Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 22 von 22

Armor Set Comparison

I've gathered information, and run the numbers in Excel of our radiance gear. Statwise, the 10 Rad set is awesome. I'm really partial to the 90 radiance set up (second best, IMHO) that uses the 25 rad helm and shoulders with the 10 rad stuff for the rest. Otherwise, stats get worse with the more radiance you have.... For those wondering where Rochben is... I ran it with a hypothetical build for 120 radiance.... the glove is NOT worth using for a captain.

Soo... overall stats:
    Set................Armor...Mig ht..Agility..Vitality..Fate... Will..Rad..Morale..ICMR..Power ..Acid...Shadow....Fire..Light ning..Frost..Melee Off..Incoming Healing..Tactical Crit..Wound..Poison
    65 PvP............3724......109.. .....69.......177.....25...127 ....0......102...88.8.....218. ......0.......792........0.... ........0........0............ 0......................0...... ..........53......792......396
    Heroic Noble's...3565......171.....15 2.......152.....57.....38....0 ......324....263.....146...... .0..........0........0........ .....0.......0............0... ...................0.......... .......0..........0.........0
    Crafted Loth.....3682.....180......160 .......160....100.....20....0. ....352..122.4.....237.......0 ..........0........0.......... ...0.......0............0..... ..............248............. ....0..........0.........0
    10 Rad.............3769.....206.. ....172.......186.....83...187 ...80........0........0.....20 4..1440...........0.......0... ..........0.......0........... .0......................0..... ............0..........0...... ...0
    20 Rad.............4013.....189.. ....189.......187.....63...... 0..100.....190..170.4.....583. ......0..........0...1440..... ...1440.......0............0.. ....................0......... ........0..........0.........0
    30 Rad.............4200.....179.. ....201.......197.....44.....2 2..180....407....90.6.....282. ......0.....1512........0..... ........0..1512.........378... ...................0.......... .......0..........0.........0
    90 Rad Mix........3801.....221......1 61.......190.....84...168...90 ........0.........0....286...1 440..........0........0....... .....0........0...........0... ...................0.......... .......0..........0.........0
    15/25 Rad........3796......201...... 129......175......72...145..12 0.......0.........0....222.... ...0......1440...1512......... ....0.......0...........0..... .................0............ .....0..........0.........0
    25/20 Mix.........4003......205..... .163......185.....44.....53..1 35.......0...170.4.....485.... ...0..........0...1512........ .....0.......0............0... ...................0.......... .......0..........0.........0

65 PvP 4 Piece Bonus: -25% Last Stand Recovery Time
    65 PvP 6 Piece Bonus: -25% Escape from Darkness Recovery Time
    65 PvP Helm: On use +45 maximum power
    65 PvP Boots: -4 Root Duration
    10 Radiance 6 Piece Bonus: Valiant Strike Returns 20% greater morale
    20 Radiance 5 Piece Bonus: Defeat Event skills recovery time reduced by 15%
    30 Radiance 5 Piece Bonus: Battle Shout has a 10% chance to reset cooldown

A few notes about the above:
    Mix is the 90 radiance build of 25 rad helm/shoulders, with 10 rad other.
    25/20 uses the 25 rad set items filled with the DN rad items.

65 PvP Set
    • [armour]Pauldrons of the Officer[/armour]
    • [armour]Breastplate of the Officer[/armour]
    • [armour]Gauntlets of the Officer[/armour]
    • [armour]Leggings of the Officer[/armour]
    • [armour]Boots of the Officer[/armour]
    • [armour]Helm of the Officer[/armour]

Heroic Nobles
    • [armour]Heroic Noble's Armour[/armour]
    • [armour]Heroic Noble's Boots[/armour]
    • [armour]Heroic Noble's Gloves[/armour]
    • [armour]Heroic Noble's Helm[/armour]
    • [armour]Heroic Noble's Leggings[/armour]
    • [armour]Heroic Noble's Shoulder Guards[/armour]

Crafted Loth
    • [armour]Glorious Boots of the Galadhrim[/armour]
    • [armour]Glorious Gauntlets of the Galadhrim[/armour]
    • [armour]Glorious Hauberk of the Galadhrim[/armour]
    • [armour]Glorious Helmet of the Galadhrim[/armour]
    • [armour]Glorious Leggings of the Galadhrim[/armour]
    • [armour]Glorious Pauldrons of the Galadhrim[/armour]

