We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner

Silver Deep Guard House: Thorin's Hall

So, for these past few months, I've wondered why I'm able to enter the "Silver Deep Guard House" in Thorin's Hall during the Introduction, but not throughout the rest of the game. So, I decided to do some research...

I uncovered that the Silver Deep Guard House used to be used during a prologue quest that was made obsolete in November of 2010. So, the doors were locked and we can't get in.

Now, I understand that the Silver Deep Guard House is very unnecessary, and reopening it isn't very important... BUT. The interior looks really cool during the introduction, and would make a great place for small gatherings, parties, or just a simple role play!

So, Turbine, I was wondering exactly what it would take to get the lock on that door picked, and the ability for us players to enter restored!

~Thanks. Glorg
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

I always wondered about that location, myself, but I never tried entering during the intro. Pics or it didn't happen!
    I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?

> Founder of Legacy of Narsilion on Arkenstone <
    - Extra Life Gamer | Captain of [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -
    - GamerReverie.blogspot.com -

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by AarawynnP View Post
    I always wondered about that location, myself, but I never tried entering during the intro. Pics or it didn't happen!
    I took some, lol. But you'll have to see for yourself... At least until I can get on my PC, on my tablet right now, so can't post them
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Ha ha!

I hadn't even realized they closed it. It was fine for a small little space; you had to check on a sick dwarf and go find medicine as I recall. On the other hand, the little crafting place nearby wasn't there for a long time, so there's probably more net interior space around Frerin's Court than before!