Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 81 von 127 ErsteErste ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 2.001 bis 2.025 von 3173
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Zitat Zitat von StrideColossus Beitrag anzeigen
    I reckon this is from Sam's Troll Song that he makes up when Strider and the hobbits find Bilbo's trolls.

In the song the troll has nicked a bone from Tom Bombadil's uncle.
    Thats the one.
    Yer up Stride.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Zitat Zitat von Boraxxe Beitrag anzeigen
    Thats the one.
    Yer up Stride.
    Here you go: triple stretch

This may be a bit of a stretch, but here goes;

If we think of "stretch" as a stint of imprisonment then I can think of one Tolkien character that did a triple stretch.

That would be Gollum.

1. He was imprisoned by Sauron's minions when he was nosing around in Mordor while searching for the missing precious.

2. He was captured by Aragorn and then held by the Wood Elves of Mirkwood.

3. He was grabbed once again by Faramir and company and held captive when he was lurking at the forbidden pool in Ithilien.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

If we think of "stretch" as a stint of imprisonment then I can think of one Tolkien character that did a triple stretch.

That would be Gollum.

1. He was imprisoned by Sauron's minions when he was nosing around in Mordor while searching for the missing precious.

3. He was grabbed once again by Faramir and company and held captive when he was lurking at the forbidden pool in Ithilien.
    So close, so close. Must admit that answer is plausible, but not the character I was thinking of.

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    So close, so close. Must admit that answer is plausible, but not the character I was thinking of.
    Even when incorrect, Bpraxxe's powers of reasoning are impressive.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Hmmm...
    How about the 13 dwarves?

1. Held by the trolls.
    2. Held by the spiders.
    3. Held by the Wood Elves.

the three ages of Middle earth, The first Age, the Second Age and the Third Age.

Re: triple stretch

Maybe the ring-bearers. Gollum, Bilbo and ...Frodo? Three hobbits getting affected by the ring and getting stretched or thinned. Like Bilbo said "Well preserved, they sayd. Bah!!" a.s.o. "Im feeling stretced" and in need of a vacation.

Maybe Im taking sretched too literally and Frodo maybe doesn´t fit perfectly since he only carried the ring for a short while.

Zitat Zitat von Al. Beitrag anzeigen
    the three ages of Middle earth, The first Age, the Second Age and the Third Age.
    Then why not the fourth age which began w/ the end of the war of the ring and the reign of Elessar.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Zitat Zitat von Duathrandir Beitrag anzeigen
    Then why not the fourth age which began w/ the end of the war of the ring and the reign of Elessar.
    Fourth Age besides been named Tolkien never expanded on it, that is why I didn't count it.

Zitat Zitat von EddieMuerto Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe the ring-bearers. Gollum, Bilbo and ...Frodo? Three hobbits getting affected by the ring and getting stretched or thinned. Like Bilbo said "Well preserved, they sayd. Bah!!" a.s.o. "Im feeling stretced" and in need of a vacation.

Maybe Im taking sretched too literally and Frodo maybe doesn´t fit perfectly since he only carried the ring for a short while.
    But then you'd have to include Sam, technically he was a ring-bearer, even if it was only for a few hours. Good idea and reasoning though.

Zitat Zitat von Wolfhelm Beitrag anzeigen
    But then you'd have to include Sam, technically he was a ring-bearer, even if it was only for a few hours. Good idea and reasoning though.

Also Sauron was the original bearer of the ring, so it would make it 4, if we discard Sam.

Technically 7 beings had access to the Ring in total.
    However the ones who had the significantly extended tenure with it, who actually experienced its effects on their spirit, the whole "stretching" thing in question, are the 3: Gollum, Bilbo and Frodo.

Zitat Zitat von Egorvlad Beitrag anzeigen
    Technically 7 beings had access to the Ring in total.
    However the ones who had the significantly extended tenure with it, who actually experienced its effects on their spirit, the whole "stretching" thing in question, are the 3: Gollum, Bilbo and Frodo.
    Eddie specifically mentioned hobbits, that's why I added Sam. Sauron obviously had the ring far longer than anyone else, over 1800 years if memory serves, Gollum in second place had it for about 500 years, next was Bilbo for 60 years, followed by Frodo at 18 years (although he had little to do with it until the last year), Isildur barely 2 years and Sam a few hours. I assume your counting Tom Bombadil as the seventh ring bearer, if so he held it only a few minutes at most.

