Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 5 von 13 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 101 bis 125 von 312
    I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned yet (that I've seen) the idea of Captains setup to tank gaining four morale per vit instead of three (as all the other tank classes get five).

This disparity has grown significantly as damage values have multiplied in accordance with the other tank classes' bigger morale pools--this will just widen going into the future.

I dont care if you add anything else, if you make Motivating speech raid wide i will be the happiest cappy ever. so tired of 10 min buff sessions in PvP because im the only cappy/24 people. save me some time

Zitat Zitat von furtim Beitrag anzeigen
    Since I see the Charisma thread being tossed about, let me explain again why I think it's a terrible idea that runs counter to the whole idea of the Captain class.

Thematically, the Captain is defined by two things: defeat events and our banners. Anyone who has never listened to the old Casual Stroll to Mordor Captain Roundtable from 2010 needs to go do so. If nothing else, it'll get you mega pumped about playing Captains again.

In the middle of the roundtable, one of the participants (Elborigorn of our old guide, I believe) says that he thinks our defeat events are misnamed. He thinks of them as victory events. We achieve something cool (getting a big crit, killing an enemy), and as a result we unlock the ability to do something cooler. We convert a small success into an even bigger success in a dramatic way. Succeeding unlocks the use of skills that help us succeed more.

Yes, Charisma gives us a mechanical benefit for achieving a success, but the gameplay it creates lacks immediacy. If the current defeat event system is like winning a high-stakes poker hand, Charisma is like making contributions to a 401k. Sure, the latter might add up to just as much or even more money in the long run, but I think there's no question about which of the two is more fun.

And, more than that, in this analogy, Charisma is saying, "Oh, you just won that big poker hand? How good for you! Now put it in your 401k and maybe take it back out when you retire." Yawn.
    furtim, I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I've already had my say on it in the original thread though, so I will leave this post simply as a statement of support.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR="#A9A9A9"][B]BREGLOR[/B] · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    [B][URL="theteam.guildlaunch.com"]THE TEAM[/URL][/B] · GLADDEN[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I will ask for things that im sure many ppl asked here too(dont have time to read the thread sorry guys)

Idome FB, SotD and OBs needs some change.Actually these legendary required skills are essential when i go raiding.(apart od sotd)
    And what do we have here?3 legendary slots already taken! what the hell? where am i gonna stick my red or blue capstone depend on the fight sitsuation? I hope you see my point.

Captains MUST have these 3 legendaries in order to be the viable buffer class in the raids.And once again i would be the jack of all trades.
    You know what? i dont like it like that.I cant focus on something >>I WANT<< in order to enjoy my game and my raiding night.I know the Idome is not a must have, but let me rephrase: How can i be called a buffer when i cant slot my second best buff due to trait limitations?

All im asking is to make FB Idome and OB into some kind of passives(if i ask for sotd it would sound bad?)

Dps wise

Man where do i begin?Look at this mess.Look all those core skills having minimal dps output and huge cooldowns when it come to the DPS so called role.Why cutting attack and grave wound have 20 and 30s cd?
    Blade of elendil dot became from laughable to non excusable.Boe dot should be applied on the very first hit after you get the buff and it should have 2-3 tiers of stronger dot(bigger effect applied on any single attack from a player buffed with the boe buff)

Attack duration...omg what to say here...I have a halberd and i swing it around on the orcs face so slow so hard and feel that i hit him with wet noodles.Would it be awesome to make battle-raided and battle-hardened skills into fast oriented skills?While you re at it make sure you lower the cds of them 1s lower from what they are.

The herald...and common dmg..
    You know what would be nice? to make him available even with a banner equipped.(ARCHER ONLY dps tree)

Healing wise and tanking wise dont bother me tbh.When i go raiding or instancing i want to support them as BUFFER and not a healer with a shield(FFS ROck i will kill you the next time you add a gold shield not unique >.<)

What im trying to say is that captain is a melee dps, support class.

ANYTHING AFTER THESE should just be extra.

