We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Forest Without Frontiers (Stewards of Fangorn) FULL DEFINITIVE GUIDE!!!

I knew during Beta this would cause a lot of problems, and I'm seeing a lot of query threads here and peeps in GLFF asking. I've decided to make this thread as a 'go to' place for information that is accurate to the best of my knowledge, as I compiled it all myself during Beta.

Here are the locations where if you summon your Hourn he will give quests:

38.3s 85.4w - Where Has Treebeard Gone?
    37.8s 81.3w - Twisted Branches *
    38.4s 79.2w - Unearthing Trouble
    38.6s 81.4w - A Thunder of Boughs
    39.0s 79.5w - Feasting on The Forest
    39.6s 82.9w - A Natural Remedy *
    39.9s 79.8w - Awakening The Forest
    41.1s 80.6w - Drawn to The Water
    41.8s 82.0w - The Enemy That Was
    41.9s 80.5w - Growth in Darkness
    43.2s 79.8w - Voices of Fangorn
    43.7s 79.5w - In Need of Tending

* Twisted Branches (Wood Trolls) and A Natural Remedy (Slugs) rely on their respective mobs being available in the area to spawn, it has been noted that these are not always available. If you can't find the slugs / wood trolls for those quests, try again another day. It does not seem to be related to the in game day / night cycle, and they can be gone for quite some time.

Quests may be offered in other locations nearby, but these are where I have confirmed they can be found.

If you work better visually, here is a map I made, the circles correspond to the circular midpoint of the arrow icon that marks your location when viewing the map, they are as accurate as I could make using layers of screenies in Photoshop

http://s28.postimg.org/gqap2dg6j/Stewards.jpg
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

I asked a GM in a ticket about those two quests, and he replied "The quests for the Update 13 is on a day rotation. This means that all quests will not be accessible all in one day. The player will need to check from day to day to see what quests can be completed."

One minor glitch in your map (or location data), the second point is listed as 37.8s, 81.3w but the dot on your map is positioned at 81.5w.

If you don't mind, I will add your locations as an overlay in MoorMap ver 1.27 (whenever that gets published) credited as "Matalan's quest start locations" on the Entwood map.

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    I knew during Beta this would cause a lot of problems, and I'm seeing a lot of query threads here and peeps in GLFF asking. I've decided to make this thread as a 'go to' place for information that is accurate to the best of my knowledge, as I compiled it all myself during Beta.

* Twisted Branches (Wood Trolls) and A Natural Remedy (Slugs) rely on their respective mobs being available in the area to spawn, it has been noted that these are not always available. If you can't find the slugs / wood trolls for those quests, try again another day. It does not seem to be related to the in game day / night cycle, and they can be gone for quite some time.

Quests may be offered in other locations nearby, but these are where I have confirmed they can be found.

If you work better visually, here is a map I made, the circles correspond to the circular midpoint of the arrow icon that marks your location when viewing the map, they are as accurate as I could make using layers of screenies in Photoshop

Thank you for all your hard work. Enormously appreciated. It all kind of reminds me a bit of Andreg if you remember him and his quests from Dunland. He had a very small area where his quest ring would appear for each of his quests. At least with Huorn, when you are in the right location he tries to get your attention and will give you the other quests as available.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post
    I asked a GM in a ticket about those two quests, and he replied "The quests for the Update 13 is on a day rotation. This means that all quests will not be accessible all in one day. The player will need to check from day to day to see what quests can be completed."
    I think it's more likely that the GM was talking about the rotating daily quest and that these two quests are actually bugged. Why make a normal, non-repeatable landscape quest where the mobs only exist once a week? That's just cruel.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    One minor glitch in your map (or location data), the second point is listed as 37.8s, 81.3w but the dot on your map is positioned at 81.5w.

If you don't mind, I will add your locations as an overlay in MoorMap ver 1.27 (whenever that gets published) credited as "Matalan's quest start locations" on the Entwood map.
    Hi Garan

The co-ord locs themselves should be spot on, those were written down when I was stood in place with my hourn offering the particular quest. I presume the glitch would be on the map, as each loc circle was 'hand placed' over the top of all the layers in Photoshop, so one being slightly off isn't too bad lol. Really the map is a reference to the co ords, so you can get in the right area, then narrow down with the co ords themselves if your hourn isn't showing anything.

As for including my stuff in MoorMap, that would be fantastic! Love your Terrain Map plugin btw

Glad people are finding this useful! I like to help out so it's honestly a pleasure to share this info.
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Thumbs up

This is an awesome post. Thank you for all the work you put into it.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair

This is excellent, and I especially appreciate the map, as coordinates though useful can be a pain to follow. I never would have found this if it hadn't been in your signature, so thanks for that helpful bit of guidance as well.
    Alasse: lore-master 100 on Landroval, plus alts of every other class

Open to improvement, but I've attempted to figure out an optimal path (ie travelling salesman) on this set of points, the route below ends up with a total cost of 41.18 map units (in essence, the cost to travel from 0,0 to 4.54,4.54)
    1. 38.4s 79.2w - Unearthing Trouble
    2. 39.0s 79.5w - Feasting on The Forest
    3. 39.9s 79.8w - Awakening The Forest
    4. 41.1s 80.6w - Drawn to The Water
    5. 41.9s 80.5w - Growth in Darkness
    6. 43.2s 79.8w - Voices of Fangorn
    7. 43.7s 79.5w - In Need of Tending
    8. 41.8s 82.0w - The Enemy That Was
    9. 39.6s 82.9w - A Natural Remedy *
    10. 38.6s 81.4w - A Thunder of Boughs
    11. 37.8s 81.3w - Twisted Branches *
    12. 38.3s 85.4w - Where Has Treebeard Gone?

Killing helpless LOTRO wildlife since '07
    1 Twinfall Path, Guriant, Falathlorn Homesteads

awaking the forest

ok i got all the quest done but the last guy not sure do i have to find an item and if so where

Thanks helped a lot.