10 Radiance Set
    • [armour]Hall-general's Boots[/armour]
    • [armour]Hall-general's Breastplate[/armour]
    • [armour]Hall-general's Gauntlets[/armour]
    • [armour]Hall-general's Helm[/armour]
    • [armour]Hall-general's Leggings[/armour]
    • [armour]Hall-general's Shoulders[/armour]

15 Radiance Set
    • [armour]Hall-captain's Breastplate[/armour]
    • [armour]Hall-captain's Gauntlets[/armour]
    • [armour]Hall-captain's Leggings[/armour]

20 Radiance Set
    • [armour]Boots of the Lady's Courage[/armour]
    • [armour]Breastplate of the Lady's Courage[/armour]
    • [armour]Gauntlets of the Lady's Courage[/armour]
    • [armour]Helm of the Lady's Courage[/armour]
    • [armour]Leggings of the Lady's Courage[/armour]
    • [armour]Shoulders of the Lady's Courage[/armour]

25 Radiance Set
    • [armour]Boots of the High Captain[/armour]
    • [armour]Helm of the High Captain[/armour]
    • [armour]Shoulders of the High Captain[/armour]

30 Radiance Set
    • [armour]Battle-leader's Boots[/armour]
    • [armour]Battle-leader's Breastplate[/armour]
    • [armour]Battle-leader's Gauntlets[/armour]
    • [armour]Battle-leader's Helm[/armour]
    • [armour]Battle-leader's Leggings[/armour]
    • [armour]Battle-leader's Shoulders[/armour]
    Geändert von Almagnus1 (27.04.2010 um 05:09 Uhr)
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Re: The Great (De)Motivator

Good comparitive post. I believe the most balanced armour build for a captain is 5 watcher + DN shoulders.

The thing that isn't accounted for here is the set bonus for DN which is by far the best of any of the sets. What would be great is if you could add comparisons to crafted armour as well, but it is slightly depressing that stat wise our gear hasn't improved in a long time.

+reps and stuff

No one's gear has improved stat-wise.

That's why they made it purple!

So we can have uberteals next time!

Added both of the Kindred Metalsmithing Guild armour sets. I'm not sure where the Mirkwood stuff stands in comparison to either, but it is inferior, if memory serves.... I'll take a look at it later tonight.

I left the info about the set bonuses with the items (you should be able to see by mousing over the item). While the 20 rad set bonus is really nice, I'd rather have the stats off of the 10 rad set - so VStrike's boost isn't all that bad.

This is interesting. I wonder if this is why the game feels like it has stalled right now. I personally run with the +25 rad helm & shoulders with the +10 rad chest, gloves, legs & boots with a Lothlorien Stalker's Cloak, a +20 Agility relic on my greatsword, a +20 Will on my Emblem, and I'm very happy with my CPT's setup.

I personally don't see the pressing need to run DN or BG to get that rad gear. I knew the stats were worse, and your table proves it. Why go through all that trouble for gear that's not worth it in the end?

The times that I have participated in 12-person content in LOTRO, it's been 4 hours later and we're no where farther along than when we began and all I have to show for it is an 800 silver repair bill. Needless to say I'm not impressed with the 12-person content.

Give me a 3 or 6-person raid any day over the 12's. Why? Because as the saying goes for 12-person raids in LOTRO: 12 people needed to run it; only 1 needed to ***** it up.

Turbine had it right with the original 6 man raids for the +10 rad Moria gear. Now they introduced these generic Moria Medallions and no one runs anything but Grand Stair over and over.
    Geändert von Anthronole (22.04.2010 um 22:26 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Anthronole Beitrag anzeigen
    This is interesting. I wonder if this is why the game feels like it has stalled right now. I personally run with the +25 rad helm & shoulders with the +10 rad chest, gloves, legs & boots with a Lothlorien Stalker's Cloak and I'm very happy with my CPT's setup.

I personally don't see the pressing need to run DN or BG to get that rad gear. I knew the stats were worse, and your table proves it. Why go through all that trouble for gear that's not worth it in the end?

The times that I have participated in 12-person content in LOTRO, it's been 4 hours later and we're no where farther along than when we began and all I have to show for it is an 800 silver repair bill. Needless to say I'm not impressed with the 12-person content.

