Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 3 von 6 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 6 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 51 bis 75 von 141
    I shall not try to sound like a bitter old lady right now hehe
    But as many of you know I am a huge fan of Laurelin Archives, and I love all the creative work I see there, whether is Stories, poems, videos, screenies and artwork. Recently (last months) I have seen an imflamation of work from Devian Art and other art sites, which I also follow. I recall lot of the originals and they do not have any attachment to Lotro and Laurelin Archives at all. Please be kind and credit the original artist when you post/rip pictures/artwork or media from other artists. This is quite important regards to Copyrights terms/issues and laws.

Why do I say this? Well as a musican and a drawer/painter myself, I know how much work that lies behind this, and I wouldnt be all to happy to see someone posted my work under their names without credit... If they credit me, I would be happy, it wouldnt be a problem at all.. This is all about common sense and respect..

This is perhaps most important: Remember that Laurelin Archives have members/artists that really PUT a lot of effort into their own artwork, and when they get drown into all the "spam" of unknowned pictures of unknowned professional artists, they will definetly loose motivation to post. This is not what Laurelin Archives should be about imo. It should be a site with a memberbase that use their own creativity and let the site blossom that way, in that way the site would be more interesting and look more professional.

Ok sorry my rant <3 I just ask that one should think twice before posting. atleast credit the original artist/site which I think is polite behaviour
    Geändert von Achy (09.08.2013 um 06:43 Uhr)
    -ACHAZIA-
    Songwriter in The Shades and my music at Soundcloud
    Contributer at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Unhappy

*waves*

And I shall add my voice to that of the lovely Achy - I spent the last few years writing, painting, making music, sharing on the Laurelin Archives . I enjoyed my time there and the amazing creativity of this wonderful community but things are not as they used to be, sadly. As an artist myself, I have raised my concerns with Calenon about the site especially about copyrights infringements and artistic accreditation , and of course also images that have been posted and have little or nothing to do with Middle-earth but belong to other fantasy worlds.

Lovely people please try to understand, the Laurelin Archives is a 'joined Tolkien-inspired project' whom many of us have been working on for many years, and Calenon kindly run for us . Lately I do find myself sad , I want to continue my contribution but I am not sure how. Me, Achy, and many others have worked on our characters and profiles with love and dedication, sharing our artwork , music, and writings , and I am sad I feel sometime like I am not able to post and share .

Thanks for listening and gives Achy and Calenon a big *HUG*
    Geändert von Amorey (09.08.2013 um 06:56 Uhr) Grund: Typos of course :) excuse me accent, I am from Overhill
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

As the two lovely Ladies have already said, this is fast becoming a real problem.

We all love LA of that there is no doubt, it has been at the heart of much of the creative writing and content for Laurelin for years, but of late there has been a surge of artwork/creative work posted up with no credits at all to their respective creators which is a VERY bad thing.

It really is just simple manners to credit the author/creator of any creative piece of work and only takes a few lines of text..

As has already been stated there are also potential legal issues to consider as well.. (although I am far from an expert on the subject)

Come on guys and gals, it takes just a minute of your time when posting on LA to show some basic courtesy, to link/credit an artist or author whose work you are using.

Keep up the great work Calenon LA rocks!
    Istuir - Warden and Caun to the Mithdirith - Loth-i-Lonnath

You're all right of course, and it seems to be a recurring issue, coming back and going away in waves. It really is no big deal to post a disclaimer to make it clear the image isn't of your own making, even if you don't know who made it. I was told a good while back that there are simple ways of searching the web for similar images, but I can't remember what they were now, maybe someone else here knows. Those processes can be used to find the original artist.

The rules of the site are pretty straightforward on this issue. Credit the original artist whenever possible.

PS. Thanks for the hugs and wellwishes!

- Calenon

Red face

I think you deserve an extra *HUG* really, I don't think many people here realize you have been working for many years, running this community website often on your own, so here is to you Calenon and to our beloved Laurelin Archives ( I did reply to your last mail, by the way )

So thank you from the heart and let's us all remember the rules and let show how creative is our community

And people remember you can also follow the Laurelin Archives on Twitter at @LaurelinArchive
    Amorey

I'd just thought I leave this here in light of recent discussions concerning the matter.

http://laurelinarchives.org/node/18121

I won't lie, it made me chuckle.

Greetings!

The Archives will go down for maintenance tonight, 12th of August, at 23:00 UTC. To find out when that is in your time zone, try this or a similar website: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html. We should be back up within a couple of hours, unless something nasty occurs. We appreciate your patience.

- Calenon

Greetings!

The Archives will go down for maintenance tonight, 1st of September, at 23:00 UTC. To find out when that is in your time zone, try this or a similar website: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html. We should be back up within a couple of hours, unless something nasty occurs. We appreciate your patience.

- Calenon

Due to login issues with the game, validation of accounts is currently held up. If you've registered in the last 24 hours and have not received an activation email, this is likely the cause. Once the issues are cleared up, it will be business as usual again. We appreciate your patience.

- Calenon

Greetings!

Due to vacation, no new accounts will be activated between 28th of September and 5th of October. Accounts registered during that period will be handled on the 6th of October. Communication with the webteam by way of the contact form will still be operational, but it may take us two days or more to respond, depending on circumstances. We appreciate your understanding and patience, and hope you'll all continue to enjoy the Archives!

