Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 88 von 90 ErsteErste ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 2.176 bis 2.200 von 2237
    Very entertaning 1v1s this morning Jok. I think the melee only blackarrow has potential. Nice fights with you also Phyllis.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Good fights with Jaji and a few other freeps I forgot the names of.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Good fights the last few days with Bralleg, Klebo, Frae, Syl, Zazie, and Purp.

a post patch day always brings out a new vigor in this game only have the cold water of reality hit your face, anyway...

Cost (on your burg) nice double kb 1v1: I did blow lot of CDs to make it that close. farris, jaji, furry, robred...maybe i'll make it closer next time but im a slow learner.

fyi...it's a courtesy to NOT clear your bleeds when your opponent dies, especially when it means you die. It's no rule but you don't lose anything by letting them run their course and dying...call it a tip of the hat to your opponent.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Very fun 1v1...keep fight...whatever Acidblast. Thought we were both going to die at the end.

Zitat Zitat von Kaern48 Beitrag anzeigen
    Very fun 1v1...keep fight...whatever Acidblast. Thought we were both going to die at the end.
    I enjoyed watching all of that.
    Cost (85 Hunter, r7), Costs (95 RK. r8), Cosst (95 Burglar, r11), Costss (85 Guard, r7), Cossts (95 Mini, r10), Costts (85 Cappy, r8), Cosstt (85 LM, r9), Costt (95 Warden, r7), Craid (Warg, r9)

That was fun, but too bad my weaver's damage is complete garbage against heavies, (you were doing higher dps then me with your bow and let fly). Everytime I tried to fight you on reaver, cost and his merry band of burglars zerged me with dust in the eyes stacks

Zitat Zitat von varobun1 Beitrag anzeigen
    That was fun, but too bad my weaver's damage is complete garbage against heavies, (you were doing higher dps then me with your bow and let fly). Everytime I tried to fight you on reaver, cost and his merry band of burglars zerged me with dust in the eyes stacks
    I am/was solo btw ... so technically not My merry band. lol
    Cost (85 Hunter, r7), Costs (95 RK. r8), Cosst (95 Burglar, r11), Costss (85 Guard, r7), Cossts (95 Mini, r10), Costts (85 Cappy, r8), Cosstt (85 LM, r9), Costt (95 Warden, r7), Craid (Warg, r9)

Fantastic fights today. Not really a 1v1, but it was extremely fun to try to fight a raid solo. 12.2 helped guards quite a bit.

Some good 1v1s the last week or so... Special shout outs to xtemplarx for some really fun fights as well as kurmuz and barksworth growlington. I am trying to get away from those nasty yellow line traps, so don't be surprised to see me go burn hot and die within seconds cause my movement is terrible. But I will continue to mix it up hoping for the best fights possible to anyone who wants a fight. Hope to see some new faces at the 1v1s or roaming the field solo. Best of luck out there.

Bralleg

Thanks costs for letting alone my lovely bralleg 1v1
    [URL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/skuppers/media/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg.html][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/skuppers/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Zitat Zitat von Scuppers Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks costs for letting alone my lovely bralleg 1v1
    I do my best to avoid interfering in 1v1s if it is clear that was the intention of both players. I have made mistakes in the past (by jumping in before asking) but I tend to leave those who want to 1v1 alone.

Had lots of fun in our 1v1 marathon last night Bralleg. Thanks again for taking off audacity for my freaver.

Good fights Nightarrow. I will try to do 1v1s without incoming damage reducing buffs next time, but they last for a long time and are a must when roaming solo.

Honorable mention to Ulgannion. No real 1v1s but a couple duels that were mostly close depending on circumstances.
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

Good fights with you tonight Asp, Bralleg, An, and that one guard whose name i have already forgotten. Yes, you too vim, your ganking kept me on my toes, too bad they had you and your minion's knives in them all the time.

1v1 Etiquette

I was gone for awhile before coming back in December, so I may have missed something, but I have really noticed a degradation in the following of the unspoken 1v1 rules. When did it become acceptable to use heal pots in a 1v1? When did it become acceptable to pop a token and scrolls before 1v1s? When did it become acceptable to pop long CDs like Uruk heals during a 1v1? When did a freep using a very low CD heal become justification for his opponent to use every heal at his disposal?

There is no one to enforce these rules, so lets just call them guidelines, or a social contract of sorts. When you 1v1, you're agreeing to an uninterrupted fight to the death. You are also agreeing to providing as fair of a test as is possible of the skills of the two opponents. In order to be fair, you're going to have take some penalties to level the playing field. To the best of my memory, this is what we used to follow when we were doing Friday night 1v1s on Candy Mountain:

1. Not pots of any sort. This includes morale, power, stun, root, fear, poison, bleed, disease, and definitely store pots.
    2. No use of long CDs. This used to be set at anything over a minute in CD.
      • Also consider limiting your 30s+ skill use if it will make the fight more fair. This is for you to police yourself.