Eddie specifically mentioned hobbits, that's why I added Sam. Sauron obviously had the ring far longer than anyone else, over 1800 years if memory serves, Gollum in second place had it for about 500 years, next was Bilbo for 60 years, followed by Frodo at 18 years (although he had little to do with it until the last year), Isildur barely 2 years and Sam a few hours. I assume your counting Tom Bombadil as the seventh ring bearer, if so he held it only a few minutes at most.
    Actually, there were 9 ringbearers.
    You left off Deagol (who grabbed it from the Anduin river bed) and then Gandalf who held it briefly.

‘It has everything to do with it,’ said Gandalf. ‘You do not know the real peril yet; but you shall. I was not sure of it myself when I was last here; but the time has come to speak. Give me the ring for a moment.’
    Frodo took it from his breeches-pocket, where it was clasped to a chain that hung from his belt. He unfastened it and handed it slowly to the wizard. It felt suddenly very heavy, as if either it or Frodo himself was in some way reluctant for Gandalf to touch it. Gandalf held it up. It looked to be made of pure and solid gold. ‘Can you see any markings on it?’ he asked.
    J.R.R. Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings (p. 49). Harper Collins, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

[QUOTE=Boraxxe;6957610]Actually, there were 9 ringbearers.
    You left off Deagol (who grabbed it from the Anduin river bed) and then Gandalf who held it briefly.

Good reasoning of all of you. I do notice an error in my post, writing THE ring-bearers. Egorvlad is much correct in talking about what I meant. Frodo Bilbo and Sméagol had it for some time also using it, thus getting more affected by it and experiencing the "stretching".
    As for the ring-bearers, I count them as those actually bearing the ring: Frodo, Sméagol, Bilbo, Sam. Déagol probably didn't, Gandalf definitely not, Isildur is unknown of. Tom Bombadill is in my opinion wearing it, not bearing it. Sauron naturally the original and lord of it, but was the ring using its will on him? Maybe. I however start doubting that my answer is correct.

Good pick up Boraxxe, I'd completely forgotten about Deagol. Despite having read the books numerous times I didn't recall Gandalf actually handling the Ring, only him retrieving it from the fire (using tongs). I blame the movie for that part

Quite right. 9 beings ever touched it. 7 wore it. 3 had it affect them quite significantly. So the answer about the hobbits is plausible technically.

So, we still have no solution to the riddle "triple stretch" right? I want to make sure I did not miss something.

no solution yet

How about Gwaihir "The Windlord" who "Stretched his wings" (and ostensibly his legs) in carrying Gandalf, once when he rescued him from Orthanc, again when he found him on a peak of the misty mountains (drawing a total blank on the name of the peak) after he was sent back to Middle-earth as Gandalf the White and delivered him to the eaves of Fangorn forest, and finally, a third time in search of Frodo and Samwise after the destruction of the ring.

Some excellent guesses but all incorrect I'm afraid. Actually Broaxxe's very first post was the closest, I'll quote it again:

That would be Gollum.

And there was a subtle clue in my response: the answer is a character.

Zitat Zitat von Duathrandir Beitrag anzeigen
    How about Gwaihir "The Windlord" who "Stretched his wings" (and ostensibly his legs) in carrying Gandalf, once when he rescued him from Orthanc, again when he found him on a peak of the misty mountains (drawing a total blank on the name of the peak) after he was sent back to Middle-earth as Gandalf the White and delivered him to the eaves of Fangorn forest, and finally, a third time in search of Frodo and Samwise after the destruction of the ring.
    I thought of that too. But he carried Gandalf in "The Hobbit" too. From the burning trees to the eagles place and to Carroc. But it would have made sense imo

Re: triple stretch

Frodo then?

Captured by:

1 the barrow-wight
    2 Shelob
    3 the orcs of Cirith Ungol

...Sauron naturally the original and lord of it, but was the ring using its will on him?...
    The one ring didn't use his will on Sauron cause the ring will was Sauron's will. A great part of Sauron spirit live withing the ring. That is why when the ring got destroyed, Sauron died.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Seite 81 von 127 ErsteErste ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LetzteLetzte