Hi, I would like to introduce you to my planning spreadsheet. It's my first spreadsheet, which I started around the time of the launch of RoR.
Through time it has seen many improvements and I have used it a lot privately to plan my captain(s) mainly. I found it a great tool to optimize my characters and that's why I'd like to share it with you.
Here is a picture of how it looks like (version 3.1):
And here the calculated stats section (version 3.1):
You can see that everything is looking kinda double. It's two of everything. That's because you want to compare two sets or situations. Your current character like it is now and a new situation, maybe with that item in auction which you can buy or a fully buffed character with food, scrolls, hope tokens whatever.
The spreadsheet calculates your stats like inside the game and shows your improvements(green numbers) and/or negative effects (red numbers).
It also shows information on cap percentages and the required rating to reach these for any character level.
New in version 3.1 the selection of essences by dropdown list:
New in version 3.1 a virtue table in the style of Lotro wiki. Play with your virtue selections and change virtue ranks to see what it'll be like when you have leveled them up.
With current version 3.1 it supports:
1) All Races (includes racial traits)
2) All Classes
3) All Levels (for instance: see what your critpercentage would be when you level up a few) up to 105
4) Includes (but certainly not all) jewelry, armour, essences, legendary items, all food, scrolls, perks
5) Buff/Debuf section: captain's IDOME aura, motivation, hope/dread, minstrel's Tale of Tales aura
6) Stat tomes
7) Virtues section (what would my stats be with rank19 in...)
See below for a link to the spreadsheet document. It's avaliable in OpenDocument Spreadsheet (ODS) AND Microsoft Excel Macro-Enabled format(XLSM). If you don't have a spreadsheet application yet: Apache OpenOffice is free downloadable.
- adds high mastery rating % calculation. see https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...97#post7080097
- added a lot of base values for classes. everything complete except for warden (I don't have it unlocked)
- changed formulas for block, parry & evade (changed in upgrade 12.2)
- some formulas adjusted again. nothing shocking.
- many changes for update 13. initial release.
- lots of items adjusted for update 13. for instance, almost all food was changed
- added a lot of new Fangorn items, including golden Onodrim armour pieces.
- made changes to support Warden: different formula for critdef passive skill + adjusted class definition + complete base table
- support for player level extended to 105 by extrapolation of basetables
- fixed minstrel Tale of Tales finesse rating bonus in Dissonance stance (changed in U13)
- added on-level information about maximum ratings/percentages for Critical Hit, BPE and Mitigations
- adjusted caps and information at lower levels for Critical Hit and BPE + added some notes
- added mitigation percentage/rating for Orc-craft/Fell-wrought damage
- added Lore-master fs pet buff Shield of the Raven's Wing
Version 3.0 pre14:
- only OpenOffice version
- new dynamic calculation of item stats based on itemlevel
- U14 changes:
-- All essences included. All levels supported thanks to dynamic calculation.
-- All lvl95/100 Nadhin socket armour items, all new lvl100 class armour sets. Lots of lvl100 jewelry.
-- Virtue ranks 19.
- see pre14
- maximum avoidance percentages (BPE) back to 25%.
- added extra line with BPE ratings for 10, 17 or 20% depending on character level
- adjusted critical ratings in relics
- adjusted calculation of mastery(damage) percentage. graph was slightly changed and simplified. rating to percentage conversion now supported for > 100k rating (or any amount)
- added rating/% information for partial BPE cap, devastate crit cap and partial BPE mitigation cap (all accurate for any specified character level as usual).
- added new drop set items as far as my information goes. includes support for set bonuses
- made a Microsoft Excel version
- adjustment of some armour values
- adjusted captain HD jewelry
- fixed a bug in partial avoid mitigation information
New version 3.1:
- single sheet/tab per character build allows multiple builds in the same spreadsheet and comparison between any.
- reworked all formulas which were messy because of conversions and also for the new layouts.
- new virtue section with 'wiki' table
- selection boxes for essences
Microsoft Excel: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L...it?usp=sharing