3. No consumable buffs. This includes food, mitigation, armor, resistance, avoidance, morale and power buffs.
      • Freeps get lots of store buffs from the hobbit lottery, or from the anniversary event. These last a long time. Creeps get 30m buff pots. You may very well have one or all of these up when you find 1v1s. Since you can't shed your buffs, just be prepared for people to choose not to fight you because you have them. Don't re-up them during a 1v1 session if they expire.
      • I am also of the opinion that low to mid-rank creeps should be able to keep their buffs up. This increases parity, and helps a lot since creeps don't have all of the gear options to customize their character that freeps do. This would need to be agreed to by the community. High rank creeps probably don't need them and should consider letting them expire during 1v1s.

4. Select your opponent and jump to show interest in 1v1ing. Wait till they jump back to confirm agreement to fight.
      • Move apart a few paces before beginning. This allows ranged classes a bit of room to kite if those are their tactics. It also lets certain classes use skills that must be used outside of combat before the fight starts.
      • Allow wargs to stealth before the fight. This is a key part of a Shadow wargs tactics.

5. Be respectful in victory or defeat.
      • No corpse-jumping. We've all done it and it has no place in fundamentally respectful combat like 1v1s.
      • Consider bowing or cheering to show respect for a good fight.
      • Let yourself bleed out at the end of combat. This goes hand in hand with not using pots, but it may require not using your class heals as well.
      • Consider letting an NPC kill you. This rewards an opponent with points for a particularly good or close fight. I have seen some attack a bystander to get them to kill them. It works, but can leave the character confused as to why you're attacking them, and it splits the points. Up to you.

6. Consider not using certain builds
      • You don't have to limit your build because it would allow you to win, only if it would prevent you from losing. No one wants to fight someone who can't be killed. We should aim for fights that are won based on better tactical movement, skill choice and bit of luck. If you are traited in such a way that you end a fight at full health, you're not being a respectful opponent.

Let me know if I missed anything or if the community has different ideas of what is fair these days.

A few things I have noticed... there are probably very few people left on the server that remember Candy Mountain. Very few people care about even fights much less challenging themselves to get better at there class (most only care about easy points). Apparently dying is taboo in pvp land as many seem afraid of it.

IMO use what you need to too make the fight close, whether that means limiting the skills you use (or using skills that you normally don't against higher ranked or better skilled players), tactics you employ (flopping, kiting, healing excessively, etc). Consider taking gear off as a freep if your opponent is completely outmatched. Personally I would rather see skill in movement and I guess occasionally the RNG be the deciding factor instead of turbines gross negligence in any resemblance of balance (and yes I do understand classes aren't supposed to be balanced and nor do I want them that way). Anyways see anyone who wants to 1v1 or zerg me at my usual spot when I log in.

Bralleg

Arrow

Zitat Zitat von RtrnofdMax Beitrag anzeigen
    1. Not pots of any sort. This includes morale, power, stun, root, fear, poison, bleed, disease, and definitely store pots.
      • Also consider limiting your 30s+ skill use if it will make the fight more fair. This is for you to police yourself.

3. No consumable buffs. This includes food, mitigation, armor, resistance, avoidance, morale and power buffs.
      • Freeps get lots of store buffs from the hobbit lottery, or from the anniversary event. These last a long time. Creeps get 30m buff pots. You may very well have one or all of these up when you find 1v1s. Since you can't shed your buffs, just be prepared for people to choose not to fight you because you have them. Don't re-up them during a 1v1 session if they expire.
      • I am also of the opinion that low to mid-rank creeps should be able to keep their buffs up. This increases parity, and helps a lot since creeps don't have all of the gear options to customize their character that freeps do. This would need to be agreed to by the community. High rank creeps probably don't need them and should consider letting them expire during 1v1s.

4. Select your opponent and jump to show interest in 1v1ing. Wait till they jump back to confirm agreement to fight.
      • Move apart a few paces before beginning. This allows ranged classes a bit of room to kite if those are their tactics. It also lets certain classes use skills that must be used outside of combat before the fight starts.
      • Allow wargs to stealth before the fight. This is a key part of a Shadow wargs tactics.

• No corpse-jumping. We've all done it and it has no place in fundamentally respectful combat like 1v1s.
      • Let yourself bleed out at the end of combat. This goes hand in hand with not using pots, but it may require not using your class heals as well.
      • Consider letting an NPC kill you. This rewards an opponent with points for a particularly good or close fight. I have seen some attack a bystander to get them to kill them. It works, but can leave the character confused as to why you're attacking them, and it splits the points. Up to you.

• You don't have to limit your build because it would allow you to win, only if it would prevent you from losing. No one wants to fight someone who can't be killed. We should aim for fights that are won based on better tactical movement, skill choice and bit of luck. If you are traited in such a way that you end a fight at full health, you're not being a respectful opponent.

Let me know if I missed anything or if the community has different ideas of what is fair these days.
    I largely agree, although this list goes from the assuption of relative balance e.g. a well played warden using this list is likely to beat a well played spider the majority of times just as a well played BA is likely to beat a red line champion most times.