I will write more when i get the time

Something i forgot! PLZ dont ruin the +5% crit base chance of the redline! PLZ
    Geändert von Tangaar (28.02.2013 um 05:10 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Tangaar Beitrag anzeigen
    I will ask for things that im sure many ppl asked here too(dont have time to read the thread sorry guys)

Idome FB, SotD and OBs needs some change.Actually these legendary required skills are essential when i go raiding.(apart od sotd)
    And what do we have here?3 legendary slots already taken! what the hell? where am i gonna stick my red or blue capstone depend on the fight sitsuation? I hope you see my point.

Captains MUST have these 3 legendaries in order to be the viable buffer class in the raids.And once again i would be the jack of all trades.
    You know what? i dont like it like that.I cant focus on something >>I WANT<< in order to enjoy my game and my raiding night.I know the Idome is not a must have, but let me rephrase: How can i be called a buffer when i cant slot my second best buff due to trait limitations?

All im asking is to make FB Idome and OB into some kind of passives(if i ask for sotd it would sound bad?)

Dps wise

Man where do i begin?Look at this mess.Look all those core skills having minimal dps output and huge cooldowns when it come to the DPS so called role.Why cutting attack and grave wound have 20 and 30s cd?
    Blade of elendil dot became from laughable to non excusable.Boe dot should be applied on the very first hit after you get the buff and it should have 2-3 tiers of stronger dot(bigger effect applied on any single attack from a player buffed with the boe buff)

Attack duration...omg what to say here...I have a halberd and i swing it around on the orcs face so slow so hard and feel that i hit him with wet noodles.Would it be awesome to make battle-raided and battle-hardened skills into fast oriented skills?While you re at it make sure you lower the cds of them 1s lower from what they are.

The herald...and common dmg..
    You know what would be nice? to make him available even with a banner equipped.(ARCHER ONLY dps tree)

Healing wise and tanking wise dont bother me tbh.When i go raiding or instancing i want to support them as BUFFER and not a healer with a shield(FFS ROck i will kill you the next time you add a gold shield not unique >.<)

What im trying to say is that captain is a melee dps, support class.

ANYTHING AFTER THESE should just be extra.

I will write more when i get the time

Something i forgot! PLZ dont ruin the +5% crit base chance of the redline! PLZ
    First of all, how about we stop threatening the Devs?

You simply want half of our legendary traits to be turned into passives? That's quite a demand, and I don't see how that'd ever be done without losing some other essential skills instead.

You ignore the healing line and the tanking line of the Captain and then conclude that the Captain is a melee DPS support class? Good job there -_-

Zitat Zitat von Erethal Beitrag anzeigen
    furtim, I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I've already had my say on it in the original thread though, so I will leave this post simply as a statement of support.
    The comment you agree with was based on a mistake over how it works, read on.

I still feel like this,
    Getting a DB crit at just the right time is a challenge like pulling a slot machine arm and winning is a challenge. Just better odds for the crit.
    Though if you understand it correctly as an additional defeat response you can still have your "challenge", even though I don't understand it.

In the hopes that more will understand it correctly I'll explain it in a different way.

Charisma, the term, and speaking in the now, is the source of all our buffs. It is the source of our ability to buff. It is the river that feeds our buffs. Without it we can have no effect on our companions. But why should our effect on our fellowship be stagnant in the face of great victories? If the captain is inspired by a victory then we should see a change in his ability to buff, even further a noticeable change in the group.

When a victory occurs it effects the captain immediately, fueling his charisma, and in turn fueling his ability to buff the group. Inspire increases, Idome increases, and if you like our Tactics Buffs, and Banner Buffs. With each “victory” both the captain and group are immediately fueled by that victory. The victory fuels the charisma, the charisma fuels the group buffs, and when needed that charisma is expended to produce a rallying cry and a war cry. A victory that is forgotten in 5 seconds is no victory at all. True victories make lasting change.
    Geändert von Armitas (28.02.2013 um 08:52 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Armitas Beitrag anzeigen
    The comment you agree with was based on a mistake over how it works, read on.

