Hi, I would like to introduce you to my planning spreadsheet. It's my first spreadsheet, which I started around the time of the launch of RoR.
Through time it has seen many improvements and I have used it a lot privately to plan my captain(s) mainly. I found it a great tool to optimize my characters and that's why I'd like to share it with you.
Here is a picture of how it looks like (version 3.4):
And here the calculated stats section (version 3.4):
You can see that everything is looking kinda double. It's two of everything. That's because you want to compare two sets or situations. Your current character like it is now and a new situation, maybe with that item in auction which you can buy or a fully buffed character with food, scrolls, hope tokens whatever.
The spreadsheet calculates your stats like inside the game and shows your improvements(green numbers) and/or negative effects (red numbers).
It also shows information on cap percentages and the required rating to reach these for any character level.
Rating Caps Information (version 3.4):
The selection of essences by dropdown list (version 3.4):
A virtue table in the style of Lotro wiki. Play with your virtue selections and change virtue ranks to see what it'll be like when you have leveled them up (version 3.4):
1) All Races (includes racial traits)
2) All Classes
3) All Levels (for instance: see what your critpercentage would be when you level up a few), even past the current level cap.
4) Includes most items: jewelry, armour, essences, legendary items, all food, scrolls, perks
5) Effects section: captain's IDOME aura, motivation, hope/dread, minstrel's Tale of Tales aura and many more
6) Stat tomes I-XII (and up to XX for future updates)
7) Virtues section (what would my stats be with rank19 in...)
See below for a link to the spreadsheet document in the OpenDocument format (ODS). The spreadsheet is made with LibreOffice, which is free downloadable.
Furthermore, the spreadsheet is also verified to work in OpenOffice. It's alright, but it's much slower. Both have some quirks. At the moment, I strongly advise to use LibreOffice version 126.96.36.199.
The spreadsheet will not work in Excel, because of the macro functions and other differences.
Version 3.4 (for U16.2):
- PvMP support: added PvMP rank, Audacity number, zone selection PvE/PvMP.
- PvMP: added PvMP sheet with armour, jewelry sets and Ettenmoors effects.
- new layout: all target percentages in one column. stats have been split in melee, ranged and tactical confirm Lotro's stat panel.
- changed buff/debuff section into skill tree passives/effects section. effects can be found on (and copied from) the effects sheet.
- added an effective mitigation percentage based on incoming damage and mitigations.
- added 55661 items from the excellent LID - LOTRO Item Database by Castorix (see also https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...for-gear-gt-lt)
- reworked Legendary sheet
- added Rating Caps 'window' with dynamic data & graphs
Version 3.5 (for U17):
- added Anórien items
- some changes related to added LI tiers
- updated ITEMSDB tab from Castorix' latest database (includes U17 items)
- minor bugfixes (some workarounds for LibreOffice 5.0 quirks)
- optimizations (mainly style related. now smaller file size: faster loading).
- reworked HD jewelry sheet: now contains all level 100 sets
- added some Warden effects, submitted by rocksteadie
- armour calculations again, because I've linked some more data, but shouldn't have any effect for current itemlevels.
Version 3.6 (for U18):
- changed calculation of damage/mastery, BPE and medium mitigation. changed corresponding graphs
- increased BPE ratings on items
- added Burglar's tactical mastery contribution from agility
- Champion receives now 3 Block rating per point of Might
- enabled block rating/% for champion
- Warden receives now 0 Tactical Mastery rating and 5 Physical Mastery per point of Might
- added lvl105 T8 essences, armour sets, blue/gold jewelry, purple weapons
- added new zone "PvE T2". calculations will automatically include T2 mitigation penalty when this zone is selected
- added support for new zone to Cap Info Panel
- slightly adjusted armour values for gold leggings
- armour selection lists are now class specific
- more intermediate caps
- added fully scalable Mathom Hunter armour (by character level 1-105, so you can plan at what level to open a box)
- added automatic scaling Shield of the Hammerhand (automatic stats by character class/level)
- resolved confusing N/A's when changing class
Version 3.7 (for U18.2):
- added an opponent level.
- contains all T2 Penetration debuffs as displayed in-game.
- mitigation calculations by opponent level.
- added all 18.2 items.
- added essence jewelry selection lists.
- refreshed ItemsDb.
Version 3.8 (for U19):
- added U19 Ithilien items (no purples).
- added essence cloak selection list.
- updated ITEMSDB tab from Castorix' latest database (includes U19 items)
- added LM Beneficial Sword and Staff Bug passive (see https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...16#post7638616)
- added lvl105 skirmish weapons and updated item levels of skirmish cloaks/jewelry/shields
- realigned caps panel
- added U19.2 essences and gold bracelets.
New version 3.9 (for U20):
- added U20 items.
- new selection list functions.
Spreadsheet download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pgjtvlgu2...203.9.ods?dl=0