Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3
Ergebnis 51 bis 58 von 58
    “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”
    – Galadriel
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

From the Silmarillion:

'Blackheart!' she said. 'I done thy bidding, but I hunger still.'
    'What wouldst thout have more?' said Morgoth 'Dost though desire all the world for thy belly? I did not vow to give thee that. I am its Lord.'
    'Not so much,' said Ungoliant. 'But thou hast a great treasure from Formenos; I will have all that. Yea, with both hands thou shalt give it.'

Most of my favorites have already been listed, but here is one I always liked that hasn't been so far....

"And he sang to them, now in the Silvan tongue, now in the Speech of the West, until their hearts, wounded with sweet words, overflowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness."

from the Field of Cormallen.

"Sheer were the precipices of Ered Gorgoroth, and beneath their feet were shadows that were laid before the rising of the Moon. Beyond lay the wilderness of Dungortheb, where the sorcery of Sauron and the power of Melian came together, and horror and madness walked."
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Zitat Zitat von BirdofHermes Beitrag anzeigen
    "Sheer were the precipices of Ered Gorgoroth, and beneath their feet were shadows that were laid before the rising of the Moon. Beyond lay the wilderness of Dungortheb, where the sorcery of Sauron and the power of Melian came together, and horror and madness walked."
    Would you believe me that I read those very words a mere five hours before you posted them here? I was reading to my sister from Chapter 19, Beren and Lúthien.
    Reallyfat Trollion, Antiuca Torkoyondo. Level 84 Guard.
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

Zitat Zitat von ReallyFat Beitrag anzeigen
    Would you believe me that I read those very words a mere five hours before you posted them here? I was reading to my sister from Chapter 19, Beren and Lúthien.
    What a coincidence, my brother was reading that to me only five hours before I posted it. He too was reading to me from that chapter. Funny ol' world.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Yo bruther an' me, we be in sync.
    Geändert von ReallyFat (30.08.2013 um 09:52 Uhr) Grund: curséd smileys
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

Okay, so I know I shouldn't start this, since one thing will lead to another and eventually there will be a page full of quotes that I absolutely love. But I just read the Athrabeth again, and I feel like my heart will burst right now if I don't spit this out.

THAT WAS SOME SH*T.

I mean it in the good way. I mean, no matter how many times I read this, it doesn't fail to bring a lump to my throat. This is just about as close to absolute and utter flawless perfection in writing as you can get. I mean SH*T. If you haven't already read this, then, you better do so before I whip out my blunt spoon and disembowel you. But for those of you who have, I'd like you to also share your absolute favorite quotes particularly from this piece.

Strictly speaking, I should just write the whole thing out here, but I know I won't be able to stop if I do start. So I'll give you the two best lines in this tale for me:

'But would you wish that Elves and Men had never met? Is the light of the flame, which otherwise you would never have seen, of no worth even now? You believe yourself scorned? Put away at least that thought, which comes out of the Darkness, and then our speech together will not have been wholly in vain. Farewell!'

'But you are not for Arda. Whither you go may you find light. Await us there, my brother - and me.'

/sob
    'Scuse me while I go dry my face off with a bath towel.
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3