Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 6 von 9 ErsteErste ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 126 bis 150 von 217
    Drowning of Numenor

You've got it, wihout hints, and in only 1 hour from posted to solved. I suppose I made it a bit too easy with the 'frowning' part. Or, maybe a better way to look at it is to ascribe the quick answer to your genius StrideColossus.

You're up!
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

I don't think it was too easy but for some reason numenor just jumped out at me from the end of the doormen bit.

Anyway, here's the next one: Farce She Wove

No guesses for almost a week so here's a clue: underground.

Hmm, your hint got me thinking Dwarrowdelf or Chamber of (something) might work, but I struck out on the letters lining up. Any further hints??
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Zitat Zitat von Wilros Beitrag anzeigen
    Hmm, your hint got me thinking Dwarrowdelf or Chamber of (something) might work, but I struck out on the letters lining up. Any further hints??
    It's a sort of nickname for someone.

I still don't have an intelligent guess for this one, and it looks like nobody else does either. Another hint perhaps?

I still don't have an intelligent guess for this one, and it looks like nobody else does either. Another hint perhaps?
    Clues so far:
    - underground
    - sort of a nickname for someone

Another clue:
    - brother to a LOTR character

Zitat Zitat von StrideColossus Beitrag anzeigen
    Clues so far:
    - underground
    - sort of a nickname for someone

Another clue:
    - brother to a LOTR character
    Aha, I believe I have finally cracked this one! Finrod’s epessë was Felagund, a mash-up of Khuzdul and Sindarin which means “Hewer of Caves”, which fits your anagram, and your hint regarding underground. And obviously, Finrod was the brother of Galadriel, a LOTR character. A very clever anagram!

Assuming I’ve got that one right, the next anagram will be:
    Flaming Out Euro Lent

Aha, I believe I have finally cracked this one! Finrod’s epessë was Felagund, a mash-up of Khuzdul and Sindarin which means “Hewer of Caves”, which fits your anagram, and your hint regarding underground. And obviously, Finrod was the brother of Galadriel, a LOTR character. A very clever anagram!
    Good work. I was quite pleased with that one, simple anagram in that it didn't have that many letters.

Flaming Out Euro Lent
    Lament of Turin... and additional letters... What should we look for? The hardest part, I think, with anagrams is the beginning when I'm completely puzzled.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

I agree Dweorg, I find it difficult to start unless I have some clue of what I’m looking for. I’ll give a hint:

Anagram – Flaming Out Euro Lent
    Hint – The answer is a title

I agree Dweorg, I find it difficult to start unless I have some clue of what I’m looking for. I’ll give a hint:

Hint – The answer is a title
    Had a few goes at this but not seeing anything, time for another clue?

At first I thought it was "Regent of Gon(d)or" or "General of 'something'" but rest of the letters didn't form any name or place familiar to me.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Sorry for the slow reply, spent some time in the hospital with no wireless access LOL.

To try and move this along, without absolutely giving it away, I will provide an additional hint.

1st Hint – The answer is a title
    2nd Hint - For a bad guy

I've been trying this one for ages, any additional clues please?

Really? I thought the last clue would have nearly given it away. Makes me think my anagram is wrong, but I just triple-checked that my answer does work. Hmm, so what to give for another clue? I'll try the following:

1st Hint – The answer is a title
    2nd Hint - For a bad guy
    3rd Hint - He was active during the War of the Ring

If that doesn't do it for you, I can try one more hint in a couple of days that should make it really apparent.

Lieutenant of Morgul?

Zitat Zitat von Emmals19927 Beitrag anzeigen
    Lieutenant of Morgul?
    You've got it! The mysterious Lieutenant of Morgul, Gothmog, for which we do not even know which race he belonged to.

You're up for the next one.

Ok I'm not brilliant at this so hope it's not too bad.

Presentation Beheld Loft Elf

Don't put yourself down, you solved my anagram and this one looks tricky! Can you provide a hint? I can very rarely solve these things unless I get an idea of what I'm looking for.

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)

Battle of the Pelennor Fields
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Zitat Zitat von Duathrandir Beitrag anzeigen
    Battle of the Pelennor Fields
    That's right Your turn.

Arrow

That's right Your turn.
    Next puzzle; A loam changes daily
    tempted to give a starting hint, but let's just see how people do w/o one.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Zitat Zitat von Duathrandir Beitrag anzeigen
    Next puzzle; A loam changes daily
    tempted to give a starting hint, but let's just see how people do w/o one.
    first hint; it's a quotation.

Seite 6 von 9 ErsteErste ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LetzteLetzte