I still feel like this,

Though if you understand it correctly as an additional defeat response you can still have your "challenge", even though I don't understand it.
    Sure, as a class depending on critical strikes luck will always be a factor, but the challenge IMO is to maximize your chances and cope when the crits just arent coming.

Zitat Zitat von Elrantiri Beitrag anzeigen
    Heh. Yeah, that's definitely not productive.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

For the charisma thing: it may or may not be a good idea (sounds kind of interesting to me honestly) but as many people have stated in this post, captain is already in a good place. Implementing the charisma mechanic takes our upcoming Month of the Captain from fixes of problems that we have to more of an actual revamp of the class, and I don't think the captain needs to be 'rethought'.

I'd much prefer that RockX go through and fix some of the basic stuff first, like the heralds, the LIs, and the tanking problems, and then see where that leaves the class, whether we really need a new mechanic at that point or not.

Zitat Zitat von TinDragon Beitrag anzeigen
    Implementing the charisma mechanic takes our upcoming Month of the Captain from fixes of problems that we have to more of an actual revamp of the class, and I don't think the captain needs to be 'rethought'.
    I agree with you, we need to fix some basic stuff first, but the name of this thread is revamp, or actually Reeevaaaaaamp! Most of the other classes have the same heading right now, revamp. Even so, as designed by the orignal thread it is a continuation, not a revamp. It also doesn't interfere with the way we play currently. One can just ignore Charisma and play how they want, exactly as they are doing now.

Charisma couldn't fit us entirely now, partially maybe but not like I would want, but it could at the next level cap increase. I also think that it should scale with level to help reach the lower level captains. So at level 30 you could get 1 stack max, then at set levels the max stack would increase to a cap of 4 stacks.
    Geändert von Armitas (28.02.2013 um 10:34 Uhr)

I admit that I'm really far from being an expert, considering that I've never reached endgame. But I'm an altoholic and I've levelled maaaany Captains. It's just that I start losing interest in a character once I have to leave Evendim.
    I would just like to remind you that endgame is not everything and levelling should be smooth at every stage, not just near the end. Fixing our power problems through traits that you can't get before level 30 or so isn't really a solution.
    So please tackle the power problems where they start: the skill power cost.

Many people complain about damage during levelling, but I don't really think it's that much of a problem. It could be a bit higher, but there is no reason for going overboard like the Minstrel since Isengard.
    Yes, the damage is lacking, but comparing survivability with damage, I think the Captain is pretty solid in this regard. The power, on the other hand, is really a problem that has bothered me on all my Captains.
    So... three things I'd like to see change?
    1. Better power management would be nice, maybe combining it with self-heals, like reducing the cooldown on Rallying Cry (hey, if it's going to be at 6 seconds at some point, why does it have to be 45 seconds in the early game? What about 30?) and adding a power heal. That would also solve the problem with "Now for Wrath".
    2. Maybe one AoE damage skill that doesn't require a Battle-readied state.
    3. I think that's enough. But hey, a small increase in damage couldn't hurt.

As I've said, I'm not an expert. I just want to mention that problems of a class should be fixed at the root, not at level 50 or even at the level cap.

EDIT: Oh, and please leave us our shields. They were already taken from the Champions, so please don't take them from us!
    Geändert von Rattenfleischer (28.02.2013 um 11:02 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Elrantiri Beitrag anzeigen

You simply want half of our legendary traits to be turned into passives? That's quite a demand, and I don't see how that'd ever be done without losing some other essential skills instead.

