Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 18 von 18

We are doing the RIFT

A couple of kins in Silverlode (BandofBrothers, Keepers of the Spork, Captains of Honour and Peace) are doing the Rift for the the first time on Saturday 0:30 am GMT.

We could use some tips for how to get through without to much trouble and we could also use some other lvl 50 guys.

We still need 2 Dps' ers, 2 more healers, maybe a burg, 1 or 2 Lore Masters, maybe 1 Captain, and a couple tanks.

We will meet Thorins Hall at 0:30 am GMT and start at 1:00 am so about 8:30 pm GMT-4 and Start at about 9 pm GTM -4.

Send mail to Chrisandir, or Jemo and include the name of the toon that will be joining the raid.
    Geändert von c_the_awesome (01.04.2013 um 00:20 Uhr)

Rift Raid? How about Rift Duo?

Rift Raid? How about Rift Duo?

Ez Mode

Whats the differance?
    Sorry im doing the raid too and have no clue what that is:P
    Its the first raid I will have done

Rift for the first time

this will be my first time raiding
    I hope the raid doesn't wipe

Cool We are doing the RIFT

Zitat Zitat von SuperJazz Beitrag anzeigen
    Whats the differance?
    Sorry im doing the raid too and have no clue what that is:P
    Its the first raid I will have done
    Hey everyone!!
    Um... like superjazz (Yes i am also a noob) i have the same question: what's the difference is between a rift duo or raid? The photo's don't work for me...

I am also helping in organising this raid and you can see Jackincard outside thorins hall at the time said. (please mail jemo, sariawen or chrisandir or myself or reply to this thread if you are coming ) Also make sure you either mention the names of your character or send the in game mail from the character himself so we know who to invite. or pst. OR just show up at outside thorins hall with the character at the time that was said and we can invite you. If there is a change of time then I will either post or ask my friends to. We will try to meet at 0030 GMT and try to start by 0100 GMT (p.s anyone is welcome to join this raid from any kinship. It is not just our kins doing this if we made it sound like that )
    Anyway i'd love to see you there

Zitat Zitat von Communityguy38 Beitrag anzeigen
    this will be my first time raiding
    I hope the raid doesn't wipe
    We will probably wipe seeing we are all new at this… lol unless we get a few experienced people to join us... (which would be very appreciated)

Jackincard leader of BandofBrothers
    BTW I am new to the forums - well not new but this is my first post so... sorry if it is long

A raid is 12 (or rarely 24) people doing an instance designed for that many. Rift was designed as a major end game raid when 50 was cap. It is still some people's favourite dungeon/instance. If you need help when you've got your group nearly together, post in GLFF - a few people like to do older instances and may fill out your group. Read the strategy guides/walkthoroughs here and on LOTRO-wiki to see what you are in for. Make sure you have lots of food and pots- it's a long one

Re your questions about screenshots-Because Rift is still set at 50 (non scaled) some higher level players like to challenge themselves by soloing or duoing this level 50 instance instead of doing it with a full group of players. Even 30 levels above the level that the raid was intended for, this can be a challenge because you have to deal with a strategy/mobs designed for many more players.

TlR The poster was showing off how he did it (a 12 person instance) with only two people. Admittedly an achievement- but not really relevant for you guys who are doing it on level.

Zitat Zitat von yvandriel Beitrag anzeigen
    A raid is 12 (or rarely 24) people doing an instance designed for that many. Rift was designed as a major end game raid when 50 was cap. It is still some people's favourite dungeon/instance. If you need help when you've got your group nearly together, post in GLFF - a few people like to do older instances and may fill out your group. Read the strategy guides/walkthoroughs here and on LOTRO-wiki to see what you are in for. Make sure you have lots of food and pots- it's a long one
    how much food and pots do you need?
    How long does it take to do the rift with 12 people all level 50 for the first time?
    If you have a level 85 helpping how many people do you need?

BTw on the signature how do you show tier for crafting?

Thanks for your explanation

Smile

Zitat Zitat von SuperJazz Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for your explanation
    yeah thank you

How long? block out a few hours, 3 or 4 maybe and maybe longer with the inevitable wipe

Edit: alas I have a 51 captain, but I can't join
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

Zitat Zitat von ShammWoww Beitrag anzeigen
    How long? block out a few hours, 3 or 4 maybe and maybe longer with the inevitable wipe

Thanks
    Sorry if I'm prying but why can't you join?

Zitat Zitat von ShammWoww Beitrag anzeigen

Thanks
    Aw too bad. bummer do you think you could ask your kinnies or mates if they have alts at lvl 50+ who could join us? Just wondering...