Give me a 3 or 6-person raid any day over the 12's. Why? Because as the saying goes for 12-person raids in LOTRO: 12 people to run it; only 1 to ***** it up.

Turbine had it right with the original 6 man raids for the +10 rad Moria gear. Now they introduced these generic Moria Medallions and no one runs anything but Grand Stair over and over.
    The DN set bonus is completly overpowered when linked with a first age emblem with -RC cool down is why to run DN, 8 sec RC is an amazing amount of healing.

In terms of armour I'm running BG again for the set bonus, being as I switch armour during fights, getting another battle shout off (read getting a free corruption removal) is extremely useful. Really now though I'm raiding for the fun of it, BG, if you take out the stupid trash respawns is much more fun than DN and Watcher and is incomparable to turtle.

Zitat Zitat von Felaedor Beitrag anzeigen
    No one's gear has improved stat-wise.

That's why they made it purple!

So we can have uberteals next time!
    yeah pretty much

not that stats mean much anyway

Zitat Zitat von Apocatequil Beitrag anzeigen
    The DN set bonus is completly overpowered when linked with a first age emblem with -RC cool down is why to run DN, 8 sec RC is an amazing amount of healing.

In terms of armour I'm running BG again for the set bonus, being as I switch armour during fights, getting another battle shout off (read getting a free corruption removal) is extremely useful. Really now though I'm raiding for the fun of it, BG, if you take out the stupid trash respawns is much more fun than DN and Watcher and is incomparable to turtle.
    or any emblem with RC CD

and yeah if just the bosses are taken into account, BG is kinda fun. I'd rather it be something further than corruption removal, DPS, kiting, and healing, but maybe in the next raid (and it's still fun nonetheless).
    Geändert von IGolbezI (22.04.2010 um 22:44 Uhr)
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Adding the set bonuses.....

That's the crux of the 10 vs 20 rad sets... 10 rad has better stats (IMHO), but 20 rad has the best bonus.

Well for set bonus's, the rift set bonus is really nice as well, especially for the moors, as is the ettenmoors set bonus (Insta-escape from darkness and -25s LS CD respectively for those who don't know).

I'll have to look them up, then calc out their respective stats and throw them up here eventually....

Rift armor might be interesting... but probably fall short of the crafted stuff...

I don't have much hope for the PvP armour honestly....

Zitat Zitat von Anthronole Beitrag anzeigen
    This is interesting. I wonder if this is why the game feels like it has stalled right now.

Out of topic but this is one of the reason why i think raiding is a waste of time right now.

The barter system is a better option then the roll option, but it has its flaws. And yes running GS over and over is boring, its like the SH..
    Zitat Zitat von Almagnus1 Beitrag anzeigen
    Rift armor might be interesting... but probably fall short of the crafted stuff...

The insta-rez from Rift armor was leet !! :

I don't have much hope for the PvP armour honestly....

The bonuses are ok, the way to acquire them is broken.

stuff stuff
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Well for set bonus's, the rift set bonus is really nice as well, especially for the moors, as is the ettenmoors set bonus (Insta-escape from darkness and -25s LS CD respectively for those who don't know).
    It's a 25% cd reduction not 25s, much better. Back in the SoA days my mix of gear was 4 from the moors set and 2 crafted peices, I would swap in a fifth peice for the cd reduction before hitting LS. It reduces the LS cd to 11:15. Attainable PvP gear needs to be added again (by attainable I mean not requiring stones from the delving raid bosses).

Added the 65 PvP set to the list....

For the Moria set does the VS heal include the HoT or just the initial amount?

Yeppers.

I'm interested in the OP's suggestion that the Rochben trade-off "isn't worth it". How so? You're saying 1 or 2 less gloom levels in an instance isn't better than the ever-so-slightly more captain-relevant stats given with a cappie hand piece? I seriously beg to differ. I'd gladly exchange either Teal glove for more Rad in BG.

Post-Watcher Captain armor sets don't give us much that's of any use in raids anyway....might and agility? Really? REEEELLY? Just give us Radiance, Morale and Power if we can't have Will and Fate. I have to work like hell to build my captain's most relevant stat. That's plain ol' dumb. If we want DPS and off-tanks in a raid, no one's taking a cappie unless they're desperate. Whoever put the stats on cappie armor has no idea why people bring captains to raid.