You ignore the healing line and the tanking line of the Captain and then conclude that the Captain is a melee DPS support class? Good job there -_-
    Um lol i didnt even attempt to troll or threat our new dev

I didnt suggested anything else on healing cause captains healing production is quite strong as it is.
    And i said melee dps support class cause i dont want to use a shield and one handed weapon with my captain.On healing support well yes i agree,the precious stas from shields are welcomed.
    And tbh if you really want to have a dps line with captain i dont suppose you are meant to use one handed weaps. The legendary traits already *lock* the available slots as we are in order to have our unique playstyle.As they are atm they need a revamp or making some of them into passives(IDoME should be 100% passive atleast)

Hello, because I have not read all of the responses, I will try to keep this brief for the sake of not reiterating what others before me have already suggested. With that said, my 3 suggestions are as follows:

1. Standards: given how this is what is used in raids and because I only raid, I would like to point out something that always bothered me. Standards of War boost might and agility, Standards of victory boost power and ICPR, and Standards of Hope boost morale and ICMR. However there is absolutely nothing that boosts tactical mastery. I believe that will ought to be added to the standards of war or change the stats so that instead of adding stats, it adds base physical and tactical mastery.

2. Buffing: someone made this point before but I find it to be a good idea so I would like to mention it as well. I had wondered why this wasn't put in place before, but it would be a good idea to have perhaps an improved Motivatig Speech perhaps or a new skill whereby it would add +5% power and +10% if you have the legacy. I think this becomes even more so important for healing classes given the changes to will and the decreased morale pools for them.

3. Quality of Life Improvements: very vague header for several specific ideas, first and foremost, get rid of Fighting Withdrawal or allow the cappy to use it on someone else. As it stands, I don't even have it on my quickslots because even if I somehow get aggro, I'm not squishy, but given that we are a support class it would make sense for us to be able to support tanks in that we can use that on the DPS class that takes aggro so that the tank may be able to regain aggro. That would make this skill much more viable. Second, fix Cry of Vengeance, many times I have used it and for some reason the dead person did not receive the Rez even though I had been within range, therefore it is just a wasted rez, this needs to be looked at and fixed, I'm not the only one that has had this problem. Third, Water-Lore for LMs can stack, I see no reason why this very potent HoT can stack and our Words of Courage can't, as well as Burg incoming damage marks (don't play a burg can't remember the name of this skill) can stack across multiple burgs but ours can't stack across multiple cappies.

4. Yellow Line: finally, while I had said I would limit it to 3 and though many others have mentioned this already, this one could not be ignored. I find that at endgame, I can DPS well, even dishing out some nice numbers at times, and also off/main heal. The one thing that I always enjoyed, but struggled with was tanking. This line lacks some real threat skills and Threatening Shout leaves a lot to be desired. The bonus that allows for a chance to get FMs needs to be removed and some real aggro needs to be added. It's quite the challenge but even with the CD legacies and traited yellow line I found that often I had no skills available and that DPS could pull off of me with ease. Champs can tank better than us and we're supposed to be the jack of all trades (for the most part). This line needs some reworking as others before me have stated.

I would like to conclude with one final statement: I absolutely love this class and while the above suggestions would be nice to see, I feel Captains are in a really good place right now and an absolute blast to play.
    Geändert von QueenArleth (28.02.2013 um 11:26 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von TinDragon Beitrag anzeigen
    For the charisma thing: it may or may not be a good idea (sounds kind of interesting to me honestly) but as many people have stated in this post, captain is already in a good place. Implementing the charisma mechanic takes our upcoming Month of the Captain from fixes of problems that we have to more of an actual revamp of the class, and I don't think the captain needs to be 'rethought'.
    Actually, my other problem with Charisma is exactly the opposite of this. It's meant to patch up our existing mechanics. If we're doing a revamp, I'd rather see the problems that Charisma tries to solve addressed by completely redoing those mechanics from the ground level, rather than layering something on top of them.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Zitat Zitat von Rattenfleischer Beitrag anzeigen

As I've said, I'm not an expert.
    I wouldn't discount yourself. You may not be an expert on end game but you are at leveling a captain at the early stages. I have forgotten most of my experience in leveling my captain. I only remember my dps and power being a poor.

We know there is a problem with leveling and who better to say why than someone leveling.