Also I was running CA when I was fighting you, and total damage was at around 55k for most fights - if you are healing 125% of your morale I dont see how you can then expect others to nerf themselves. But I do appreciate that you changed build after those first two fights,

I think Bralleg's approach is probably fairest with the current state of things.

p.s. they changed morale pots creepside to heal ~14% of morale - you may have confused this for uruk heal?

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

I was gone for awhile before coming back in December, so I may have missed something, but I have really noticed a degradation in the following of the unspoken 1v1 rules. When did it become acceptable to use heal pots in a 1v1? When did it become acceptable to pop a token and scrolls before 1v1s? When did it become acceptable to pop long CDs like Uruk heals during a 1v1? When did a freep using a very low CD heal become justification for his opponent to use every heal at his disposal?

There is no one to enforce these rules, so lets just call them guidelines, or a social contract of sorts. When you 1v1, you're agreeing to an uninterrupted fight to the death. You are also agreeing to providing as fair of a test as is possible of the skills of the two opponents. In order to be fair, you're going to have take some penalties to level the playing field. To the best of my memory, this is what we used to follow when we were doing Friday night 1v1s on Candy Mountain:

All this is perfect, if there was still +Rep I would do that but can't any more. I wish more people would see this and follow it, I miss good ol' 1v1s.
    [center][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdoual520eb.png[/IMG]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Renbash-1 ~ Hadrochnyce ~ Lotharius-1 ~ Sabaktes-1[/FONT]
    [color=#FC0303] ~ Riddermark and Brandywine ~[/color]
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uSwToWqYOs/]This probably applies to you.[/url] [/center]

i agree with most of the things... only not with the wound etc. pots but the rest of it. Perfect!

Zitat Zitat von Shumzuda Beitrag anzeigen
    I largely agree, although this list goes from the assuption of relative balance e.g. a well played warden using this list is likely to beat a well played spider the majority of times just as a well played BA is likely to beat a red line champion most times.

Also I was running CA when I was fighting you, and total damage was at around 55k for most fights - if you are healing 125% of your morale I dont see how you can then expect others to nerf themselves. But I do appreciate that you changed build after those first two fights,

I think Bralleg's approach is probably fairest with the current state of things.

p.s. they changed morale pots creepside to heal ~14% of morale - you may have confused this for uruk heal?
    Perhaps. I was trying to keep this impersonal, as both sides aren't really behaving.

I just had a couple of fights with you and this warg where things were going down to the wire, with both sides at around 4-5k health. I would just start thinking oh man who is going to get the crit, and boom, you guys go up to 13k health and its over. Cappy heals are for maintenance, not life saving. And I wasn't popping RC at the end of the fight because it's far more valuable to pop a damaging skill. Point is, my heals might change the course of the fight over the entire fight, while pots and uruk heals can save your life in an instant. If I see that the fights are not close at the end, trust me to lower the amount of self healing I do. A Creep choosing to pot when both sides are under 10k health is them choosing not to die, and that I just can't agree with.

Perhaps. I was trying to keep this impersonal, as both sides aren't really behaving.

I just had a couple of fights with you and this warg where things were going down to the wire, with both sides at around 4-5k health. I would just start thinking oh man who is going to get the crit, and boom, you guys go up to 13k health and its over. Cappy heals are for maintenance, not life saving. And I wasn't popping RC at the end of the fight because it's far more valuable to pop a damaging skill. Point is, my heals might change the course of the fight over the entire fight, while pots and uruk heals can save your life in an instant. If I see that the fights are not close at the end, trust me to lower the amount of self healing I do. A Creep choosing to pot when both sides are under 10k health is them choosing not to die, and that I just can't agree with.
    Cariance has always maintained this style for the years ive known him. If he can keep it fair, he will. Or he wont fight you. Been that way since SoM with him
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

In other news: ESO has another beta this weekend.

Zitat Zitat von Costs Beitrag anzeigen
    In other news: ESO has another beta this weekend.
    True and since you can create Imperials now, I will be there.

thanks for the 1v1s to all those who fought me the past couple months on the rare occasion i log in. particular shout outs to kaern (i think you were on every time i logged in) and bralleg. a lot of guys i don't remember but thanks as well. even got a few in with cariance a few weeks ago. never got myself to full audacity cause i don't play enough but still had plenty of good close fights.

but my time on on ridder is coming to an end. today i saw it was last day for tp transfers and submitted a ticket to move my reaver to landy. i wasn't gonna do it as i don't play much and refused to spend money on the game (was a few hundred tp short) but scup's hounding and the last chance for tp transfers motivated me to spend the 8 bucks to make her happy. it may take a few weeks and i may log in once or twice for any last 1v1s with those still here. it was a pleasure and killing and dying on this server. gl to those sticking it out

~vudu, uduv

Seite 88 von 90 ErsteErste ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LetzteLetzte