- Calenon

Greetings!

Circumstances did indeed interfere as we were left without internet for the duration of the vacation, leaving us unable to respond to any emails. We apologise for this. Normal service is now resumed, however, and we are currently working hard to get through the backlog of accounts and emails. If you've registered or contacted us in the last week and have not been responded to within a day from now, something is probably wrong with the email correspondence (or username in the case of accounts). If this applies to you, please contact us again so we're aware of the issue. We can make contact in-game when all else fails. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

- Calenon

Logged into the dear archives for a little sentimental browsing. Noticed that the Gûr Edhellen link was gone, sadly. I can only apologize for the lack of updates that I've given it, but will endeavour for its return to the site.

Keep up the great work, as always, Calenon.
    [CENTER][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/21"]Andarne Glingaeron, "Baingol", o Lothlórien.[/URL]
    ::
    Master of Elven Lore ‡ Roleplayer ‡ Elf of [EN-RP] Laurelin
    [URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Hall_of_fire_wednesday"]Hûd in Eledhrim[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.thetaintedlands.co.uk/77"]Gûr Edhellen[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org"]The Laurelin Archives[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.thetaintedlands.co.uk/"]The Tainted Lands[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/TaintCraft?feature=mhee"]TaintCraft[/URL][/CENTER]

Greetings!

Once again, there's a wave of uncredited images being posted on the site. For the sake of the original artists and to keep us out of legal trouble, we insist that you use the Source field properly to specify where you found the image and/or who made it. Uncredited images will be taken down.

Also, unedited photographs are no longer allowed for immersion reasons. If you have a photograph you wish to use, edit it with filters for example to make it look more like a painting, and post it as an Artscreen. Remember to also source the original photo, same as above.

We hope for your understanding. Keep enjoying the Archives!

- Calenon

Hello lovely people of Laurelin,

The Laurelin Archives will go down for maintenance 6th of December, at 22:00 UTC. ( Find your timezone HERE )

This will be a fairly long maintenance to improve the site - remember you can follow The Laurelin Archives on Twitter at @LaurelinArchive

We appreciate your patience.

- Amorey

Amorey

Red face

The Laurelin Archives are available again.

Welcome back everyone!
    Amorey

Zitat Zitat von Calenon Beitrag anzeigen
    If you have a photograph you wish to use, edit it with filters for example to make it look more like a painting, and post it as an Artscreen.
    Just as a note for those who wish to make any photographs look more like a painting, may I suggest using 'FotoSketcher'. It's a handy, completely free piece of software that will turn photographic images into stylised 'paintings' - watercolours, oil paintings, pencil sketches - there are quite a few options. Might be helpful for those without Photoshop/GNU Image Manipulation Program or experience in using image manipulation software. Or the lazy. Like me.
    [center][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/rapier17/LotRO1/Forumsig.png~original[/img][/center]

Red face

December is drawing to a close and we want to take some time to thank you all for your continued support of the Archives over the years and for years to come.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Sincerely, The Laurelin Archives Webteam
    Amorey

page not found

Zitat Zitat von Amorey Beitrag anzeigen
    December is drawing to a close and we want to take some time to thank you all for your continued support of the Archives over the years and for years to come.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Sincerely, The Laurelin Archives Webteam

Can't make account... "page not found" appeares after I click on button to create one.
    Elvedion - Guardian // Laurelin ( RP )

Zitat Zitat von Lamaros Beitrag anzeigen

Can't make account... "page not found" appeares after I click on button to create one.
    This bug is well known but unfortunately without a permanent solution. It comes and goes randomly, usually sticking around for 15-30 minutes. If you encounter it try again later, should it still be there after giving it time then contact us at contact@laurelinarchives.org with the name of the character you wish to register (the name I'd use to send you a /tell in-game) as well as what email address you want used and we will set up the account manually.

- Calenon

Due to unknown error, no automated emails or emails sent through the site's contact forms are being sent.

We are working on resolving the problem.

- Amorey

Amorey

The email error has been fixed. If you used the contact form to reach us within the last 24 hours without response, please resend. It is likely we never received it.

- Calenon

Red face

Hello lovely people of Laurelin,

The Laurelin Archives will go down for maintenance 22nd of March, at 01:00 UTC ( Find your timezone HERE )

This will be a routine maintenance to improve the site - remember you can follow The Laurelin Archives on Twitter at @LaurelinArchive

- Amorey

Amorey

The Laurelin Archives is back online after mantenance

A new 'Legacy' system has been introduced in an effort to keep the Archives current and up to date while at the same time preserving the server's past, a few additions and changes have been made.

Read HERE for details!

Thank You

- The Laurelin Archives Webteam
    Geändert von Amorey (22.03.2014 um 04:56 Uhr)
    Amorey

Hello,

The Laurelin Archives site is experiencing some technical issues this evening.

We are working to resolve the issue as soon as we can.

Thank You for the understanding

-Amorey

The Laurelin Archives Webteam
    Amorey

The Laurelin Archives in back online.

Sorry for the inconvenience and Thank You for your understanding

- Amorey

The Laurelin Archives Webteam
    Amorey

Seite 3 von 6 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 6 LetzteLetzte