I'd rather see the problems that Charisma tries to solve addressed by completely redoing those mechanics from the ground level, rather than layering something on top of them.
    So on the one hand you think it's a terrible idea because you believe it goes against the original vision which you cited, and then on the opposite hand you think it's terrible because you would rather see the original vision completely redone from the ground up.
    Geändert von Armitas (28.02.2013 um 11:48 Uhr)

Um lol i didnt even attempt to troll or threat our new dev
    You didn't? Your previous post kinda suggests otherwise:

FFS ROck i will kill you the next time you add a gold shield not unique >.<
    I having a hard time interpreting that as anything but a threat. Whether or not you actually intend to carry it out is a completely different discussion.

I didnt suggested anything else on healing cause captains healing production is quite strong as it is.
    And i said melee dps support class cause i dont want to use a shield and one handed weapon with my captain.On healing support well yes i agree,the precious stas from shields are welcomed. And tbh if you really want to have a dps line with captain i dont suppose you are meant to use one handed weaps.
    You're not making much sense to me. You're saying the Captain is a melee DPS support class despite 2 out of 3 class trait lines are not really meant for melee DPS. The Captain is much more than just melee DPS, it is a support class with capabilities in regards to healing, damaging and tanking and going sword and board can be useful for both healing and tanking.
    Guardians have a DPS line too, but I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let go of their one handed weapons, so I'd say your logic is quite flawed here.

The legendary traits already *lock* the available slots as we are in order to have our unique playstyle.As they are atm they need a revamp or making some of them into passives(IDoME should be 100% passive atleast)
    No they don't. All they do is require you to make choices when picking legendary traits, that you pick the most important traits for whatever content you're about to do. By making several of them passives you're making the rest passive as well as you'd never retrait legendary traits again anyway.
    Revamping them sounds like a much better idea to me, especially if you have some suggestions.

As far as leveling goes.... a while back I created a list of when skills and traits should be gained to help smooth out the leveling process:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?495794

On another thought, maybe we need to copy, paste, and comment on the legacies from Lotro-Wiki to help give RockX better insight on which legacies need to be shot, which ones get merged into the class, and which ones should stay - since that's one of the biggest problems with the class atm.

Edit:
    And another shameless self plug: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...anges-Post-RoR

Zitat Zitat von Taik Beitrag anzeigen
    Make Routing Cry a distributed damage AOE skill (base damage still needs about a 30% increase though to keep it relevant).
    The more I think about it, the more I'm liking this. It gives our Defeat Skills some much needed oomph, especially in redline, and also helps with tanking in yellows, and additionally, it makes the legacy actually worth considering.
    Geändert von Almagnus1 (28.02.2013 um 16:14 Uhr)
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

So on the one hand you think it's a terrible idea because you believe it goes against the original vision which you cited, and then on the opposite hand you think it's terrible because you would rather see the original vision completely redone from the ground up.
    I think it goes against the thematics of defeat events.

I think the mechanical problems it attempts to solve would be better served by overhauling the defeat event skills.

These are not contradictory or incompatible thoughts in the least.

Don't be so defensive. I don't like your idea, but it's not like it's up to me whether it gets implemented anyway. I'm just sharing my perspective so the devs don't think support for Charisma is unanimous within the Captain community, when it definitely is not.

These are not contradictory or incompatible thoughts in the least.

Don't be so defensive. I don't like your idea, but it's not like it's up to me whether it gets implemented anyway. I'm just sharing my perspective so the devs don't think support for Charisma is unanimous within the Captain community, when it definitely is not.
    I am unable to perceive it differently. I cannot be faulted for "going against the vision" and be faulted for trying to keep the vision when you want to "completely redo(ing) those mechanics from the ground level".

"Redoing those mechanics from the ground level" and keeping to the original vision are contrary in any book. They are literally the exact opposite.

