Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15

What the heck? Unable to call Heralds?

Okay, so it's probably been awhile since I've manually equipped/unequipped heralds and banners. Recently, I moved/removed/replaced stuff around, and somehow managed to kill my call-to-arms skill.

So here's what I did. I manually dragged my Swordswoman into the bow slot. I also made it a quickslot button next to my call-to-arms button. Also made sure my banners were clearly not equipped. Even left my character equipment window open just as a sanity check.

I then clicked on call-to-arms, and the following error message displayed:

"This skill is being barred from use"

Huh?

Re: What the heck? Unable to call Heralds?

Do you have the "Strength from Within" or whatever trait slotted? The muster courage self-heal trait bans the use of heralds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e20801000001ea7f/signature.png]Hawtshot[/charsig]

If it isn't that, we just had a captain in our kin who couldn't summon his herald either.

Turned out that while the herald was gone, even after logging out, the game still thought he had one summoned.

He had to do a /pet release to actually clear the herald and he was then able to summon it. This tip came from Turbine support, IIRC.

Hope this helps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000048e9/01001/signature.png]Duglarick[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von TristanKalaman Beitrag anzeigen
    He had to do a /pet release to actually clear the herald and he was then able to summon it. This tip came from Turbine support, IIRC.
    I use (for all my toons) a shortcut key for this very command.

Code:
    /shortcut ## /pet release
    This will paste a button in whatever slot number you put for "##" that you can click to release any pets you have out at that time. This also goes for skirmish soldiers.

Hope it helps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000f13b3/01008/signature.png]Celeodor[/charsig]
    [color=aqua]~[b]Celeodor, Halenden, Plantri, Renbrand[/b][/color]
    [color=darkred]~[color=red][b]Brishnak, Asknai, Ohey[/b][/color], Venanor, Controversy, Sharc, Lugsha[/color]
    [color=gold]~GotV Kinship of Windfola[/color]

Zitat Zitat von Alturin Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you have the "Strength from Within" or whatever trait slotted? The muster courage self-heal trait bans the use of heralds.
    </smackshead> That SfW trait was the problem! Thanks!

Huh, I'd never noticed that caveat of SfW. Is it somehow better than it sounds? Seems like a massive hit to lose a core component of our class just for a self-heal on a 30-second cooldown.

Zitat Zitat von KrisXerxes Beitrag anzeigen
    Huh, I'd never noticed that caveat of SfW. Is it somehow better than it sounds? Seems like a massive hit to lose a core component of our class just for a self-heal on a 30-second cooldown.
    Well it's not so "core component". Healing from SfW is much superior, buff from banner stays around while herald can die, you get +damage from banner to compensate from the lost damage from the herald. The only time I miss my herald is when I want to interact with an object besides a mob and I can't summon one to die to the mob while I do it. I have to kill the mob before interacting, which is slower (e.g. daily in gathburz where you have to burn the banners).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001307b6/01003/signature.png]Turimborn[/charsig]
    [i]If you found this post useful, please add rep to the poster by clicking on the star icon in the bottom left corner of this message (you have to be logged in to do so).[/i]

Zitat Zitat von Turimbar Beitrag anzeigen
    Well it's not so "core component". Healing from SfW is much superior, buff from banner stays around while herald can die, you get +damage from banner to compensate from the lost damage from the herald. The only time I miss my herald is when I want to interact with an object besides a mob and I can't summon one to die to the mob while I do it. I have to kill the mob before interacting, which is slower (e.g. daily in gathburz where you have to burn the banners).
    Banner? I thought you couldn't drop a banner either. "Muster Courage will heal yourself in addition to its benefits versus Fear, but you cannot summon Heralds, Banners or Archers."

I'm just pulling this from the lorebook, i've never slotted this trait. I agree that I rarely pull out my herald except when i need to deal with a big pack or don't feel like dropping my banner every 50 feet in a group, but not being able to drop the banner would be a big loss.

Zitat Zitat von KrisXerxes Beitrag anzeigen
    Banner? I thought you couldn't drop a banner either. "Muster Courage will heal yourself in addition to its benefits versus Fear, but you cannot summon Heralds, Banners or Archers."

I'm just pulling this from the lorebook, i've never slotted this trait. I agree that I rarely pull out my herald except when i need to deal with a big pack or don't feel like dropping my banner every 50 feet in a group, but not being able to drop the banner would be a big loss.
    Nah, you can do banner and SFW self heal from MC. I do it all the time, it works.

Looks like the actual page on SfW removed the word "Banner:" http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Trait...th_from_Within

That's good news. I'd give up the herald for a hefty self-heal, given that I typically use the banner anyway.

Zitat Zitat von Wikkedude Beitrag anzeigen
    Okay, so it's probably been awhile since I've manually equipped/unequipped heralds and banners. Recently, I moved/removed/replaced stuff around, and somehow managed to kill my call-to-arms skill.

So here's what I did. I manually dragged my Swordswoman into the bow slot. I also made it a quickslot button next to my call-to-arms button. Also made sure my banners were clearly not equipped. Even left my character equipment window open just as a sanity check.

I then clicked on call-to-arms, and the following error message displayed:

"This skill is being barred from use"

Huh?
    3 words : Strength from Within.
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

a third cause

I just had this happen to me, and /pet release didn't work, and I don't have SfW. But I found a third cause. Somehow my Simple Standard of Hope banner got slotted into my character ranged weapon slot. I don't know how, nor do I have any idea what it would do there. Removing it cleared up the problem.

Zitat Zitat von jimr60 Beitrag anzeigen
    I just had this happen to me, and /pet release didn't work, and I don't have SfW. But I found a third cause. Somehow my Simple Standard of Hope banner got slotted into my character ranged weapon slot. I don't know how, nor do I have any idea what it would do there. Removing it cleared up the problem.
    In order to plant a banner, it first have to be equipped, and the slot for them are the Ranged slot, same as the Herald Armament. That it was in your ranged slot is thus completely correct.

Still cant summon herald?????

I still cant summon my herald of hope or war and I've tried all the suggestions and they don't work for me all it says is " you cannot summon a new companion at this time" and i don't have anything summoned ???? pls someone help me

Zitat Zitat von hithlander Beitrag anzeigen
    I still cant summon my herald of hope or war and I've tried all the suggestions and they don't work for me all it says is " you cannot summon a new companion at this time" and i don't have anything summoned ???? pls someone help me
    Did you try /pet release? There is a difference between "You cannot summon a companion at this time" and "you cannot summon a NEW companion..."

Where were you when you tried? Were you in combat? Was your companion possibly in combat? I recently started playing my cappy again and forgot that when I mounted up and rode through mobs creating an aggro train, dismounting meant my oathbreaker herald when swooping back to the mobs that had attacked us! They can quickly get out of sight and put you in a combat state even though none of the mobs are near you. Also, if you ran through mobs and left your herald behind, he's not as smart about running away. He may have stayed to duke it out and until he's been dead a while you'll still be in combat mode.

Try to give some more details about the situation and maybe we can help.
    Officer in Windfola's House of Blackrock: a great, casual kin of people who play a lot. [url]http://hobonline.org[/url]