Geändert von Communityguy39 (02.04.2013 um 23:50 Uhr)

Well, two things:

1) When this first came out, people spent a long time (as in, weeks at least, possibly months) figuring out the fights before they were able to clear the whole thing. Some raid groups/kins probably never beat it on-level. Not to be a party pooper, but just a fair warning that if no one in your group knows this raid you're not likely to just breeze through it.

2) That being said, there are things available to level 50 characters in game that level 50 players on-level didn't have. Player stats have changed so people can probably be much better statted for their jobs now (better healing healers, tougher to kill tanks, harder hitting DPS) than they were on-level provided they trait and gear correctly. More importantly, though, current ~level 50 players have access to Legendary Items that are vastly more powerful than the best stuff that was available in-game when Rift was the level-cap raid.

So, I'd suggest bringing at least one person who has run this before and can help explain some of the fights, but still be prepared for a lot of tough fights. As shown in the screenshots above, one or two level capped players can basically trivialize this whole instance, so if you want a closer to "authentic" experience I would avoid bringing in any high-level toons.

Zitat Zitat von Gylve Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, two things:

1) When this first came out, people spent a long time (as in, weeks at least, possibly months) figuring out the fights before they were able to clear the whole thing. Some raid groups/kins probably never beat it on-level. Not to be a party pooper, but just a fair warning that if no one in your group knows this raid you're not likely to just breeze through it.

2) That being said, there are things available to level 50 characters in game that level 50 players on-level didn't have. Player stats have changed so people can probably be much better statted for their jobs now (better healing healers, tougher to kill tanks, harder hitting DPS) than they were on-level provided they trait and gear correctly. More importantly, though, current ~level 50 players have access to Legendary Items that are vastly more powerful than the best stuff that was available in-game when Rift was the level-cap raid.

So, I'd suggest bringing at least one person who has run this before and can help explain some of the fights, but still be prepared for a lot of tough fights. As shown in the screenshots above, one or two level capped players can basically trivialize this whole instance, so if you want a closer to "authentic" experience I would avoid bringing in any high-level toons.
    Thanks

Yes we do have a few people who have actually done these raids. We are not all going to be new at this and we know it will be a challenge. Thanks for caring about us though

Exclamation Time Change

Hi everyone,
    A new time has been decided and confirmed! (It is only a few hours earlier) This is the official time for the raid in GMT:
    THIS FRI: 2100 GMT (9.00 pm) GMT is the time we will START the raid. We would like you to arrive outside thorin's hall by:
    THIS FRI: 2030 GMT (8.30 pm) GMT . So we meet at about 4.30 pm GMT-4 and start at about 5 pm GTM -4 this Friday.

(if you don't live at GMT-4 then look at the normal GMT time and then find the GMT time where you live and -/+ the time.)

Sorry about the inconvenience with this change of time. The reason for this is because we wanted to give us plenty of time to do the raid because there was a certain time we had to stop.
    We would love to see you there (send in game mail to the same people as mentioned above or PST them when online and mention the characters name that you are going to raid with OR just come up at the time said with the character you will raid with. Some notice would be appreciated though)

You can see Jackincard at 2030 GMT friday evening there at Thorins hall.

EDIT: if this time is confusing for you then please say so in game (PST or mail Jemo, Chrisandir) or post on the forums
    Geändert von Communityguy39 (03.04.2013 um 23:47 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Communityguy39 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi everyone,
    A new time has been decided and confirmed! (It is only a few hours earlier) This is the official time for the raid in GMT:
    FRI: 2100 GMT (9.00 pm) GMT is the time we will START the raid. We would like you to arrive outside thorin's hall by:
    FRI: 2030 GMT (8.30 pm) GMT . So we meet at about 4.30 pm GMT-4 and start at about 5 pm GTM -4 this Friday.

Sorry about the inconvenience with this change of time. The reason for this is because we wanted to give us plenty of time to do the raid because there was a certain time we had to stop.
    We would love to see you there (send in game mail to the same people as mentioned above or PST them when online and mention the characters name that you are going to raid with OR just come up at the time said with the character you will raid with. Some notice would be appreciated though)

You can see Jackincard at 2030 GMT friday evening there at Thorins hall.

alright see you guys then

How'd it go, and any chance you'll be running again sometime? I joined in a Rift raid a couple days ago, my first raid actually. We made it to the Balrog but several people quit at that point, so we never finished. I'd be up for joining if you were ever to run again