I am defensive, but hopefully being respectful. Since I proposed the idea it's my responsibility to defend it when someone says "it's a terrible idea."
    Geändert von Armitas (28.02.2013 um 17:06 Uhr)

1. Tanking captains need more AOE threat and power management. LOM traits and trait line bonuses can be tweaked to achieve this, but I think some LI legacy changes could help too. Pressing Attack targets should become +AOE targets to help with Routing Cry and LOM traited Threatening Shout. Routing Cry damage legacy should also include a +threat component. Sword and Board tanking, even with ICPR food and Now for Wrath slotted, is nearly impossible to maintain beyond 90 seconds, especially if there are multiple mobs to hold.

2. Pulses from WoC and Rally Cry from the same or differing captains should stack. Inspire and Valiant Strike ticks from different captains should stack.

3. Make heralds a viable option by improving heralds (non common damage, better survivability, etc.), not by nerfing banners.

I actually think Captain is one of the best-balanced classes in the game right now. They're useful in any group, they can solo or group just fine, and all of their traits and trait lines are interesting and unique. That said, I do feel there are some areas that could bear improvement. Specifically:

1) Healing needs improvement in a few ways.

A) I find healing to be somewhat boring on Captain. I feel this is especially true in the Moors. Words of Courage ... Words of Courage ... oh something died so Rallying Cry ... Words of Courage... etc. It's monotonous and not at all interesting with much variety of skills or cross-skill interaction for heals. Healing is more interesting in PVE where it's easier to get into (and stay in) melee range so we can use Valiant Strike and Inspire, but even that is only interesting because it's combination healing + modest DPS. I'd like to see more skill interaction like you did where Inspiring Blade of Elendil boosts WoC - but it's an odd choice specifically since you chose a melee skill to boost a vocal healing skill. Better to have a ranged cry to boost a ranged vocal heal like WoC, or a melee DPS skill to boost a melee heal skill like VS.

B) We really need to use both melee and vocal healing skills, but it's impossible to get and max out all legacies for vocal heals as well as all legacies for melee heals. I feel we need a bit of consolidation of our healing legacies to allow us to really maximize our role - and even focusing solely on just healing legs means we can't slot anything else either.

C) It's time to get rid of the morale cost for Words of Courage. It's just a bad idea. Minis and RKs don't damage themselves while healing, why should we?

2) We have some useless or under-used skills, plus others that just generally need a boost.

A) Heralds are just plain awful. At end game, it's 100% always better to use banners. I was intrigued when I heard we'd get a new Oathbreaker pet at 85, but when I realized it still was worse than any banner, I threw the pet away from my inventory. I don't mind much, but if we're really a "pet class" we should get pets and banners at the same time. For that matter, the Banner of War also needs to be modified to boost tactical and ranged damage, not just melee damage.

B) Tactic: Focus is silly. I can probably count the number of times I've used this, at someone's request, on one hand. It needs a serious boost, even when fully ranked up with a maxed legacy.

C) We really need to be able to use Shield of the Dunedain on ourselves, and to use Brother skills on ourselves even when just using a Banner (see 2A above - Heralds suck double because we don't want to use them, and then not using them means we can't use Brother skills).

D) Captain skills really need to be able to stack with themselves, and with the same skills from other Cappys. Think of LMs who can stack Burning Embers three times themselves, and many times with other LMs, or Burgs who can stack Reveal Weakness across multiple players on the same mob. It's kinda silly that Captains have to coordinate who does Telling vs. Revealing Mark, and that we overwrite marks from other Cappys rather than having both stack.

3) Our legendaries are too ... good?

Captain has one of the most advantageous legendary trait sets in the game. I am all for being presented with tough choices when traiting to maximize different roles, but we have TOO MANY good choices for our 3 paltry open spots. Capstones are great, especially HoH and MoW. Throw in IDOME, SoD, OB, FB ... each are must-have! Suggestions:

A) I'd argue for making IDOME an innate ability of a Captain, not even a usable skill, like how you made that toggle skill LMs used to have to grant extra Will an innate passive ability.

B) I also think it would be good to turn the Capstone impact on trait lines a function of how many traits are slotted from the same line, rather than a Legendary; ie. if you equip 5 blue line traits you automatically get the +10 healing and VS HoT that the HoW capstone confers.

