. And to present the other side, those that are saying that focus is never right are ignoring the tiny percentage of time that it is right.

And to present the other side, those that are saying that focus is never right are ignoring the tiny percentage of time that it is right.
    But here's the kicker, when a single Rally Cry, with it's tail, can heal more power than Focus will over the duration that the RC PoT is active, it needs help.

When looking at Blade and Song Bro, they completely smoke Focus for regeneration.

And then we have LMs......

I'd even consider dropping Victory Banner if the group needs power LONG before I'd ever use Focus.

There's just so many other options that are just infinitely better that it doesn't make sense to go with Focus =/

But here's the kicker, when a single Rally Cry, with it's tail, can heal more power than Focus will over the duration that the RC PoT is active, it needs help.

When looking at Blade and Song Bro, they completely smoke Focus for regeneration.

And then we have LMs......

I'd even consider dropping Victory Banner if the group needs power LONG before I'd ever use Focus.

There's just so many other options that are just infinitely better that it doesn't make sense to go with Focus =/
    But if you have done all that AND the group is still together AND you are still running out of power then the switch to Focus might make sense. In its current incarnation it is the tactic of last resort.

...just want to be part of this epic thread!

made it half way through and am in tears!

i feel like i should savor (sorry, savour, for you tokein fans) it and not read it all at once.

i missed you guys!

Zitat Zitat von SapienChavez Beitrag anzeigen
    ...just want to be part of this epic thread!

made it half way through and am in tears!

i feel like i should savor (sorry, savour, for you tokein fans) it and not read it all at once.

i missed you guys!
    lol well you had better savor it Sapien because it is the last of its kind. This is one dog and pony show I no longer have the energy for, and no longer will I engage my constant tormentors on this Captain forum. So you better eat it up now while you can

I only force Focus on Ministrels Mrfiggleworth IF they are running out of power - in which case I think they need it - so I don't understand why you would want to feel sorry for them for getting something they need.

And I've only done this a couple of times - when it was NEEDED - so I wish people would understand I do not "force" focus on so many ministrels I play with. I never said that or meant to imply it, and my posts are being exaggerated somewhat.
    I wish you'd respond to my original post instead of this post.

And sorry, from previous posts in the thread it sounded like you were giving minis focus buff for their default buff, and that's just plain backwards from my experience.

I wish you'd respond to my original post instead of this post.

And sorry, from previous posts in the thread it sounded like you were giving minis focus buff for their default buff, and that's just plain backwards from my experience.
    Sorry if I missed one of your posts Mrfiggle. It was by accident not on purpose. I have to log now but when I get back later I will try to sift through it and find your original post and will give you a dutiful response ^^

But if you have done all that AND the group is still together AND you are still running out of power then the switch to Focus might make sense. In its current incarnation it is the tactic of last resort.
    But that's the funny thing about it...

If you are EVER in that situation, then you are most likely going to wipe very quickly.

Or you're doing BG LT T2 HM..... but with that fight, Focus is so horribly bad due to the debuff present.... so yeah.....

I think the reason crit buff is so much better is there are SOOOO MANY different ways to recover power that are MUCH MUCH better than focus buff. We have two classes that can keep entire fellowships up on full bars: captains and lms. We have 1 or more power return skills for every single class. We have power pots. We can just stop attacking for a while to garner more power.

But there's very few ways to singularly gain about 2k crit.

Therefore 2k crit is >>>>>>> than....60 power per second, due to simple supply and demand.

And I think in a world where there are robot minis not focusing on their power restore skills, robot lms not passing power, robot captains not traiting now for wrath, robot champs not hitting second wind, people completely ignoring fate, and everyone having power problems, we'd all be screaming "FOCUS BUFF! FOCUS BUFF!".

But at this time, count me in the long list of names that have no clue what situation any captain would be in to have to resort to focus buff.
    Ok I found your original post I think. If this isn't it please correct me. So let me respond ^^

Basically I agree with the first part of it. Captains do have a lot better ways to restore power - but they require specific abilities, traits, and circumstances - where as the Focus buff is just an easy 400 icpr you can slap on someone to help out.

In the current environment though, where so many instances are almost comically easy, defeat response are a dime a dozen - and the extra healing from Shield Brother isn't really needed, I'll concede Focus has lost a lot of it's usefulness. But I still believe the buff itself is pretty good, and all things being equal - it does compare well with our other tactical buffs in my view. It just doesn't stand out well in a face-roll environment. Back when the content was more difficult though, I did use this buff more often and it did help.

Ok I found your original post I think. If this isn't it please correct me. So let me respond ^^
    that's the one

Basically I agree with the first part of it. Captains do have a lot better ways to restore power - but they require specific abilities, traits, and circumstances - where as the Focus buff is just an easy 400 icpr you can slap on someone to help out.
    What about loremaster, power pots, and self-pot skills? Also, name a situation where now for wrath is not traited and a captain with experience doesn't have 15 second rallying cry or less.

Also, does agreeing with the first part mean you think crit buff is more powerful than power buff then?
    In the current environment though, where so many instances are almost comically easy, defeat response are a dime a dozen - and the extra healing from Shield Brother isn't really needed, I'll concede Focus has lost a lot of it's usefulness. But I still believe the buff itself is pretty good, and all things being equal - it does compare well with our other tactical buffs in my view. It just doesn't stand out well in a face-roll environment. Back when the content was more difficult though, I did use this buff more often and it did help.
    You've already conceded that it's a rare buff that you hardly use, and I've given a power buff or two in my time. You also said crit is your go-to buff (or parry for tanks), which shows you know it makes more sense to do so in most cases.

If you think crit is better than focus in all but a very few cases, I don't see a problem with that at all.

that's the one

What about loremaster, power pots, and self-pot skills? Also, name a situation where now for wrath is not traited and a captain with experience doesn't have 15 second rallying cry or less.

Also, does agreeing with the first part mean you think crit buff is more powerful than power buff then?

You've already conceded that it's a rare buff that you hardly use, and I've given a power buff or two in my time. You also said crit is your go-to buff (or parry for tanks), which shows you know it makes more sense to do so in most cases.

If you think crit is better than focus in all but a very few cases, I don't see a problem with that at all.
    Well having a Loremaster present is needing a specific class, so that goes into the same logic I was using to defend Focus earlier. Now for Wrath requires a defeat response to trigger, so any situation where a defeat response is not available would be one of those circumstances I"m talking about.

I don't really agree that the crit buff is more powerful than the ICPR buff per say. I just think it's more ideal in the current state of the game, if that makes any sense. This game has become a lot easier lately, so power is just less of a concern than it used to be - since things die so much faster and hit so much softer. But I still think Focus is a worthy buff, and I do still use it when power is an issue, though those are rarer and rarer these days I'll admit.
    Geändert von Jeremi (18.04.2013 um 00:11 Uhr)

Now for Wrath requires a defeat response to trigger, so any situation where a defeat response is not available would be one of those circumstances I"m talking about.
    A well built captain can produce a fair amount of Defeat Responses in a Defeat Response lean encounter. That also plays into power restoration, so while it's diminished in defeat response lean environment, it's not something to completely count out.

Seite 7 von 9 ErsteErste ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LetzteLetzte