The cappie BG set is complete and utter rubbish - and the DN set would be if not for the 5-piece bonus. Why they build the cappie raid sets for an off-tank/DPS role (laugh) is one of the most puzzling things about the current state of the game. It's a travesty, really. If cappies are too uber at healing, then nerf their healing output! I would find that better than giving me a set of raid armor that makes me twitch every time I look at it because it's tailored for.....uh......maybe soloing? Please....
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Zitat Zitat von Southpa Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeppers.

I'm interested in the OP's suggestion that the Rochben trade-off "isn't worth it". How so? You're saying 1 or 2 less gloom levels in an instance isn't better than the ever-so-slightly more captain-relevant stats given with a cappie hand piece? I seriously beg to differ. I'd gladly exchange either Teal glove for more Rad in BG.

Post-Watcher Captain armor sets don't give us much that's of any use in raids anyway....might and agility? Really? REEEELLY? Just give us Radiance, Morale and Power if we can't have Will and Fate. I have to work like hell to build my captain's most relevant stat. That's plain ol' dumb. If we want DPS and off-tanks in a raid, no one's taking a cappie unless they're desperate. Whoever put the stats on cappie armor has no idea why people bring captains to raid.

The cappie BG set is complete and utter rubbish - and the DN set would be if not for the 5-piece bonus. Why they build the cappie raid sets for an off-tank/DPS role (laugh) is one of the most puzzling things about the current state of the game. It's a travesty, really. If cappies are too uber at healing, then nerf their healing output! I would find that better than giving me a set of raid armor that makes me twitch every time I look at it because it's tailored for.....uh......maybe soloing? Please....
    Let's look at Rochben compared to the other captain's gloves:

[armour]Hall-general's Gauntlets[/armour]
    [armour]Hall-captain's Gauntlets[/armour]
    [armour]Gauntlets of the Lady's Courage[/armour]
    [armour]Rochben[/armour]
    [armour]Battle-leader's Gauntlets[/armour]

Personally, I'd rather have the will built into the armor, that helps us with healing.

Yeah, removing an addition gloom over the 15 radiance gloves is nice... but what are captains supposed to be doing in raids? According to the forums, we're supposed to be healing in HoH - which means we need will and fate, to both make our heals better, and have more ICPR so we can heal longer.

Sure the extra agility is nice, for a better chance to crit on DB/PA, but for someone new to BG, you're sacrificing shadow defence on the 15 rad set, without getting some resists in exchange.

However, if you've been to DN, and can slot 4/6 of the DN set for it's resits, but you'd probably want to slot the 25 rad helm and shoulders for their will, which will give you SOMETHING you'd like... rather than an extreme amount of agility and morale.

The ONLY thing the BG set has going for me is it's appearance..... I'm hoping Turbine makes all the BG sets teal, and something for us to work towards... not a cool cosmetic set acquired through a bunch of pain and torment....
    Geändert von Almagnus1 (27.04.2010 um 18:56 Uhr)

The extra Radiance will increase your in/out healing, allow you do deal more damage and take less damage. 21 Will seems meh compared to 1 or 2 less levels of dread - especially toward crunch time when dread is ramping up. Works for me. Eat some Superior Lamb Hotpots instead.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Rochben is really conditional upon what other gear you have, to be honest.... for most captains without DN gear.... not really worth it.... because of the loss of the 15 rad 3 piece shadow bonus.

/agree with wootie.

edit: making the BG sets teal would do nothing...unless you meant make a whole new BG set which won't happen.
    Geändert von IGolbezI (27.04.2010 um 22:21 Uhr)
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Zitat Zitat von IGolbezI Beitrag anzeigen
    /agree with wootie.

edit: making the BG sets teal would do nothing...unless you meant make a whole new BG set which won't happen.
    But if they upped the stats when they made it teal, that would make a huge difference.

Zitat Zitat von Almagnus1 Beitrag anzeigen
    But if they upped the stats when they made it teal, that would make a huge difference.
    eh stats don't make much of a difference in this game. they would have to up it by a lot to make a huge difference.

and in LOTRO terms, a huge difference is generally radiance and morale
    Kraken, Thesungodra

If they, say..... Gave the BG Armor set the highest stat for each of the 10, 20, and 30 rad gear for Might, Agility, Vitality, Fate, and Will, that would make a huge difference, and captains would seek it out because it's the best gear regardless what we do.