C) This will be controversial, perhaps. I would revamp the capstones to make OB the capstone for the red (LtC) line, SoD the capstone for the blue (HoH) line, and FB the capstone for the yellow (LoM) line. I do admit I like having FB in any trait build though, it's just that good in groups. ;-) I would modify the red line further to focus less on buffing self DPS (tho it can also do that), but also to add effects to certain skills that add group buffs to DPS (akin to the Minstrel buffs that help outgoing damage). That way it would be useful to bring a red-traited Cappy to a raid, and not just because they like a Crit Cry build. Yellow line traits in a group could be used to confer group survivability buffs, like additional physical + tactical mitigations and crit defense.

I keep seeing people asking for our capacity for active buffing to be increase, and I really don't understand this all that much.

Sure, some rather ancient literature says we're supposed to be buffers, but in practice, we're closer to battle managers, throwing out healing or DPS as needed - which is pretty much the hallmark of a hybrid. I really don't want the captain class to become one that HAS to keep certain buffs up all the time any more than what we already have to right now.

Following on that, perhaps Strength of Will needs to be merged into the XBro skills, since it basically has a 100% uptime as it is.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I am defensive, but hopefully being respectful. Since I proposed the idea it's my responsibility to defend it when someone says "it's a terrible idea."
    Fair enough. I do think you're being respectful, I guess I just wanted to clarify that I'm not attacking you personally when I attack your idea. It is, in fact, a very thoughtful, well-developed idea, it just happens to be a thoughtful, well-developed idea that I have significant disagreements with.

To be slightly more constructive now, the main problem you identify (correctly) are that we have more defeat events than defeat event skills to use. As a corollary, I'd add that Rallying Cry is almost always the best option to use when a defeat event opens up; even if the healing is not needed, the HoT/PoT ticks are useful, War-Cry is only needed once per minute, and Routing Cry/Shadow's Lament don't do much outside of the trait builds where they're unlocked from defeat events anyway. Plus, Rallying Cry is almost always going to be available, because of the hundreds of ways to reduce its cooldown. I think we can both agree on this definition of the problem with defeat events as they stand.

My idea of a solution would be to tweak or revamp the skills that defeat events unlock, rather than to change the defeat event mechanic itself. Rescale Rallying Cry's cooldown legacy (make it minor and reduce it to -15s like Shadow's Lament?) and add cooldown legacies for the other defeat event skills (make Shadow's Lament major and increase it to -30s? ). Let War-Cry stack with diminishing returns per stack. Stuff like that. Actually, maybe I should just write up a full proposal, 'cause I've got a few other ideas as well.
    Geändert von furtim (01.03.2013 um 11:44 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von RockX Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello Captains!

So, after many discussions (and many nerf gun battles) I have taken on the mantle of Captain Dev!
    This is something I'm very excited for, as I feel the Captain has a great deal of potential available to try and make the class really shine in its chosen roles. There's quite a lot I like about the Captain and what it has to offer.

Now, I've noticed there's a very nicely written thread already going on suggestions for the Captain Dev, with some very good suggestions already included. At this time though, I'd like to have the discussion move over into here, where we can attempt to focus it a little bit more.

Please keep in mind a few things:

Let's try to keep this restricted to the top 3 things about the class you'd like to see change. These changes can be as large or small as you'd like -- everything is up for discussion at this point in time.

Please try to give me the 'why' you think something should change. As an example, just telling me 'my DPS is too low' isn't as helpful as 'my DPS is low because my key DPS skills don't seem to progress well from 65-85, or I only have a limited DPS rotation when I don't have a defeat event active'

Let's try to keep this constructive. Flaming will do you, and the class, absolutely no good.
    Do you plan on finding a way to get the opinions of those Captains who do not frequent the forums, or do you just plan to listen to the vocal Tanking, DPS, Moors - Happy, forum- dwellers? Just curious.

Seite 5 von 13 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LetzteLetzte